<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Lemon Curd with a Blueberry Compote

5 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
4 lemons, zested and juiced
1 stick butter, cut into pats and chilled

Add enough water to a medium saucepan to come about 1-inch up the side. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium size metal bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute. Measure citrus juice and if needed, add enough cold water to reach 1/3 cup. Add juice and zest to egg mixture and whisk smooth. Once water reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and place bowl on top of saucepan. (Bowl should be large enough to fit on top of saucepan without touching the water.) Whisk until thickened, approximately 8 minutes, or until mixture is light yellow and coats the back of a spoon. Remove promptly from heat and stir in butter a piece at a time, allowing each addition to melt before adding the next. Remove to a clean container and cover by laying a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.

Divide the blueberry compote among 6 decorative bowls or glasses. Top with a dollop of lemon curd and sprinkle with biscotti crumbs.

Blueberry Compote:

1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
Cinnamon
Pomegranate molasses

Heat the water just to a boil add sugar and dissolve- add the blue berries and cook down until desired consistency
Chill and mix in fresh blueberries

This was sent to me with a notation of which restaurant it is served in. It may be served throughout the Lodge and even in the quick service areas.

Walt Disney World Recipes (Yahoo Group)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Walt_Disney_World_Recipes/

The Jiko menu has: House-made Lemon Curd - with pomegranate and blueberry compote, white chocolate biscotti and sour cream ice cream, but that's the only menu I see it on. Is the lodge in question the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

The Jiko menu has: House-made Lemon Curd - with pomegranate and blueberry compote, white chocolate biscotti and sour cream ice cream, but that's the only menu I see it on. Is the lodge in question the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Hi Tatania,
I reread the original message, I should have said it was sent to me without a notation of which eatery this belongs to but you already figured it out LOL

The recipe is from The Animal Kingdom Lodge so I would assume it is from Jiko. She sent me a few others from Jiko too so that sounds right.

:love: :love: :love:

Yacht & Beach Club Resorts – Beaches & Cream
Ingredients:

1 Scoop vanilla ice cream

2 scoops orange sherbet

Seltzer

Whipped cream

6 Candy orange slices

Directions:

Put 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and 2 scoops orange sherbet in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass, top with whipped cream and candy orange slices.

Walt Disney World Recipes (Yahoo Group)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Walt_Disney_World_Recipes/

That sounds incredible and easy. I'm curious as to the seltzer also. I'm going to have to make it this weekend and use a little trial and error.

That sounds incredible and easy. I'm curious as to the seltzer also. I'm going to have to make it this weekend and use a little trial and error.

I would bet that the seltzer is added after the ice cream is blended and poured into the glass. That way it will keep it's "bubbles".

Apple Crepes
The Restaurant Marrakesh

For the crepes:
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
2 cups apple pie filling
For the sauce:
1 cup honey
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, melted

To serve:
Vanilla Ice Cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking sheet and set aside. Heat a 5
to 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Combine eggs, flour and salt in a large
bowl. Add just enough of the milk to make a smooth paste. Add the remaining
milk, stirring until there are no lumps. Whisk in the melted butter. Ladle
or pour just enough crepe batter to cover the pan with a thin layer (about
1/4 cup) and quickly rotate pan to distribute the batter evenly. Cook over
medium heat until the edges of the crepe curl up and brown slightly, about 1
to 2 minutes. Using two spatulas, flip it over and cook the other side for 1
to 2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Pour batter into pan for the next crepe.

Meanwhile, spoon 1/4 cup apple pie filling down the center of the cooked
crepe. Roll up the crepe and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Continue
preparing crepes in this fashion until the batter is gone. Add the hot
melted butter to the honey and cinnamon and stir with a fork. Pour the honey
mixture over the crepes. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until the crepes are warmed
through.

Remove from the oven and transfer to individual plates. Drizzle crepes with
pan sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon.
Makes 6 to 8 crepes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moroccan Vegetable Rice
The Restaurant Marrakesh

2 cups long grain white rice
4 cups water
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 tsps salt
1 tsp white pepper
pinch of saffron

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a 2 1/2 to 3
quart baking dish and combine thoroughly with a whisk. Cover the dish and
bake for 1 hour until all the liquid is absorbed. Stir the rice before
serving. (If you are using a gourmet rice, such as basmati, the cooking time
will be a bit longer.)
Serves 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found this thread and let me just say, you people are amazing! I can't believe how many awesome recipes you have here! I can't wait to try and recreate some of my favorites at home! Thank you!

I didn't see Boma's Watermelon Rind Salad on the front list, is that one to be found anywhere? I really enjoyed the unique taste of it last week when I had it!

Thanks,
Allyson :)

I just found this thread and let me just say, you people are amazing! I can't believe how many awesome recipes you have here! I can't wait to try and recreate some of my favorites at home! Thank you!

I didn't see Boma's Watermelon Rind Salad on the front list, is that one to be found anywhere? I really enjoyed the unique taste of it last week when I had it!

Thanks,
Allyson :)

Watermelon Rind Salad
from Boma, Animal Kngdom Lodge
Yield - 8 servings

2 pounds Watermelon rind, sliced thinly
Dressing
1 cup Ginger, sliced thin
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Rice Vinegar
1 cup Grenadine
1 cup Water

In a small pot, heat the dressing ingredients until the sugar melts. Remove from stove and let cool. Add sliced watermelon rind. Let marinated at least one hour.
Note: had this in Jan. ’08 and it’s better than it sounds. The rind is cut paper thin - practically transparent so you can hardly tell it’s rind.

Carrot-Ginger Cream Soup
Victoria and Albert's, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort (from Cooking with Mickey & the Disney Chefs, 2004)
10 servings (2 quarts)

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Pinch of dried basil, crumbled
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 cup diced onion
10 carrots, diced
1/4 cup diced celery
3 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup sliced ginger or sushi pickled ginger (to taste)
2 quarts heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Heat the butter in a 4-quart pot over medium heat until smoking. Add the garlic, basil, bay leaf, parsley, onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Deglaze the pot with chicken stock. Add the ginger and bring to a boil. Add the heavy cream. Turn heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring gently as soup thickens. Do not boil. Remove the bay leaf. Pour the soup into an electric blender and purée.
Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a separate container. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.

Cooks Note: Deglazing is done by heating a small amount of liquid in the pan and stirring to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. You can make this vegetarian by replacing the chicken stock with carrot juice.
A sweet and smoky flavored ale is recommended as an accompanying drink.

Just an FYI....

Cooking with Mickey around our World 1986 is the same book as Cooking with Mickey Vol 2. The only difference is Vol 2 is a hardback book.

Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook was previously titled Cooking with Mickey (not the same as the above mentioned books) :confused3

I'm off to buy Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook Vol 2 and I'll let you know if it's the same as Vol 1. I hear it might be but I haven't ordered it yet to be sure.

Just an FYI....

Cooking with Mickey around our World 1986 is the same book as Cooking with Mickey Vol 2. The only difference is Vol 2 is a hardback book.

Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook was previously titled Cooking with Mickey (not the same as the above mentioned books) :confused3

I'm off to buy Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook Vol 2 and I'll let you know if it's the same as Vol 1. I hear it might be but I haven't ordered it yet to be sure.

I have this one Cooking With Mickey 2 and got Volume 1 from the library, they are almost exactly the same. We were very disappointed.

There is no doubt the Disney Company liberally recycles its recipes from cookbook to cookbook. So if I'm understanding correctly Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook (1994) is the very same as Cooking with Mickey Around our World from 1986 or have I got that wrong?

I have Cooking with Mickey Vol 2 (purchased in 1982) and is this the same as Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook??

The next two in the series are "Cooking with Mickey and the Chefs of Walt Disney World from 1998 followed by "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs" from 2004. I have both of those and they have many recipes in common though the second one has a lot of unique recipes from the Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland that none of the other books have. I'm posting some of them as I transcribe them. And as far as I know the last book is Delicious Disney which also recycles many recipes from previous books - though it claims to be all new recipes. They have great pictures but lack any index - which really boggles the mind.

Hey everyone - this is an amazing thread!!! I just made the Pork Tenderloin and Polenta from the California Grill for dinner tonight. California Grill was our favorite restaurant we ate at during our honeymoon - this is what I had and just had to make it tonight to relive some Disney memories. It was so good!!! It really turned out perfect!!! Thanks so much to the person who posted this recipe! I also made the peanut butter pie from DCL (never tried it, but looked delish) for dessert! :goodvibes

There is no doubt the Disney Company liberally recycles its recipes from cookbook to cookbook. So if I'm understanding correctly Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook (1994) is the very same as Cooking with Mickey Around our World from 1986 or have I got that wrong?

I have Cooking with Mickey Vol 2 (purchased in 1982) and is this the same as Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook??

The next two in the series are "Cooking with Mickey and the Chefs of Walt Disney World from 1998 followed by "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs" from 2004. I have both of those and they have many recipes in common though the second one has a lot of unique recipes from the Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland that none of the other books have. I'm posting some of them as I transcribe them. And as far as I know the last book is Delicious Disney which also recycles many recipes from previous books - though it claims to be all new recipes. They have great pictures but lack any index - which really boggles the mind.

On the cover of the Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook it say's " Previously titled Cooking with Mickey" But the "Cooking with Mickey" isn't the same as the 1986 book, like I mentioned I have both books.

In the back of the Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook it says that the "Cooking with Mickey Vol 2" is the same as the 1986 book, just hard cover.

We might need to compare indexes to see if the Gourmet Cookbook is the same as the Cooking with Mickey Vol 2 (1982) and possibly the same as the Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook Vol 2.

I have 1 of the Disney Chef books but not sure which at the moment.

If there is a recipe for the Barbecue Beef Short Ribs from Concourse, can someone please direct me to it? I didn't see it on the index page. Unless I overlooked it. Thanks.

If there is a recipe for the Barbecue Beef Short Ribs from Concourse, can someone please direct me to it? I didn't see it on the index page. Unless I overlooked it. Thanks.

I'll add it to the request list. I've updated the index and request list and grouped the recipes by restaurant as well as course categories so everything should be easier to find. I'll wait till tomorrow to hear from lynninpa and then I'll (hopefully) get a mod help to edit both posts.

We have 4 requests for the Concourse Steakhouse which is slated to be closed - so if anyone is going there it would be wonderful if you could ask for these recipes. When posting a requested recipe could we perhaps quote the original request post? It makes it easier to keep the request list updated. :goodvibes

CONCOURSE STEAKHOUSE
879: Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
1452: Onion Ring Dipping Sauce
1660: Honey Ginger Chicken Wings
1834: Barbecue Beef Short Ribs

I'll add it to the request list. I've updated the index and request list and grouped the recipes by restaurant as well as course categories so everything should be easier to find. I'll wait till tomorrow to hear from lynninpa and then I'll (hopefully) get a mod help to edit both posts.

We have 4 requests for the Concourse Steakhouse which is slated to be closed - so if anyone is going there it would be wonderful if you could ask for these recipes. When posting a requested recipe could we perhaps quote the original request post? It makes it easier to keep the request list updated. :goodvibes

Has anyone heard anything?????:guilty:

Has anyone heard anything?????:guilty:

Nope - and can only think there may be no computer connection? I mean to not answer any PMs?

Made the Caramel French Toast from the Grand Californian Hotel (DS) for Easter Brunch and it was fabulous. Also made the Ham, Cheese and Spinach Strata from the Disney Family Fun Magazine which was a huge hit.
Still planning to make the Mango Flan that was just posted but may wait till tomorrow as we're all SO full, LOL.

Nope - and can only think there may be no computer connection? I mean to not answer any PMs?

I pray to God it's as simple as that. If someone in the family is terribly ill or worse, the last thing on their minds is logging in on the DIS.

Tiramisu
Victoria and Albert's, Citricos, and Narcoosee's, Grand Floridian Resort (From Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs 2004)
Yield: 12 to 16 servings

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup espresso coffee
1/4 cup dark rum
3 cups mascarpone cheese
3 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
12 Italian ladyfingers
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, for serving

Heat 1/2 cup water with one1/2 cup sugar in a 2-quart saucepan, stirring over medium heat, until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool. Stir in the espresso and a dark rum.
In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone, egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, and vanilla until very light and smooth. Add the heavy cream and beat for2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
Soak 5 ladyfingers in the coffee syrup and arrange them in the bottom of the 10" round, 4" deep bowl. Add a 2 inch layer of the mascarpone filling. Soak the remaining 7 ladyfingers in the coffee syrup and place on top of the mascarpone filling. Spoon in the remaining mascarpone filling and smooth the top.
Chill, covered for at least 4 hours before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle the tiramisu with cocoa powder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter