~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

This is exactly what I have read too. That you get individual FP choices for everyone in your group. So if three of you want to ride Soarin and two want to do character spot instead, you can schedule FP+ individually.

I just wonder how FP+ and rider swap work?

Good question cause if you got rider swap you could potentially get 6 fp instead of 3 by switching.

If you had already booked via Stay Play and Dine promotion, now there is a Families with Children promotion that may save you some extra money. Check the usual WDW special offers page.

Best of lucks!

Walter

If you had already booked via Stay Play and Dine promotion, now there is a Families with Children promotion that may save you some extra money. Check the usual WDW special offers page.

Best of lucks!

Walter

I cant figure out what the promotion actually is :confused3 SPD is where adults pay kids price for dining and tickets, but what is the promotion for Fw/C? Sorry for such a dumb question.

I cant figure out what the promotion actually is :confused3 SPD is where adults pay kids price for dining and tickets, but what is the promotion for Fw/C? Sorry for such a dumb question.

I just looked it up and it's a promotion for families with at least 1 child between the ages of 3 and 9. I priced it out and got the same price I got for SPD (we are a family of 4 with a 6 year old and one who will be 4 when we travel). it seems like the same promotion to me, just with a different name. we are staying at POR in a royal room. maybe there are some more savings at other resorts in different rooms, but it didn't save us any more money than SPD.

So, technically it's not a trip but I'm moving down to Orlando for my six month professional internship in the beginning of January!! Beyond excited and hoping I can make the move permanent. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up on the discount! We saved an additional $36!! Not much, but every little bit helps :)
And it's only an additional discount if you stay at a value resort, if I read it correctly.

So what's the word?? Did anyone that didn't have an option to customize bands as of last week get the option to customize yet? I can't customize yet... I'm getting really anxious now!!! I think I must be obsessively checking every hour!!! Haha. I think it will feel like Christmas morning when the option does finally pop up!

I had beautiful pink bands all customized... and then I switched packages to the latest sale and now they are gone. Oh well, I assume they'll come back eventually.

So what's the word?? Did anyone that didn't have an option to customize bands as of last week get the option to customize yet? I can't customize yet... I'm getting really anxious now!!! I think I must be obsessively checking every hour!!! Haha. I think it will feel like Christmas morning when the option does finally pop up!

Nothing yet.

80 days out!! Feel the same... Very exciting!!!!

83 and a half more days for me!

We did visit Pop in September and we still have our magic bands, so I'm curious how that's going to be handled. I can still see our magic bands in my account and when I click on "Manage Magic Bands," they appear to be active, so I wonder if I will get new ones or use the ones we already have.

Today is our 60 day mark, so we should be able to make our FP+ plans but I forgot until now, and left our planning itinerary at the office. I am going to try to make our FP+ plan tomorrow, from memory as to what time I was anticipating making them. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was excited about the FP+ but now with the EPCOT tiers, I'm not too pleased about that - I mean really, FP+ for Nemo and Spaceship Earth for Tier 2 options? Those are never more than a 20 minute standby wait. FP just isn't usually necessary. Our quandary will be Test Track vs. Soarin'.

My guess is that DH and I will FP+ Soarin' on our 1st EPCOT day, hit Soarin' early for a standby ride, then test Track for either standby or single rider, and then use our Soarin' FP+ hopefully scheduled for later in the afternoon. Then for our 2nd EPCOT day, which will be our last day in WDW, arrive for the AM EMH, do as much as we can and FP+ Test Track for before we leave.

Has anyone else made their FP+ plans yet for late Dec./early Jan.?

Made my FP+ this evening. What a nightmare! I have absolutely no faith that what I have selected will actually make it to our MBs. I'm not sure that they could have come up with a more convoluted way to make the selections. Plus then, I had to copy each FP+ multiple times b/c it kept telling me that 2-3 of the people in my party weren't eligible for the FP+. Oy. And it is still not showing everything correctly in the itinerary.

As of now, I can be pretty sure that AK's Festival of the Lion King will be closing Jan 5th. I was able to select it as a FP+ for the 5th but if you look at "shows" on your itinerary and select FOTLK, it will only show the times of the show for dates up to and including Jan. 5th. But if you look for the Finding Nemo show, it shows dates through the end of January. (of course, Disney could decide to extend it at any time.)

I recently heard from a travel agent friend that 60 days out is the official time for magic bands to show up. Hoping that's true and they'll be there on Thursday when I do online check in!

I recently heard from a travel agent friend that 60 days out is the official time for magic bands to show up. Hoping that's true and they'll be there on Thursday when I do online check in!

It makes sense. They do need to come out with an exact time frame instead of just random releases. LOL. In the mean time, magic bands and fast passes are taking over my dreams. Hahaha. I think I will start putting together some must need fast passes for when the time comes to schedule!

Today is our 60 day mark, so we should be able to make our FP+ plans but I forgot until now, and left our planning itinerary at the office. I am going to try to make our FP+ plan tomorrow, from memory as to what time I was anticipating making them. I'll let you know how it goes. I was excited about the FP+ but now with the EPCOT tiers, I'm not too pleased about that - I mean really, FP+ for Nemo and Spaceship Earth for Tier 2 options? Those are never more than a 20 minute standby wait. FP just isn't usually necessary. Our quandary will be Test Track vs. Soarin'. My guess is that DH and I will FP+ Soarin' on our 1st EPCOT day, hit Soarin' early for a standby ride, then test Track for either standby or single rider, and then use our Soarin' FP+ hopefully scheduled for later in the afternoon. Then for our 2nd EPCOT day, which will be our last day in WDW, arrive for the AM EMH, do as much as we can and FP+ Test Track for before we leave. Has anyone else made their FP+ plans yet for late Dec./early Jan.?

What is this FP tier???? You can't just pick any 3 rides you want for that day??

Woo-hoo! Thank you for telling me about the families with little ones discount! It will be just me with my 2 kids January 11-18 and I was able to save about $150 with that offer over the stay, play, and dine offer! I think it makes a difference because of the difference because I only have 1 adult. I haven't actually booked yet...but I'm VERY tempted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter