~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

The January Promo's will most likely be blacked out around MLK weekend. It should start back up on Saturday Jan 25th.

Historically has this been the case? Last years RO discount was this:
1/2/13-3/7/13 15%-35% off general public room-only rates (also bookable as package)

And in 11 and 12 there was "free dining," also not "blacked out" for MLK.

Was S/P/D not offered last January, as everyone is boasting about their PIN for this year?

Historically has this been the case? Last years RO discount was this:
1/2/13-3/7/13 15%-35% off general public room-only rates (also bookable as package)

And in 11 and 12 there was "free dining," also not "blacked out" for MLK.

Was S/P/D not offered last January, as everyone is boasting about their PIN for this year?

S/P/D was offered this year! Then we got a free dining pin that had no blackout dates and ended up applying that.

And in 11 and 12 there was "free dining," also not "blacked out" for MLK

Not correct!!Free dining was blacked out for the General public in 2011 & 2012 .

January 2012
Free dining was unavailable during that time.
It became bookable again for Check-in day Saturday January 21st 2012.
Which is the Saturday AFTER MLK Weekend.
The Black out period was Jan 14-20th, 2012[/COLOR]

In 2011
Free Dining was also blacked out over MLK Weekend. Last day for Free Dining was Jan 13th then it opened back up again on Saturday January 22nd 2011.

To those of you who are regulars in January - do you find that there are many ride refurbs going on? I read in another thread that Splash usually closes in Jan and that its a popular time for refurbs? Also when are they likely to announce any 'theme' for 2014 (like limited time magic this year?) Thanks x

If you google "Disney ride refurbs 2014" a link to allears comes up with a list. No rides as of now for January. Last January splash was under refurb so not sure if it is usually closed. But I sure hope not as it is my son's favorite ride and he was bummed this past year!!

If you google "Disney ride refurbs 2014" a link to allears comes up with a list. No rides as of now for January. Last January splash was under refurb so not sure if it is usually closed. But I sure hope not as it is my son's favorite ride and he was bummed this past year!!

I'm pretty sure that Splash is closed every January for at least part of the month.

Not correct!!Free dining was blacked out for the General public in 2011 & 2012 .

January 2012
Free dining was unavailable during that time.
It became bookable again for Check-in day Saturday January 21st 2012.
Which is the Saturday AFTER MLK Weekend.
The Black out period was Jan 14-20th, 2012[/COLOR]

In 2011
Free Dining was also blacked out over MLK Weekend. Last day for Free Dining was Jan 13th then it opened back up again on Saturday January 22nd 2011.
bummer, I stand corrected!

Hi Heather! We haven't been since October and it seems sooo long ago. DD is applying for the DCP and depending on whether she is accepted or not, we will be there in January. 5th through 12th, give or take a day, depending on her check in date. We will know for sure in October. I've been thinking about going anyway if she doesn't get accepted, because her classes won't start back up until January 18. We usually stay at French Quarter, so hopefully there is availability with such "late" notice. I haven't read the entire thread yet... so how long do the Christmas decorations stay up?

Looks like crowds will be high on Sun and Mon but drop off the rest of the week. I bet it will be super low the next week, but we are off on MLK day and then Tue is teacher workday so only have to take DD out of school for 3 days.

Looks like crowds will be high on Sun and Mon but drop off the rest of the week. I bet it will be super low the next week, but we are off on MLK day and then Tue is teacher workday so only have to take DD out of school for 3 days.

That is our predicament also. I would love to change to the next week for crowd levels, but that's not a possibility for our family right now.

Can you please add me to the calendar, we will be going 20-25th BCV/BWV (depending on which waitlist comes through.....need 23&24th BCV 2bdrm 2Q or 21&23 BWV 2brdm boardwalk view.....fingers crossed for either one

Can you add me to the list on the first page as well? Jan 2-9 Port Orleans Riverside. I also sent a request for the Facebook group.

I've been replying and realized I never posted when we'll be in town.... Jan 22-29... 1BR at Board Walk Villas.

Hi all, add me to the list!

I was originally going in February, but then change dates to 27 Feb - 6 Jan 2014. Staying at Pop Century, with my BFF. Eggzited! This will be my 2nd trip, and my friend's very first ever. It's also her 2nd visit to USA since... 1996? :yay:

I'm going to Jan.18-26 booked at POFQ for now!!! Would love to be a part of this group!

Hello :goodvibes My son and I will be there from January 24 to February 22...month long trip :woohoo: 3 weeks at AoA and AKL, then to the Bahamas on the Dream, followed by a few days at Universal :yay: Can't wait!! Now I need to update my ticker as I keep adding more time to our trip...Finalized now with plane tickets though :laughing:

Added! :banana:

Hi Heather! We haven't been since October and it seems sooo long ago. DD is applying for the DCP and depending on whether she is accepted or not, we will be there in January. 5th through 12th, give or take a day, depending on her check in date. We will know for sure in October. I've been thinking about going anyway if she doesn't get accepted, because her classes won't start back up until January 18. We usually stay at French Quarter, so hopefully there is availability with such "late" notice. I haven't read the entire thread yet... so how long do the Christmas decorations stay up?

Hi and welcome :) Looks like we'll be there at the same time and in neighbouring resorts! :goodvibes

Hey everyone! We have just planned our Disney trip for January 3-10! I am so excited! We are staying at art of animation. It will be me, my mom, and my boyfriend (who has never been). I have a few questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer! Does anyone know when all of the Christmas decorations come down? And what are the best days to go to the parks? We will have 5 day park hoppers! I am so excited to share my love with my boyfriend, especially since we will be celebrating our one year anniversary!

Hey everyone! We have just planned our Disney trip for January 3-10! I am so excited! We are staying at art of animation. It will be me, my mom, and my boyfriend (who has never been). I have a few questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer! Does anyone know when all of the Christmas decorations come down? And what are the best days to go to the parks? We will have 5 day park hoppers! I am so excited to share my love with my boyfriend, especially since we will be celebrating our one year anniversary!

Read this page :)

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/01-january-2014-crowd-calendar/

:thumbsup2

I am going to disney January 5-11 staying in Caribbean beach resort and have never been to disney. I'm learning things as I go but what is MLK lol !!

I am going to disney January 5-11 staying in Caribbean beach resort and have never been to disney. I'm learning things as I go but what is MLK lol !!

Martin Luther king. It is just for the holiday (time off)

I just wanted to mention I switched resorts to Coronado Springs. Can't wait to try it out! Is it January yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter