The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

The kids have decided that they each want to go with mommy by themselves

Love your plan - imagine the great 1 on 1 memories you and each kid are going to have; it's like you and each one will have your own private secret! Have a great time!

Hello Fellow Disney Fans! I'm new to the boards here and I'm loving this site.

Any help with discount codes for December 2010 would be appreciated. I've booked a five night 12/16-12/21 at Pop for a magical gathering of twelve. We're in three rooms, no hoppers, standard dining plan.

Thanks to all for the wonderful tips I have picked up so far.

Disney trip booked: December 27 - January 2 at POR
I booked with a Disney TA. We were down in WDW during this same time in '06. Is there ever any kind of discount during this busy time? I am a teacher so the only times we can ever really go to WDW is during the busy summer time or Christmas break!

we are staying at the BC CL Dec. 7-13th would love some codes to help with the cost my dad is paying for the trip and I know this would help out.:)

We are staying at CBR (preferred room) on a 40% off pin Dec.1-5. If free dining were to come out, could we pay regular price for our room, then pick up the free dining? I'm assuming one can't take advantage of a double offer.

I wasn't aware free dining came in the form of a pin in addition to the public. If it is seen our room is booked by pin, will it void the possibility of a dining pin? If free dining is offered to the public, can we still get it since we already are getting a room discount?

Since we are staying at a mod., and plan on purchasing the dining plan, seems like it would make sense to drop the room pin and pick up the free dining.

So many scenarios......:rolleyes1

We are staying at CBR (preferred room) on a 40% off pin Dec.1-5. If free dining were to come out, could we pay regular price for our room, then pick up the free dining? I'm assuming one can't take advantage of a double offer.

I wasn't aware free dining came in the form of a pin in addition to the public. If it is seen our room is booked by pin, will it void the possibility of a dining pin? If free dining is offered to the public, can we still get it since we already are getting a room discount?

Since we are staying at a mod., and plan on purchasing the dining plan, seems like it would make sense to drop the room pin and pick up the free dining.

So many scenarios......:rolleyes1
If and when you get a free dining pin code or a free dining discount is offered for the general public, you would just need to call Disney reservations and have them add the free dining code. You will automatically lose the room discount because Disney does not let you "stack" or have multiple discounts on one reservation.

Free Dining is pretty much always a better discount if you are staying at a value or a moderate resort, especially, if you have kids or a large party going.

Going for the first time during holiday season. Last time we went was Sept and used free dining public deal. Updated my online disney account and got a pin in the mail, but not for the dates we wanted. So I booked our resort anyway. Is there still a chance I may get another PIN for the dates I am already booked? Do many people get any kind of PINs after already making reservations?

Going for the first time during holiday season. Last time we went was Sept and used free dining public deal. Updated my online disney account and got a pin in the mail, but not for the dates we wanted. So I booked our resort anyway. Is there still a chance I may get another PIN for the dates I am already booked? Do many people get any kind of PINs after already making reservations?

Welcome to the fun fellow Minnesotin!!! I have gotten PIN since I booked our Dec trip but not anything good for our dates. We are here waiting for FD and flight prices to go down out of MSP!:goodvibes

If a room discount PIN is sold out at a resort, when/if FD is announced might there be some people who switch their reservations from the room discount to FD, thereby freeing up some room discount capacity at that resort for PIN holders?

I have a hunch there's going to be a LOT of switching around when deals are finally announced. We are booked at the Pop, but if free dining was only at the mods or deluxe, I'd upgrade.

We all had to make our room reservations if we wanted first crack at 180+10 on ADR's, so there was a lot of guessing done!

Welcome to the fun fellow Minnesotin!!! I have gotten PIN since I booked our Dec trip but not anything good for our dates. We are here waiting for FD and flight prices to go down out of MSP!:goodvibes

Thank you!! We have our room at All Star Sports from Dec 21-26th and then with extended family at an All Star House until the 30th. No dining plan, getting tickets from UT unless a PIN for the package does come out, I guess. We did grab some flights on SW just because I never fly over holidays and didn't want to be stuck with two kids on terrible flights with multiple layovers. I hope they go down for you, though! :goodvibes

Canceled the reservations I had off-site and booked a standard at POP for Dec 2-5. Got a AAA rate which wasn't bad but hoping a AP rate comes out that will let us upgrade to something better.

Another Minnesotan here. We have gotten pins for the summer since we booked our trip. I hope we get one for our trip, since we don't really want FD (but we'd take it if offered). And prices are crazy at MSP since Delta took over NW.

Have any of the Minnesotan's driven to WDW? How long did it take if you have? We're considering it, but only a little.

Jumping on board here. Was just doing some Disney dreaming and called Disney on Tuesday. Never been at holiday time, and my aunt was talking about how she'd love to see Disney decked out for Christmas. Asked about Dec. 7-12. CM said I had pin that I can't use until July 13th, but it's good for free dining. He suggested I book the package without dining, then call on the 13th and they'd add the free dining then. Got permission from my principal to take off Dec. 8-10, DH said he wouldn't mind if I took a girls' trip with just my aunt and me, and it looks like I'm going to be making that reservation!! The only thing I thought was weird is that the "PIN" is actually 3 digits, (2 letters and a number). I thought they were just discount codes whereas pins were a longer series of numbers. Any comments??

Well, I am going to jump in here to see if anything comes out for Dec, but I already have a 50% off booked at the Dolphin, not sure Disney can match that, especially since my dates are Dec 23-26. I am getting a Deluxe for just a few dollars more than a Value.

I guess if I could get a decent pin for Dec 22, we could add on a room only so we could come down the night before.

I'll wait and see, but I am relatively happy with what I have, especially based on location.

Suzanne

Jumping on board here. Was just doing some Disney dreaming and called Disney on Tuesday. Never been at holiday time, and my aunt was talking about how she'd love to see Disney decked out for Christmas. Asked about Dec. 7-12. CM said I had pin that I can't use until July 13th, but it's good for free dining. He suggested I book the package without dining, then call on the 13th and they'd add the free dining then. Got permission from my principal to take off Dec. 8-10, DH said he wouldn't mind if I took a girls' trip with just my aunt and me, and it looks like I'm going to be making that reservation!! The only thing I thought was weird is that the "PIN" is actually 3 digits, (2 letters and a number). I thought they were just discount codes whereas pins were a longer series of numbers. Any comments??

Do you think this is a pin or a new general discount coming out in July?

Anyone besides me feeling like December will never get here? It feels so far away right now. Everyone is taking their summer vacations and we have sooooo long to go to get to vacation. OK, mini-vent over. I feel better now! :rotfl:

msmouse-- I'm not sure if it's a pin or general discount code. The CM told me it was a special code for me, but it's just 2 letters and a number. All the pin codes I've seen are much longer with more numbers. I do know it becomes valid on July 13th. I'm waiting to hear from my dad to see if he and his girlfriend are going to come at the same time. I want to make the reservation together if he's coming along! I will ask what kind of code it is when I do call. I'll keep you posted!

Totally sounds like a general code to me. PINs are much longer and usually all numbers I think. So, maybe FD is going to get extended! Would that really be good for your dates? If so, that's fantastic since the PINs that some of us have recieved are not good for that week in December.

Do you think this is a pin or a new general discount coming out in July?

Wasn't there some rumor a few pages back or on another thread about July 13th? I remember reading that before. Sounds like a general code to me.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter