• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *Official* February 2011 Thread - Happy Dance Time...The Park Hours Are Out!

do you have to book the BB trip before you leave there? and what if you have no idea what dates you can go -- can you book something and then change it at a later date and still keep the discount??? and (final question) are these BB deals any better than a deal you'd get if you just waited for the Disney special offers to come out?

do you have to book the BB trip before you leave there? and what if you have no idea what dates you can go -- can you book something and then change it at a later date and still keep the discount??? and (final question) are these BB deals any better than a deal you'd get if you just waited for the Disney special offers to come out?

My understanding is, you have to book while your there and put down the $200 deposit. You can change dates and keep the discount (from what I have read)

I dont know if they are any better. I would like to go back in October for the FWF. However, I dont know if we will really have the funds for it. Plus, I love the idea of the DDP (i am sure I cant be the only one), so if for some odd reason they do a free dining plan between now and then, I would want to book that..

Hi everyone, just got back late last night and just wanted to say hi!!!

I am at work so will try and post later but the longest wait I had was Fri night for test track and soarin 20 mins. I was at Epcot last thurs and MK last Fri during the day and walked on everything....:woohoo::woohoo:

The weather was strange, during the day i wore capris and short sleeves, at night I wore capris,short sleeves & a light sweater. It was foggy & rainy in the morning, then cleared up, then on Sat. night it rained right after Wishes.

The one thing I noticed was the Photopass people, it seemed there were alot of them but when i looked at my pics 200 of them most of them were not so good (out of focus??) Just wanted to give you all a heads up to also have someone take the pic with your own camera.

If I can figure out how to post pics I will.???

I am not sure who it was on here but I think their child was marching in MK with a band from Bethlehem PA, I did get to see this & took a few pics, they were really good!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I love it when I can say im going to Disney World next week!

9 DAYS! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :love:

wow, it really is dead here.........{crickets}

Anywho, I remember reading on here people saying they couldn't figure out how to put the luggage tags on and I was thinking "What could be so hard?". Well......I got mine yesterday and yeah, I have no idea how to work them, lol. I didn't really attempt it yet so maybe I'll figure it out once I remove those tie thingys but just from looking at it -- how exactly do you attach those to the luggage handles? It doesn't look like they close or snap or anything. :confused3

Just checked the Orlando weather for next week and it looks great:cool1: will be packing shorts and short sleeves.

:rotfl:Uhoh --- now I"m worried about the luggage tags!:rotfl: I haven't gotten mine yet (which is kinda ticking me off...)...8 days ...so they better come soon.

Weather looks great for next week too!!!

Hope everyone is busy having fun & can't wait for the next bunch of us to leave!

and my daughter's school just cancelled the President's week break due to all the snow days!!! We'll we are going anyway. I purchased the plane tickets in early July. Homework will come along with us!!:)

i was surprised to get mine so early. I wasn't expecting them for at least another week

and my daughter's school just cancelled the President's week break due to all the snow days!!! We'll we are going anyway. I purchased the plane tickets in early July. Homework will come along with us!!:)

are you kidding me? How can they possibly cancel with such little notice!? How many snow days have you had? Can't be much more than us (5) and what's so hard about adding 5 days to the end of the year? I'll be PO'd if they cancel our Feb. vacation b/c in that case DS will be missing 7 days of school instead of just 5, lol. :confused3 (we leave the Thurs. of Feb. vacation and will be there the entire following week)

I keep wanting to post, but have been so stupid busy here at work!! Which I guess is good, because it's making the time fly... Which is bad, because now I've fully entered the oh-my-god-what-am-i-forgetting phase, lol. Got haircuts last night, still need to do a last load of laundry, still need to finish packing our clothes.

And now I need to go find more odd-size batteries for our Magic Moments pins. What's stupid is, I *know* I have several someplace. In fact, I distinctly remember finding some more last year and saying to myself, "Well, at least I'll have plenty for our next trip!" And now can't find any of them. At $3+ each, with each pin taking two, ask me how happy that makes me... For the life of me, I just can't think of where I last saw them. Oh well, guess I'll visit Radio Shack on the way home!

Re: the luggage tags -- Those things confounded me for a half hour before my hoping-to-be-an-engineer DS took them from me and figured it out in about .02 seconds. :rolleyes: You have to take the clear plastic strap thingy and split it in half longways where it's scored (and it takes some doing to get it apart!) then loop it through the tag and through itself into your suitcase handle. If that makes sense.

Long saga that I'm not even going to go into and bore everyone, and my FB friends have already heard me *****ing about it yesterday, but long story short is that I had ordered a Baggallini messenger bag that never got to me. I've been using the same small backpack for years for our WDW trips, but I hated that thing. It had one cavernous compartment that made it a PITA to find anything, and one small part that barely held anything. I was way excited about that Baggallini, so was very disappointed that it wasn't going to happen in time.

I decided to stop at Target on my way home, and ended up finding a *perfect* bag. It's a small messenger-type bag made by Swiss Gear (the original Swiss army knife people) with as many little slots and pockets as a Buxton bag but small and compact and really comfortable to carry/wear. And since it's charcoal/red/black, my son will carry it too. And it was half the price of the Baggallini, so bite me, UPS. :rolleyes1

The forecast now is looking absolutely gorgeous for next week!! Just seriously gorgeous. 3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

k

Re: the luggage tags -- Those things confounded me for a half hour before my hoping-to-be-an-engineer DS took them from me and figured it out in about .02 seconds. :rolleyes: You have to take the clear plastic strap thingy and split it in half longways where it's scored (and it takes some doing to get it apart!) then loop it through the tag and through itself into your suitcase handle. If that makes sense.

so you have to split each strip into 2 pieces?? :confused: Yikes, I still totally do not get it. Engineering is obviously not my calling. Hopefully DH can figure it out, lol

so you have to split each strip into 2 pieces?? :confused: Yikes, I still totally do not get it. Engineering is obviously not my calling. Hopefully DH can figure it out, lol

Just the middle seperates, it still ends up being a circle. Put one end through the hole of the tag, sperate the 2 pieces and bring the tag through the loop. Do the same for the handle of your suitcase.

It really is dead here. I came on this morning to find no new posts!!!

There is rain in the forecast for our first MK day on Friday. 10mm :sad1: BUT the forecast has been changing drastically on a daily basis so I hope this changes as well! Otherwise, I keep having to add more shorts/capris as the forecast keeps warming up!

2 more days!!!! :yay::yay:

On an unrelated note, we are going to register our DD for kindergarden today. My baby is starting school this year!

Gina - following you on Twitter now. ;)

It is pretty quiet in this place. Work is brutal (always seems to be the week before I go away). Does not help that my office mate is off, since I am off next week.

only 4 days if I dont count today and the day we arrive.:banana:

Nothing new and exciting going on. The weather keeps changing. One the plus side, no more rain on our AK day, give the park a fighting chance in my eyes.

Gina - following you on Twitter now. ;)

Really?? I haven't received any notification... hmm... can you PM me your user name (if you don't want everyone to have it) so I can look for you? Thanks! I'll try not to bore you with my ramblings, lol.

-gina-

We are also heading down this week and CAN'T wait!! 3 more sleeps for us!

We are about as excited for the warm weather as we are to see be at our "happy place". It's -9 here with the wind chill today at about -20 to -30 below. My DD4 asked me this morning if "it'd be warm at our house when we came home from Disney". Wishful thinking my dear, wishful thinking...

Can't wait!!! :banana:

Really?? I haven't received any notification... hmm... can you PM me your user name (if you don't want everyone to have it) so I can look for you? Thanks! I'll try not to bore you with my ramblings, lol.

-gina-

I am not overly familer with Twitter. My DH just joined, and told me I should too.

Dont care who has my name its @KristiA629

I did it all over my phone, so i might log on tonight at home and post a current picture. :laughing:

Just the middle seperates, it still ends up being a circle. Put one end through the hole of the tag, sperate the 2 pieces and bring the tag through the loop. Do the same for the handle of your suitcase.

ooooooooh, so it's supposed to be a CIRCLE. Well that makes sense. I know I'm no brain surgeon but I really was wracking my brain trying to figure out how something that was bascially a strip of plastic could possibly work, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter