• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

I just had this thread pointed out to me last night and am only on page 8 so far. :laughing: I have quite a few recipes that I've collected over the years, but you have LOTS I don't have yet! :teeth:

Anyway, I don't know if this was ever answered or not. I was the person who submitted the recipe to http://www.homestead.com/disneyrecipes/disneyresorts.html and that was exactly the way it came to me from the chefs at Boma. I had to do all the calculations to make a usable recipe myself :rotfl2: but I can tell you that it tasted exactly as we remembered it. It certainly isn't a marinade, though - it's more of a paste that you rub on the steak.

I believe the chefs must have tweaked the recipe since the beginning & the recipe with the oils & vinegars is just newer.

Welcome oh friendly mod glad to have you on board with all of us:goodvibes. Don't you love when the recipe gets 'tweaked' or in some cases changed? There has to be a way to have the recipes read: The following ingredients if you liked it in 06, if you liked it better in 08 add this. Just kidding, I use to think it was just me who had some difficulty figuring some of what the recipe read. When I found this thread I was glad to find I had company, so I guess that's the fun of it! Looking forward to seeing some of what you have collected:goodvibes.

I'n REALLY excited about seeing what recipes you've collected. I'm sending you the index and request list now - before I leave for work.

BTW, I've often seen 3 different versions for the same recipe - one from the cookbooks and others from servers and Chefs. I'm sure they tweak and change stuff so it's good to see different versions.

MMmm, that really, really sounds good. DH and I have been pan searing some very nice, big scallops the past few weekends. Now this kills the health aspect, with the cream sauce. Well what can I say if I knew how to do siggie stuff mine would say It's not the years you live, it's how you live the years! Of course for me that would mean enjoying FFW (friends, food and Wine).

Ugh...I'm not too sure I will follow the thread once it's moved. I have a feeling that it will quickly become a catch all for all kinds of recipes not exclusive to WDW.:rolleyes:

I hope that's not the case but I guess we will have to wait and see.

I don't think that will happen. People have the entire rest of that board to post other receipes as they have been doing all along.

I don't think that will happen. People have the entire rest of that board to post other receipes as they have been doing all along.

I hope your right, I would hate to see such a fabulous thread go down the drain with just any 'ol recipes added to it.
:scared1:

Cornbread Stuffing
House of Blues, Downtown Disney

Ingredients

1 cup onions, 1/8-inch diced
2 cups vegetable stock
4 cups celery, 1/8-inch diced
4 eggs
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup olive oil
9 cups jalapeño cornbread, 1-inch cubes
7 cups French bread, 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning

Directions
Sauté onions and celery and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add
cornbread and French bread cubes. Mix with seasoning. Add stock and eggs and
salt and pepper. Remove from heat and put into pan. Bake in oven at 325
degrees F for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and serve hot.

Servings: 12
Source: by Executive Chef Dean Berthelot - House of Blues

Last edited by a moderator:

The Resaurant Marrakesh, EPCOT Center
Source: The St. Augustine Record

Lemon Chicken
For Tagine of Chicken
- d jej
Mkalli Bel Hamedmp Zitoun
By Chef Lahsen Abrache
Exectutive Chef, Restaurant Marrakesh, EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World

5 pieces of chicken
2 1/2 oz ground ginger
2 1/2 oz black pepper
4 oz salt
1 oz olive oil
3 1/2 oz salted butter
Pinch of saffron
2 1/2 oz sweet butter
10 cinnamon sticks
1 oz fresh chopped coriander (chinese parsley)
5 cloves chopped frsh garlic
5 lemon pickles, quartered
1/2 pound green olives pitted
1/2 tsp yellow food coloring
1 1/2 pounds spanish onions, chopped
1 pint water

Clean chicken and set aside. In small mixing bowl, combine ginger, pepper,
salt, yellow food coloring and salted butter, mix well. Rub mixture on
chicken.

In casserole dish place sweet butter and olive oil, coating sides and bottom
equally, Add chicken, sprinkle evenly with onions, saffron, coriander and
garlic. Place cinnamon sticks in corners and middle of casserole dish.

Add water, place on stove and bring to a boil. Put in 350 degree oven and
cook for 45 minutes.

Arrange couscous in tagine (Moroccan serving dish with cover), place lemon
chicken in the center and add vegetables on top of chicken. Serves 5 people.

I was thinking about the comments regarding WDW recipes not always being the healthiest - with all the heavy cream & butter in them. I'm one of those cooks who rarely follows a recipe exactly. If I see heavy cream, I generally just use 2% milk instead of skim milk. :rotfl: If consistency is a problem I might add just a touch of Wondra flour to it. :rolleyes: I always save the recipes the way I receive them though. ;)

Here are a couple others we make & like:

Rib Rub
Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Yield: approximately 2 lbs. I use 1/4 the amounts & even then only use half of it at a time. I just store the rest in an airtight container for a couple weeks.

2-1/8 c Granulated Sugar
1/3 c Granulated Onion
3 Tbl Celery Salt
3¼ Tbl Iodized Salt
¾ c Paprika
2½ Tbl Chili Powder
2½ Tbl Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
¾ tsp Dry Mustard
1-1/8 tsp Dry Ginger
¾ tsp Granulated Garlic
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Thyme
2 Tbl Whole Marjoram
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon

1. Combine all the dry ingredients above.
2. Rub onto Ribs before cooking. [NOTE: I rub the ribs the night before.]
- - - - - - -
Strawberry Banana Bread
from the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge

2 tsp baking soda
1 c butter
2 c sugar
1½ lb strawberries
2 c bananas (~6 medium)
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
3 c flour

Grease two loaf pans & preheat oven to 325. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter & sugar. Incorporate bananas scraping sides of bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together salt, baking soda & flour. Add flour mixture to butter mixture & stir until blended. Add strawberries (thawed). Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack before inverting onto a plate.

Does anyone have the recipe for this? We were there last week and I meant to ask but forgot!! :sad:

That was the best side dish! So tasty.

Hi,

As I was writing my trip report, I found out that I had pictures of two of the recipes that I posted. These pictures were from a Pictures of DCL food thread in the DCL forum. My recipe posts for this forum are post 1917 and 1919 on page128. Also here is the link to the pictures of dcl food thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=886187

The pictures are great,

Thanks for sharing :hug:

CURRY PASTE Equivalents given are my calculations.

1/16 qt Olive Oil (¼ c)
¼ lb Red Pepper
1/16 qt Fresh Ginger Root (¼ c)
1/16 qt Garlic Cloves (¼ c)
1/16 c Ground Turmeric (1 Tbl)
1/16 c Ground Cinnamon (1 Tbl)
1/16 c Ground Cumin (1 Tbl)
1/16 c Ground Cardamom (1 Tbl)
1/16 c Ground Coriander (1 Tbl)
1/16 c Cayenne Pepper (1 Tbl)

Puree peppers, fresh garlic, and ginger in a Robot Coupe. Heat olive oil in non-reactive pan. Add in puree and simmer for one hour. Then remove pot from heat and add all other ingredients. Puree again until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Puree with a blender and run through Food Mill.

Cool, cover and refrigerate in jars for up to one week.

I see we share a lot of the same favourite Disney recipes piratesmate, but this one was interesting to me as I only had the Curry Paste and not the Coconut Curry sauce it goes with. Glad I got that one sorted :cool1:

For comparison purposes here's the Curry Paste recipe I have:

Curry Paste - Boma
1 cup Olive Oil
3 each Red Peppers
¼ cup Ginger Root, fresh
¼ cup Garlic Cloves
2 tablespoons Ground Turmeric
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
2 tablespoons Ground Cardamom
2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

1. Heat oil in a non-aluminum pan. Add peppers, garlic, and ginger. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Toast spices – turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin. Add all the spices to the peppers.
3. Remove from heat and drain off oil.
4. Puree in food processor until smooth. Cool, cover, and refrigerate up to one week.

In that one the peppers and garlic are not pureed before cooking.

I agree that many Disney recipes are astoundingly high in cream, butter and oil (which is why they taste so good), and I often try to cut back the calories on many of them.

For example, tonight I made the Panko Shrimp with Mango Sauce (I'll post below as I see we don't have it on the index), and I deep-fried half of them (for my son) and broiled the rest for myself. I tried one of the deep-fried ones for comparison purposes, and really couldn't tell much difference in taste or texture. BTW, Panko breadcrumbs (used everywhere in Disney recipes) have half the fat, calories and sodium of regular bread crumbs. I made the dish as a main course and the Mango Sauce was refreshing and made a nice contrast to the breaded shrimp.
On the weekend I made the Celtic Chique (p 117) and it's a fairly basic roasted chicken on pan fried chard. It wouldn't be special enough for a company dinner - at least not for me. I have a few more Disney recipes on this week's menu so will report on those.

I rarely take pictures of my Disney dishes as my old digital camera doesn't really take pictures inside and the last thing I'm thinking of when serving up dinner is taking a picture :lmao: I did take this one however.
Shrimp_Mangosauce_Angela.jpg

Panko Shrimp with Mango Sauce
PCH Grill (Disneyland’s Pacific Hotel) (Chef Bill Orton)
Serves 4 as an appetizer.

Panko Shrimp
1 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
16 large shrimp (1 oz. each), tails on, peeled and deveined
3 whole eggs, beaten
16 6-inch wooden skewers
Canola or peanut oil for frying

First, season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Next, lightly flour the shrimp. Then, dip each one into the beaten eggs and coat lightly with bread crumbs. Set the shrimp aside while you prepare the mango sauce.

Mango Sauce
2 fresh, ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup water
1 red bell pepper, seeded
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp. *Sriracha-style Thai chili sauce (available in Asian markets)
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste

Put 1 mango in a blender with the water, and puree. Place the puree in a mixing bowl and set aside. Finely dice the remaining mango and the bell pepper and add to the mango puree. Stir in the remaining ingredients and salt to taste. Place the shrimp on the skewers and straighten them out. Deep-fry the shrimp a few at a time, in 350-degree oil. Each batch should take 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the mango sauce for dipping and a salad of mixed greens.
*hot, red Thai sauce with jalapanos and garlic.

I see we share a lot of the same favourite Disney recipes piratesmate, but this one was interesting to me as I only had the Curry Paste and not the Coconut Curry sauce it goes with. Glad I got that one sorted :cool1:

For comparison purposes here's the Curry Paste recipe I have:

Curry Paste - Boma
1 cup Olive Oil
3 each Red Peppers
¼ cup Ginger Root, fresh
¼ cup Garlic Cloves
2 tablespoons Ground Turmeric
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
2 tablespoons Ground Cardamom
2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

1. Heat oil in a non-aluminum pan. Add peppers, garlic, and ginger. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Toast spices – turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin. Add all the spices to the peppers.
3. Remove from heat and drain off oil.
4. Puree in food processor until smooth. Cool, cover, and refrigerate up to one week.

In that one the peppers and garlic are not pureed before cooking.

I agree that many Disney recipes are astoundingly high in cream, butter and oil (which is why they taste so good), and I often try to cut back the calories on many of them.

For example, tonight I made the Panko Shrimp with Mango Sauce (I'll post below as I see we don't have it on the index), and I deep-fried half of them (for my son) and broiled the rest for myself. I tried one of the deep-fried ones for comparison purposes, and really couldn't tell much difference in taste or texture. BTW, Panko breadcrumbs (used everywhere in Disney recipes) have half the fat, calories and sodium of regular bread crumbs. I made the dish as a main course and the Mango Sauce was refreshing and made a nice contrast to the breaded shrimp.
On the weekend I made the Celtic Chique (p 117) and it's a fairly basic roasted chicken on pan fried chard. It wouldn't be special enough for a company dinner - at least not for me. I have a few more Disney recipes on this week's menu so will report on those.

I rarely take pictures of my Disney dishes as my old digital camera doesn't really take pictures inside and the last thing I'm thinking of when serving up dinner is taking a picture :lmao: I did take this one however.
Shrimp_Mangosauce_Angela.jpg

Panko Shrimp with Mango Sauce
PCH Grill (Disneyland’s Pacific Hotel) (Chef Bill Orton)
Serves 4 as an appetizer.

Panko Shrimp
1 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
16 large shrimp (1 oz. each), tails on, peeled and deveined
3 whole eggs, beaten
16 6-inch wooden skewers
Canola or peanut oil for frying

First, season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Next, lightly flour the shrimp. Then, dip each one into the beaten eggs and coat lightly with bread crumbs. Set the shrimp aside while you prepare the mango sauce.

Mango Sauce
2 fresh, ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup water
1 red bell pepper, seeded
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp. *Sriracha-style Thai chili sauce (available in Asian markets)
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste

Put 1 mango in a blender with the water, and puree. Place the puree in a mixing bowl and set aside. Finely dice the remaining mango and the bell pepper and add to the mango puree. Stir in the remaining ingredients and salt to taste. Place the shrimp on the skewers and straighten them out. Deep-fry the shrimp a few at a time, in 350-degree oil. Each batch should take 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the mango sauce for dipping and a salad of mixed greens.
*hot, red Thai sauce with jalapanos and garlic.

The Cured Pork Loin recipe was different from mine too. One is a serving for 8 and the other was a serving for 10, The ingredients were the same but the measurements were different of course.
I saved both LOL
I'm such a recipe junkie :confused:

Those shrimp look so yummy!

As for making things lighter, I try to do that all the time. I usually use fat free half and half in place of any cream that is called for and lower fat versions of any ingredient I can.

I made the Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Raglan Road Restaurant, Downtown Disney (page 128) and it came out perfectly! Not substitutions this time though. :laughing:

NEWS ON LYNNINPA!!!!!

I just received a reply from one of Lynn's children and she's fine!!!

She has actually be working on a cook book for the school she works at so she has been spending alot of time on that.

NEWS ON LYNNINPA!!!!!

She has actually be working on a cook book for the school she works at so she has been spending alot of time on that.

Great news!!!! I am so happy to hear all is well...I am glad nothing was wrong!!!

:thumbsup2

NEWS ON LYNNINPA!!!!!

:cool1: :thumbsup2 Great news!!!!! Glad nothing was wrong, hope she knows were getting moved!

Griddled Pound Cake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Liberty Tree Tavern
Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Pound Cake

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2-teaspoon baking powder
1/4-teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter; softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
1-teaspoon vanilla
1/2-cup whole milk, at room temperature
Method: Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter and flour loaf pan, knocking out excess flour.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or 5 with a handheld. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and then add vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until just incorporated. Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out with crumbs adhering, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then invert onto rack and cool completely.
Cut a piece of pound cake into a size you like. Brush the pound cake with butter and heat using a griddle or a non-stick saute pan until both sides are golden brown. Serve with the heated Pecan-Carmel sauce and any ice cream flavor you would like.
PECAN SAUCE

Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
Light Brown Sugar 1 cup
Butter (softened) 1/2 cup
Chopped Pecans ¼ cup.

Method: In saucepan over low heat combine heavy cream and light brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Add butter a little at a time and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans.

Liberty Tree Tavern
Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Griddled Pound Cake with Pecan Caramel Sauce

Pound Cake

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2-teaspoon baking powder
1/4-teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter; softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
1-teaspoon vanilla
1/2-cup whole milk, at room temperature
Method: Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter and flour loaf pan, knocking out excess flour.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or 5 with a handheld. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and then add vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until just incorporated. Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out with crumbs adhering, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then invert onto rack and cool completely.
Cut a piece of pound cake into a size you like. Brush the pound cake with butter and heat using a griddle or a non-stick saute pan until both sides are golden brown. Serve with the heated Pecan-Carmel sauce and any ice cream flavor you would like.
PECAN SAUCE

Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
Light Brown Sugar 1 cup
Butter (softened) 1/2 cup
Chopped Pecans ¼ cup.

Method: In saucepan over low heat combine heavy cream and light brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Add butter a little at a time and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans.

That sounds wonderful!! :cool1:

Thanks Mods! I don't see a problem with the thread being watered down. It is titled Disney Recipe Exchange. I'm sure the Disney lovers on the cooking board will *** lots of Disney recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter