The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

This Monster Pin is curious. We've been going during this week of December for over 10 years. Why is this particular week being blocked? It's generally not that busy...it's value season. I hope this isn't an indication that general discounts will not be offered during this week.

I was thinking that it was Pop Warner week, and they figure why subject extra people to the potential noise and distinctly "undisneylike" behavior!:scared1:

This Monster Pin is curious. We've been going during this week of December for over 10 years. Why is this particular week being blocked? It's generally not that busy...it's value season. I hope this isn't an indication that general discounts will not be offered during this week.
The second week of December has grown more and more busy each year - the secret is out! Plus with Pop Warner being there, I don't think they will have any problems filling the resorts and when the resorts are full, they just aren't going to offer discounts.

Well, I guess next year I'm gonna have to go on the 3rd week of December. (I'm there the 5-10th week also.)

I'm curious too... is this the PIN that has December 5-10 blocked out?

Yes. But the other offer pin I got, has that week allowed. I am thinking of just going that week (if DH agrees) and not arrive on the 9th like I wanted, but maybe on the 13th instead. I really wanted to be there for DD's b-day, but if we don't get free dining, this might just be the best deal to get. The sad thing is though, starting Friday of that week the prices go up dramatically. I think it was $50 more a night. To do a split stay, would really not work out, as we really like the dining plan, so we would have to buy another ticket to continue to have it throughout the stay. And that would make no savings for us.

We just got the Monster offer in the mail yesterday. I was planning on going from the 4th-11th, but will be changing that to 11th-18th. We will be staying at the AKL, assuming I get a room at the discounted rate. I plan on calling Disney this weekend. I thought about going the week after Thanksgiving, but Airfare is about $500 more.

I was thinking that it was Pop Warner week, and they figure why subject extra people to the potential noise and distinctly "undisneylike" behavior!:scared1:

Last year they offered FD during this week. I go every year and was shocked. I went alone because of Pop Warner and DW wasn't a happy camper missing out on the FD offer.

I just got the Monster email but we leave for Disney on the 10th and its blocked out until the 12th. So I haven't called yet but assumed we cannot use it because our trip starts before its effective.

Looking to add a couple more nights onto the end of our trip in Dec. Already staying at AKL DVC Studio on rented points but will probably stay at CSR for the last two nights - Dec 3rd & 4th, AP Rate, unless there's a great deal for the WL or AKL maybe...

I just got the Monster email but we leave for Disney on the 10th and its blocked out until the 12th. So I haven't called yet but assumed we cannot use it because our trip starts before its effective.

You can, but you would have to have 2 reservations. If you plan to do the dining plan, it may not be much if any savings to book 2 nights with it, and then have to get another ticket to book it again with the 40% off code.
I'm still debating on whether we could do 2 nights without hte plan, and not get tickets for the 1st couple of days. We could MVMCP one day and maybe DTD or even offsite another day. But of course DH won't commit to any trip yet, so I don't know why I'm worrying. LOL

Tried to have my Monster pin applied to my 12/1 -12/7 AKL CL ressie with no luck :( Hoping and praying for free dining to be extended!

Thanks!

The second week of December has grown more and more busy each year - the secret is out! Plus with Pop Warner being there, I don't think they will have any problems filling the resorts and when the resorts are full, they just aren't going to offer discounts.

But Pop Warner is usually just in a value & one mod. They have to still fill the deluxes, and those are the most $$$. Maybe an AP discount for that week?? I want my YC discount!!!!:headache:

Yes. But the other offer pin I got, has that week allowed. I am thinking of just going that week (if DH agrees) and not arrive on the 9th like I wanted, but maybe on the 13th instead. I really wanted to be there for DD's b-day, but if we don't get free dining, this might just be the best deal to get. The sad thing is though, starting Friday of that week the prices go up dramatically. I think it was $50 more a night. To do a split stay, would really not work out, as we really like the dining plan, so we would have to buy another ticket to continue to have it throughout the stay. And that would make no savings for us.

And actually, this morning, my mom got the monster PIN email so now I know what's going on! So you did get another PIN that offers that week? That's a bit comforting...
I'm still hoping that when I get there in July that the bounceback deal includes that week and I can apply the code. :wizard:

I wish Disney made it easier to do split stays. Now that we have APs it is nicer without the ticket problem, but really--it is so fun to change resorts and I wish it was more cost effective for others because I also love the Dining Plan!:goodvibes

Yes I have another pin code as well that covers that week the 10th falls in. It's 20% off values. not much savings really, but it's better than nothing I guess. But not enough to convince DH yet.
The more I think about it though, I really just want to be there on DD's b-day. I kind of want a wed-wed or thurs -thurs. I think her Christmas program would be on a thurs. and I really would hate for her to miss it. If we didn't arrive till the 12 or 13th, and stay for 5-7 days, we would pretty much have no chance at her maiking it to it.
I sure wish that 40% went that Pop Warner week. Which Pop Warner only takes up a few resorts. They even stay at Pop, which is a Value.
Free dining at this point would be our best deal though.

Side note. I was cleaning out my desk area today and found a paper that I had printed off 2 years ago from missingmoney.com. You type your name in and state and it tells you if you have unclaimed money somewhere. Well there was one with DH's name on it then, and we never followed thu. He wasn't sure if he ever had money at that place, and it didn't give an exact address to know who it was exactly. Well I relooked today, hoping that more info would be available. It was $1600, so I thought we should investigate further. Well it wasn;t my DH, and the money had been claimed by the real owner.....darn it!

SO the good news is I got my Monster PIN on 5/25 :woohoo:

The "bad" news (this will make me sound sooo spoiled) is that when I finally decided to pull the trigger yesterday, all the "PIN" rooms at the GF were gone. I have been to WDW twice, stayed at CL in the Sugar Loaf and felt like that was the only place I wanted to stay. It's also my 40th birthday this year so I was hoping to get what I wanted. Yup, spoiled. princess:

I went with Beach Club, standard room. I like that location and the reviews seem good. The other monorail resorts did not have all 6 days available and I wanted to maximize my savings!

The CM told me to keep calling back to see if any other resorts opened up. I'm going 11/28-12/4, thought this was typically a "slower" week...so, note to self, next time book it RIGHT AWAY and then I can always cancel!!

Looking forward to seeing all the decorations and MVMCP!!

I think I'll start watching with all of you!! :goodvibes No dates set yet, just thinking...:surfweb: If we go, the dates will probably be during the 1st full week of Dec.

I finally received my first pin code:banana::banana:

I checked my e-mail and realized that I had received the code back in April and ignored the e-mail. I called Disney yesterday to book and the trip and behold that they were still booking with that pin code. It saved about $400 off our trip. We are still hoping for the free dining code to come out but this was better than nothing and we wanted to be able to book our dining at the 180 day mark... We will be there Dec 1-11th staying at Pop Century

Wow I swear I do the same thing!! Except my girls will be 9, 3 and 2 so its hard because a lot of the custom clothes stop at size 6. I have found a couple on ebay that will make all three sizes though. We will be the best planned people there for sure!

Hi! I know you posted these a long time ago, but if you still need custom Disney clothes for 6+ sizes there are several options on Etsy.com. I had some really cute outfits made for my girls on there. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter