***The Official April 2016 Thread!***

I hadn't even thought about a Facebook page. I don't do a lot of planning on FB. I could start one if anyone wanted one though!

I'm not home right now but I'll make one tomorrow after I get home from work then I'll share here!

I can make a fb page if you want, just let me know!

Welcome tattylou! I love that there are so many ma teachers or teacher families here!

I am so happy about the crowd levels. We had the choice between this week and Fourth of July week so I looked up the crowd levels for the past few years....April is hands down better.

So....what is the one thing everyone is most looking forward to?

Our other choice was August....but I didn't think I could take the humidity. I am looking forward to that first walk down Main street.

Our choice was either the summer or April and after last summer (and this summer for me) we just couldn't face a third summer in a row lol.

I'm looking forward to having my first sip of a "Disney-only" drink - either a LeFou's Brew or a Dole Whip. I'm also excited to wear my new ears in the park - I just bought my best friend and I custom Minnie ears (blue & white chevron with a big ol' raspberry bow for me and blue with swirls for her for our favorites - Daisy and Cinderella) and while we'll get to wear them when we're in Disneyland together this summer it'll be the first time we get to wear them in WDW - and only the second time I've had ears in Disney at all!

EDIT:

Hmm, seems it won't let me make a group until I have some people to add. If you want to PM me your FB names I'll add you guys in this afternoon and make one for us!

I can make a fb page if you want, just let me know!

Welcome tattylou! I love that there are so many ma teachers or teacher families here!

I am so happy about the crowd levels. We had the choice between this week and Fourth of July week so I looked up the crowd levels for the past few years....April is hands down better.

So....what is the one thing everyone is most looking forward to?

I love driving under the Walt Disney World sign when we first arrive!! I even get emotional! Also, I love that first peak of Cinderella castle and a margarita from the place outside Mexico in Epcot. My sons want to do the Jedi Training this year so I'm super excited to seem them do that! It seems so long to have to wait!

Last edited:

Our choice was either the summer or April and after last summer (and this summer for me) we just couldn't face a third summer in a row lol.

I'm looking forward to having my first sip of a "Disney-only" drink - either a LeFou's Brew or a Dole Whip. I'm also excited to wear my new ears in the park - I just bought my best friend and I custom Minnie ears (blue & white chevron with a big ol' raspberry bow for me and blue with swirls for her for our favorites - Daisy and Cinderella) and while we'll get to wear them when we're in Disneyland together this summer it'll be the first time we get to wear them in WDW - and only the second time I've had ears in Disney at all!

EDIT:

Hmm, seems it won't let me make a group until I have some people to add. If you want to PM me your FB names I'll add you guys in this afternoon and make one for us!

I had never worn ears in WDW (after many many trips), but this past visit to DL I bought some ears and I'll be sporting those babies in WDW next April....so it'll be my second time in ears too!
The custom ones sound awesome - where did you get them made?

we just love everything about being there... even down time at the resort (whichever we end up at!) I will be super emotional the next trip because it will be our oldests last family trip before he graduates high school. Let me see how to PM on here, things changed when the boards got all switched up. I am on FB but am private so once the group is made I can look it up and request to join!

Another MA person here. My family of four is going the week of April 16th.
Resort is TBD. Doing an RCI exchange. Probably Sheraton Vistana, Wyndham BC or Silver Lake.
Most looking forward to when we first step into the unit at our resort with a full week of WDW to look forward to.

I had never worn ears in WDW (after many many trips), but this past visit to DL I bought some ears and I'll be sporting those babies in WDW next April....so it'll be my second time in ears too!
The custom ones sound awesome - where did you get them made?

I got them on etsy, by BibbidyBobbidyBoutique but her store is closed now due to the huge number of custom orders she got in 3 hours last night when she opened. I follow her on Instagram too and she makes amazingly cute ears - I want so many others but I figured these were good for now!

Resort is TBD. Doing an RCI exchange. Probably Sheraton Vistana, Wyndham BC or Silver Lake.
Most looking forward to when we first step into the unit at our resort with a full week of WDW to look forward to.

Welcome! I'll add you to the list :)

Our other choice was August....but I didn't think I could take the humidity. I am looking forward to that first walk down Main street.

I went in August 2012....I was in no way prepared for that humidity!

I love walking down Main Street. I am hoping to get a breakfast ADR before mk opens so I can get some no crowd castle pics this time!

Hotel List

April 9-16 - ? - Joyce83
April 15-22 - ? - Tattylou
April 15-22 - Pop - momtwoboys
April 16-23 - All Star Sports - Coloredimage
April 16-23 - ? - KEVD
April 16-24 - All Star/Pop - Asellus
April 16-24 - Bonnet Creek - Molly812

You can add my resort! Eeek! I made my room res today for AoA! So excited!

EDIT:

In my 7 trips I've never tried a Dole Whip! I think I'll have to put that on my must do list.

I just got some mouse ears! I read a trip report and a girl had some cute ones that she said she found on ebay 6 for $10! I figured at that price I won't get frustrated when my kids won't wear them or lose them. Plus they're sparkly and all different colors so we can trade! I'll take a picture when they arrive. Yours sound so cute-please show pics!

I love driving under the Walt Disney World sign when we first arrive!! I even get emotional! Also, I love that first peak of Cinderella castle and a margarita from the place outside Mexico in Epcot. My sons want to do the Jedi Training this year so I'm super excited to seem them do that! It seems so long to have to wait!

I love that Disney World sign. Its not offical until the sign! :lovestruc

Welcome! I am hoping to stay at Wyndham BC as well. I noticed Vistana has availability already for that week!

I am most looking forward to the MK opening show and seeing Cinderella's castle. I'm also excited to meet the princesses with DD3. Last time we went she turned 1 in WDW, but she was terrified of all of the characters!

Just r

Just requested to join. My profile pic is my 3 dds sitting on a big rock! Thanks!

Added you! :)

You can add my resort! Eeek! I made my room res today for AoA! So excited!

Yay! Exciting! I'll go add that up!

In my 7 trips I've never tried a Dole Whip! I think I'll have to put that on my must do list.

I just got some mouse ears! I read a trip report and a girl had some cute ones that she said she found on ebay 6 for $10! I figured at that price I won't get frustrated when my kids won't wear them or lose them. Plus they're sparkly and all different colors so we can trade! I'll take a picture when they arrive. Yours sound so cute-please show pics!

Dole Whips can be pretty sweet for some people but I adore pineapple/pineapple flavor so it's one of my all time favorites. Those ears sound cute! I'll post mine up when they come in - they're customs so they'll take a little bit I'm sure :)

mmmm LOVE dole whips! we usually get the float but this time I went with the dish of it and it was still yummo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter