~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

I've read that the South American groups visit disney world in January and that the crowds can be quite large. Does anyone know if this makes the crowd level larger than normal in January? I'm going to WDW jan 28- feb6

They tend to travel in a big mass, so they really just bother you if you are right behind them, trying to go in the same direction, or ahead of you in line. They don't make the parks more crowded. The week you are going has some of the lowest crowd predictions of the year. Most of them were gone by the time we got there last Feb 4th.

Less then 24 hours!! It is going to be chilly - high of 48 on Tuesday! I guess it is better then -2 like it is in PA right now.

We are staying at Pop from 1/5 to 1/2. Can't wait to leave!

Jessica527 said:
Less then 24 hours!! It is going to be chilly - high of 48 on Tuesday! I guess it is better then -2 like it is in PA right now.

We are staying at Pop from 1/5 to 1/2. Can't wait to leave!

Lucky!!! I'm also from PA. We start the drive down on the 21st and arrive the 23rd... any type of Florida weather is much better than what we have up here!!

To all the runners in this group good luck next week. Was just told by my doctor that I can't run and need physical therapy. A huge let down.

Thank you :goodvibes ... so sorry to hear about your injury, hope you recover soon and can take part in a race in the future :thumbsup2

I've made a start on packing! We leave on Thursday, but I'll be at work Mon-Weds... so it just made sense to get the suitcases down from the loft when we were putting the Christmas decorations back up there :rolleyes1 hehe

Emma princess: x

Thank you :goodvibes ... so sorry to hear about your injury, hope you recover soon and can take part in a race in the future :thumbsup2

I've made a start on packing! We leave on Thursday, but I'll be at work Mon-Weds... so it just made sense to get the suitcases down from the loft when we were putting the Christmas decorations back up there :rolleyes1 hehe

Emma princess: x

Thanks I am going to talk with my PT on Tuesday And go from there. I really want to run I've been training since July. We are actually going to get the suitcases down and start packing as well. Have fun packing!

We have all our clothes out and ready to pack tomorrow. We leave Tuesday! Weather looks pretty chilly that first day, but warm the rest of the time. Last year we only wore shorts, it was so hot! Think we'll just layer that first day. Or buy some new Disney sweatshirts. Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

SOOO close but so far away! I have a broken rib and a heck of a cough, it better go away SOON! (I know the rib most likely will not be fully healed)

We will be leaving for Florida on Friday (10th) but won't be checking in at Disney ( FQ ) till Sunday (12th) and we're there till the 20th! Can't wait! :yay:

I've been keeping up with the Facebook group more so than the boards recently, but I leave on Tuesday and absolutely can't wait! It will be in the single digits in Baltimore when I leave. It will literally be one degree when I leave for the airport. (woohoo for a flight during the 6 a.m. hour) So even though it will be the coldest day of the week in WDW, I'm looking forward to those 40 some degrees!

So this is kind of a weird question since I'm no where close to an airplane engineer or anything, but does extreme low temperatures impact planes and therefore flights at all? We had a decent amount of snow this week and will get a bit more the day before I leave, but nothing I think that would impact my flight. I just don't know if low temperatures alone would impact. Thoughts?

:yay: Me Me Me! I'm going in January!

POR from 1/15 - 1/20. We just planned this trip last minute and I'm so excited. I was able to get all of my ADRs, figured out FP+ well enough and have even gotten our Magic Bands already.

:woohoo:

Does anyone know where I can find postcards with the park names on them and also either key chains or magnets? I want something small like that from each park but I've looked all over and can't find them..

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go... :)
This is THE day! Leaving in a few hours, absolutely excited and cannot sleep, lol!

We leave tomorrow morning. I'm super excited, but I'm having some trouble with anxiety. This seems to happen anytime I am prepping for a trip.

I just feel like there's so much to get done! I took three full days off before our travel day and I still am feeling overwhelmed. I got the house in order yesterday. Today I'm working on laundry and packing, and I have to bake some cookies at some point.

I'm also really nervous about leaving my dog. I have a housesitter/dogsitter (a good friend of mine) ...so I know she'll be in very good hands. But I've always been able to leave her with my mom in the past (who my dog loves almost as much as me). This time mom is coming with me and I'm leaving Lily with someone she doesn't know. It's killing me! I'm worried that she's going to feel abandoned, etc... it's not like you can sit down and explain to a dog that you'll be back.

Does anyone else get anxious before a big vacation?

:yay: Me Me Me! I'm going in January!

POR from 1/15 - 1/20. We just planned this trip last minute and I'm so excited. I was able to get all of my ADRs, figured out FP+ well enough and have even gotten our Magic Bands already.

:woohoo:

You arrive the day we leave. I'll leave all of my leftover pixie dust at the front desk for you!

15 days till we hit the road!!! Trying to stay warm on this cold, rainy and snowy day by watching Disney movies while huddled under a bkanket with my 2 year old. Can't wait!!! Trying to get her to watch as many movies as possible over the next 2 weeks so she recognizes all the characters when we do our meet and greets and character dining :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter