• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

Apparently packages won't be available online until July 30th. :headache: According to an FAQ listed under "featured items" on the WDW website. I would post a link, but I don't have enough posts to do that. I'm not a hacker or a spammer, I swear!!:cool2:

At least we aren't going until June. I can't imagine trying to plan an January or February vacation without being able easily compare hotels...

We are going to Las Vegas at end of September too! Think I would be completely crazy if I didn't have another trip planned after coming back from family trip in June(going to Vegas for a family wedding but since we own timeshare -at Lake Ozark and exchanged for LV -we are staying 6 days)

YEAH!! Another Vegas lover!! I feel that Vegas vs. Disney are like night and day and some Disney lovers may not understand why I love Vegas so much!! Perhaps its like my princess side vs. my villain side?? :lmao:

We have flown past 2 trips-we have a "rewards/miles" CC that we use for everything (and pay each month) so we usually have miles to cash in:) We do rent car as we stay offsite...that may change-at least for a few days:cool1:

I have the credit card miles too, but I'm using mine for Vegas instead of Disney!! :cool1:

So here is tentative plan: June7-9 on site (DVC rent points vs mod if free DDP) then move to our timeshare exchange (have to confess-gotten spoiled by amenities and SPACE at offsite condos-we usually have Marriott resorts and they are very very nice) and stay there 1 week-with a stay at US on 6/7-2 day park to park pass, and remaining WDW days through rest of week. Am planning on 5 (possible 6?) day PH with waterpark option. We do like to go to beach for at least one day and would be nice to utilize offsite resort amenities too.

sounds like a fabulous trip!!!!

And thread up for 2 months and 10 pages and I am the caboose?? Guess someone has to bring up the rear :rotfl2: Hope it is not to late to join:wave2:

we are EXCITED to have you join us!! and dont worry - all the COOL KIDS sit in the back of the train!!

:welcome:

My husband and I are planning (read: I'm planning and talking his ear off about it...) a trip in the first week of June. I teach high school so we have to wait until school is out (May 23rd:cool1:) and, because I am not a masochist, we are waiting until after memorial day weekend. So we are flying down May 30th, checking into one of the Universal Resorts for two nights then heading over to French Quarter for 6/7 nights. I too am an obsessive planner :rolleyes1 so I have already found flights and everything!

Yeah, my DH doesn't have ears left b/c I've talked them off already about Disney..:lmao:..I will start an innocent conversation and then he'll realized I'm working my way around to Disney and then stops me right in my tracks...perhaps after being married for almost 21 years he's learning my tricks?? :rolleyes1

I am struggling a little with a few planning details, though... (And not just because of that stupid freaking grayed out arrow at the end of December 2014!!!!! :badpc::crazy2:) $#@$#$^&*^$#%%#$%%^&^$^$$%#EDDFF##!!!! *breath* :coffee: Anyway...

They are coming out with 2015 prices for packages on July 30th!! I already told DH this and I got a bunch of....:rolleyes2

1. Has anyone ever boarded Magical Express after already being in Orland for a few days? I read somewhere in the wide world of Disney planning sites that it should be okay... I am just a worrier.

I have not, but maybe someone else has and can chime in?? Or that might be a good question to ask in your own thread in the transportation area??

2. Especially for those of you who have recently visited: I stress enough planning "which park we will be in when" 180 days out for ADRs. Now I have to consider FP+ 60 days out? :confused3 And what if I have a perfect ADR for BOG (I know.. a pipe dream...) But there aren't any decent FP+ times available at MK that day? Also, when my husband and I last visited, while I did have a "plan" much of the adventure happened when we threw that out and decided to park hop spontaneously. Will we be limited by FP+ reservations 60 days out? I know we are all still figuring this stuff out, but it's making planning less fun and more stressful. I don't want to ruin the fun of our vacation before we even get there! :scared:

UGH...I know, how many MORE countdown timers can I have on my phone!! :rotfl2: I'm SUPER nervous about the new FP system - we had it down to a science on our last trip, and then we had friends who went over Easter and HATED the new system b/c they park hop and we park hop and they didnt like the restrictions on "hopping" - but I hear they're changing those so you can get more FPs for when you hop, and I'm sure they'll change it a few more times before we get there next year!!

I'm also hoping all the kinks get worked out and the lines for the 7 Dwarfs is shorter b/c it wont be the "newest" thing and that there MIGHT be a little less pressure on reservations for BOG, but somehow I doubt that...:rotfl:

Hello to Fellow Junies! We are looking to book June 19 -27. I work retail so have to work around inventory. Been lucky last couple of years and inventoried in May.
Let the Planning begin!!:yay:

I'm SUPER nervous about the new FP system - we had it down to a science on our last trip....

Us too! We road Tower of Terror (My husband and I both agree that this is our favorite ride in all of Disney) probably 12 times in a single day on our last trip due to a mixture of strategic fastpassing and watching wait times closely. And that was during spring break when crowd levels were around an 8 on TouringPlans. We did the same thing with Everest and if things got crowded in one park, we just hopped to another!

I'm also hoping all the kinks get worked out and the lines for the 7 Dwarfs is shorter b/c it wont be the "newest" thing and that there MIGHT be a little less pressure on reservations for BOG, but somehow I doubt that...:rotfl:

I'm hoping 7 Dwarfs slows down some too. I have heard mixed reviews about the theming and length and such, but it sounds interesting and my husband was interested in it last time we were there (They were still building it then). I just don't know if I want to "waste" a fastpass on it.

We got reservations at BOG last time were were there, which was within the first few weeks that it was open I got up at 4:30am to do it and still only got "off-center" times, but it was our honeymoon and our wedding was Beauty and the Beast inspired. We had to eat there.) Even though our reservation wasn't during normal meal times (I think it was at like 3:45 or something weird), the place as PACKED and the tables, in classic Disney style, were very close together. He wants to eat there again this time, so we shall see how it goes...

So I booked my airline tickets today! :cool1: The flights I wanted suddenly dropped in price so I couldn't pass it up. I'm just slightly worried because we haven't booked a package yet. I never do things out of what I perceive to be the "proper order" :worried:(ie Disney Package, other hotels if applicable, airline tickets, then extras like car rental and such if applicable). I suppose I could call to book a room-only, but the hubby wants me to do final price comparisons before book and that is just easier online. Although we both know we are just going to end up back at French Quarter like we did last time... :rolleyes:

Oh well... 10 MORE DAYS! :cheer2:

We did the same thing with Everest and if things got crowded in one park, we just hopped to another!

I'm hoping 7 Dwarfs slows down some too. I have heard mixed reviews about the theming and length and such, but it sounds interesting and my husband was interested in it last time we were there (They were still building it then). I just don't know if I want to "waste" a fastpass on it.
We rode EE several times as well-at end of day that side of park was empty (had FP but didn't really need it). It was on an EMH am day too. By the last few times thru we were making faces at camera for ride pics (sooo glad we had MM!)

I don't think (personally) 7DMT would have been worth it without FP+-no way was I waiting >90 min for it - though it turned out to be one of DS favorite rides. It is nicely themed but definitely not any wilder than Space Mountain or Big Thunder. I was expecting something more along the lines of Splash mountain but I thought Splash M had more "scenes".

Hubs commission check schedule is changing next year(from spring to summer) so I am planning to have things budgeted pretty well for June-and possibly trying for F&W in fall with a few friends...

married 21 years here too this August :cool1:

And I am planning stuff for Vegas too-want to do the "scooter" tour - includes stop at Pawn stars shop and Counting Cars shop (yes, history channel geek) And it came to me in a dream to check quick jaunt to DL-yeah that is not happening but can't blame a girl for checking right?:rotfl: We are supposed to be there for family wedding...

Okay. Disney is just messing with me at this point! I on know they say prices won't be released until the 30th, but that doesn't stop me from checking at least once day.:rolleyes1 So I checked today and it let me select dates for 2015!!! :cheer2:

Before you get too excited, read on. No matter what you put in the search it says "this special offer is unavailable for the dates selected.":furious: why release the calender then! ! Oy vey...

Bummer.....I just checked the WDW website for kicks and it is showing the 2015 calendar for me too. I got super excited and figured I would drop by here to see if it was too good to be true. I'm not quite ready to book because I'm not sure of our exact dates in for next June but I want to be able to book SOON!!!

We were just in WDW from June 14-21 and we stayed off-site. It has been so hard to get back to "normal" activities. I go to the store and see things that would be "great for the trip." Did you know Little Debbie has Coral Reef snack cakes? Yep, gets me thinking about Epcot. The one thing that has been keeping me "sane" has been the fact that we are going to actually move to Orlando/Kissimmee when DD graduates in 2016.

Today they announced the 2015 Military Salute tickets and discounts. I casually mentioned to DH that it would be nice to go this coming summer again. But I want to stay on-site. He said, "I don't see why we can't." So, here I am ready to jump in for another year of planning.

It won't be the entire family this time. We are normally a family of 6+. But with the older boys off to college and new lives, it will just be DH, myself, DD17, DS4. Not even sure what dates we'll go. I am thinking June 6-13. So up in the air with excitement and had to share with some folks who understand.

:cheer2:

Okay. Disney is just messing with me at this point! I on know they say prices won't be released until the 30th, but that doesn't stop me from checking at least once day.:rolleyes1 So I checked today and it let me select dates for 2015!!! :cheer2:

Before you get too excited, read on. No matter what you put in the search it says "this special offer is unavailable for the dates selected.":furious: why release the calender then! ! Oy vey...

I did the same thing today. I decided to go ahead and call to book room only. I hope I can add dining plan after July 30th. So now I'm officially booked for June 1-7 :cheer2:

One week left until I can book our trip!

Still cant decide where to stay.

I guess I'll decide when I see the current room rates.

Been stalking the resort forums and I am thinking about FW campsite now-did not realize you could rent deluxe campers from independent sites(not sure why this hadn't occurred to me LOL) and if prices are any where near the same it would be 1/2 the cost of staying anywhere else...plus the kids want a "relaxing" vacation and the pools/grounds sound amazing. Got an adults only float trip coming up so gonna wait til DH is in relaxed mode on the river and put a "bug" in his ear :)

Count us in. Albeit not really sure dates yet. I'm thinking June, the beginning of summer. July-August trips seem so rushed for us. We are new DVC members. Are home is AKL. So looking forward to our first trip as DVC'ers.

I have not read all the posts here yet. I was on a May thread. But, it looks like plans may be changing from end of May to the begining of June. I have a few suggestions for here. The origional poster on May made edits to their origional post with peoples names, dates and where they were staying. It helped us to know the info quicker then going through each post. Cool to see who will be there at the same times! Also, there was a fb group made for us. I hope to get to know you guys more and share planning with you.

I'd love to join in!

Just booked RO for 8-15 June at YC :woohoo:
Doing a split stay with SOG (4 nights) and Uni. onsite for 2 or 3 nights.

This is our 4th trip, 1st with a split stay, 1st onsite at Uni., and 1st time at all 3 resorts! We have stayed at OKW (June 2012, Oct. 2006) and WL (Dec. 2008).

I was so excited to finally book rooms! Now the wait for ADRs--only, what, 5 months to go :lmao:!

Excited to do SWW again--love to try one of the character meals :banana:

Looking forward to getting to know you all, as it seems you are uber planners like me! :thumbsup2

I have not read all the posts here yet. I was on a May thread. But, it looks like plans may be changing from end of May to the begining of June. I have a few suggestions for here. The origional poster on May made edits to their origional post with peoples names, dates and where they were staying. It helped us to know the info quicker then going through each post. Cool to see who will be there at the same times! Also, there was a fb group made for us. I hope to get to know you guys more and share planning with you.

Yes, please, if possible to put that info together. We had it for the June 2014 thread. Also had google docs that we could log our ADRs on so it made for some DisMeets. :wave2:

Well I did it, just book the long weekend in Nov. Will be staying at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid room. So looking forward to seeing the Osborn Lights! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter