The Official Expedition Everest 2013 Thread

I am super excited! I roped my family into running with me (13 year old son on my team and husband running solo) and they are not so excited... I'm hoping the magic kicks in when they get there and they get bitten by the RunDisney bug too.

I've got to pull together my race outfit though. I know I'm wearing a blue sparkletech and I think I'm going to put some white fake fur trim around the bottom of it. I'm not sure about the shirt yet though. I kind of wanted a winter/snow/ice fairy theme using running clothes...

Anyone else wearing a costume?

I have a standard get up that I wear for Disney 5K's. Its not very good as far as race wear goes (all cotton) and it doesn't really have a theme, but I've worn it this many times, why break from tradition now?

Finally got my 5k Road Miles under my feet! Faster than my treadmill miles... but I couldn't run most of it... It's still COLD here in Maine and I was running in the rain. (It was hard to breathe...) So glad to know I can do it without getting picked up by the lovely golf cart!!! ha ha

Will New balance - Mickey-Minnie Shoes be available at the Expedition Everest Challenge registration?

Will New balance - Mickey-Minnie Shoes be available at the Expedition Everest Challenge registration?

The Everest Expo is much much smaller than the expos held for longer distances. But you never, know, they might be.

Can anyone tell me about the pre-race picnic? Are there activities other than the food? Is it worth the $$?

Glad to find this thread.

we are racing in the Family race with my 7 year old DD and then my DH and I are running at night.

I did this race 2 years ago and it was a really good time. It was very different than how the larger races in respect to the EXPO (really isn't one for this race but there a few items for sale)

I can't wait for for it to get here!!

Does anyone have a Bib they won't need? I really want to run this before we move this summer. I live in Tampa and my husband is getting stationed somewhere else. TIA!

So, I know this has a really small Expo, but I am secretly hoping they have early registration for Princess and/or Tink at the Expo. I was able to early register for W&D at Princess and got an awesome RunDisney backpack free for doing it.

Let's hope for some pixie dust! I might tweet to RunDisney to give them a little hint!

So, I know this has a really small Expo, but I am secretly hoping they have early registration for Princess and/or Tink at the Expo. I was able to early register for W&D at Princess and got an awesome RunDisney backpack free for doing it.

Let's hope for some pixie dust! I might tweet to RunDisney to give them a little hint!

They have the Princess registration opening scheduled as June 11th. Tink's is July 9th. That is some major wishing, but anything is possible.

If anyone knows of a bib that won't be used...let me know. I decided last minute to join some friends who will be running and I'd love to try this one out!

My husband has a bib for the race but has developed achillies tendonitis in both his legs and may have to sit it out (just a short walk to the bus stop flared it up yesterday :worried: ). He'd still like to meet us at the afterparty.

I know that runners get into the afterparty as part of the registration, but does anyone know if a runner who doesn't run can still get into the afterparty? Do they give you a special armband to get into the afterparty or a ticket if you're a runner, or do you just kind of end up there after finishing the course? :confused:

Thanks.

My husband has a bib for the race but has developed achillies tendonitis in both his legs and may have to sit it out (just a short walk to the bus stop flared it up yesterday :worried: ). He'd still like to meet us at the afterparty.

I know that runners get into the afterparty as part of the registration, but does anyone know if a runner who doesn't run can still get into the afterparty? Do they give you a special armband to get into the afterparty or a ticket if you're a runner, or do you just kind of end up there after finishing the course? :confused:

Thanks.
When we did it last year the finish was right next to everest, so I think its more of the "you just kind of end up there"

Thanks.

In the past they've given out a wristband at packet pick-up even for runners. Unfortunately I don't remember if that was last year or a previous year. I'm sure it won't be any problem for your husband to go to the afterparty though, even if he doesn't run. You could call RunDisney now or just ask at packet pick-up. If there's no wristband he can probably just show his bib. For runners the finish line is inside the park so you just end up inside, but the gates are also open for family and friends who have bought tickets to the after party.

Does anyone plan to wear their earbuds during the EEC? I know that they are discouraged, but I use mine daily and feel odd going without. If I do go wihtout is ther emusic along the ocurse and if so what type? Disney songs or high energy keep you moving songs?

Let's talk costumes, I've seen so many cute ones out there. Is anyone wearing one and if so what? I'm trying to decide what I should go as.

Thanks.

Is he willing to sell his bib? I would love to run this!

Thanks.

I have an extra after party ticket and may be in need of a race ticket. Would you be interested in swapping? I'd cover the difference in cost of course.

Does anyone plan to wear their earbuds during the EEC? I know that they are discouraged, but I use mine daily and feel odd going without. If I do go wihtout is ther emusic along the ocurse and if so what type? Disney songs or high energy keep you moving songs?

Let's talk costumes, I've seen so many cute ones out there. Is anyone wearing one and if so what? I'm trying to decide what I should go as.

Most wear earbuds.

I wish I registered in time for this race, but failed. My wife and I were going to be French Maids this year, last year if anyone was there, we were the sailors, both were dress costumes. We did costumes together for this race as we were a team and named our team accordingly, last year, we were team High Seas Sailors. Normally, if I do a race solo in costume, its usually a short dress costume (easiest to run in).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter