• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

Called this morning to book out ADRs and even the cast member was having issues. I got 3/4 of them booked and I'm hopeful I won't have any issues getting the last 4-5 booked. I was also a little disappointed that my plan for mickeys backyard BBQ wasn't happening since they're only doing it on Thurs & Sat in Aug. so we might eat at Whispering Canyon or Raglan Road on arrival night. So far we have the following booked:

Aug 12th ~ O'hana:8:10am, Via Napoli: 12:45pm, Cape May Cafe: 7:15pm

Aug 13th ~ Crystal Palace: 8:10am, Be Our Guest: 7:25pm

Aug 14th ~ Hollywood & Vine: 9:30am, Sci-Fi: 12:30pm, Cinderella's Royal Table: 6:40pm

Aug 15th ~ Tusker House: 8:15am, Yak & Yeti: 12:30pm, Biergarten: 7:30pm

Aug 16th ~ Kona Cafe: 9:05am

After typing all this I realized I have all my ressies listed, even the ones we couldn't get confirmed! I have to call back & see if I can get the last four (H&V, Y&Y, Biergarten & Kona) confirmed. And I have to decide on lunch on the 13th at MK and where to eat on our arrival night. This whole DxDP is a lot of work! ;) I am excited to try so many new places! We're really stepping out of the box this trip! And I'm thrilled I got a Be Our guest reservation locked in!

Called this morning to book out ADRs and even the cast member was having issues. I got 3/4 of them booked and I'm hopeful I won't have any issues getting the last 4-5 booked. I was also a little disappointed that my plan for mickeys backyard BBQ wasn't happening since they're only doing it on Thurs & Sat in Aug. so we might eat at Whispering Canyon or Raglan Road on arrival night. So far we have the following booked:

Did the CM have any idea about when the online ADR would be working?

middlesista said:
Did the CM have any idea about when the online ADR would be working?

Shoot, this was supposed to be in the Aug 2013 thread, but clearly having no internet means nothing is cooperating with me! ;) (Seriously, I posted this around 10:30am and it says a time this afternoon?) She seemed genuinely frustrated by this. They went through when she did no more than 4 at a time. Her system was freezing up just like the online system does to us!

BearcatsFan said:
:welcome: to our group!

:welcome: to our group!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you notice ... both of your trips are to celebrate your 30th birthdays? :dance3:

Glad you two decided to join us - I'll get you added to the list. Feel free to jump on in and join the conversation! :hyper2:

On hold now trying to book the rooms!

Why is the phone ALWAYS busy???

It is official we did book our stay at BLT for January 18-25, 2014. Now we will wait and see what airfare looks like. Our 180 ADR opens on July 22, 2013!!! Debating on if we should try to eat at BOG this trip or not.

We are going in April 2013, but I thought I would join this thread as we are also planning a December 2014 trip! The 2013 trip is an anniversary trip for just Hubby and I. It is our first vacation alone in 15 years!

In 2014 we will be bringing our usual group of 12 to see Christmas at Disney! We are unsure of our dates yet, but are thinking beginning of December whenever the crowds will be lowest. We will probably be staying at AoA.

So...I don't have dates yet, but I am glad to be joining all of you!!!!

:welcome: to the 2014 group! I'll get you added to the list - when you firm up the details, let me know and I'll get them updated.

Look forward to getting to know you, so jump on in and join the conversation! :hyper2:

On hold now trying to book the rooms!

Why is the phone ALWAYS busy???

Sooooo ... we're dying to know! Did you get your rooms booked? :hyper:

It is official we did book our stay at BLT for January 18-25, 2014. Now we will wait and see what airfare looks like. Our 180 ADR opens on July 22, 2013!!! Debating on if we should try to eat at BOG this trip or not.

Yay! :yay: Do you have any other ideas of where you'd like to make ADRs other than possibly BOG? I'd probably go for it if I could get it, just so I could say I'd been there and tried it. I've been reading people prefer lunch over dinner for some reason, though. Have you looked at the menus?

Shoot, this was supposed to be in the Aug 2013 thread, but clearly having no internet means nothing is cooperating with me! ;) (Seriously, I posted this around 10:30am and it says a time this afternoon?) She seemed genuinely frustrated by this. They went through when she did no more than 4 at a time. Her system was freezing up just like the online system does to us!

Congrats on getting your August ADRs! Everything looks great! :woohoo: Were you able to get everything confirmed?

Don't worry about posting that here and not on the 2013 thread - we share in your excitement as well! ::yes::

My husband and I will be going for the first time together October 18 through the 26. I've been several times before, but it'll be his first trip. We'll be there the week of our 5th wedding anniversary.:cloud9:

My husband and I will be going for the first time together October 18 through the 26. I've been several times before, but it'll be his first trip. We'll be there the week of our 5th wedding anniversary.:cloud9:

Yay for another in October!!! :) Awesome place to celebrate an anniversary, that is for sure!!

Hey we will be there at the same time!!:yay:

We will be at CBR from January 18th-25th. We are celebrating my nieces birthdays at the World. One is turning 10 on the 20th (MLK day :scared:) and the other is turning 16 on the 25th. We are finally under the 11 month mark. :cool1:

I am hoping to get in at BOG too while on this trip. Hopeful we will be able to get an ADR.

We still don't have our exact dates ~ but it should be soon. I expect our school calendar for the 2013-14 school year to be out soon. And, I originally really thought we would be off-site, but, after talking with my husband last night, we might stay on site after all! I am just so torn! The main reason we are now thinking on-site is b/c of the magic plus or whatever fastpass thing/reserve your times. Honestly, it is a pain to me to make a dining ressie and plan our day around it, so I can't imagine scheduling our ride times, but my DH thought it might be good. I don't know much about it ~ I know there are threads, but they are so long and contradicting. Can anyone summarize the latest on this? Like what exactly it is? When does it start? Can we still use regular fastpass, too? or is it one or the other? Thanks so much!!

I am extremely thrilled to have found this thread! I have wanted to start discussing and planning our next trip but I thought maybe it was to early even for the DISboards. I am relatively new to the boards but love reading about everyone's plans. Just a way to get a small amount of Disney magic without being there.

I am extremely thrilled to have found this thread! I have wanted to start discussing and planning our next trip but I thought maybe it was to early even for the DISboards. I am relatively new to the boards but love reading about everyone's plans. Just a way to get a small amount of Disney magic without being there. �� we don't have definite dates or a list of travelers yet but I will give what I can.
Dates - Oct. 23rd to Nov. 2nd 2013 - tentative
Resort - AoA or one of the values
Who - DW, DS & DDIL, Granddaughter and Grandson, DDIL Parents (both sets), DW ex husband and his new wife. And wow, maybe 6 to 8 more?
Celebrating - DGD 5 birthday, first Halloween at WDW and first time staying on property! Excited to hear everyone's plans!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You will love Halloween there!
Our trip this past Sept. consisted of me, DH, DD, DS, my parents and my-inlaws. It was fun to have everyone together and the kids thought it was great to have both sets of grandparents with them. Sounds like you'll have a much larger group which will be fun too!

:welcome: to the 2014 group! October is a wonderful time of year to go. ::yes:: Any idea where you will be staying? Are you considering MNSSHP at all?

I am extremely thrilled to have found this thread! I have wanted to start discussing and planning our next trip but I thought maybe it was to early even for the DISboards. I am relatively new to the boards but love reading about everyone's plans. Just a way to get a small amount of Disney magic without being there. �� we don't have definite dates or a list of travelers yet but I will give what I can.
Dates - Oct. 23rd to Nov. 2nd 2013 - tentative
Resort - AoA or one of the values
Who - DW, DS & DDIL, Granddaughter and Grandson, DDIL Parents (both sets), DW ex husband and his new wife. And wow, maybe 6 to 8 more?
Celebrating - DGD 5 birthday, first Halloween at WDW and first time staying on property! Excited to hear everyone's plans!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello, and :welcome: to the group! As you probably saw from the first post, some of us have been discussing our 2014 trips for 6+ months now! :teeth: Never too early to start planning for WDW. ;) How many will be in your group? Sounds like a large gathering - what a birthday celebration that will be! Are you considering MNSSHP?

~~~~~~~~

I'll get you both added to the list. Meantime, join in the conversation! :hyper2:

We still don't have our exact dates ~ but it should be soon. I expect our school calendar for the 2013-14 school year to be out soon. And, I originally really thought we would be off-site, but, after talking with my husband last night, we might stay on site after all! I am just so torn! The main reason we are now thinking on-site is b/c of the magic plus or whatever fastpass thing/reserve your times. Honestly, it is a pain to me to make a dining ressie and plan our day around it, so I can't imagine scheduling our ride times, but my DH thought it might be good. I don't know much about it ~ I know there are threads, but they are so long and contradicting. Can anyone summarize the latest on this? Like what exactly it is? When does it start? Can we still use regular fastpass, too? or is it one or the other? Thanks so much!!

AFAIK, FP+ is tied into the whole MDE (My Disney Experience) you can access on the WDW website. You'll be able to, at a glance, see all your reservations, share them with other people who are also in your travel group, etc. You'll also be able to schedule ride-times, I believe it's up to 3 per day, at a single park. If you use FP+, you will not have access to regular FP for that park (ie: if you schedule your rides for MK, you can't use FP in MK, but if you hop over to say AK, you could use regular FP there on the same day). So in that regard, it is one or the other. It is pure speculation whether or not "regular" FP will remain, or whether FP+ will be the only FP available in the future.

At this time, AFAIK, no "official" word has been rolled out about how it will all work - this is just what I've been able to gather from the myriad of threads on the TPAS board (which could have all changed since the last time I read them all :crazy2: ). In other words, at this point in time, it is all speculation and conjecture and nobody really knows for sure until the official roll-outs begin (which are supposed to be sometime in the Spring last I read).

Re-reading that, it doesn't sound very helpful at all. :p Hopefully it makes some sense to you!

Planning a December 2014 vacation with my DH, DS, and two DDs. Not sure on exact dates yet but looking into the first week or two. We are going to be celebrating my DS birthday which is two days before christmas! Thinking about staying at AoA. We will definately be hitting the Christmas party! Last year we went for MNSSHP and it was awesome! I thought I was crazy planning almost two years in advance but I see I'm not alone!

Planning a December 2014 vacation with my DH, DS, and two DDs. Not sure on exact dates yet but looking into the first week or two. We are going to be celebrating my DS birthday which is two days before christmas! Thinking about staying at AoA. We will definately be hitting the Christmas party! Last year we went for MNSSHP and it was awesome! I thought I was crazy planning almost two years in advance but I see I'm not alone!

Welcome aboard.

Looks like we'll be going at about the same time.

By the way, you may hear some nay sayers about MVMCP. Don't listen to them. The mere fact that you can walk on to any ride, is worth the additional admission. Also, make a point to check out the Osbourne Lights. It is a jaw dropping experience. My don't miss thing is the Candlelight Processional though. Especially, if you get the right narrator.

If there is time, try resort hopping and see the different decorations and the life-sized gingerbread structures.

:welcome: to the 2014 group!
Yay! :yay: Do you have any other ideas of where you'd like to make ADRs other than possibly BOG? I'd probably go for it if I could get it, just so I could say I'd been there and tried it. I've been reading people prefer lunch over dinner for some reason, though. Have you looked at the menus?

I am in the same boat, I keep thinking that lunch would be better but I don't want to wait in the lines I saw Jan 2013. Do you think they might be better by 2014?

Hey we will be there at the same time!!:yay:

We will be at CBR from January 18th-25th. We are celebrating my nieces birthdays at the World. One is turning 10 on the 20th (MLK day :scared:) and the other is turning 16 on the 25th. We are finally under the 11 month mark. :cool1:

I am hoping to get in at BOG too while on this trip. Hopeful we will be able to get an ADR.

There is nothing better than celebrating a birthday at WDW. Lucky you to be able to celebrate two during your trip. We stayed at CBR the first time we took our DD to WDW at 20 months old. We have some wonderful memories there. Our DD still talks about them 4 years later.

And, I originally really thought we would be off-site, but, after talking with my husband last night, we might stay on site after all! I am just so torn! The main reason we are now thinking on-site is b/c of the magic plus or whatever fastpass thing/reserve your times. !!

Are they only going to offer fastpass+ to resort guests only?

Congrats on getting your August ADRs! Everything looks great! :woohoo: Were you able to get everything confirmed?

Don't worry about posting that here and not on the 2013 thread - we share in your excitement as well! ::yes::

Awww, thanks! :lovestruc I'm pretty excited about squeezing in a 2013 trip since we weren't planning one, but my 2 year old keeps asking to ride the monorail or the bus at Disney. When you ask what he wants for his Aug birthday he asks to ride the monorail! So my hubby begrudgingly agreed so long as he got the DxDP! ;) Everything is confirmed and showing up online on My Disney Experience! And I was able to get my additional reservations online that I didn't book over the phone! I just have to decide about our check in night still! I've pretty much already planned out our Jan 2014 trip ADRs wish list so this one snuck up on me! ;):rotfl2:

Today it is 1 year until we arrive at the happy place:cool1: Although still undecided if we will stay POP or AOA LM rooms.

We love the POP, but dd5,loves Aerial and she would love to stay there. But all I have read about the walk, I just don't know what to do.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter