The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

Oh no Toontown close? I will definetly change my dates for sometime in August or September. I was originally planning for Dec 3-11.

I have actually heard toontown could close any day. No set date was given last I knew...but things change all the time.

I guess I should count myself lucky. I have never been to Toontown so I won't know what I am missing. As long as I can still take DD4 to a Tinkerbell meet and greet I am ok.

Neither of my kids showed any intrest in Toontown last time and they are 8 and 4! I doublt they will realize that it gets skipped over~

Ok let me see if i can help.
1. so far disney plans to close toontown in the fall.
2. Goofy's rollacoster will be re-themed, but will close with toontown.
3. Mickey and princess meet and greet have been moved to main street expo hall.
4. no one knows about Tinkbell meet and greet.

Purchases our airline tickets for Dec. Still hoping to get a discount. does anyone know when they came out last year for Dec? I am sad to hear that toontown will be closed and brainstomer...::sad1:
Happy to be at Disney again!:santa:

Got a pin e-mail from Disney - 2nd one

I've been going on weekly and saving various options for my dates

newest pin is Save 30%* at Select Disney Value Resorts
Save 35%* at Select Disney Moderate Resorts
Save 40%* at Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Ask about great savings at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, too!

For stays most nights 2/15–3/27/10, 4/11–7/1/10, 7/5–10/7/10, 10/11–11/23/10 and 11/28–12/16/10.

I posted about this earlier and someone said that the fairies would be in the front of MK. I think it was exhibition hall.

from what I have read and heard by others it was just Mickey and the Princesses who will be at expo hall . I hope they do put tinkerbell with the rest. it would make it much easier for me. My DD wants to see her too.

It has been rumored tinkerbell maybe going to perter pan meet and greet

I hope Tinkerbell is still there. That is DD4's favorite character. I think they should just leave well enough alone! LOL

I think they should just leave well enough alone! LOL

If only they could, but the truth is that they must compete with the new harry potter land. They are banking that the princess brand is strong enough to hold its own and bring in the crowds. Its a big gamble!!!

I can't wait to see the new home for tinkerbell tho.
Its looks like they are going to base it off the movies.

I can't wait to see the new home for tinkerbell tho.
Its looks like they are going to base it off the movies.

They just did a contest to design Fairy homes......They are supposed to be building some of the winners. The catch was that everything had to be able to be found in the woods.......leaves, trees, grass and small trinkets. I think it is going to be amazing. My DD has passed the phase of the princesses but she LOVES the Tinkerbell movies!

I am sure it has been posted before but, any idea when the construction will be finished and things will get back to "normal"?

I am sure it has been posted before but, any idea when the construction will be finished and things will get back to "normal"?

Phase 1 will open in 2012
phase 2 will open 2013 ( this includes tinkerbell tree) Just my luck

construction has already started backstage.
I guess b/c toontown will close in the fall they will be there in Dec

After reading this I called disney.. they said that they are working from back to front and that as the close one section they will be opening another and that the whole thing will not be closed. They also said that they will have the characters in "temporary housing" during the time they are redoing their homes.

The CM I spoke to seems to believe that this would not cause too much a disruption in dec and said that some of the new features my be open by then.

So on a whim, I called WDW CRO to see if I possibly had a pin.... AND I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana:

Yippie!!! Got a price on the Poly GV, so I think we may be booking at the end of the week!! Just have to find out whether or not my mom is coming with us too. I would love her to, but I don't know how 4 adults will fit! :crowded: Especially with two small kids - my DD & my nephew!

Super super excited!!

Phase 1 will open in 2012
phase 2 will open 2013 ( this includes tinkerbell tree) Just my luck

construction has already started backstage.
I guess b/c toontown will close in the fall they will be there in Dec

From what I have read here on Dis, most should be done the later part of 2011 and the rest finsihed for 2012.

Thats wonderful!!!!
I was so worried the expansion would might take away from the magic or but if they are going to work back to front it may not be has bad has i thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter