• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

Just booked an Illuminations cruise for January 31 2014 leaving out of the Yacht Club; room for 6 more! Anyone interested in sharing the experience and cost? If we get 10 people the cost would be $40/person including a tip for the captain.pixiedust:

I had been calling for days starting at 180 for my cruise. It had not been put into the system. I called yesterday and the answer was the same. Guess who didn't call this morning??? I am now on hold and was told that the wait is over 30 minutes. Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed!!

I had been calling for days starting at 180 for my cruise. It had not been put into the system. I called yesterday and the answer was the same. Guess who didn't call this morning??? I am now on hold and was told that the wait is over 30 minutes. Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed!!

I held for 30 minutes this morning too. Did you get the reservation you were hoping for?:thumbsup2

Thanks to you, yes I did. Booked for 1/12. :woohoo:
Held for 37 minutes, it was worth the wait.

Woohoo indeed! I am so glad it worked out. I am pretty stoked,we have never done this before. Kids loved the pirates and pals fireworks cruise when they were younger. :cloud9:

January 6, 2013 was the last date for the Osborne lights and we made sure to see them during our trip January 2013. They are a must see. Everything was still decorated during on January 5-12, 2013 trip except the Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian but you will start to see decoartions coming down at the resorts during this week.

Glad to hear decorations may still be up!! Sounding like Osborne lights may be over before we get there, but still would be excited to see some decorations!!
:yay:

Just made reservations for Jan 4-9 at BC for my sister and me! I'm pretty excited. It's been about six years since we went to Disney last!

Too bad my sister isn't the type to make dinner reservations or go by a schedule. I want to start planning!

Just made reservations for Jan 4-9 at BC for my sister and me! I'm pretty excited. It's been about six years since we went to Disney last!

Too bad my sister isn't the type to make dinner reservations or go by a schedule. I want to start planning!

Never hurts to have a few ADRs, I say to start planning;)

I have not read through this thread in about 2 months, so this may have already been addressed, but I'd appreciate a current response if you don't mind. When are early January discounts typically announced and what are they usually for? Free dining, discounted room rate, etc. I know that military has already been offered and announced, which we have taken advantage of. However, I think that free dining for the course of a 9-night stay would be a better discount. Thanks in advance! Also- does anyone have any details on how to order a cake for presentation at a Disney restaurant? Thank You!!

I have not read through this thread in about 2 months, so this may have already been addressed, but I'd appreciate a current response if you don't mind. When are early January discounts typically announced and what are they usually for? Free dining, discounted room rate, etc. I know that military has already been offered and announced, which we have taken advantage of. However, I think that free dining for the course of a 9-night stay would be a better discount. Thanks in advance! Also- does anyone have any details on how to order a cake for presentation at a Disney restaurant? Thank You!!

I can help with the cake. It all depends on where you want it (restaurant, hotel room) and what exactly you want. There is an awesome thread here all about cakes (I don't know how to link from my iPad, sorry). In May I ordered a cake to be delivered to one of our meals and it was exactly what I wanted. I am thinking of getting one delivered to our room this January but also debating but I am unsure if they can do it the night we arrive or not.

In the Restaurant forum there is a thread called Cake Chatter (I think?). I've been reading along there and checking out the beautiful pictures! We will be celebrating both kids birthdays (both born in Jan.) and will be there on DD's actual birthday! I've been wondering about getting a cake delivered to our room for her 7th birthday. I'm conflicted though - should it be just for her since it is her actual birth day or both kids? DS will be turning 5 about 3 weeks later and I don't know if he'll feel slighted that he didn't get a cake at Disney. He'll probably just be thrilled that he gets to eat some cake! :lmao:

I think discounts were discussed here a bit earlier in this thread. Probably going to be the same as last year as that has already been released as a pin. Either a room only or Stay, play and dine (adults get tickets and dining plans for kids prices). Free dining would be awesome and save us more than a room only but I'm not counting on that. The room only will probably save us more than SPD. If you do a search for 2013 stay, play and dine you can find out more details. :goodvibes

Free Dining will most likely NOT be offered for January. It wasn't for this year.

From what I've seen and calculated, the military discount (hotel and tickets) are the best promotion.

We're looking at smaller Room Only discount for January and Stay, Play and Dine promotion. You are only allowed to choose one.

The Stay, Play and Dine gives you the dining plan (QSDP or DDP depending on which resort you stay at) at kids' price. Still, even with that the military discount is better.

In the Restaurant forum there is a thread called Cake Chatter (I think?). I've been reading along there and checking out the beautiful pictures! We will be celebrating both kids birthdays (both born in Jan.) and will be there on DD's actual birthday! I've been wondering about getting a cake delivered to our room for her 7th birthday. I'm conflicted though - should it be just for her since it is her actual birth day or both kids? DS will be turning 5 about 3 weeks later and I don't know if he'll feel slighted that he didn't get a cake at Disney. He'll probably just be thrilled that he gets to eat some cake! :lmao:

I'm going for my birthday :cool1: with a friend and I am really tempted to send her a link to that thread with the message "hint hint..." :thumbsup2

Free Dining will most likely NOT be offered for January. It wasn't for this year.

From what I've seen and calculated, the military discount (hotel and tickets) are the best promotion.

We're looking at smaller Room Only discount for January and Stay, Play and Dine promotion. You are only allowed to choose one.

The Stay, Play and Dine gives you the dining plan (QSDP or DDP depending on which resort you stay at) at kids' price. Still, even with that the military discount is better.

FREE dining was offered last year 2013.

We are all so excited for this January trip!! So many changes to the world!! We are staying 1/25 - 2/1 OKW with free dining! Trying to reserve some of the TS credits now.
Is Tutta 2 TS's?
Thanks!:love::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter