~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

Need some guidance/planning.
We are arriving on January 1 about 800pm and departing January 11 about 540pm.
I know that from January 2-6 it will be hectic at the parks. We also assume that from January 6 onward it should be quieter.
What advice would you give to a family that is looking for a bit quieter pace? For example, would Epcot be quieter than Animal Kingdom? Or would Hollywood Studios be more hectic than Magic Kingdom? We have 10 days to explore the park for our second trip so we don't need to jam everything together.

I know that from January 2-6 it will be hectic at the parks. We also assume that from January 6 onward it should be quieter.
What advice would you give to a family that is looking for a bit quieter pace? For example, would Epcot be quieter than Animal Kingdom? Or would Hollywood Studios be more hectic than Magic Kingdom? We have 10 days to explore the park for our second trip so we don't need to jam everything together.

My advice would be to make sure you have park hopper tickets to begin with. Expect things to be busy wherever you go, although that time of year its not as crazy as summer. MK tends to be the busiest of all the parks followed by Epcot, HS and then Animal Kingdom. Epcot has more of an open layout so its easy to find quiet little corners if you want to chillout for a bit. While Animal Kingdom is less busy, you wouldnt know it because its layout is more confined to narrower paths. HS is a smaller park so its best to get there early before everyone else. Magic Kingdom is the place EVERYONE goes to. It's the original park and all the magic is nested there so whether you get there early or late, it will always be crowded unless the weather is cold and gross.

If you get the park hopper you're not limited to a single park and if things get a little too busy you can just leave and try a different park! As much as Disney is about joy and fun its also about waiting in lines and navigating crowds. If you're open to be within all of that you're less likely to become annoyed with people. We're all there to have fun and patience and kind consideration of others goes a long way to making sure YOUR trip is amazing. have fun!

Great advise you were just given above! I would also check out www.touringplans.com Touring Plans . com and try to follow their 'recommended days". Go to the park that they say is best each day and you should end up pretty happy. Grab fast passes if you don't want to stand in long lines, go have a drink or a snack while you wait! :)

Booked our resort this week. AoA 1/5-1/12. Celebrating my DSIL 40th birthday by running the 1/2 marathon!!! SUPER excited!

We hope for Jan 22-29 at BWV, but need to wait until the 7 mo. We need a 2-bedroom and SIL needs a 2-bedroom and other SIL needs a studio. Just trying to patiently wait until we can book. :upsidedow

It's official, I called this morning... our first trip to Disney is January 4-11!!!! So excited!! My son is only 2 so too young to be surprised, but my husband doesn't know yet :D

It's official, I called this morning... our first trip to Disney is January 4-11!!!! So excited!! My son is only 2 so too young to be surprised, but my husband doesn't know yet :D

So excited for your family. 2 is a great age. Took my oldest DS at 3 for the first time, he only remembers from the pictures but I have memories that will last a lifetime. My DH wanted to wait until he was older but he was a quick convert once he saw the magic through DS's eyes. We are now going to take our youngest who will be 18 months for the first time in January without any hesitation from DH.

Please add me to your list. Traveling with another family for the marathon and staying at BLT 1/8/14- 1/13-14. Ready to go now!!

Subing -- Going for DH Annual Meeting at the Swan & Dolphin - not sure of exact dates yet but usually stay at the swan & dolphin :)

Ok so glad I found this group! Going January 2014!!! Second trip for all of us (went in May and our DD loved it and DH fell in love with the Polynesian [just visiting for dinner]. So I convinced my parents to come with us :). So in total it will be me, DH, DD3, DS 1.9 and my mom and dad :). Staying Jan 23-30 at the POLY!! We are super excited as it will be a late anniversary celebration for DH and I (5 years on 12/22/13).

I can't wait to hear about everyone's plans as I am already obsessing over ADRs :)

Hi all!:wave2: Count me in! We are going Jan 10-19 and are staying at AoA in LM rooms. We usually do not stay at Values, but I really wanted to check out the new resort and for as long as we are staying I wanted to save some money.

Dh and I are both running the full marathon! It will be my first marathon and Dh's 3rd!

It will also be our first trip without our oldest dd as she starts class on the 13th and can't miss her first week of classes.

Exact same dates as us, and while we have been many times, it will be the first visit for our 2 year old granddaughter. You are going to have an AMAZING time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter