• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official April 2016 Thread!***

For any of you who haven't already seen this in another thread and still have time to update your MagicBands (if interested) - the purple MB is now a free option! I saw it in one of the ROL threads and promptly updated DD's band and mine. I'm so excited that they made this change before our trip!

This is why I love the dis.....getting the info that I'd otherwise miss. Thank you! I just changed my mom's to purple bc she had hoped for it!!!

39 days!!

Yup! Was able to change one of mine to purple!

Ugh, guys, so it's not even 7 am and it's already one of THOSE Mondays! 39 days until Disney is how I'm coping. How's everyone's planning going? I just pulled my carry ons out to put all the odds and ends I buy for the trip into.

Me too.....39 days countdown to mouse therapy!!!

As of tomorrow, there will be just one more month until my trip!

This trip will include meeting up at various times with family, friends, and Dis'ers. As of now, I also have some solo times, but would be glad to meet up if anyone would like to, for any of these --

April 9 Universal Luau (park admission not required)
April 10 dinner at Ohana (reserved for four; two spots currently available)
April 11 dinner at Skipper Canteen
April 12 lunch at Captain's Grille
April 13 amphicar ride in afternoon
April 13 Yehaa Bob show in evening
April 14 late breakfast at Tusker House
April 18 lunch at Whispering Canyon
April 18 dinner at The Wave
April 19 lunch at 50's Prime Time

If anyone might like to meet up, you're welcome to send me a message. (I won't be able to check these messages during the trip, but would be happy to plan ahead.)

Last edited:
I will be there April 16-23.

Can I ask some advice? On Saturday April 16, we have a 7:45 am ADR at Chef Mickey's and planned to take the monorail to Epcot (opening at 9) after. I JUST noticed that they switched the AM EMH for that day and they are now at Epcot. We are staying offsite. So, buy time we get in the park will be open for at least an hour. Is that a bad idea? We haven't booked fastpasses yet, so I can't see what is available, I just really don't feel like moving my entire week around, again! Plus, there are no other Chef Mickey's reservations available around that time for the rest of the week. Will Epcot be unbearable?

I would leave it as it is- Crowds for April 16 at MK and EP are about the same (Marathon day) As far as fast passes for Epcot- the top tier will be between Test Track and Illuminations, other than those, not much is left. I originally had the 16 for Epcot but changed to MK, only because I was able to get wishes dessert party, otherwise I would be there with you.

Keep Chef Mickey's good choice.

Starting to get super excited about our trip!!! I think that because we go every year, it's "harder" to get excited, but we are 45 days out and I'm close to bursting!
We have had such a tough winter, with illnesses (ear infections, norovirus, etc...) and our youngest two are still struggling with tummy issues right now...I am just hoping that means that come end of April, we will have paid our dues and have no illness around/near the time of our trip!!! GAH!

45 days to go!!!! :yay:

Getting really excited now !! We check in POR April 2-8 . My 3 yr old 1st trip & 7 yr old 3rd trip !! Yay 25 more days

Starting to get super excited about our trip!!! I think that because we go every year, it's "harder" to get excited, but we are 45 days out and I'm close to bursting!
We have had such a tough winter, with illnesses (ear infections, norovirus, etc...) and our youngest two are still struggling with tummy issues right now...I am just hoping that means that come end of April, we will have paid our dues and have no illness around/near the time of our trip!!! GAH!

45 days to go!!!! :yay:

Yes indeed! 36 more here- Everyone in going to WDW in April are short timers now!

Magic Bands ship in 5 days!

We've done these on some past threads like this - getting everyone excited with Question of the Day!

So, I'll start -- What # trip is this for you and your travel party???

For us, it is DH and myself, it is our 12th trip (my first was in 1986)

For our 9 and 11 yr old girls, it is their 8th trip!! :flower3:

And for our 1 yr old (14 months old), this will be his 2nd trip!! (3rd if you count when he was in my tummy)! :p

How about you??

8th trip including 2 times in Disney Land, 1st trip was in 1977-also went to River Country....

For us- my wife and adult children (whom haven't been to Disney in 17 years...)

My Sisters family of 4 coming down from Baltimore.

Our "first" Grandson who will be 13 months old. (yes-the whole trip revolves around him) :)

8th trip including 2 times in Disney Land, 1st trip was in 1977-also went to River Country....

For us- my wife and adult children (whom haven't been to Disney in 17 years...)

My Sisters family of 4 coming down from Baltimore.

Our "first" Grandson who will be 13 months old. (yes-the whole trip revolves around him) :)

That sounds like such an exciting trip!!!!

We've done these on some past threads like this - getting everyone excited with Question of the Day!

And for our 1 yr old (14 months old), this will be his 2nd trip!! (3rd if you count when he was in my tummy)! :p

How about you??

A - can I say how much I love that in the majority of planning threads I've been in have had you and/or someone else who is amazing at the questions of the day because I am horrible at making them up or posting them but I think they're so much fun and a great way to build excitement!

B - It's just myself and my best friend Jey like it has been the majority of my adult trips. However! I will be meeting up with both my childhood friend Liz and my cousin K and her daughter A so that'll be fun! As for what number this is...hmm..If we're talking Disney Parks it's my 16th trip, 14th if we're just talking WDW (I've been to DL and DLP). This is my 9th Disney trip with Jey, too, if we're counting :)

How about you??

This will be my 8th trip, but only the second trip for my husband and daughters! I hooked them last year ;)

Love the question of the day idea!
Me - 7th trip
Husband - 4th trip
Mom, Dad, Sister - 5th trip
Daughter - 1st trip! She's turning 3 at the Magic Kingdom!

We have 37 days to go - I am coming out of my skin with excitement. I legit cannot focus on anything else!!

Love the question of the day idea!
Me - 7th trip
Husband - 4th trip
Mom, Dad, Sister - 5th trip
Daughter - 1st trip! She's turning 3 at the Magic Kingdom!

We have 37 days to go - I am coming out of my skin with excitement. I legit cannot focus on anything else!!

omg I totally understand! I have the same amount of time! We leave after school on Friday after school gets out so my students keep using me as a personal countdown to April break lol. I'm ready to pick out my outfits for the week, start packing, and get things together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter