The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

Could someone explain how so many of you are saying you can get the free dining for only a few days? Both allears and WDW site are saying it must be a 5 night/6 day ticket package.

I think we're exempt. We're going December 1-5, which included some black-out days. I'm still curious as to how some say they're getting it with only a 2 day ticket package.

We are going Dec 11-15, 4 nights. We were able to get FD. I have gone for 4 nights the last couple years and have always gotten FD.

:thumbsup2 jb

We couldn't get it :sad1:. Our first two days are black out days, and we've already booked nonrefundable airfare. We tried doing it as a split stay, but, somehow, even though five of our days qualified for free dining, the cost was even more than our original reservation :confused3. Oh well, at least we're going to Disney World!!!

I called, and after being advised I would be helped within 14 minutes, it was actually 40 minutes....:headache:

We can book the package with a minimum of a two day park ticket! Most of our dates are blacked-out, but are check-in date is valid, so we're good!:thumbsup2

Got our free dining today which means our trip will be paid off at the end of the month!!! Way earlier than planned. That gives us even more time to save spending money!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are so happy to be switching to the free quick service and then paying to upgrade to the regular dining plan! Its saving us a couple of hundred or $135 more than our 35% off pin code was.

We were already booked into POFQ from 11/29 to 12/10 and put on the DP to our reservations in hope that we could get free dining if it came out (still would keep DP if it was not free). Well the offer came out all right, however my dates were blocked out for the POFQ. Only Moderate opening for the free dining is CBR, but there is talk that Pop Warner will be there during that time and we did not want that. We asked if any Deluxe Resort openings and sure enough, got Animal Kingdom Lodge with the free dining and costing us $300 less then what we originally had at POFQ. First time at a Deluxe.... CANT WAIT!!!!!!:woohoo:

I tried to get the free dining but when I called the CM said it is not available for AKL CL but I could get it if I wanted to switch to a pool or standard view, I think not.
So I will just keep my fingers crossed for some sort of pin or other discount in the meantime.

I did call a differnt number than what is listed on the WDW site, it was given to me by the CM I did the online chat with, so I'm wondering if I should call the number listed on the site just to see if I get a different response?

I booked online due to the long wait time over the phone! nov.30-dec.7th at pop! Can't wait!!! this is my first trip to disney and it's even better with free dining! even though half my stay is during blackout dates, i still receive free dining for the entire stay because i'm checking in during a non blackout date!! This made staying at disney cheaper than staying off site! I can't believe it!

question, when I booked online, I didnt see a place where I could request what type of room, building, floor, etc. How do I request these things? :banana:

I booked online due to the long wait time over the phone! nov.30-dec.7th at pop! Can't wait!!! this is my first trip to disney and it's even better with free dining! even though half my stay is during blackout dates, i still receive free dining for the entire stay because i'm checking in during a non blackout date!! This made staying at disney cheaper than staying off site! I can't believe it!

question, when I booked online, I didnt see a place where I could request what type of room, building, floor, etc. How do I request these things? :banana:

Is this true? If you check in by Dec 2 you could carry the FD across your whole trip???

:confused3:confused3:confused3

yes as long as you check in during a non blackout date, then you get free dining your entire stay!! even if part of your stay is during black out days. Call and try it! It worked for me as well as many other people on these boards!

I just added the free dinning to our package. Before with the Monster pin we had to have two reservations since the first day of our trip wasn't covered, but now we just have one package. We are saving like $160, but the best part is that everything is together. And we now have 6 days of dinning rather than 5.

So now we are going Dec 11-17 at Pop Century with deluxe dinning. :cool1: :banana: So excited!!!!

I called today and with our resort it was the Quick Service Dining Plan that was free since we are staying at a value but we were able to upgrade to the regular diining for $10 pp/per $735 per person for our Dec 1-11 trip.

yes as long as you check in during a non blackout date, then you get free dining your entire stay!! even if part of your stay is during black out days. Call and try it! It worked for me as well as many other people on these boards!

Whew! Okay, we're traveling with friends that aren't DVC members and they need a discount! I guess they could check in earlier than expected to save with the free dining.

Thank You!;)

Just booked our trip as well! WOOT WOOT! So excited. :cloud9: I have a question though, we're coming in November 30th...leaving December 6th, so we only are getting 6 day Park Hopper passes. We also got free dining, but is this only going to be for 6 days like my park passes, or will it be for 8 days like our hotel reservation?

Just booked our trip as well! WOOT WOOT! So excited. :cloud9: I have a question though, we're coming in November 30th...leaving December 6th, so we only are getting 6 day Park Hopper passes. We also got free dining, but is this only going to be for 6 days like my park passes, or will it be for 8 days like our hotel reservation?

The dining credits are tied to the number of nights you are booked. It has nothing to do with the number of days on your park tickets. So you will get 8 credits for TS, 8 for CS and 8 snacks per person (assuming you got the regular dining plan).

The dining credits are tied to the number of nights you are booked. It has nothing to do with the number of days on your park tickets. So you will get 8 credits for TS, 8 for CS and 8 snacks per person (assuming you got the regular dining plan).

Thank you so much for your quick response! yes, we did get the regular dining plan...can't wait to go to Disney to eat...haha!

So, I'm really stressing out about this now that the FD is open to the public. I just booked non-refundable airfare for Dec. 7-12 last night in anticipation of using a PIN that a CM told me was attached to my name. I had called last Tuesday and the CM said I have a pin good for FD for my dates, but I can't use it until July 13. I decided to go ahead and book the air because those rates are starting to go up, but wait until July 13 to book the room. :scared: Now that the public option is out there, and my dates are blacked out, I'm worried that the CM gave me wrong info. I can deal with that--I've come to terms with the fact that even if I was given the wrong info, I can still get my AAA discount and save a few bucks---at value rates, it won't break the bank if I don't get free dining. However, now I'm stressing out that POP will book up and if I call on July 13, I won't even be able to get a room!! Can someone help calm my nerves, please??? How likely is it that POP will sell out in the next week for Dec. 7-12??? I believe the ASresorts are being used for Pop Warner week. :scared:

So, I'm really stressing out about this now that the FD is open to the public. I just booked non-refundable airfare for Dec. 7-12 last night in anticipation of using a PIN that a CM told me was attached to my name. I had called last Tuesday and the CM said I have a pin good for FD for my dates, but I can't use it until July 13. I decided to go ahead and book the air because those rates are starting to go up, but wait until July 13 to book the room. :scared: Now that the public option is out there, and my dates are blacked out, I'm worried that the CM gave me wrong info. I can deal with that--I've come to terms with the fact that even if I was given the wrong info, I can still get my AAA discount and save a few bucks---at value rates, it won't break the bank if I don't get free dining. However, now I'm stressing out that POP will book up and if I call on July 13, I won't even be able to get a room!! Can someone help calm my nerves, please??? How likely is it that POP will sell out in the next week for Dec. 7-12??? I believe the ASresorts are being used for Pop Warner week. :scared:

I'd be stressing too, I understand. But, you're right, there is usually a way to get a discount one way or another.

I remember your post about the PIN that the CM gave you that really sounded like a regular code being only 3 letters, right? I'm so disappointed that the week of Dec is blacked out. Hopefully on the 13th your PIN will work and you'll be set!

I doubt POP will be filled to capacity. It is a big resort, and it isn't a busy time. You should be OK with waiting this little bit. But, I'm like you and I'm always in a panic!

I've never looked into AAA rates. What is the discount you usually get with that? What is it at a Deluxe? Are Disney's deals usually better? Does AAA have blackout dates?

Thanks

I'd be stressing too, I understand. But, you're right, there is usually a way to get a discount one way or another.

I remember your post about the PIN that the CM gave you that really sounded like a regular code being only 3 letters, right? I'm so disappointed that the week of Dec is blacked out. Hopefully on the 13th your PIN will work and you'll be set!

I doubt POP will be filled to capacity. It is a big resort, and it isn't a busy time. You should be OK with waiting this little bit. But, I'm like you and I'm always in a panic!

I've never looked into AAA rates. What is the discount you usually get with that? What is it at a Deluxe? Are Disney's deals usually better? Does AAA have blackout dates?

Thanks

And keep in mind the values aren't as desirable during free dining now that they just get quick service. I think I'd be more worried about the mods.

Going POP 12/7 - 15 ... Priced out a split stay with FD. It would cost me $262 more :scared1: Looks like I will just keep my orginal plan :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter