~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

Friends of ours did not have a pin and got free dining and a room upgrade for their January 2013 trip. They went towards the end of January.

What is the stay/plan/dine discount? I will look at the mousesavers link to see if it explains more. My sister was planning on free dining for January 2014.

Friends of ours did not have a pin and got free dining and a room upgrade for their January 2013 trip. They went towards the end of January.

What is the stay/plan/dine discount? I will look at the mousesavers link to see if it explains more. My sister was planning on free dining for January 2014.

Unless they were from the UK or had some sort of selective pin there was absolutely no way they possibly had Free Dining in January 2013.

I am totally 110% confident in that answer. I have my TICO certification here in Canada (Certified Travel Agent- I don't sell travel to the General public.. I just use it to book friends & families vacations & cheaper vacations for us. Its just a hobby ;)). I have access to every possible rate thats offered. We travel to Disney at the end of January every year so I am very familiar of the rates offered at that time.

The only General Public Promo's (US & Canada) for that time frame was the following..

t6bhv5.png

This will be the repeat offer for January 2014.

With Play / Stay/ Dine you pay Rack room prices.

But the Adults in your party pay Children prices for their park tickets and Childrens prices for the Dining plan.

If you stay at a Value resort you can purchase the QS plan for Childrens prices. Should you wish to purchase the DDP you must pay to upgrade. The Upgrade price is the difference in the Adult Plan prices not the kids prices.

If you stay at a Moderate Resort you can purchase the DDP at the Childrens rate.

Is that just a guess or is that for sure?

That is what it will be ;)

The promo will go to the week before March break (I'm sorry I typed April, my bad ;)) I was advised it may be extended after..not confirmed yet.

The Pins have already gone out for the P/S/D & RO promo's.

The book by date for the Pins is mid September.

That will turn into a Disney Visa offer at the end of September.

Then once the Disney Visa offer is over then it will turn into a general public offer about a week later.

Bringing us into the first week of October!

Then the General Public booking madness can begin :banana:

That is what it will be ;)

The promo will go to the week before March break (I'm sorry I typed April, my bad ;)) I was advised it may be extended after..not confirmed yet.

The Pins have already gone out for the P/S/D & RO promo's.

The book by date for the Pins is mid September.

That will turn into a Disney Visa offer at the end of September.

Then once the Disney Visa offer is over then it will turn into a general public offer about a week later.

Bringing us into the first week of October!

Then the General Public booking madness can begin :banana:

Thanks vacation junkie! We are planning a trip late January with our daughter, her husband and our two little granddaughters and the cost is a struggle - we hope to help with our daughter's expenses so this would be wonderful if we are lucky enough to be able to take advantage! Thanks again for the info :goodvibes

We were sent a pin code July 15th for an adults play stay and dine. We booked it 7/18/2013. We are traveling end of January 2014!! We are really looking forward to this getaway!!

Vacation Junkie - Any word on the dates for the promo? I know the Pin code was for stays starting Jan 5. We are arriving Jan 2...any chance they might push the date back to then like it was the past two years?

Can anyone tell me if I am staying at Pop Century(value resort) and wanted to upgrade the stay/ play / dine as a kid promo to the DDP how the upgrade works- I know I have to pay the difference in the plans but would it still be at ' kids' prices? I.E? Jumping from $15 to $30 or would it go back to the adult price difference up to $108?

checking in here. DB and I have our surprise trip booked for the kids 1/16-1/22. This is be DB's son's first time. DD and I went in September last year and she asks me every day when we can go back. We are telling them on Christmas!

We are staying at the ASMu (as of now, possibly changing to a AoA suite) and we did the 5day PH and the dining plan. I have all of my ADR's made...yay for CRT AND BOG. We are also doing BBB for DD and DS (as a knight). It's so hard not to tell them!

Can anyone tell me if I am staying at Pop Century(value resort) and wanted to upgrade the stay/ play / dine as a kid promo to the DDP how the upgrade works- I know I have to pay the difference in the plans but would it still be at ' kids' prices? I.E? Jumping from $15 to $30 or would it go back to the adult price difference up to $108?

You would get the Dining Plan and tickets at children's prices, but the upgrade cost is from adult to adult prices.

So - you would add the "upgrade" charge from regular adult QS prices to regular adult DP prices. So if the regular Quick Service plan costs $30 and the Regular Dining Plan costs $50 both for adults (those numbers are wrong, but just for example), then you would pay that $20 to upgrade for each adult, added on to the child's price that you get with the promotion.

This discount has not been released and we don't know for sure until they are released what will be available, so I would also price out regular free dining and a RO discount to see what works best for your family, in case something else is released instead.

Also consider upgrading to a Moderate - you would then get the regular dining plan at child's prices; you would still be paying more money to upgrade the room, but if that's appealing you to, it might be good to know what those numbers are now.

allears.net has pricing information that may help
also check the dining plan sticky over at the Dining forum.

:cool1: booked POFQ for jan 15-21. Hoping for some great discounts on dining!

Thanks for the help!

No problem - I'm doing the same thing right now. :) free dining would be the best deal for us on this trip, normally we try to eat less expensively but we are going w others and planning several table service meals, so the dining plan for free would save us some cash!

Lets he honest though, I just want the mug. I won't spend 18 bucks on it. :)

No problem - I'm doing the same thing right now. :) free dining would be the best deal for us on this trip, normally we try to eat less expensively but we are going w others and planning several table service meals, so the dining plan for free would save us some cash!

Lets he honest though, I just want the mug. I won't spend 18 bucks on it. :)

If I somehow scored free dining, it would save me about $500. I would definitely be on :cloud9:! Even the SPD promo would save me quite a bit.

Im hoping for either free dine or S/P/D. We have 4 "adults" (two teens) going, so that would help quite a bit with the dining part of it. They ran the free dine in previous years (not 2013), I assume because of the Fantasyland expansion. Hoping that they bring it back this year, but I'm not counting on it. I think that it figures out to about $100 more a person to add on dining if it is S/P/D for us, and that is a tremendous savings that makes it possible for me not to have to manage money when I get there. Nice perk for me. Where as (I think, and I'm no mathematician) with free dine it would save me about $50 more dollars a person.

Waiting patiently for the promo to be released. I've already booked POFQ, so also hoping that the rooms will be available in that resort that are attached to the promo. :surfweb:

What was the discount with the pin, if you don't mind me asking?

Adults play, stay and dine at kids' prices with the purchase of a select vacation package!
When you visit Walt Disney World Resort for stays most nights 1/5-3/2/14 and 3/16-4/12/14, you have the chance to enjoy some great offers to help you experience all that's new to see and do.

I hope everyone gets what they want!!

Adults play, stay and dine at kids' prices with the purchase of a select vacation package!
When you visit Walt Disney World Resort for stays most nights 1/5-3/2/14 and 3/16-4/12/14, you have the chance to enjoy some great offers to help you experience all that's new to see and do.

I hope everyone gets what they want!!

We didn't not receive what this offer claims but rather 20% off our entire package .

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We didn't not receive what this offer claims but rather 20% off our entire package .

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There's no such pin as 20% off your entire package.. your promo could have read it can save you UP TO 20%.
For January-March its either a Room Only pin or a S/P/D Pin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter