*The OFFICIAL February 2012 Thread!*

We are planning our first Disney vacation the week of Feb. 26-March 3. My DS's BDay is Leap Day. We have ADR for that day at Chef Mickey's. This is the only ADR we have.

I have a few questions. Do you recommend having a stroller for a 4 and 5 year old. My 5 year old is very tall and doesn't fit comfortably in a stroller. Neither have ridden in a stroller for almost 2 years. We have a 5 month old that prefers to be worn, but we will probably have a stroller for him just in case.

The bigger boys are wanting to do the Pirates League? thing. Where they can get a pirate makeover. Do you think it is worth it for a 4 and 5 year old? Also do I need to make reservations for that before we get down there or can I do once we get to Disney?

IMO, I would bring at least one stroller. You walk a lot and at the end of the day at least one of the boys is going to crash.

We went when DD was 2.5 and DS was 2 months old. We brought one stroller and a sling. When DD was tired, we would let her ride in the stroller and put DS in the sling. It worked out great. DD walked most of the morning and crashed later in the afternoon.

I think that is the perfect age for the Pirate League. I'm not sure on the reservation though.

We are planning our first Disney vacation the week of Feb. 26-March 3. My DS's BDay is Leap Day. We have ADR for that day at Chef Mickey's. This is the only ADR we have.

I have a few questions. Do you recommend having a stroller for a 4 and 5 year old. My 5 year old is very tall and doesn't fit comfortably in a stroller. Neither have ridden in a stroller for almost 2 years. We have a 5 month old that prefers to be worn, but we will probably have a stroller for him just in case.

The bigger boys are wanting to do the Pirates League? thing. Where they can get a pirate makeover. Do you think it is worth it for a 4 and 5 year old? Also do I need to make reservations for that before we get down there or can I do once we get to Disney?

We'll be there those same dates for our 1st trip as well! Where are you staying? We'll be at French Quarter.

I booked Pirates League for my son who turns 5 next week. I showed him the video and he's so excited for it! pirate: From what I've read, it has grown in popularity and a ressie is recommended. Especially if you'd like to get both your boys in at the same time, I think I'd book to be safe.

Also, I'm taking a stroller as well. My son hasn't used one for a long time, but at the end of the day, I know he'll be tired and there's no way I can carry for a long trek to the front of park/bus stop.

Took a stroller for my big 5 year old (almost 6) last year and his 7 yr old sister was fighting him for it... It's a LOT of walking. This trip just bringing the one for the baby... hoping for the best.

If your looking at purchasing an inexpensive stroller big enough for a 5 yr old I recommend the The First Years Jet.

We'll be there those same dates for our 1st trip as well! Where are you staying? We'll be at French Quarter.

I booked Pirates League for my son who turns 5 next week. I showed him the video and he's so excited for it! pirate: From what I've read, it has grown in popularity and a ressie is recommended. Especially if you'd like to get both your boys in at the same time, I think I'd book to be safe.

Also, I'm taking a stroller as well. My son hasn't used one for a long time, but at the end of the day, I know he'll be tired and there's no way I can carry for a long trek to the front of park/bus stop.

We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. My boys watched the pirates video today. They can't stop talking about it. I'm going to call and make reservations.

There's only 27 more days until our trip now. :banana: When should I start receiving stuff in the mail, like our Magical Express tags, etc.?

we arrive on Feb 11th and i received my envelope with my reservation info and luggage tags the middle of last week:woohoo:

I knew Presidents week would be more crowded then ours Fall trips, bit all but one day are 10's:scared1:

Is it a good chance of closing due to capacity like Christmas week?

Can someone give me actual stories or even a pic or two?

I knew Presidents week would be more crowded then ours Fall trips, bit all but one day are 10's:scared1:

Easy wdw did a small post about it:
http://www.easywdw.com/ scroll down to Jan 16th's 1st post. (there were 3 that day)

We're going to WDW also- I know the best thing to do is AVOID MK on Sat/Sun/Mon due to the long weekend, so we're headed to AK,HS,EP those days... WE CAN DO THIS!! WE can!! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the new hours!

Hmmm, there isn't the electrical parade on the 11th now. I was debating on going to MK later that night since it's our arrival day and just going there to go there, not expecting to do much rides or anything. But the parade was holding me back since I knew there would be a lot more people for that since it has been shut down for a while. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad?

And I see that HS is now open until 8 pm instead of 7pm on the 11th as well. That was another option I was thinking about. Same with AK being open until 8 pm. But we'd like to do the safari and that will be closed due to darkness. And for HS we'd like to do Toy Story Mania since we never have and I know that will be impossible arriving that late at night (especially since there is EMH at HS that morning).

Thoughts?

We're going to WDW also- I know the best thing to do is AVOID MK on Sat/Sun/Mon due to the long weekend, so we're headed to AK,HS,EP those days... WE CAN DO THIS!! WE can!! :rotfl2:

Those are our same planned days. LOL

I will also be at MK on Friday the 17th, but that will be my last park day so no need to fight the crowds over the weekend. :goodvibes

My plan was MK on the 17th, had ADRs for early breakfast at Crystal Palace, but had to switch due to crowd levels. Now going to MK on the 16th and HS on the 17th.

Staieki and Julieanddanny- you you both at MK on the 17th!! Any ADRS?

We arrive on the 17th and have 5:15 ressies at chef mickeys. I have my daughters first hair cut at MK at 3:30. I'm a bit worried about crowds but even if I just get that done I will be happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter