*The OFFICIAL February 2012 Thread!*

FYI: Disney just changed their website. Dumbo now won't re-open until March 12th. No word on The Great Goofini and Fantasyland Train Station. So, no Dumbo for February DISers. :guilty:

:sad1: The prob means none if the three... I was so excited researching the other night thinking it was gonna be Feb 17 when we are there....

I'm so bummed about this right now. :sad1:

My son was in tears last night when I told him but I sure didn't want to wait to tell him. Partly my fault for not prepping him better I guess, there was always the chance it wouldn't be ready. We'll still have a great time at Disney but it does lose a little of the magic for me. :sad1: That's one of the 3 rides I remember from my childhood visit.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

We arrive on Saturday, February 11 around 2:45pm (that's what time our plane arrives, assuming it's on time).

What would you suggest we do that evening? We have a 4 year old girl. I'm guessing we won't be to the hotel and checked in until 4:30, 5. Does that sound about right? We'd like to put our carry-ons in our room and then grab dinner (either at the hotel or a park is fine). We're staying at Pop.

I was thinking MK but we'll be there bright and early Sunday. Plus with the electric parade Saturday night, we'll be getting there right as people are gathering for the parade. Plus we don't want to be out too late since it will be a long travel day and would be leaving when a mass amount of people probably are.

Would HS be a bad pick? What about AK? I just don't know what we should do now!

We arrive on Saturday, February 11 around 2:45pm (that's what time our plane arrives, assuming it's on time).

What would you suggest we do that evening? We have a 4 year old girl. I'm guessing we won't be to the hotel and checked in until 4:30, 5. Does that sound about right? We'd like to put our carry-ons in our room and then grab dinner (either at the hotel or a park is fine). We're staying at Pop.

AK closes at 7, but many of the animal exhibits close earlier. If you have a park ticket, though, Festival of the Lion King is playing at both 5:30 and 6:30, which I think you and your daughter will like.

Otherwise, maybe take the opportunity to explore Downtown Disney.

Is anyone planning on putting a lime green mickey head with your screen name on your bag or whatever to identify yourself as a DISer?

I'm contemplating it. DH thinks I'm insane.

AK closes at 7, but many of the animal exhibits close earlier. If you have a park ticket, though, Festival of the Lion King is playing at both 5:30 and 6:30, which I think you and your daughter will like.

Otherwise, maybe take the opportunity to explore Downtown Disney.

I second going to DTD, we always plan one night for it- factor in the cost of your tickets to the parks for the time it is open and you might have a small heart attack! You could have dinner there, desserts at Gherideli's and shop for small souvenirs and get your pin lanyard and autograph book... it'll be like going 0-35 instead of 0-80 mph, Disney style... Are you excited!! :yay:

OK, just updated the list!

If you are not on there, or have any changes to your reservations, let me know! :)

We are headed down to the Poly 2/17 thru 2/24- any other Polyiespopcorn:: out there for this time?? Who's headed to the Poly!?!? Whoot! Whoot! :lmao:

Thanks for the input so far.

I thought about DD but will a Saturday evening there be insane?!? Or not really? That was originally what I thought of doing but then I'm like, oh wait, it's Saturday... It's crazy around here in my small little town Saturday nights so I can only imagine there...

I know HS is only open until 7pm also. But I thought maybe we could get to the last Beauty and the Beast show there.. But then that would be the only thing we would do so is it worth it? Ugh. Why is this so hard?!?

Maybe I should totally just wing it and see what we feel like when we get there. Could I do that with no plan though? That gives me a mini heart attack. LOL.

I'm very excited though!!!!! 27 days! whoot whoot.

I was thinking MK but we'll be there bright and early Sunday. Plus with the electric parade Saturday night, we'll be getting there right as people are gathering for the parade. Plus we don't want to be out too late since it will be a long travel day and would be leaving when a mass amount of people probably are.

Add me to those saying go to DTD. That is where I usually go on my first afternoon, and it helps get you in the Disney mood, and it is free to go there. You can get souvenirs, eat, enjoy the atmosphere, ride Characters In Flight (I've only done during the day, but I've heard it's amazing at night too!).

Are you taking ME? If so, we will probably be on the same coach! I my flight arrives at 2:55pm on the 11th, and I'm also staying at POP :goodvibes

Thanks for the input so far.

I thought about DD but will a Saturday evening there be insane?!? Or not really? That was originally what I thought of doing but then I'm like, oh wait, it's Saturday... It's crazy around here in my small little town Saturday nights so I can only imagine there...

I know HS is only open until 7pm also. But I thought maybe we could get to the last Beauty and the Beast show there.. But then that would be the only thing we would do so is it worth it? Ugh. Why is this so hard?!?

Maybe I should totally just wing it and see what we feel like when we get there. Could I do that with no plan though? That gives me a mini heart attack. LOL.

I'm very excited though!!!!! 27 days! whoot whoot.

My two cents; avoid DTD on a Saturday night, especially with a tired 4 year old. I would make a nice ADR, maybe in Epcot, or at a Hotel, Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun, and great food! (I'll be there) Then head back to the hotel and rest up for rope drop at MK the next day.

So, is it bad that we're thinking of changing our trip from 4 nights to 7 with only a few weeks to go? We already have our ME paperwork? We'd be adding days to the end of our trip, but still heading to WDW on the same flight. Is it crazy to change it up at the last minute??

Not crazy at all. When you get there, just tell the front desk about your flight changes and they will handle it!

Thanks!! I forgot to mention my ADRs, not many though

2/5 Sci Fi 1:30PM
2/6 CRT 1:20PM
2/6 Wishes Dessert Party 7:00PM

I think we're just planning on winging it with dining if we stay longer.

just booked a trip thursday for my birthday! im so excited to spend my birthday down there!

anyone have any input on the weather the last week?

February 26-March 2
Caribbean Beach Resort

Adrs:
Mon-
12pm Chefs De France
615pm Coral Reef

Tues-
1130am 50's prime time cafe
5pm Hollywood and Vine (F! package)

Wed-
1205pm Plaza Restuarant
705pm Tony's Town Sqaure

Thurs-
750pm Captain Jacks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter