~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

Good Morning!

We'll be visiting the world for the DIS Unplugged Podcast :)

It's a long weekend, budget friendly trip. Sadly we wont' be staying onsite :( but we will also be attending MVMCP and plan to pack as much non park stuff into the weekend as we can.

Hello everyone! After dozens of trips with my parents, sister, husband, kids, etc., I am finally getting to go to the World SOLO! I am so excited! What was supposed to be a trip with my BFF turned, unexpectedly, into this. Staying 12/13-12/17 at POP. Doing MVMCP on 12/15 and only ADR thus far is BOG for breakfast on 12/14. I know I will do Candlelight Processional one night. Hoping the Narrator for 12/16 is announced soon, as I am not a fan of Meredith Vierra. I haven't decided on other ADRs yet, but thinking of another breakfast (Kona) and maybe a table service at EPCOT.

Hello everyone! After dozens of trips with my parents, sister, husband, kids, etc., I am finally getting to go to the World SOLO! I am so excited! What was supposed to be a trip with my BFF turned, unexpectedly, into this. Staying 12/13-12/17 at POP. Doing MVMCP on 12/15 and only ADR thus far is BOG for breakfast on 12/14. I know I will do Candlelight Processional one night. Hoping the Narrator for 12/16 is announced soon, as I am not a fan of Meredith Vierra. I haven't decided on other ADRs yet, but thinking of another breakfast (Kona) and maybe a table service at EPCOT.
I have you on the Roll Call! :santa:

And also... Congratulations! :cutie: I love hearing of people venturing out for their first solo trip. I'm a huge fan of taking on the World on my own. My next trip is with a couple of family members who asked if they could come with me (after seeing on Facebook how much fun I was having on one of my solo trips), and I'm thrilled to take them for their first time there... But a teeny tiny part of me kinda wishes I was going alone again because I love it so much! :laughing: I hope you find you enjoy it just as much as I do!

And I'm still waiting on my CP narrator, too! For MONTHS now, December 10th has been listed as TBA. It's making me crazy! :scared:

I have officially entered the double digit countdown! My Fastpass window opens next week. I have had this trip booked since December of last year and the wait is killing me :) our dates have changed a bit, now 12/13 - 12/23. I can not wait!

I have officially entered the double digit countdown! My Fastpass window opens next week. I have had this trip booked since December of last year and the wait is killing me :) our dates have changed a bit, now 12/13 - 12/23. I can not wait!
You sure about that FP+ window? I check in a week ahead of you, on 12/4, and my FP+ window doesn't open until next month. ;)

They have added yet another thing for us to try to stuff into Christmas trip. Merry and Bright Dessert Party for the Osborne lights ADR opens on Sept. 16th. arggghhh! We presently have Minnie's Holiday and Dine F! at 4:15 December 24th. I know it gives you passes for the First showing of the night. Right now they only have 8:30pm scheduled. Does anyone know if they usually add an earlier one? The Dessert Party is doable for us only if they stick to the one showing of Fantasmic.

They have added yet another thing for us to try to stuff into Christmas trip. Merry and Bright Dessert Party for the Osborne lights ADR opens on Sept. 16th. arggghhh! We presently have Minnie's Holiday and Dine F! at 4:15 December 24th. I know it gives you passes for the First showing of the night. Right now they only have 8:30pm scheduled. Does anyone know if they usually add an earlier one? The Dessert Party is doable for us only if they stick to the one showing of Fantasmic.
Last year, most nights had a 630 and 830 showing. Not sure if that will be the case this year, however, but it has been my experience that when there's a showing after park close it is usually the second of the night.

Last year, most nights had a 630 and 830 showing. Not sure if that will be the case this year, however, but it has been my experience that when there's a showing after park close it is usually the second of the night.
Thank you! They are having Extra Magic hours that day as well, from 8pm-10pm if that makes a difference? Have a feeling I won't be able to fit in the Dessert Party probably don't need it anyways after doing Minnie's lol But if we DO have to go to 6:30, my parents who are coming with us are not going to be happy as my mom wanted to see when they turn the Osborne lights on.

Wow, I too am glad to go at Christmas to get to see the Osborne Lights. We have never been for the holidays, and this is by far my biggest to do. We typically as a family don't do fireworks or night time shows, as at least one of our kids is either afraid or can't sit through them, and none of us are big parade watchers, so this struck me as the most festive unique event we could participate in.

Editing to add, I almost missed Dalmation Day yesterday... we recently got to add 3 days to the front of our trip. I must still have been calculating based on our old dates (like the ticker I don't want to start over with). Around 10 pm, it hit me 101! So today officially, 100! Having lots of fun with secret planning, as our kids don't know.

Thank you! They are having Extra Magic hours that day as well, from 8pm-10pm if that makes a difference? Have a feeling I won't be able to fit in the Dessert Party probably don't need it anyways after doing Minnie's lol But if we DO have to go to 6:30, my parents who are coming with us are not going to be happy as my mom wanted to see when they turn the Osborne lights on.
If they do end up having 2 shows, you should be able to get into the second with no issue, so could always do the lights first.

Following along! We'll be there December 18 to December 26, we were staying at POR but ended up changing to Poly, and the biggest thing....the kids have no idea!!!! I am trying to pull off the biggest surprise ever! I'm going crazy not being able to discuss it in the house. I will also say Disney is toying with my emotions as well. I was away and missed the Minnie's Holiday Dinner at HS, now this is the last year for the Osborne lights, we've never seen them before, now I HAVE to get tickets to the Merry & Bright Dessert Party. These changes are causing the planning to go into overdrive!!

Ahhhh!!! Only 84 days left!!

I'm bored at work, literally have nothing to do at the moment, and I figured I'd share my (tentative) schedule so far!
12/5 - 7:30am flight to MCO. Won't be hitting any parks after arriving, I actually might need a nap. I'm considering going to a Harry Potter event at my local science center the night before, where they'll most likely show one of the movies in their IMAX theater around 9/10pm. So I might be insane and try to go to that. But that evening we'll be going to the DIS Podcast event in Diagon Alley.
12/6 - First park day! Head to AK and we have a reservation at Tusker House for lunch. Might go to Epcot in the evening.
12/7 - HS with a Sci-Fi lunch reservation. Also might go to Epcot this evening.
12/8 - MK & MVMCP in the evening!
12/9 - Off Day. Might go resort hopping that day. And then a dinner reservation at Boma.
12/10 - Epcot with a lunch reservation at Via Napoli and 5pm Candlelight Processional (still don't know who the narrator is....)
12/11 - Last park day. MK again and we'll probably head over to HS when MVMCP starts. Definitely need to see the Osborne lights during this trip!
12/12 - Fly home :(

This will be my second trip to WDW and first during Christmas! I'm glad I'll be able to see the Osborne Lights before they go.

Ahhhh!!! Only 84 days left!!

I'm bored at work, literally have nothing to do at the moment, and I figured I'd share my (tentative) schedule so far!
12/5 - 7:30am flight to MCO. Won't be hitting any parks after arriving, I actually might need a nap. I'm considering going to a Harry Potter event at my local science center the night before, where they'll most likely show one of the movies in their IMAX theater around 9/10pm. So I might be insane and try to go to that. But that evening we'll be going to the DIS Podcast event in Diagon Alley.
12/6 - First park day! Head to AK and we have a reservation at Tusker House for lunch. Might go to Epcot in the evening.
12/7 - HS with a Sci-Fi lunch reservation. Also might go to Epcot this evening.
12/8 - MK & MVMCP in the evening!
12/9 - Off Day. Might go resort hopping that day. And then a dinner reservation at Boma.
12/10 - Epcot with a lunch reservation at Via Napoli and 5pm Candlelight Processional (still don't know who the narrator is....)
12/11 - Last park day. MK again and we'll probably head over to HS when MVMCP starts. Definitely need to see the Osborne lights during this trip!
12/12 - Fly home :(

This will be my second trip to WDW and first during Christmas! I'm glad I'll be able to see the Osborne Lights before they go.
This sounds great! Although, I am way too excited to not go to the parks the day I arrive! I'm super sad about the Osbourne lights but I also will be seeing them this season for the first and last time! They are one of the main things I have bee looking forward to since we booked!

We're there the same week as you! (And I'm also currently bored at work, ironically!) :rolleyes1 Love your plans!

We will be in USF/IoA all day, mainly in the Harry Potter sections, from opening until about 5:30pm. I'll try to leave the place tidy for you. :laughing:

I have us in Epcot on this day in the morning, then taking off after lunch for a resort break, then HS in the evening. So I'll be leaving Epcot as you're arriving. We should totally high-five in passing. :D

This one we might cross paths! We're at AK in the morning, then resort break, then back to Epcot in the evening for dinner at Biergarten, evening EMH, and MAYBE the Candlelight Processional... I'm holding both a regular Biergarten ADR, and also a CP package one that includes the 6:45pm show. I'm waiting until the narrator is announced to decide which one I want to keep. The normal ADR fits much better into our plans, but if it turns out to be an AWESOME narrator that gets scheduled, I want to have the CP package... just in case. And the NOT KNOWING is killiiiiiiing me! :scared: Come on, Disney! This trip is 12 weeks away! Don't you know I need to get these plans finalized already so I can sleep at night!!! :rotfl:

We will be in USF/IoA all day, mainly in the Harry Potter sections, from opening until about 5:30pm. I'll try to leave the place tidy for you. :laughing:

Haha, thanks! I appreciate it! I woulda loved to go to USF/IoA this trip but just couldn't swing it this time. I lucked out and randomly saw that the podcast was happening in Diagon Alley on our arrival day and had to do it. Is it bad that I don't care about the podcast aspect of it? I just want to go to Diagon Alley again...

I have us in Epcot on this day in the morning, then taking off after lunch for a resort break, then HS in the evening. So I'll be leaving Epcot as you're arriving. We should totally high-five in passing. :D

This one we might cross paths! We're at AK in the morning, then resort break, then back to Epcot in the evening for dinner at Biergarten, evening EMH, and MAYBE the Candlelight Processional... I'm holding both a regular Biergarten ADR, and also a CP package one that includes the 6:45pm show. I'm waiting until the narrator is announced to decide which one I want to keep. The normal ADR fits much better into our plans, but if it turns out to be an AWESOME narrator that gets scheduled, I want to have the CP package... just in case. And the NOT KNOWING is killiiiiiiing me! :scared: Come on, Disney! This trip is 12 weeks away! Don't you know I need to get these plans finalized already so I can sleep at night!!! :rotfl:

I'll be sure to keep an eye out! And I totally get it about the narrator thing. I mean really, it's very important. Although, I'll keep the reservation regardless of who's narrarating since I've never seen the CP before and don't know when I'll be back. But I still want/need to know soo. I don't like not knowing. I bet Disney already knows who the other narrators are but don't want to tell us to keep us in suspense.

We are 97 days out from our Christmas trip-Dec 20-29. We are staying at Pop Century until the 26th and then going to Portofino at Universal for the last few days. Looking forward to going with family, my husband and 2 sons, 20 and 22. I will be celebrating my birthday there. I am a Christmas Day Baby! We will have dinner at Citricos on Christmas day and then go on a fireworks cruise to celebrate. We have done the cruise previously during another Christmas trip and it was fantastic. I have been to Universal with my sister and have seen The WW of Harry Potter. This will be my husbands and sons first time. They are really looking forward to it. Now hopefully the time between now and then with go quickly.:yay::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter