• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

Hi guys, me and my extended family booked today at CR for May 30- June 7th. Never been that time of year and it's been years since any of us have been there(with the exception of the two 5-year-old princesses who have never been to WDW). Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Susan

Welcome!!

I've been thinking about our ADRs...do I need to have my resort reservation made before 180 days out so I can make all of our ADRs? If I haven't made our resort reservation will I only be able to do the ADRs for one day at a time?

Yes you will need a reservation to make ADR'S for all of the days you will be there. Otherwise it is 1 day at a time. We did this one year because we weren't sure we would be able to go. My DD got up every morning and did this.

I'm going to be in the "one day at a time" club this year. I'm still hopeful. I didn't do my ADRs until January for my last June trip (2013) and I still got everything I wanted including a "Be Our Guest" dinner ADR which was a hot commodity back then.

I'm here I'm here!! Phew, husband just told me to book a. Trip for June so it is looking like we will be flying in June 7th!!

I'm here I'm here!! Phew, husband just told me to book a. Trip for June so it is looking like we will be flying in June 7th!!

CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME to the group!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

right now we're all doing the same thing...

waiting....:headache: and :faint:

some of us are working on our spreadsheets to pass the time away..

Anyone have a spreadsheet that works for them they're willing to share?

I'm re-doing mine... :lmao:

Good question! My guess is we will need a reservation to get the 180+10. Anyone can make an ADR but the +10 may come from a reservation. Hopefully someone who actually knows can confirm this :)

YES, sadly its true - if you don't have a booked reservation, you will need to make ADRs one day at a time (at the 180 day mark for each day) - I did that last year when I thought/hoped/really wanted to go, but we didn't, so then I cancelled them....one at a time..

:(

YES, sadly its true - if you don't have a booked reservation, you will need to make ADRs one day at a time (at the 180 day mark for each day) - I did that last year when I thought/hoped/really wanted to go, but we didn't, so then I cancelled them....one at a time..

:(

At least I have until December!!

Hello Junies!! :wave2: .....and welcome to all the new peeps. Time seems to be creeping by. At least it won't be too much longer before we can start doing our ADRs so we will have plenty to talk about then. After that....time will fly and June will be here before we know it (hopefully).

Hello Junies!! :wave2: .....and welcome to all the new peeps. Time seems to be creeping by. At least it won't be too much longer before we can start doing our ADRs so we will have plenty to talk about then. After that....time will fly and June will be here before we know it (hopefully).

I look at my magnet everyday! At some point, I'm going to have to actually make a plan for ADR day!!!

I look at my magnet everyday! At some point, I'm going to have to actually make a plan for ADR day!!!

I know! I already know that our DD in Honduras really wants 'Ohana -- that's a family tradition for us. Our other DD said she really wants 'Ohana and '50s Prime Time Cafe. I want to eat at Sanaa. DH said he doesn't really care other than making sure we eat at 'Ohana. I'm hoping they do a Disney Visa discount for summer again next year, and it would be great if they do Stay, Play and Dine discount...I need to do some price comparisons and see if it the dining plan would be worth it for us if they do S/P/D. We've done the dining plan twice but since they've increased the cost so much and cut out so many thing (used to include appetizer, drink, meal, dessert, and tip!), it was cheaper on our last trip to just pay OOP for our meals. I need to crunch some numbers and see.

I just wish time would go by faster!

I'm ready to make ADRs too! I've been playing with this dining plan calculator. I think it's better for us to pay out of pocket but I still like playing! It shows OOP totals, as well as DDP totals. It's just fun to put in different combos!

http://www.distripplanner.com/

I'm ready to make ADRs too! I've been playing with this dining plan calculator. I think it's better for us to pay out of pocket but I still like playing! It shows OOP totals, as well as DDP totals. It's just fun to put in different combos!

http://www.distripplanner.com/

THANKS for that link to the dining calculator!! I haven't seen that one before - and when I plug in our dining plans, it says our meals would cost $2,605.94 :crazy2:

and if we get the DDxP (which we're planning on getting) it would only cost us $28.63 more than if we paid for the same meals out of pocket - and I'm sure they're only calculating what an average dinner would be - they aren't expecting my kids to buy the most expensive item on every menu - so I figure I'm saving a buck or two!!

:cool1:

its still A LOT of money for food!!

:faint:

THANKS for that link to the dining calculator!! I haven't seen that one before - and when I plug in our dining plans, it says our meals would cost $2,605.94 :crazy2:

and if we get the DDxP (which we're planning on getting) it would only cost us $28.63 more than if we paid for the same meals out of pocket - and I'm sure they're only calculating what an average dinner would be - they aren't expecting my kids to buy the most expensive item on every menu - so I figure I'm saving a buck or two!!

You're welcome! I play around with it at least once a week! Feels like I'm doing something!

I've played with it a few times and come out ahead NOT doing the DDP every single time. We only drink water usually. Rarely get deserts and usually just one snack item per person per day. Even the quick service dining plan would cost me and extra $350

We are about to book for June and I need help with dates please! We have the option to do either June 1-6 or June 19-24. Which will be less crowded? I originally thought June 1-6 would be less crowded because not everyone is out of school for the summer yet but now I'm not sure when the Star Wars weekends will be and I know that'll up the crowd levels.

I'd like to join in! We are looking at June 3rd thru June 10th! Thinking of trying cabins at fort wilderness :yay:

We are about to book for June and I need help with dates please! We have the option to do either June 1-6 or June 19-24. Which will be less crowded? I originally thought June 1-6 would be less crowded because not everyone is out of school for the summer yet but now I'm not sure when the Star Wars weekends will be and I know that'll up the crowd levels.

I think the earlier dates should be less crowded. Try this: www.easywdw.com for crowd calendars. 2015 isn't posted yet but you can look at '14 for an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter