~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

Okay, I have finally read all 50 pages of this thread! Whew! Already asked Elevationist to add me to the roll call.
I recognize several folks from the Minnie Holiday Dine waiting to open thread. Boy, was that exciting since it didn't open until 6:45am and then there was no seperate listing just the Fantasmic.
So introducing myself - Me, DH, DD15 and DD16 are going to spend Christmas with the mouse. My DH and I took our DS way back in 1990 from Dec 26-Jan 3 before they had all the cool stuff they have now. My DH HATED Disney at Christmas, the crowds, the lines etc and swore never again. Luckily, we had two more daughters a handful of years down the line lol.
We took them in 2011 for Flower & Garden and Star Wars Weekend. Hubby decided we would go back for Food & Wine and MNSSHP in 2012.. The DD's officially caught the Disney bug and we promised them Christmas someday. Realizing they are now in High school this is the year!
Details, Dec 19 and 20th stopping at Cabana Bay Universal as we saw the first Harry Potter Land and want to see the new one. Then Dec 21-26 staying at AoA in a cars suite. My parents who live in Florida are joining us. They usually stay at AKL with a balcony and animals, so this is going to be a big change for them lol.
Doing Deluxe plan so the grumbly DH can sit down to eat without standing in lines. Booked all our ADRs and got pretty much what I wanted. Now, waiting to do FPs and for Disney to set the final schedule for shows hours etc.
Happy to finally find this thread. Not sure how I missed it since we booked last year at Christmas, but I couldn't remember my old DIS name or what email I used 3 years ago, so didn't make a new one until summer.
End of my novella. And I am finally in double digits 98 days to go!

Okay, I have finally read all 50 pages of this thread! Whew! Already asked Elevationist to add me to the roll call.
I recognize several folks from the Minnie Holiday Dine waiting to open thread. Boy, was that exciting since it didn't open until 6:45am and then there was no seperate listing just the Fantasmic.
So introducing myself - Me, DH, DD15 and DD16 are going to spend Christmas with the mouse. My DH and I took our DS way back in 1990 from Dec 26-Jan 3 before they had all the cool stuff they have now. My DH HATED Disney at Christmas, the crowds, the lines etc and swore never again. Luckily, we had two more daughters a handful of years down the line lol.
We took them in 2011 for Flower & Garden and Star Wars Weekend. Hubby decided we would go back for Food & Wine and MNSSHP in 2012.. The DD's officially caught the Disney bug and we promised them Christmas someday. Realizing they are now in High school this is the year!
Details, Dec 19 and 20th stopping at Cabana Bay Universal as we saw the first Harry Potter Land and want to see the new one. Then Dec 21-26 staying at AoA in a cars suite. My parents who live in Florida are joining us. They usually stay at AKL with a balcony and animals, so this is going to be a big change for them lol.
Doing Deluxe plan so the grumbly DH can sit down to eat without standing in lines. Booked all our ADRs and got pretty much what I wanted. Now, waiting to do FPs and for Disney to set the final schedule for shows hours etc.
Happy to finally find this thread. Not sure how I missed it since we booked last year at Christmas, but I couldn't remember my old DIS name or what email I used 3 years ago, so didn't make a new one until summer.
End of my novella. And I am finally in double digits 98 days to go!
Welcome!!! :)

I got a call from Disney today. They had somehow overbooked the Wishes Dessert Party and I drew the short straw. They were cancelling my reservation! They thought we could move it to another night hahaha! After he looked at all my ADRs and understood there was no longer any wiggle room, everything was set, and there was no moving nothing, I was still being cancelled. So in place of my Wishes party, they gave me a VIP FP for the wishes viewing area. They also gave me 2 VIP use anytime anywhere FPs for each day of our trip for everyone in our party. So, besides the three regular FPs I have to book at the 60 day mark, we now have these VIP FPs too. As sad as we are to miss the Dessert Party, for extra anytime anywhere FPs I will buy the kids a Mickey bar when we watch Wishes and tell em to enjoy it :) hmmm, maybe I will try the Merry and Bright party when it opens tomorrow if it doesn't overlap our Fantasmic.

I got a call from Disney today. They had somehow overbooked the Wishes Dessert Party and I drew the short straw. They were cancelling my reservation! They thought we could move it to another night hahaha! After he looked at all my ADRs and understood there was no longer any wiggle room, everything was set, and there was no moving nothing, I was still being cancelled. So in place of my Wishes party, they gave me a VIP FP for the wishes viewing area. They also gave me 2 VIP use anytime anywhere FPs for each day of our trip for everyone in our party. So, besides the three regular FPs I have to book at the 60 day mark, we now have these VIP FPs too. As sad as we are to miss the Dessert Party, for extra anytime anywhere FPs I will buy the kids a Mickey bar when we watch Wishes and tell em to enjoy it :) hmmm, maybe I will try the Merry and Bright party when it opens tomorrow if it doesn't overlap our Fantasmic.
Early reports are that the M&B party will run from 7-8:30. I think you are there on a night where F! is at 8:30? Even if they add another (earlier) show, you should be fine.

ETA: sucks about the Wishes dessert party tho!!

How many of you are getting calls about them doublebooking the Wishes dessert party. Seems this goes from Nov to Dec.

If they call me they can pay me the $ I get dinged in the exchange rate. I lose like $6-7 on every hundred when my cc is 'refunded' for something :/

How many of you are getting calls about them doublebooking the Wishes dessert party. Seems this goes from Nov to Dec.

If they call me they can pay me the $ I get dinged in the exchange rate. I lose like $6-7 on every hundred when my cc is 'refunded' for something :/
Someone on FB said they offered them the new Ferry Fireworks party at the same price as Wishes when they called them for a doublebooking. They took it, but I was thinking, I want to be where I can see the castle show too, not out in the bay! But if they call you and you like that idea ask them for it. Then you would be getting something of a higher dollar value Eh? I didn't have to worry about the exchange because my Parents moved to FLA a few years ago and they got a Disney Visa and they got an extra card in my name, so we share it to get dream dollars faster and we sort out who owes what later, so I hadn't bought US to pay them yet whew!

Well they called & left a message, so they've cancelled. I'm going to demand they pay the $ I'm losing.

It's not the exchange rate. When you buy with your CC the bank charges you say 1.32 CAD, but when charges are reversed You only get reimbursed by the CC at a rate of say 1.24. It sucks. Big time. I am so very frustrated with Disney.

So, I think I'm crazy. Or I just have the Disney planning bug. One or the other (or both). I'm planning a trip for Oct. 2016 so I've been browsing and following some things. But (back to why I'm possibly crazy) now I want to go sooner. I know that none of you will understand this feeling. :p

I'm thinking about pitching a mom and son trip for just a few days in Dec. 2015(why I posted here), after school has gotten out, to DH tonight. Is this totally and completely insane? And, being a true planner, I already checked out the ADR situation and it looks fairly OK. What do you think?

So, I think I'm crazy. Or I just have the Disney planning bug. One or the other (or both). I'm planning a trip for Oct. 2016 so I've been browsing and following some things. But (back to why I'm possibly crazy) now I want to go sooner. I know that none of you will understand this feeling. :p

I'm thinking about pitching a mom and son trip for just a few days in Dec. 2015(why I posted here), after school has gotten out, to DH tonight. Is this totally and completely insane? And, being a true planner, I already checked out the ADR situation and it looks fairly OK. What do you think?
Do it! :thumbsup2

Well they called & left a message, so they've cancelled. I'm going to demand they pay the $ I'm losing.

It's not the exchange rate. When you buy with your CC the bank charges you say 1.32 CAD, but when charges are reversed You only get reimbursed by the CC at a rate of say 1.24. It sucks. Big time. I am so very frustrated with Disney.
I did not know that's what happens when charges get reversed. That's terrible! :mad:

I did not know that's what happens when charges get reversed. That's terrible! :mad:
Yep. DH works for a bank. That's the way CCs roll. I lost a bundle when my CRT ressie was charged to my CC when I wanted to use credits & no longer pre-pay anything I'm not sure to keep.

I am less than pleased right now. I tried to call Disney 3 times today before the special number they gave me closed at 5 (cause a teacher with three kids has nothing going on from 9-5 :sad2:). So add 3+ international phone calls to the Disney IOU list.

Yep. DH works for a bank. That's the way CCs roll. I lost a bundle when my CRT ressie was charged to my CC when I wanted to use credits & no longer pre-pay anything I'm not sure to keep.

I am less than pleased right now. I tried to call Disney 3 times today before the special number they gave me closed at 5 (cause a teacher with three kids has nothing going on from 9-5 :sad2:). So add 3+ international phone calls to the Disney IOU list.
Ugh....and I just got accidentally charged $40 for a no show fee (which worked out to be almost $55 Canadian) where I dined last month. Disney is reversing the charges, but now I realize I'll lose a bit off of that. :scared:

Hello! We are all ready to go to Disney in 31 days but after hearing this is the end for Osbourne lights, I booked my son and I down for a quick weekend. We have AP'S. Going december5-6 staying at art of animation standard room because that was the only value room left!

does anyone know when they will update the hours for the 2nd half of December??? Getting anxious......also waiting on the additional narrators to be announced for the Candlelight Processional

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter