<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Drinking a Grey Goose Slushie right now- delicious!! We didn't have the exact ingredients on hand so we made do with what we had, but it tastes really close to Disney. We used 1 cup of plain vodka (didn't have the citron flavor - will probably try this weekend), 1/3 cup of frozen Minute Maid lemonade and ice mixed in a blender. DH liked it like that but I thought it was a little too vodka tasting for me (I don't usually drink vodka) so he added a little more frozen lemonade. Now it's perfect, except for the brain freeze I just got drinking it too fast!! :rotfl2:

Hello :wave2:
I have spent the last 4 days catching up on your posts and copying recipes! This site is awesome! I'm a FL resident so we go to Disney everytime we have out of state visitors. I just can't wait to try some of these on DH!! Thanks for the wonderful job all of you have done collecting these PRICELESS TREASURES :cheer2:

I have the recipe posted on another thread...will get the link and add it in a few...! :thumbsup2

Here it is:

Irish Brown Bread
from the 2007 F&W Cookbook
***I think this is the one they also serve at Raglan Road

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking (not instant) Irish Oatmeal
1 tbs oats for top of bread
1/4 cup wheat or oat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs dark brown sugar
1/2 canola oil
2 cups buttermilk

Preheat oven to 400.

butter loaf pan.

In a large bowl mix dry ingredients thoroughly and make a well in the middle.

Mix butter milk and oil and stir into dry ingredients with a wooded spoon.

Knead gently until smooth.

Spoon batter into pan and with the back of a spoon make a small well in the center of the batter. sprinkle remaining oats in the well.

Bake for 50 -55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.

Cool on a rack.

Serve with butter, cheese or a dipping sauce.

Raglan Road Dipping Sauce
The waiter gave me this recipe...

Mix equal amounts of Guiness and packed Light Brown Sugar in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat until it becomes syrupy.

ETA: I just cut the end off the bread and drizzled it with the dipping sauce...it came out yummy! Its a pretty dense bread...so good!

Does anyone know how much Canola Oil to add? It just says 1/2...but is it 1/2 of a cup? Sorry to sound stupid...but this will be my first ever attempt at making any type of bread and I don't want to ruin it!
Thanks!

Drinking a Grey Goose Slushie right now- delicious!!

I've enjoyed those at home too but I used a homemade sweet/sour mix. Next time I'll use frozen lemonade.

Hello :wave2:
I have spent the last 4 days catching up on your posts and copying recipes! This site is awesome! I'm a FL resident so we go to Disney everytime we have out of state visitors.

If you to any any of the restaurants at WDW, could you try and get recipes for either the outstanding requests on our list or for new items that we may not have yet. The menus keep changing and there's always new dishes and new recipes to get. Our index and request list (post #5) is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

Does anyone know how much Canola Oil to add? It just says 1/2...but is it 1/2 of a cup? Sorry to sound stupid...but this will be my first ever attempt at making any type of bread and I don't want to ruin it!
Thanks!

I have the Cookbook and it's 1/2 cup of oil. Not everyone is a fan of Irish Brown Bread as it can be rather dry. It's best eaten fresh from the oven.

This came from the Yahoo Disney Recipe Group. BTW I'm in touch with Kona Cafe's Chef regarding the dinner bread and, like the recipe below, Disney kitchens make large batches - lile any professional kitchen. They make 120 pounds of bread at a time and he'll see if he can break that down into something that works for a home kitchen - but no guarantees.

Boardwalk Bakery Pretzels
Boardwalk Bakery, Yacht & Beach Club Resort

32 pounds Sugar Cookie dough (ROOM TEMPERATURE) or 1 case sugar dough = 16#
20 ounces cocoa powder
32 ounces chocolate chip
10 each puff pastry sheets
Coarse (pearl) sugar to decorate

1. Combine Sugar dough, cocoa powder and chocolate chips till just combined, if mixed too, it long will become tough.
2. Weigh out chocolate dough to 7 pounds and roll out evenly between to 11 x 15 puff pastry sheets. Dampen the insides of the puff pastry with water to adhere to the sugar dough.
3. Cut into strips 3/4 " thick width, and twist into a pretzel.
4. Before baking, spray with water, coat with coarse sugar,
5. Bake 375 17-20 minutes until done.
* For ESPN Club Version, roll to 11" straight stick.

<snip>
This came from the Yahoo Disney Recipe Group. BTW I'm in touch with Kona Cafe's Chef regarding the dinner bread and, like the recipe below, Disney kitchens make large batches - lile any professional kitchen. They make 120 pounds of bread at a time and he'll see if he can break that down into something that works for a home kitchen - but no guarantees.

Boardwalk Bakery Pretzels
Boardwalk Bakery, Yacht & Beach Club Resort

32 pounds Sugar Cookie dough (ROOM TEMPERATURE) or 1 case sugar dough = 16#
20 ounces cocoa powder
32 ounces chocolate chip
10 each puff pastry sheets
Coarse (pearl) sugar to decorate

1. Combine Sugar dough, cocoa powder and chocolate chips till just combined, if mixed too, it long will become tough.
2. Weigh out chocolate dough to 7 pounds and roll out evenly between to 11 x 15 puff pastry sheets. Dampen the insides of the puff pastry with water to adhere to the sugar dough.
3. Cut into strips 3/4 " thick width, and twist into a pretzel.
4. Before baking, spray with water, coat with coarse sugar,
5. Bake 375 17-20 minutes until done.
* For ESPN Club Version, roll to 11" straight stick.

OMG! Those sound incredible!! :teeth: I might just have to try these. I did some quick calculations based on a pound of cookie dough...not nearly enough I'm sure. :lmao: But the Pillsbury refrigerated dough is 16.5 oz per tube, so it's about a pound.

1 tube of dough
2½ Tbl of cocoa*
2 Tbl of chips**
about 1/3 sheet of puff pastry

*From my list of equivalents:
Cocoa 1 lb = 4 cups, so 20 oz = 5 cups. 20 divided by 32 is 0.625, which is 5/8 oz.

** The bag of Nestle morsels nutrition info says:
1 Tbl = 14 grams. Using the online converter, 14 g = 0.493835 oz. So 2 Tbl plus a couple extra pieces should do it. ;)

Can you tell i took this recipe seriously? I'm seriously going to try these this way instead of making a batch of sugar cookie dough from scratch & trying to weigh it. :rotfl:

I can't imagine how to roll cookie dough BETWEEN sheets of pastry:confused3 unless it means roll to fit between pastry:confused3

Let me know how it works out, sounds yummy :thumbsup2

DSC03195.jpg

picture by Pirate Me

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Wolfgang Puck Café, Downtown Disney
Serves 4 – 6

Mexican Cream:
1 lime, juiced
11/2 cups sour cream
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa:
5 Roma tomatoes
2 dried chipotle chiles, reconstituted in warm water to cover until soft, then drained
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup olive oil

Quesadillas:
1/4 cup peanut oil
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Peanut oil
1 red onion, sliced
1/4 to 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup shredded fontina cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons butter

1. Make the Mexican Cream: In a nonreactive bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
2. Make the Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa: Over a hot grill, roast the tomatoes until blackened all over. Transfer to a bowl and add the chipotles. Cover and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add the lime juice, basil, and garlic and marinate for 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse until chunky. Transfer to a nonreactive bowl and add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the refrigerator.
3. To start the Quesadillas: In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut oil, ginger, garlic, cilantro, green onion, and red pepper. Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat them well, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The next day, preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and season all over with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough peanut oil to coat the bottom. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove the pan from the oven, leave the chicken to cool slightly, and then cut it into 1/2-inch dice and put the dice in a mixing bowl.
6. Preheat a grill or grill pan. Drizzle the onion slices with oil and place them on the grill. Cook until the onions are tender and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
7. Add enough of the barbecue sauce to the mixing bowl to coat the chicken to your taste. Place 4 tortillas on a flat work surface. In a separate bowl, toss together the fontina and mozzarella cheeses. Evenly distribute about half of the cheese mixture among the 4 tortillas. Then, evenly spread all of the chicken and the onions on top of the cheese and top them with the remaining cheese and the 4 remaining tortillas.
8. Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until it is foamy. Carefully transfer 1 quesadilla to the pan and cook, pressing down with a spatula to seal the tortillas together as the cheese melts, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, turning the quesadilla very carefully. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
9. With a sharp knife, cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges, transferring them to a serving plate. Top each serving with Mexican Cream and Salsa, or pass them for guests to add to taste.

Thanks!

It is half a cup. At least that is how much I have used and had very good results.

I imagine I'll be making a loaf or two next month, just in time for st. patrick's day!

GB

Hello All!
I e-mailed Raglan Road directly and wanted to share the response I received! I have enjoyed so many of the recipes shared on this site, and i'm so happy to finally be able to contribute!:cheer2:

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your e-mail, we are glad you enjoyed the brown bread and Guinness glaze dip at Raglan Road. Please find attached our recipes for both, the brown bread recipe actually belong to the mother of our Signature Chef Kevin Dundon, it's an old family recipe

We hope you enjoy it,

Kind Regards,

Lorraine Gorham
Sales & Marketing
Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ph: 407-938-0300
Fx: 407-938-0305
E-mail: lorraine@raglanroadirishpub.com
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

And here is the recipe she sent:

Guinness Brown Bread

½ cups Guinness

¾ lb Whole meal flour (whole wheat)

4 lb AP Flour

1 tbsp Salt

1 tbsp Baking soda

4 cups Oats, rolled

4 oz Molasses

2 qt Buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350
Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and add in the buttermilk in three batches as you mix and fold by hand lightly; the mixture should be quite sticky.
Portion in to greased or buttered muffin pans
Bake in the oven until golden brown and it makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom

Enjoy with Kerry gold butter or Guinness reduction and Olive oil

Guinness Reduction

1 pint Guinness

1 pint Sugar

Combine the Guinness and sugar in a large stockpot.
Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until reduced by half (approx 1 hour).
Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature

Do not leave the pot unattended while it is coming to a boil as it may boil over.

A couple recipes I'd collected that I didn't see in the index...

Fettuccini with Prosciutto and Peas
from Spoodles, BoardWalk
Yield - 2 servings.

½ lb uncooked fettuccini noodles
2 Tbl unsalted butter
2 Tbl finely chopped shallots
¼ c white wine
1 c heavy cream
½ c plus 2 Tbl freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
¼ lb julienned prosciutto ham
¾ c sweet peas
dash kosher salt
dash freshly cracked black pepper

Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Chill in ice water. Drain thoroughly and set aside until ready to use.
Place a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add unsalted butter to pan to melt. When butter is liquid and hot, add shallots and sauté for 1 minute or until shallots begin to brown.

Deglaze the pan with white wine and let reduce in volume by half. Add heavy cream and let simmer 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and add the ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, stirring until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto and peas to the pan.

When mixture is hot, add cooked pasta to the pan and toss until all ingredients are well-combined. Pour onto platter and top with 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano and additional black pepper.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Fudge Mud Slide
Beaches & Cream, Beach Club
Yield: 1 sundae

1 brownie
½ c hot fudge topping
3 Tbl whipped cream
1 Oreo Cookie, crushed
2 tsp chocolate syrup
¼ c almonds, sliced and chopped
1½ c vanilla ice cream
1 maraschino cherry

Place brownie in a large bowl or sundae dish. Add ice cream and top with hot fudge sauce and crushed cookie. Add whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with almonds and top with a cherry.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
from Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yacht Club

4 medium/large russet potatoes
1 Tbl butter
1 Tbl minced fresh garlic (3-4 cloves)
¾ c water
½ c cream
¾ tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Bake the potatoes by first rubbing them lightly with oil and then baking them in the preheated oven for 1 hour until they are tender. Cool.
3. Mash potatoes and remove about half of the skin. You want to leave the rest in.
4. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring often until garlic mashed potatoes are very hot.
Serves 4.

HAZELNUT CHICKEN
Rodney Amos/Big River Grille – BoardWalk Villas
Serves: 4

8 oz oil
4 chicken breasts
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Egg wash (2 whole eggs beaten plus 2 cups milk)
1 c flour
2 Tbl crushed hazelnuts
2 Tbl breadcrumbs
4 Tbl sundried cherries
4 Tbl chopped hazelnuts
4 Tbl chopped parsley
8 oz hazelnut sauce (recipe follows)

Pound each chicken breast with mallet. Season with salt and pepper. Mix two tablespoons crushed hazelnuts with two tablespoons breadcrumbs. Dip each breast in flour, then egg wash, and then roll each breast in hazelnut/breadcrumb mixture. Place sauté pan over medium high heat. Add oil. Add chicken and sauté until toasted, approximately 2½ to 3 minutes. Using spatula, carefully turn chicken over and sauté second side until golden brown, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon hazelnut sauce over chicken. Sprinkle sundried cherries, hazelnuts and parsley evenly over each chicken breast.

Hazelnut Sauce

1 oz oil
3 oz minced shallots
1 c white wine
5 oz sundried cherries
2 c heavy cream
1½ c hazelnut liquor
2 oz butter

Place sauté pan over medium high heat. Add oil. Add shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add white wine. Add sundried cherries. Stir well. Reduce liquid by 50%. Add butter and whisk until well blended. Bring to boil, simmer for two minutes. Add heavy cream, return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Using hand mixer, puree until small pieces of sundried cherries are left; do not puree smooth. Add hazelnut liquor; stir to blend. Cool and refrigerate until needed.

Linguine with Prosciutto and Mascarpone
Spoodles

1½ c mascarpone cheese
1 egg yolk
½ tsp ground nutmeg
3 Tbl olive oil
4 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and halved
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1 lb dried linguine pasta
12 Tbl unsalted butter
3 oz thin-sliced prosciutto, cut into small strips
12 sage leaves
1 Tbl parsley, chopped

Combine the mascarpone, egg yolk and nutmeg; set aside. Heat a large sauté pan until it is very hot, then add olive oil and tomatoes cut-side down. Sear tomatoes over high heat for 5 minutes or until brown, season with salt and pepper and set aside. Bring 2 gallons of water with 3 tablespoons of salt to boil. Add pasta, and cook according to brand instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water, and place pasta in a warm serving bowl. In a saucepan, cook the butter, prosciutto and sage over medium heat until the butter becomes brown. Add the butter mixture to the pasta with the mascarpone and reserved pasta water. Garnish with the seared tomatoes and the parsley.

Mediterranean Pizza
Spoodles
Yield: 2 pizzas.

Crust:
2 c high gluten flour (cake flour)
1 c water (110 F)
1 Tbl olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp yeast

Toppings:
3 Tbl peeled and small-diced eggplant
3 Tbl small-diced zucchini
3 Tbl small-diced portobello mushrooms
3 Tbl thin-sliced roasted red peppers
3 Tbl thin-sliced red onions
3 Tbl small-diced yellow tomatoes
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp granulated garlic
½ tsp cumin
1 - 1½ Tbl olive oil

1. For the crust, put flour in the work bowl of a tabletop mixer with a dough hook attachment. Combine remaining dough ingredients, making sure the water does not exceed 110 F. Mix with flour until well-blended. Remove from mixer and remove hook. Cover dough with a dry dish towel for 30 minutes to rise. Punch down dough and portion into 2 (12 oz) balls. Cover with plastic wrap so the dough doesn't form a hard crust. Refrigerate until needed.

2. For the toppings, toss each with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, just to coat. Roast each topping separately in 450 F degree oven until soft, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Combine all roasted toppings with the seasonings.

3. Heat oven to 500 F with a pizza stone for 30 minutes.

4. Place dough balls on a well-floured surface. Roll out with a rolling pin to desired size. Starting in the middle of each round, spread vegetable mixture until dough is covered. Place on heated pizza stone. Bake until crust is golden and vegetables are cooked through, about 15 minutes.

Chef's variations: If desired, add a tomato or pesto sauce to the crust before adding the vegetables. You can also add shredded cheese.

ONION CHEESE SOUP
Yacht Club Galley

3 large Spanish onions
4 Tbl butter
4 Tbl flour
2 c milk
2 c chicken stock or broth
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp mace
1 egg yolk, beaten
1 c mild cheddar cheese, grated

Melt butter in a 4-qt saucepot on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned. Add flour and cook an additional 5 minutes until butter and flour are well blended. Slowly add milk and chicken stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Season with salt, pepper and mace and continue to cook until soup thickens. Whisk in egg yolk slowly and add grated cheese. Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat. Serve immediately.

Peeky Toe Crab Cakes aka Tiny Crab Cakes
Flying Fish Café, Boardwalk
Yield: 28 small crab cakes.

6 c soft fresh bread crumbs, divided
1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
½ c red onion, finely chopped
½ c red bell pepper, finely chopped
½ c green bell pepper, finely chopped
½ c green onions
½ c mayonnaise
1 poblano chili seeded, and minced
4 large egg yolks
2 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tbl chopped fresh parsley
1¾ tsp salt, or to taste
1¼ tsp ground pepper, or to taste
½ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 c all-purpose flour
5 large eggs
½ c vegetable oil for frying

Chili remoulade

2 tsp ancho chili powder
2 tsp water
1½ c mayonnaise
¼ c red onion, finely chopped
¼ c dill pickles
2 Tbl capers, drained and chopped
2 Tbl flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 Tbl fresh tarragon, finely chopped
2 Tbl fresh chives, snipped
2 Tbl lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

1. For the chili remoulade, combine chili powder with water and let stand for 10 minutes. Combine chili mixture with mayonnaise, onion, pickles, capers, parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill.

2. For cakes, stir 2 cups crumbs, crab, onions, bell peppers, mayonnaise, chili, yolks, lemon juice, parsley, ¾ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground pepper and cayenne pepper.

3. Form 28 crab cakes, using about 2 tablespoons crab mixture for each and shaping to about 1½ inches in diameter.

4. On plate, stir flour and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. In shallow bowl, with fork, lightly beat eggs. Place remaining bread crumbs on plate. Dip each crab cake into flour, shaking off excess, then into egg, shaking off excess, and finally into bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Place cakes on wire rack.

5. In skillet, heat ¼ cup oil over medium-high heat. Fry cakes, in batches, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; keep warm. Add more oil as necessary. Serve with remoulade.

Plum Galette
from Spoodles, Boardwalk Resort

Dough:
3 Tbl cream cheese
1/3 c ice-cold water
1 c all-purpose flour
¼ c cornmeal
1 Tbl sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ cinnamon stick, coarsely ground in coffee grinder, or ½ tsp ground cinnamon
6 Tbl cold butter, cut into small pieces

Blend cream cheese and water in a small bowl with a fork and set aside. In a large bowl, use a fork to mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Drop the butter pieces into the flour mixture, tossing just enough to coat them. Then work the butter into the flour with a pastry blender or large fork. Sprinkle the cream cheese mixture over the dough 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing gently with a fork. Press dough with hands just enough to form a ball. (Dough should be moist enough to stick together. If it is not, add additional ice water.) Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 equal balls and quickly roll each into a 6-inch circle. (The less you handle the dough, the flakier your cooked pastry will be.) Place dough on a sheet lined with wax paper, and chill for 2 hours.

Filling:
½ lb Italian plums, pitted and quartered
2 Tbl granulated sugar
2 cinnamon sticks, each cut in 2 pieces
1 Tbl red wine
2 whole cloves
Mix plums with sugar, cinnamon, red wine and cloves, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove cloves and divide the filling into 4 equal portions with 1 cinnamon stick each.

To finish:
1 Tbl butter
1½ tsp granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Divide the filling among the 4 discs and overlap dough edges to make a nest. Dot each with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place in refrigerator for another 30 minutes, then bake galettes for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on racks. Serve warm, topped with ice cream if you like.

Spicy Vegetable Stew
from Spoodles, Boardwalk Resort
Serves 4

1 bunch broccoli rabe, cleaned and blanched (or 1 bunch broccoli florets)
½ lb small red bliss potatoes, blanched and wedged
1 head garlic, roasted and halved
7 Tbl olive oil
1 small eggplant, diced large
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
4 Tbl dry white wine
1½ c canned Italian whole peeled tomatoes
3½ oz goat cheese, crumbled or sliced

Prepare vegetables as directed. (To roast garlic, place in small baking pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. To blanch, place broccoli in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes and potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes. ) Set all aside. In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the eggplant and cook until slightly browned, then add broccoli rabe, potatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add wine and cook for just 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook a couple more minutes, until it is not too thin or watery. Serve in bowls, topped with goat cheese.

White Chocolate Cheesecake
Disney Beach Club Resort

8 oz white choc. melted
½ c flour
3 lb cream cheese
6 eggs
1¼ c sugar
1 c heavy cream
1 Tbl vanilla

Grease two 10" springform pans. Preheat oven to 300 F. Place cream cheese, sugar and flour in mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each one. Scrape down bowl and add melted chocolate. While mixer is running on low speed add vanilla slowly and heavy cream. blend well. Pour mixture into springform pans. Place cheesecake pans in a water bath filled with warm water . Bake for 50 -60 minutesor until center of cheesecake is just firm. Cool at room temp. for one hour. Refrig. till set before removing from pans.

Sauce for topping.

1 c heavy cream
2 c white chocolate finely chopped
2 oz orange liqueur

Place heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over white chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon till melted. Add orange Liqueur and continue stiring until all incorporated. Pour over chilled cheesecake and serve.

WHITE CHOCOLATE CREME BRULEE aka CREMA COTTA CARAMELLATA
Portobello Yacht Club
Yield: 4 Servings

5 lg Egg yolks
½ c Sugar
2 c Whipping cream
3 oz White chocolate imported, finely chopped
¼ tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tbl Sugar

Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 300F. Whisk egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl. Bring cream and remaining ¼ cup sugar to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add chopped chocolate to cream mixture and whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk hot chocolate mixture into yolk mixture. Mix in vanilla.
Ladle custard into four 10-oz. custard cups (or creme brulee cups). Place cups in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups. Bake until custards are set in center, about 1 hour. Remove custards from water and cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle ½ tablespoon sugar over each custard. Broil until sugar caramelizes, watching carefully, about 2 minutes. Serve hot, or refrigerate up to 1 hour and serve cold.

Index updated through this post.

I requested the French Toast recipe from the Plaza Inn. The response was incomplete and doesn't note that it's from the Plaza Inn. It's not what my family remembers. Maybe they changed their offering? Does anyone recognize this sandwich french toast with caramel sauce?

2 slices thick bread
8 oz milk
1 ea fresh eggs
2 oz vanilla sauce
4 oz caramel sauce

Soak bread in batter mix of eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Place on hot grill or saute pan; brown evenly on both sides of bread. Spread vanilla sauce on the toast and sandwich together. Cut toast in half diagonally. Cover with hot carmel sauce

Bananas Foster Sauce
1/2 lb sweet butter
3/4 lb brown sugar
27 oz heavy cream
melt butter, add brown sugar and melt; then add cream, simmer and you're done.

Vanilla Sauce
8 ea egg yolks
8T granulated sugar
4 c milk
2 each vanilla beans, split and scraped

In a metal bowl, "cream" together the yolks and sugar. In a saucepan, combine together the milk and vanilla beans, bring to a boil then remove from heat. Add a little of the heated milk to the egg mixture to temper it then add the tempered egg mixture to the heated milk. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes until lightlky thickened; do not boil again. Cool the thickened mixture in an ice bath.

My husband used 8 slices of bread to 8 oz of milk and 4 eggs with 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (quantity not mentioned in the recipe). For the Caramel Sauce (Bananas Foster Sauce??) he used 1/4 C butter, 1/2 C brown sugar and 1 C heavy cream. He also used 2 egg yolks, 2T sugar 1C milk and 1/2 vanilla bean for the Vanilla Sauce. The result was excellent :thumbsup2 - but not sure where they serve it.:confused3

Hello,
This is my first post, so please let me know if I do it correctly!
I received the following recipes from Le Cellier:

Prime Rib
Le Cellier, Canada Pavilion- Epcot

Ingredients for Prime Rib
12 ounces prime rib
1 ounces veal demi-glaze

Ingredients for veal demi-glaze
3 pounds of veal bones
¾ pound of pig’s feet
½ carrot, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped shallots (about 1)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ cup red wine
1 small can tomato paste
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
1 whole bay leaf
1 whole peppercorn
2 quarts water

Method of Preparation

1. Roast bones in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.
2. Spread with tomato paste.
3. Wrap rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and peppercorn in a piece of cheesecloth.
4. Deglaze pans with red wine and add all other ingredients in a large pot.
5. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Remove cheesecloth.
7. Remove and discard bones.
8. Reserve liquid.
9. Use gravy separator to skim fat (or let cool, then refrigerate until fat has solidified, at least 2 hours and lift off and discard fat).
10. Thicken with cornstarch.
11. Salt and pepper to taste.
12. Cook prime rib to your liking.
13. Add 1 ounce of veal demi-glaze

Truffle Buerre Blanc
Le Cellier, Canada Pavilion, Epcot

Ingredients
1 each shallot - sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 ounce truffle oil
1/4 cup butter -- cubed
1 each lemon -- juice of
to taste kosher salt
to taste pepper
1 tablespoon chives -- minced fine

Method of Preparation
1. Sauté shallots in the olive oil until translucent.
2. Add wine and vinegar and reduce by 90 percent.
3. Add the cream and reduce by 75 percent.
4. Remove from heat, and whip in the butter and truffle oil.
5. Season with salt and pepper and then add lemon juice to taste.
6. Strain.
7. Stir in chives and keep warm.

I requested the French Toast recipe from the Plaza Inn. The response was incomplete and doesn't note that it's from the Plaza Inn. It's not what my family remembers. Maybe they changed their offering? Does anyone recognize this sandwich french toast with caramel sauce?

This looks extremely similar to the recipe for Caramel French Toast
from the Storyteller’s Café, Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, Disneyland - except that the quantities are much larger. That recipe also had Vanilla & Caramel sauces. I made it for brunch last Easter and it was very good. I don't see the recipe listed in our index so added below. Except for the difference in quantities it looks very similar doesn't it?

Caramel French Toast

from the Storyteller’s Café, Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, Disneyland
Disney Magazine, Winter 2003-2004

Caramel sauce
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream

Vanilla sauce
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped

French toast
1 jumbo egg
1 cup whole milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
8 pieces Texas toast

Make caramel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and mix well. Add cream and bring to simmer. Keep warm until needed.

Make vanilla sauce: whisk together the yolks and sugar in a small bowl. In a saucepan, bring the milk and vanilla beans to a low boil, then remove from heat. Add a little of the heated milk to the egg mixture to temper it, then add the tempered egg mixture to the heated milk. Simmer over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened, but do not boil. Transfer to a bowl and set aside in an ice bath.

In a shallow bowl, beat together egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Individually add a tablespoon of butter. One at a time, dip the bread in the milk mixture and place in skillet. Evenly brown both sides of the bread. Transfer to a plate and spread a spoonful or two of vanilla sauce on one slice. Top with second slice to create sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally. Cover with a couple of spoonfuls of warm caramel sauce.

givawoof - Thank you so much for coming and posting that recipe. It's so wonderful to see other people requesting and getting recipes because I have to be very careful about wearing out my welcome with the Disney Chefs, LOL. I'm also following Weight Watchers again, so can't try out quite as many recipes as before - though I will experiment with low-fat versions of stuff. I made the Apple -Jicama Salad last night (from Boma) and it was a very tasty.

The amounts you have for the sauces are pretty close to what my husband used when he "downsized" the recipe. Not sure about 1 egg for 8 pieces of toast though - I would use more than that. Also, the recipe they gave us was missing a quantity for the vanilla extract. It's a good recipe though. Next time we go to Disneyland, we'll ask for the Plaza Inn recipe when we are there.

Looking for recipes from Grand Floridian's Garden Tea. We ate there last week and loved everything we ate. I will take any recipe, but here are our biggest requests:

1) Scones - super yummy and served warm
2) Roasted Pear and Gorgonzola tea sandwich
3) Chicken Salad from the Mrs. Potts tea (for kids)
4) Chicken Salad tea sandwich (made with orange marmalade and almonds(?))
5) Onion Tart

Also, I thought there was a previous post for Boma's Apple Vinagrette, but for some reason I can't find it.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:worship:

This is the response from the chef at the Grand Floridian.

"Here you go from GF! Note that the Mrs. Potts tea doesn't have a chicken salad sandwich though. The attached is the only chicken salad sandwich that we make.

jef"

Chicken Almond Tea Sandwich
Garden View Tea

Recipe Yield: 4 cups, enough for 20 tea sandwiches

2 cups Chicken, salt and peppered, steamed
1 1/3 cups Cream Cheese
6 tbsp Orange Marmalade
dash Salt
2/3 cups Toasted Almonds, sliced

1. Place first three ingredients in a food processor.
2. Blend until almost smooth.
3. Add the almonds and salt, then process until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

This is the response from the chef at the Grand Floridian.

"Here you go from GF! Note that the Mrs. Potts tea doesn't have a chicken salad sandwich though. The attached is the only chicken salad sandwich that we make.

jef"

Chicken Almond Tea Sandwich
Garden View Tea

Recipe Yield: 4 cups, enough for 20 tea sandwiches

2 cups Chicken, salt and peppered, steamed
1 1/3 cups Cream Cheese
6 tbsp Orange Marmalade
dash Salt
2/3 cups Toasted Almonds, sliced

1. Place first three ingredients in a food processor.
2. Blend until almost smooth.
3. Add the almonds and salt, then process until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Bless You!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter