~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

As of last night, we are officially booked!! jan 22-29th at Pop. My mom and I.

We're going to spend one day at Universal (shh!) as we haven't been since 2010.

Looking forward to doing my ADRs on the 26th!

:cool1:

Tried to get BOG and Wishes Desserts party and no luck with either! :(

We leave for Adventures by Disney Germany this evening and won't be able to make reservations until we return. Hopefully something will be left by then!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Tried to get BOG and Wishes Desserts party and no luck with either! :(

We leave for Adventures by Disney Germany this evening and won't be able to make reservations until we return. Hopefully something will be left by then!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I was able to get BOG this morning promptly at 6am. My choices were 6:40 or 4:45.

The Wishes Dessert Party ADR's don't open 180 days ahead like the rest. They only open a few months before..

I think for BOG, you have to do it right at 6am. By the time I got to work and checked again, there wasn't anything left.
I was only able to get a 4 top, not a 5 or 6 top. My mother is going with my wife and I and our 2 girls, but she doesn't care about the food and won't join us for most restaurants. But I still try to get a reservation for 5 each time just in case.

Anyone think Disney will eventually change the closing hours for MK from 8pm to 9pm by the time Jan gets here?

Question for those who have traveled in January before...

How's the weather normally? I understand it's low 70's...ish.
Also, are the waterparks still open during January?

ALSO, is anyone planning on driving to Disney during the winter months? Through states that get snow?

ALSO, is anyone planning on driving to Disney during the winter months? Through states that get snow?

I was in Disney January 2013 and it was 80-85 every day. Warm enough for the kids to enjoy the resort pool. One water park was open and I think the other was closed for refurbishment.

No January driving experience for me but I know people who make the 20 hour drive south every year through the Alleghenies without to many troubles.

Trying to catch up on lots of pages here...nice thread! One really nice January thing compared to our annual late Nov/early Dec trip time is when I looked at the park hours...WOW...Wishes is every night! I am so used to having to plan around which nights, due to MVMCP, we can't see my favorite fireworks show. (Such little things make a Disney addict happy.)

I was in Disney January 2013 and it was 80-85 every day. Warm enough for the kids to enjoy the resort pool. One water park was open and I think the other was closed for refurbishment.

No January driving experience for me but I know people who make the 20 hour drive south every year through the Alleghenies without to many troubles.

Woohooo! Sounds lovely :) lol.

We are driving to Disney in January..leaving the 24th. We are driving from Wisconsin so snow is a definite possibility!

This January will be my first, but I have done February twice before. One trip was in the 90's, the other trip was in the 50's. I actually have a picture of us on splash mountain where everyone is bundled up in winter coats and hats. LOL.

Definitely pack for every kind of weather, you seriously won't know what you will get. Florida winters are very funny.

I drive from Pennsylvania and both times that I have done winter trips I always seem to miss the snow. It either snows a few days before so its fine by the time we make the drive or it snows while we are already in Florida. Our winters up here can range between freezing cold and bitter days with not a snowflake in sight, and other years we will have back to back blizzards and snow storms. Last year we didn't have any snow and the year before only a little bit, so I am highly expecting it be a bad one this year.

I'm not really worried about weather. We always leave 2 solid days before we check in to give ourselves plenty of time to get down there in the event weather is bad or traffic gets backed up or just sheer exhaustion so we have to stop at a hotel for the night...

5:45 wake up to make Disney Dining reservations at our 180+10 window and got everything we want. Hoop De Do, Via Napoli, Ohana, Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest and Tusker House.

Now back to bed; have a Magical Day.

5:45 wake up to make Disney Dining reservations at our 180+10 window and got everything we want. Hoop De Do, Via Napoli, Ohana, Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest and Tusker House.

Now back to bed; have a Magical Day.

Awesome, congrats! I am just hoping for the one and only BOG!

Now, we just have to wait on California Grill reservations, make a tee time in 3 months and see what the weather dictates for our trip.

8zle.jpg

Now, we just have to wait on California Grill reservations, make a tee time in 3 months and see what the weather dictates for our trip.

Are you subscribed to the Cali Grill ADR update thread? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089465

Once ADRs open, it will be quickly posted to that thread.

(I was planning on waiting for a CG ADR for my January trip, but I think we'll just stick with Top of the World lounge, for food that's cheaper and a view that's just as good.)

Fiancee (wife in January) and I will be going for the 3rd January in a row for marathon weekend. We are running Dopey and cant wait for the 4 days of running to be over so we can enjoy our last 3 days there. We are doing a split stay between AKV and BWV from 1/8-1/15.

I am already excited for my January trip. Bring it on! I get to book my dining tomorrow. This is my plan for the trip thus far:

Sunday – Arrival/Downtown Disney
Monday – Magic Kingdom
Tuesday - DHS
Wednesday - EPCOT
Thursday - Universal
Friday – Free Day
Saturday – Animal Kingdom
Sunday – Breakfast then departure

My boyfriend wants at least 4 hours out of the whole trip to do whatever he decides we should do. So, I gave him a whole day. I cannot wait!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter