****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

Hi, everyone! I am so happy to see this thread!

I am hoping and praying to make my very first trip to Disney World this June. It would be my husband and I, our son and his family, and our daughter and her family. None of us have ever been, except my daughter, who was able to go for 1 day when she was about 16 years old and was spending a week with relatives who lived in Florida at the time.

There will be a total of 6 adults, 2 teenage girls and 2 toddlers. Our plan is to stay at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness for several reasons; a lot of food allergies in one family, and because we know the little ones will wear out at the parks and then we can just enjoy the Fort and all it has to offer.

I am glad to see that you all are very experienced, because I will have a lot of questions I am sure.

Cathy

I am hoping and praying to make my very first trip to Disney World this June. It would be my husband and I, our son and his family, and our daughter and her family. None of us have ever been, except my daughter, who was able to go for 1 day when she was about 16 years old and was spending a week with relatives who lived in Florida at the time.

Welcome Cathy!!! Ya'll are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!! There is nothing as magical as your very first trip to Walt Disney World!!! pixiedust:

There will be a total of 6 adults, 2 teenage girls and 2 toddlers. Our plan is to stay at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness for several reasons; a lot of food allergies in one family, and because we know the little ones will wear out at the parks and then we can just enjoy the Fort and all it has to offer.

I am glad to see that you all are very experienced, because I will have a lot of questions I am sure.

Cathy

:welcome: Cathy!!

I can't believe how many folks have found us already!! This bus of riders/readers for our June 2015 may actually be filled by the time we roll into Disney!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Feel free to ask ANY question about Disney and I'm sure someone here will have an answer!

I know I'll have questions myself! We haven't been since they implemented FP+ so that's new to me, and I'm sure it will change even before we get there!

My biggest issue/concern/question is that we are park hoppers, so I want to be able to get FPs in the morning, and then hop somewhere else and get some more...I can't help it, we're hopping fools! :rolleyes1

I have a kid that loves Legos so we have been toying with idea of heading over while we are close.
Has anyone been? Have any advice?

I have a kid that loves Legos so we have been toying with idea of heading over while we are close.
Has anyone been? Have any advice?

like to the Lego store in Downtown Disney?? We've been there - it was a mad house! Lego choices up the walls - huge displays! A Lego dream!!

I'm not sure if there is a Legoland Park nearby since I can't seem to go anywhere other than WDW while I'm in Florida!!

:rotfl2:

Avery&Todd said:
like to the Lego store in Downtown Disney?? We've been there - it was a mad house! Lego choices up the walls - huge displays! A Lego dream!!

I'm not sure if there is a Legoland Park nearby since I can't seem to go anywhere other than WDW while I'm in Florida!!

:rotfl2:

Well I had originally planned to just do the DD store since we only do Disney while there but the park is about 45 minutes away and since we drive it would be easy. I have just never been so I am wondering if it is worth the extra night, extra ticket cost, extra day of food....

OK fellow "waiting on the year long train ride to Disney World" rider..I have a question for you...I'll even answer it first...

"What are some things you've never done in WDW that you can't believe you've never done...and are a little embarrassed to even admit to not doing it..:rolleyes1"

So, in our 3 trips to WDW I've/we've never:
1. I've never had a Dole Whip...ever
2. I've only been to Rope Drop at AK - not any other park...:crazy2:
3. I've never seen Fantasmic
4. 50's Prime Time is the only restaurant we've ever eaten at in Hollywood Studios
5. I've never ridden Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster or EE - but we DO plan on doing 2 of the 3 next trip - I'm not sure I can get the boys on EE..certainly NOT the DH! :scared:

I'm sure there are PLENTY more, but I'll start off with these first 5

YOUR TURN!!

Well I had originally planned to just do the DD store since we only do Disney while there but the park is about 45 minutes away and since we drive it would be easy. I have just never been so I am wondering if it is worth the extra night, extra ticket cost, extra day of food....

We've never been so I can't help you there, but I KNOW that I've read some Trip Reports that included a visit to Lego Land! Perhaps if you "search" for LegoLand you'll be able to find some feedback from other folks??

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome! I am so excited about this trip. I have wanted to go to Disney World for as long as I can remember. I wanted to take my children when they were children, but life kept getting in the way. Now, they have children and hubby and I are not getting any younger, (or any richer, lol) so I have decided that some how, some way, I am going to make this happen. The grand-kids do not know my plan, we want to make sure it is financially possible before we tell them. I am so anxious for the prices to come out for June 2015!

I have been reading trip reports and reviews and have a few questions already. For instance, I am wondering if the term "Rope Drop" means being at the park entrance when they first open in the morning? And "bag check", I guess that is a security check where they check your bags to see what you are bringing in to the parts?

Ok, I will stop for this round, lol, thanks in advance for you help!

Cathy

Ok, here are my top 5 "nevers" for WDW. We've been there 5 times, and I've never:

1. Seen Illuminations
2. Eaten a turkey leg
3. Ridden Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoaster
4. Been to a hard ticket event (will get to do MVMCP Dec 2014!!)
5. Been to Tom Sawyer Island.

Don't know that I'll ever work up the nerve for ToT, but I plan to try RR next trip! Also plan on seeing Illuminations...its the one thing we are always saying...oh, we'll see it next time, we'll see it next time and we just NEVER do! :confused3 But for REAL this time!!! ;)

OK fellow "waiting on the year long train ride to Disney World" rider..I have a question for you...I'll even answer it first...

"What are some things you've never done in WDW that you can't believe you've never done...and are a little embarrassed to even admit to not doing it..:rolleyes1"

So, in our 3 trips to WDW I've/we've never:
1. I've never had a Dole Whip...ever
2. I've only been to Rope Drop at AK - not any other park...:crazy2:
3. I've never seen Fantasmic
4. 50's Prime Time is the only restaurant we've ever eaten at in Hollywood Studios
5. I've never ridden Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster or EE - but we DO plan on doing 2 of the 3 next trip - I'm not sure I can get the boys on EE..certainly NOT the DH! :scared:

I'm sure there are PLENTY more, but I'll start off with these first 5

YOUR TURN!!

In the 5 times I've been to Disney I have never:

1. I've never had a dole whip either :)
2. I've never seen fantasmic
3. I've never riden the tower of terror either. it just seems too scary for me.
4. I've never see all the 360 videos in the countries at Epcot.
5. I've never eaten a mickey shaped ice cream treat.
6. I've never seen the muppets 3D show/ride at HS.

I'm sure there are lots more but I can't think of them. My hope is to try some of things when I go next year.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

We leave next Wednesday, June 4 and check in Thursday, June 5!!! I'm so excited. It's going to be a different kind of trip this time however, since I have my 5 month old son with me, but it will still be fabulous!

Things I've never done:

1. ToT, RNR, TT or EE (and don't plan on it b/c I am too chicken :rotfl2:)
2. Seen/Experienced the Carousel of Progress, Studio Back Lot Tour, One Man's Dream, Tom Sawyer's Island, The People Mover or Hall of Presidents
3. Primeval Whirl or Alice's Teacups (I always think I'll get too dizzy and get sick)
4. Seen any of the movies at the countries in Epcot (except Norway after Maelstrom)
5. Had an alcoholic drink in Epcot.. or any park... I had a wine spritzer at the Luau once. I'm not much of a drinker anyway.

I am so happy to find this thread......:goodvibes My sister, her family, and mine are booked, off-site, for June 21 to July 1, 2015 (Thank you Mom and Dad for transferring your vacation points to us :cheer2::cheer2:)....... Now my sister thinks I am a bit nutty for already thinking about the trip.... (She has never been to WDW but LOVES DL/DCA....) Little does she know.......

My 5 Things....
1. I have never ridden RR, EE, or ToT... (Trying to talk myself into for this next trip....Luckily I have a few days to work up to it....:rolleyes1)
2. I have never done the Jungle Cruise at the Magic Kingdom.
3. I have never seen Fantasmic at the Hollywood Studios.
4. I have never seen Finding Nemo at the Animal Kingdom
5. I have never done the Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach...(No chance this is happening ever....)

1. Ridden the Jungle Cruise
2. Ridden Mission Space (and that won't change...I only have one hearing and balance nerve due to a brain tumor removed 3 years ago...I think I'd get VERY sick on it:crazy2:)
3. Seen the Indiana Jones show.
4. Been in any other WDW resorts besides CBR, POR, and Poly.
5. Had a Dole Whip, Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Skool (sp?) Bread, Zebra Dome, or Turkey Leg!

I'm so excited to keep planning and wishing with y'all! pixiedust:

Hi everyone !

I am new to DIS and have only been to Disney one other time back in June 2000. We are going June 2015 and I am beyond excited ! We don't have any wiggle room and will be going June 20- 27. I hope I can get a lot of help from everyone. I know they haven't released prices or discounts yet. Was hoping to stay at WL, have heard great things about this place. Don't know of any places to eat ( planning on getting the DP) ! I'm so happy to find a board being so early, glad I'm not the only one super excited for next year !!

-- Jess F

jesski615 said:
Hi everyone !

I am new to DIS and have only been to Disney one other time back in June 2000. We are going June 2015 and I am beyond excited ! We don't have any wiggle room and will be going June 20- 27. I hope I can get a lot of help from everyone. I know they haven't released prices or discounts yet. Was hoping to stay at WL, have heard great things about this place. Don't know of any places to eat ( planning on getting the DP) ! I'm so happy to find a board being so early, glad I'm not the only one super excited for next year !!
-- Jess F

Believe me you are not alone in the anticipation of next years Disney vacation. I have a countdown clock on my phone that I look at every few days. But I'm anxious for July so that I can put down my deposit. I've never stayed at WL. We are a family of 5 so we stay at POR. We loved that hotel but my dream place to stay is the Polynesian resort. Happy planning.

Hi everyone !

-- Jess F

:welcome: Oh you are not the only one beyond excited about your June 2015 trip!!

I can't stand it sometimes I'm so flipping excited!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

We have stayed at WL twice and we LOVED IT!! I can try to answer any specific questions you might have about the resort!!

I have been reading trip reports and reviews and have a few questions already. For instance, I am wondering if the term "Rope Drop" means being at the park entrance when they first open in the morning? And "bag check", I guess that is a security check where they check your bags to see what you are bringing in to the parts?

Ok, I will stop for this round, lol, thanks in advance for you help!

Cathy

PLEASE ask as many questions as you like!! We all enjoy answering them!!

and YES! Rope Drop is when they open the parks and there is a little song & dance number...

and YES! Bag check is before going into the park, they sorta go through your bags looking for "bad things"...usually its a quick process, but when there are a TON of people waiting in line, it never seems like a quick process!! I wish I could be one of those people who just brings a cell phone in their pocket and skips that line, but I've always got a mini-backpack with me and we must endure it!

:rotfl:

In 6 trips to WDW (I won't count the 1st because I was 7 and didn't have any say so in the trip plans) I've/we've never-

1) encountered the Citizens of Hollywood at DHS (even though it's been on my list for the past 3 trips)
2) done the Hoop de Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness
3) been to a WDW water park (even though it's been on the plans before)
4) been to Disney Quest
5) never seen/ridden/done Enchanted Tales w/ Belle, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, the new Test Track, Sum of all Thrills, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, Club Cool, and Primeval Whirl (would love to try them all)

Oh my gracious!! as I read all the things that you guys haven't done in your past trips, I realize that there are even MORE things that I haven't done!! :rotfl:

1. I haven't been to a Disney water park
2. I haven't eaten School bread either - and that won't change since I'm not a fan of coconut! :crazy2:
3. I've never been to a Princess meet & greet
4. I've never eaten at Kona Cafe (I feel that everyone and their mother has eaten there and partaken in the pineapple/macadamia pancakes except for me!!)
5. I've never ridden on the teacup ride!!

I feel like SUCH the WDW loser!! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter