<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

subscribing and looking for the recipe for the Monte Cristo they used to have at a few places, including the All Star Resorts. Boy I miss that!

Monte Crisco Sandwich
This is the famous Monte Cristo sandwich recipe from the Blue Bayou, Disneyland
4 sandwiches 40 minutes prep

Monte Cristo Sandwich is served with currant jelly sauce. First prepare this, then make the batter. While it is chilling, put together the sandwiches. When the sandwiches are fried, the complete service is ready.
Currant Jelly Sauce
12 ounces red currant jelly (another version calls for 2/3 cup)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon half-and-half
Method: Combine jelly, water and half and half in blender and mix until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.

Fruit Compote
1 (12 ounce) jar of red currant jelly
1 (15 ounce) canned peaches. (or choose your favorite canned fruit).
Method: Combine your favorite fresh and canned fruits and chill well. Yield is about 1/2 cup per person.

Batter
2/3 cup water
1 small egg
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 ¾ tsp. baking powder
Method: Place water, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well at low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill.

Sandwiches
8 slices white bread
4 slices roasted cooked turkey ( 1 ounce per sandwich)
4 slices Tillamook Swiss cheese ( 1 ounce per sandwich)
4 slices smoked ham (Pullman)
vegetable oil, for frying

Make 4 sandwiches, putting cheese between ham and turkey. Cut into fourths and put a toothpick through each quarter.
Heat about 6" of soybean or vegetable oil to 340 degrees in a fryer. Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. Deep fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed. An alternate way of frying it to put approximately 1/4" oil in a large pan and fry the sandwiches on both sides until crispy and brown.
Remove from oil and take out toothpicks. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil. Sprinkle sandwiches with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit compote and currant jelly sauce.

Another recipe from Delicious Disney scanned by MKay.

Rosemary Grilled Lamb Chops with White Beans and Marinated Artichokes
Napa Rose Restaurant, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, Disneyland
Serves 8 - 10

16 to 20 lamb chops, 1 inch thick
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried red chili peppers
2 tablespoons coarse salt

1/4 cup minced garlic
1 cup finely chopped red onions
1 cup finely chopped fennel
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups high-quality cooked cannellini beans, drained
1 cup marinated baby artichokes
1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 cup corn
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 tablespoon dried red chili peppers
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 cups store-bought white balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cups fresh baby spinach

Seasoned lamb with rosemary, garlic, olive oil, red chili, and salt; marinate for at least 45 minutes.
Grill over medium hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes each side (for medium rare to medium).
Cooks Note: Lamb porterhouse is a good choice as they are usually meatier than other lamb chops.
White Beans and Marinated Artichokes
in a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic, onions, and fennel in olive oil for about 7-8 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add beans, marinated artichokes, tomatoes, corn, and chicken stock; simmer 2 minutes.
Add salt, red chili, lemon zest, and white balsamic vinaigrette; simmer2 more minutes. Add basil, parsley, and spinach. Simmer just until spinach begins to wilt.
Serve in a large bowl, family-style, or under the lamb chops.

What to Drink: Canoe Ridge, Merlot, Columbia Valley, Washington has a core of pure black cherry and blackberry, and rich full body that stands up to the grilled rosemary flavors.

:banana: I was toying with the idea of going to Disney World during my vacation at the beginning of January (even though nobody else wants to go with me at this time, LOL), so for the heck of it I put in a lowball bid at Skyauction for a Condo/Resort rental in Orlando. I wasn't expecting to get it for $4.00 (plus their base cost of $295) for seven nights, but I did. I think I found a $500 flight from Vancouver ,so looks like I'll be going solo on January 5. I'm going to call WDW dining tomorrow and see if there's any restaurants I can still book. I'll take the request list along with me and try my hardest to sweet talk the chefs into giving me the recipes. :laughing: Also have to check the other Dis threads about scoring some cheap entrance tickets.

Tatania,
Thank you for the great recipes! :thumbsup2 And have a wonderful adventure in January!!:woohoo:

Grand Floridian: Flourless Mocha Torte

serves 6

1 cup semisweet chocolate (or 1 8-ounce block)
2 Tbsp brewed coffee
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped

This sounds amazing... I just subscribed to this thread though it may cost me a few extra calories....:laughing:
These recipies sound great and will keep us excited until our next trip in June 2008......

Where do most people get these recipies from - cookbooks or do you ask a server?

Where do most people get these recipies from - cookbooks or do you ask a server?

Welcome! :thumbsup2 Some recipes are found online or in Disney cookbooks-others come from people who have asked their Disney server for a recipe for something they really enjoyed while at Disney. Enjoy! :upsidedow

Brown Derby: Thai Noodle Bowl

3 oz baby bok choy
½ oz shiitake mushroom
4 oz yellow Thai noodles
6 oz miso broth (see below)
1 oz shredded coconut meat
4 oz tofu, firm
1 oz lemon grass
1 & ½ oz red curry
1 & ¼ oz snow pea pod, fresh
½ oz scallion

Bread the tofu with coconut and pan fry. In a separate pan, add the bok choy, shiitake, carrots and deglaze with the miso broth. Finish with the noodles and summer curry, now place the nori* in a coupe bowl add the noodles and broth mixture, top with the tofu, garnish with lemon grass.

*Nori is not listed in the ingredients for some reason. Nori a sheet of seaweed, used in sushi as a wrap. Recipe is not dependent on nori for flavor.

Flavored Miso Broth:
2 qts water
2 oz miso
¼ each jalapeno-rough chopped and seeded
1 fluid oz soy sauce
1 fluid oz rice wine vinegar Marukan
½ oz ginger root, unpeeled rough chop
¼ oz lemon grass, rough chopped
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 oz garlic-smashed
6 fl oz tomato juice (fresh)

Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a slow simmer for one hour. Strain and serve.

Just wondering if anyone has made the NY Strip Steaks with Jack Daniels Glaze from Yachtsman Steakhouse? It is on my list of Disney recipes to try-sounds delish! :upsidedow

Just wondering if anyone has made the NY Strip Steaks with Jack Daniels Glaze from Yachtsman Steakhouse? It is on my list of Disney recipes to try-sounds delish! :upsidedow

I made them last summer and here were the comments I wrote at the time:

The glaze is on the sweet side and I added chives for balance. Marinade and glaze are very good if you like a sweeter taste.

Made this tonight and it's fast and very good.

Dulce De Leche, Caramelized Milk Pudding
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Argentina
Seves 6

4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I sifted it)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup Dulce de Leche Cream
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, for garnish

Preheat oven to 300°F and generously butter 8- inch cake pan. Beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale in color. Fold the flour into the egg mixture in 3 batches, adding the melted butter with the last batch. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Set the cake aside to cool on a wire rack.
In a small saucepan, combine Dulce de Leche Cream, coconut milk, and whole milk and bring to a boil. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cut the sponge cake into 1" inch cubes and divide them among 6 ramekins. Pour the warm Dulce de Leche Cream over the sponge cubes in each ramekin. Garnish each serving with a teaspoon of toasted almonds on top. Refrigerate for two hours and serve chilled.

I received this recipe from WDW today. It's the Griddled Pumpkin Bread that is no longer being served at the Liberty Tree Tavern. It was served with the Cider-cured Salmon, which is no longer on the menu.

Pumpkin Bread
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsps baking soda
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 TBS water
1 cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin

Blend dry ingredients together. Blend all wet ingredients together. Slowly add wet to dry ingredients. Portion into 4 oz "biscuits." Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. If toothpick comes out dry, "Bread" is done.

Thanks for the new recipe Lu -Ann. It's always exciting to read and collect a new one because I have most of the ones in the cookbooks or circulating online.

Ripe Plantain Casserole with Avocado
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Dominican Republic
Serves 4

I made the above casserole tonight (p. 28) even though, after a week of trying to force-ripen them, 5 out of 6 plantains were still green and hard. However,the other ingredients - also purchased a week ago- were going, so I went ahead.
With soft, ripe plantains this is potentially a very good recipe. It's like layering mashed potatoes with fried vegetables and cheese. With the mashed vegetable making up a good part of the dish (my plantains were large), it's important that their texture be right. Since mine were still so green, the "mash" was drier and crumblier than it should have been. I could probably have added a lot more butter to make it creamier, but I didn't want the extra calories.
I mashed the avocado garnish so it was like the dish that reader Lu-Ann had in Epcot. All in all, a good recipe and my son had a huge helping. I'll make it again if I can find some very soft and ripe plantains.

I booked the restaurants I wanted today for WDW, and I guess there's something to be said for traveling solo and in low season because I easily got everything I wanted. I've booked Boma, Whispering Canyon, California Grill, and Le Cellier. For the rest, I plan to just drop by (if I'm hungry), and take my chances.

Chocolate Lava Cake
California Grill, Disney's Contemporary Resort
Serves 6

8 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (the restaurant uses Valrhona)
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
5 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly buttered sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat was sugar, then shake out excess.
Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes.
Beat egg yolks and the whole eggs together in a large bowl. Add sugar and beat about 2 minutes, until thick and light. Fold in chocolate mixture. Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth. Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 35 to 40 minutes, or until sides of cakes are set and middle is still soft. Do not overbake.
Using a small knife, cut around sides of cake to loosen. Invert onto plates and serve with your favorite ice cream. The restaurant uses different ice creams like Strawberry, house-made White Coffee Ice Cream, Cappuccino Anglaise, White Chocolate etc.
Cooks Note: you can also use muffin tin; recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set and middle is still soft.

F&W Festival: Italy: Tortellini di Formaggio

(serves 4)

10 oz spinach tortellini
10 oz cheese tortellini
10 oz Bechamelle Sauce: 2 cups milk, 3oz butter, 3oz flour, 1 pinch nutmeg
3 oz. button mushrooms
3 oz parmigiano cheese
4 oz prosciutto ham
5 leaves fresh sage

Clean and slice mushrooms in thin slices and sauté in a small amount of olive oil. Slice the prosciutto in small 3/4 inch strips (julienne). Grate your parmigano cheese into a bowl. Make your bechameele sauce: Bring milk to a boil with a pinch of nutmeg. In a separate skillet melt the butter and stir the flour in obtaining a roux. Whisk in milk, stirring constantly. Cook on low heat 20-25 minutes. Boil the tortellini in salted water. Drain and combine with prosciutto, mushrooms, and bechamelle together with the sage and parmigiano in a skillet on low flame.

:wave2: I hope everyone is enjoying The Disney Recipe Exchange!
If you have tried a recipe, please do come back and let us know how it turned out!
Or if you have any questions or other comments, let's chat! :upsidedow

I want to try this recipe but there seems to be a time missing or maybe I'm not reading it right...

"Add the barley and lentils and cook for an additional ____ minutes, or until the greens are well coated in oil."

Also are "the greens" mentioned the lentils or the scallions?

Thanks,

Still waiting for the Food and Wine festival recipe or can you tell me where to buy the cookbook?:hourglass

Could this be the chicken recipe that you are looking for, Camp Rd. Lady? Let me know! :upsidedow

F&W Festival: Mexico: Chilaquiles

1 pound skinned boneless chicken breasts
½ cup thinly sliced onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
Sat to taste
1 ½ cups water
10 ounces corn chips
1 ½ pounds Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Put the water, salt, garlic, onion and chicken breasts in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer until chicken breasts are tender. Remove from broth and shred the chicken breasts when they are cool enough to handle. Set aside. Divide the corn chips among 8 individual ramekins and spoon one tablespoon of Green sauce in each ramekin. Divide the chicken among the ramekins, and top with the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with a spoonful of sour cream, drizzle with green sauce, sour cream and sprinkle with green onions.

Green Sauce
2 pounds tomatillos, outer skin removed
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded
1 cup water
3 T. olive oil
1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste

In a medium sized pan cook the tomatillos, peppers and water until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the tomatillos are tender-cool. When cool, place in blender and puree. In a sauté pan, heat the oil and add the onions, garlic and tomatillo puree-sauté for 10 minutes and add cilantro and salt.

Garnish
8 ounces sour cream
Green onion finely sliced

I want to try this recipe but there seems to be a time missing or maybe I'm not reading it right...

"Add the barley and lentils and cook for an additional ____ minutes, or until the greens are well coated in oil."

Also are "the greens" mentioned the lentils or the scallions?

Thanks,

"Heat half the oil in a 3 - 4 quart heavy pot over moderate heat and add the scallion, squash and cayenne, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the barley and lentils and cook for an additional minute, or until the grains are well coated in oil.
Stir in the stock and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed and the grains are tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining oil, vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper."

Ack, above is the corrected sentence. I didn't catch the error after I typed it from the cookbook because the Spellcheck wasn't indicating that the words were a mistake.

This is such a tastely salad or side dish and I'm going to go back and make sure there's no other mistakes in the recipe.

So sorry about that :o

Chicken Drums Glazed with Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Hops & Barley Market
Serves 6

3 pounds chicken drums

FOR THE GLAZE
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bottle Samuel Adams Boston Lager
1 cup chili-garlic sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and cook the shallot and garlic until soft. Add the beer and the remaining glaze ingredients and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until reduced by half. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
Arrange the chicken drums in a baking dish, large enough to hold the drums in one layer. Pour the cooled beer glaze over the chicken and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, basting occasionally.
In the meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the blue cheese dressing in a small bowl. Taste for seasoning and divide the sauce among six small ramekins.
To serve, divide the drums among six plates, drizzle with a little of the glaze and place a ramekin of blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping the chicken.

This is the last of 3 recipes for the Hops & Barley Market section of the 2007cookbook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter