<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Oooh... those fried Oreos sound good! Does anyone have the recipe for the Oak Grilled Filet from Jiko? I have the recipes for the mac and cheese and the red wine sauce that is served with it - now I'm just looking for the filet to complete the meal. Thanks!

Oooh... those fried Oreos sound good! Does anyone have the recipe for the Oak Grilled Filet from Jiko? I have the recipes for the mac and cheese and the red wine sauce that is served with it - now I'm just looking for the filet to complete the meal. Thanks!
:wave2: Prinny Although the recipes for the mac & cheese and the red wine sauce are available in a zillion spots, I have never come across just how they make the Oak Grilled Filet. I will add it to the list of Requested Recipes-hopefully someone will know! :upsidedow

I have the Maui potatoes from Ohana in the oven right now! I'll let you all know how they taste after they're done. ;)
Well, I just had this for dinner, and they tasted very good! Mine were a little soupy, I'll cut back on the cream if I make them again, but they tasted delicious. :goodvibes

Well, I just had this for dinner, and they tasted very good! Mine were a little soupy, I'll cut back on the cream if I make them again, but they tasted delicious. :goodvibes

Thanks for the review, disneyfav4ever! I keep hearing how yummy these are-I need to make them myself soon-or plan a trip to have them at 'Ohana! ;)

:wave2: Prinny Although the recipes for the mac & cheese and the red wine sauce are available in a zillion spots, I have never come across just how they make the Oak Grilled Filet. I will add it to the list of Requested Recipes-hopefully someone will know! :upsidedow

Thank you! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review, disneyfav4ever! I keep hearing how yummy these are-I need to make them myself soon-or plan a trip to have them at 'Ohana! ;)

Several people have mentioned that the recipe needs to cut down on the liquid, so clearly the recipe uses too much. Do you think half a cup of cream would be enough?

I am so happy you found this recipe, Tatania-I know how much you have been wanting to make it! :cool1:

It's ironic isn't because after having the Caramel Apple Shooter THAT's actually the recipe I'd rather have, :worship: Still working on it though and am planning to give the CG a call on Monday (when things are slower) and remind them that I'm still waiting.

Is Boma's Fried Oreos recipe on here somewhere? I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Do they serve that with a side of Lipitor? :eek: Apparently this item is only occasionally served at the buffet but this is one of the best restaurants to get recipes from.

I've let Shelley Oualach of the The Culinary Team at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge know about our recipe thread when I sent her a thank you for the 2requested dessert recipes (Melktert ad M'Hencha). She seems to be really nice and I'll PM you her Email because I'm sure if if you requested this she would get you the recipe. Make sure to let us know if you get a response :goodvibes

My guess is there isn't an "official" recipe for the Oak Grilled Filet as a professional chef using this recipe would simply place a filet on the grill and cook to the desired temperature. They might also brush with drawn butter and dust with steak seasoning or salt and pepper during the cooking process. Then it's served with the sauce and Mac 'N Cheese. This recipe would assume that one is using an oak grill and that the chef knows how to grill the filet.

Theresa Joiner of WDW has come through with the requests from the San Angel Inn.

Here's the
Sopa De Elote (Corn Chowder)
San Angel Inn, Epcot
Yield: 6 servings

1 ½ lbs. Corn (off the cob)
3 oz. Flour
4 oz. Onions, Diced
3 oz. Poblano Pepper, skinned seeded & diced
4 oz Butter
1 ½ qt. Half & half
½ oz. Garlic, diced
Salt to Taste

In a medium size pot, melt butter over medium heat and slowly add the flour. Then add the garlic and the diced onions.

When blended together, add only 1qt. Of the half & half, and 1 lb. of the corn. When the mixture thickens, add the remaining corn and half & half, salt to taste. Then add the Poblano Peppers.

The Lake Buena Vista club was the golf club at the Lake Buena Vista Golf Court. It is still there, but I don't believe they serve food. The Easter Brunch at the Lake Buena Vista Club was not to be believed. Back in the days when the Vacation Villas, Club Lake Villas and Tree Houses were the things. Almost all now the new Saratoga Springs Resort.

Whew - guess I go way back!!

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone, came across another recipe in my hunt for Olivia's dip:laughing:. This is from some years ago it was a special one night a Olivia's I can still remember it was really good. Sorry but it may be in the Disney recipe way (not specific on details), but I was glad they gave it to me.

It is Filet Mignon with Maytag Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Saute Spinach w/olive oil & garlic

Mashed Potatoes

6 pounds red potatoes
1 1/2 quarts milk
4 Tblsp Kosher salt
6 oz butter
1 tsp black peper
9 pds potatoes
Add blue cheese to taste
Sorry no instructions, make as one would make mash potatoes, this is printed from their batch recipes and yields 15 pds and 11 servings. Yes cut in half or then some.
There are no instructions for the spinach, but our family has made it for years.
Cook spinach as per instructions,
saute olive oil and garlic in saute pan, when spinach is done and drained add to pan with oil and garlic and mix. that's it. Garlic adjust to your taste, spinach needs salt.
Bourbon Sauce, this is used over the filet. Again this is a batch recipe that makes a gallon (10 servings)

Bourbon Sauce

4 1/8 oz onion diced medium
1/3 oz garlic minced
7 1/2 oz bourbon (Jack Daniels)
1 1/4 quarts veal stock
3/4 oz clarified butter
Kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste

In a large pot heat the butter and caramelize onions, once the onions are caramelized add the garlic. Add the bourbon and reduce till almost dry. Add the veal stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Reduce by 2/3's and season to taste.

Now the presentation, if I remember the mashed potatoes were on the bottom, the filet was placed on top w/the bourbon sauce lightly poured over them. The Spinach was to the side.

I dont have any recipes, i leave that up to my mom. Guess who my mom is....YUP thats right!!! Lynninpa is my mom!

Several people have mentioned that the recipe needs to cut down on the liquid, so clearly the recipe uses too much. Do you think half a cup of cream would be enough?
I would guess 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup would be good. I know I used exactly a cup since I had an eight ounce container, and I used all of it.

Hi everyone, came across another recipe in my hunt for Olivia's dip:laughing:. This is from some years ago it was a special one night a Olivia's I can still remember it was really good. Sorry but it may be in the Disney recipe way (not specific on details), but I was glad they gave it to me.

It is Filet Mignon with Maytag Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Saute Spinach w/olive oil & garlic

Mashed Potatoes

6 pounds red potatoes
1 1/2 quarts milk
4 Tblsp Kosher salt
6 oz butter
1 tsp black peper
9 pds potatoes
Add blue cheese to taste
Sorry no instructions, make as one would make mash potatoes, this is printed from their batch recipes and yields 15 pds and 11 servings. Yes cut in half or then some.
There are no instructions for the spinach, but our family has made it for years.
Cook spinach as per instructions,
saute olive oil and garlic in saute pan, when spinach is done and drained add to pan with oil and garlic and mix. that's it. Garlic adjust to your taste, spinach needs salt.
Bourbon Sauce, this is used over the filet. Again this is a batch recipe that makes a gallon (10 servings)

Bourbon Sauce

4 1/8 oz onion diced medium
1/3 oz garlic minced
7 1/2 oz bourbon (Jack Daniels)
1 1/4 quarts veal stock
3/4 oz clarified butter
Kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste

In a large pot heat the butter and caramelize onions, once the onions are caramelized add the garlic. Add the bourbon and reduce till almost dry. Add the veal stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Reduce by 2/3's and season to taste.

Now the presentation, if I remember the mashed potatoes were on the bottom, the filet was placed on top w/the bourbon sauce lightly poured over them. The Spinach was to the side.
The potatoes alone sound great! ;) Thanks for posting, disney54us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter