~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

Check your southwest flights this week for January....
I got a $54 dollar credit last week and another $144 credit yesterday. Our return flight went down again!!

We visited Disney last this past January and LOVED IT. Minimal to no lines, good weather. Can't wait for a repeat! Now hoping for some ticket discounts for Seaworld. We arrive in Orlando on the 17th. Checking into Disney POR (first time at this resort) on the 20th. Excited to see what all the hype is about FP+ and the MB.

We are visiting 1/26-1/30 and I have magical bands on my disney experience! However when I go to customize them, the only option is gray. Anyone else?

We are visiting 1/26-1/30 and I have magical bands on my disney experience! However when I go to customize them, the only option is gray. Anyone else?

You do???? I hope that means the rest of us will be getting them on our account too! :D

I just did my parents bands and FP+ for their late October trip (they procrastinated) and ran into several pages of 'this feature is now being updated/under maintance... yada yada yada'. Maybe the other colors will pop up soon when whatever they are doing is completed.

I keep checking for magic bands!! I love the idea! Does anyone know how they are choosing people to try them out and if they are going to be rolled out to everyone in January? Thanks!

Interesting! I checked ours and we don't have them. However, it says I haven't linked any cards or bands to my account... but it was my impression they would just show up, right?

MDE confuses me, and I used to do website stuff with my job... I'm starting to feel pretty silly.

- my tickets and my husband's show up, and we can't do FP+ until 60 days out, right??

- also, what stuff do you manually have to link? other people in your travel party? or just your own stuff? I would think your own stuff would already be associated with your account and the only thing you'd actually "link" would be other people, but it's saying I can "link" my own reservations. I'm confused!

I'm still waay behind the curve on this. If there's a good thread, please point me to it!

Interesting! I checked ours and we don't have them. However, it says I haven't linked any cards or bands to my account... but it was my impression they would just show up, right? MDE confuses me, and I used to do website stuff with my job... I'm starting to feel pretty silly. - my tickets and my husband's show up, and we can't do FP+ until 60 days out, right?? - also, what stuff do you manually have to link? other people in your travel party? or just your own stuff? I would think your own stuff would already be associated with your account and the only thing you'd actually "link" would be other people, but it's saying I can "link" my own reservations. I'm confused! I'm still waay behind the curve on this. If there's a good thread, please point me to it!
I have all the same questions. I was just being patient for it to show up or have these questions just get answered over time. I think you're right with 60 days out. I just want to see my magic bands show up on the site :-)

I'm going to Disney Jan. 29 - Feb. 3rd and I keep checking for Magic Bands too. I have a magic band from our September trip but we are going as a group this time so I asked if the rest of my group would be getting them. The CM told me by January everyone should be getting them (as in everyone staying on Disney property.) He also said I can use my old ones, although I wouldn't mind getting new ones in different colors. When I was there in September, it was GREAT having BOTH FP+ and FP-. I am very nervous about not having FP- though because 3 fastpasses feels very limiting. And it wasn't always easy to plan months in advance what ride you would go on at what hour of the day. A few times we missed our window and tried to reschedule to find none of the "good" rides available.

I should add, My family consists of 2 small kids (ages 1 1/2 and 3) so sometimes it's hard to plan with them as they both still nap, sometimes at different times. So sometimes the FP- worked out better than FP+.

We're staying at All Star Music. They JUST appeared on the 8th, prior to that it just had our KTTW cards from this past January. Now we have three magic bands, I had to confirm my shipping address and it says I have until December 27th to customize them. I can change our names on them, but I cannot select different colors.

We're staying at All Star Music. They JUST appeared on the 8th, prior to that it just had our KTTW cards from this past January. Now we have three magic bands, I had to confirm my shipping address and it says I have until December 27th to customize them. I can change our names on them, but I cannot select different colors.

Have you already paid your total balance for your trip?

hi everybody! I think you all are already talking about this, but i'm going to ask anyway, for my own peace of mind :) .....we are leaving Jan 5 and staying at POR until the 11. we have not gotten any notice about our magic bands. when I click on the manage magic bands link on my dis exp it says our tickets aren't linked but I don't have any tickets to link because I just made our reservations over the phone and won't get any (last time, we just got our KTTW card at our resort and everything was on there). I guess I figured they would just show up (?) on MDX (is that a thing? it's my abbreviation for my Disney experience) when they are available to personalize and also make FP selections. does anybody know anything different about how this is working? these magic bands are givin me an ulcer! :rolleyes: thanks for any info!

hi everybody! I think you all are already talking about this, but i'm going to ask anyway, for my own peace of mind :) .....we are leaving Jan 5 and staying at POR until the 11. we have not gotten any notice about our magic bands. when I click on the manage magic bands link on my dis exp it says our tickets aren't linked but I don't have any tickets to link because I just made our reservations over the phone and won't get any (last time, we just got our KTTW card at our resort and everything was on there). I guess I figured they would just show up (?) on MDX (is that a thing? it's my abbreviation for my Disney experience) when they are available to personalize and also make FP selections. does anybody know anything different about how this is working? these magic bands are givin me an ulcer! :rolleyes: thanks for any info!

When I went in September, one day it just gave me the option to customize my magic bands and they just appeared. I don't remember how far in advance but it wasn't much. Maybe 3 weeks? But that was in the testing phase so it seems that everything has changed now. I don't think you have to link tickets either. I never did since I booked a Disney vacation package through Disney. About a week after I received my magic bands, I got the letter in the mail inviting me to participate in the test. Lol. My advice would be just keep checking for them and one day they should appear! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter