• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

How does one submit their 10K time for wine and dine?

Sorry if that was posted already but this is a really long thread and I am guessing finding the answer would be difficult. :-)

From the FAQ page...

runDisney said:
Please email your updated proof of time (include the race you registered for, your official race time, along with the year and name of the race) to disneysports@trackshack.com by September 1, 2013. After September 1, all proof of time updates must be made during the Expo at the Runner Relations booth.

Now, for Marathon Weekend in January runners cannot change times at the expo...so they either haven't carried this over to Wine & Dine yet or they haven't updated the FAQ page. But I've emailed them new times in the past and it's been fine - in fact, I've gotten replies from an actual person. It's pretty easy! :)

It's 83 degrees with 46% humidity...I went to a late lunch (2pm) at Chuck E. Cheese with the family...and then I decided to try a run...:crazy2:.

I was fighting hard right from the start. I could tell that the pizza, soda and dessert was not a good pre-run diet, but I pushed through. I had a route in mind that I intended to run and I stuck with the 4/2 intervals. This was supposed to be an "off" day (hence the pre-run Chuck E. Cheese;)) so I didn't want to go too far or too fast. In the end, I managed to turn out a pretty decent run. I went 3.35 miles in 40:37 at a 12:07 pace:banana:.

Kristen - Good going on the runs! The heat is awful! I am in CT and we are on day 2 of a heat wave. I am hoping to go tomorrow morning at 5:30 and today at that time it was over 70. But like you said before, I guess we have to get used to the heat.

I need some motivation from my W&D pals. I have done no runs since my first 1/2 two weeks ago. Don't know if it is the heat, that my Nike App has all my stats wrong or what. :sad1: I have done walks and my normal workouts, just gotta get back in the groove for running. I have a few local 1/2s I would like to do in September, so I gotta get back on track. I am determined to go tomorrow morning! No matter what! :thumbsup2

Kristen - Good going on the runs! The heat is awful! I am in CT and we are on day 2 of a heat wave. I am hoping to go tomorrow morning at 5:30 and today at that time it was over 70. But like you said before, I guess we have to get used to the heat.

I need some motivation from my W&D pals. I have done no runs since my first 1/2 two weeks ago. Don't know if it is the heat, that my Nike App has all my stats wrong or what. :sad1: I have done walks and my normal workouts, just gotta get back in the groove for running. I have a few local 1/2s I would like to do in September, so I gotta get back on track. I am determined to go tomorrow morning! No matter what! :thumbsup2

Hi! This is my first post although I've read most of these!

Here are some images that keeps me motivated for my training: I'm jogging around the corner into the front gate of Animal Kingdom. There are large white birds roosting in the trees as I come up on a view of the Tree. Cast members and volunteers CHEERing and clapping. I'm happy that I decided to do this!

My second favorite image is running through Hollywood Studios, coming out of the backlot and around a corner. There are millions of lights! Breathtaking! Again, I feel happy that my training got me here.

Nothing motivates me like the sight of Spaceship Earth, though. What a beautiful object to run past, especially at night, in a group of the relatively few of us who chose to run this thing.
I want to be strong enough to enjoy looking at these amazing sights.

Your groove will come back! :)

I ran a 5K charity race last night and it was brutal. Temps were in the 90's and it was a predominantly westbound course right into the sun.

I stunk. 2nd worse time I've ever run (1st being my 1st ever 5K on CC).

All I could think of was "I'm never going to make it 13.1 miles" :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Going to try to get back on that figurative horse on Saturday with my 2nd attempt at 8 miles. I tried it a few weeks ago and while I finished, I also stunk.

Not doing good right now......

Okay...here's what I'm looking forward to.

As much as people complain about it...I like waiting for the start at Disney races. The atmosphere is electric!
WineDineStart.jpg

Then getting one of these bad boys at the finish line...so excited for this medal!
7616357726_1875650b88.jpg

And in between of course I'm looking forward to everything dmross said below. What keeps me going in training is knowing that if I am not in good enough shape to comfortably complete the race while having a great time and taking in everything dmross describes...I'll just be really disappointed in myself. I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself if I arrive there knowing I didn't try my very best to get ready for the race. That's enough to get me out the door even when I don't really want to run.
Hi! This is my first post although I've read most of these!

Here are some images that keeps me motivated for my training: I'm jogging around the corner into the front gate of Animal Kingdom. There are large white birds roosting in the trees as I come up on a view of the Tree. Cast members and volunteers CHEERing and clapping. I'm happy that I decided to do this!

My second favorite image is running through Hollywood Studios, coming out of the backlot and around a corner. There are millions of lights! Breathtaking! Again, I feel happy that my training got me here.

Nothing motivates me like the sight of Spaceship Earth, though. What a beautiful object to run past, especially at night, in a group of the relatively few of us who chose to run this thing.
I want to be strong enough to enjoy looking at these amazing sights.

Your groove will come back! :)
AHHHH can't wait!! :)
I ran a 5K charity race last night and it was brutal. Temps were in the 90's and it was a predominantly westbound course right into the sun.

All I could think of was "I'm never going to make it 13.1 miles" :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Going to try to get back on that figurative horse on Saturday with my 2nd attempt at 8 miles. I tried it a few weeks ago and while I finished, I also stunk.

Temps in the 90s going directly into the sun?! I would have cried. The weather really has such a HUGE impact on running - don't get down on yourself. When you go out for your 8-miler, can you try to get started pretty early in the day? Pay attention to your hydration and don't beat yourself up for slowing your pace a bit to get it done. You can do it! :yay:

... But you did it! Every time I have a bad run, I remind myself that even a bad run is faster/farther/better than no run at all:).

I have a 5K tomorrow night. It will be my 6th one this year. I don't know how it will go, but I'm going to try and enjoy the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ariel484 said:
Okay...here's what I'm looking forward to.

As much as people complain about it...I like waiting for the start at Disney races. The atmosphere is electric!

Then getting one of these bad boys at the finish line...so excited for this medal!

And in between of course I'm looking forward to everything dmross said below. What keeps me going in training is knowing that if I am not in good enough shape to comfortably complete the race while having a great time and taking in everything dmross describes...I'll just be really disappointed in myself. I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself if I arrive there knowing I didn't try my very best to get ready for the race. That's enough to get me out the door even when I don't really want to run.

AHHHH can't wait!! :)

Temps in the 90s going directly into the sun?! I would have cried. The weather really has such a HUGE impact on running - don't get down on yourself. When you go out for your 8-miler, can you try to get started pretty early in the day? Pay attention to your hydration and don't beat yourself up for slowing your pace a bit to get it done. You can do it! :yay:

Agree with all of this! I love the start at wine and dine. What a party!

Also, as for motivation i usually tell myself that you just can't "fake" running - and enjoy running - a distance race. You've got to put in the time. And sometimes those brutal or unmotivated runs are just there to teach you that even when the run stinks, you can still get thru it.

What's this I hear?? A runner who had a bad race?? Have no fear my friend, we have ALL been there! ::yes:: I think the only reason I finished my 1/2 back in March was I would be too embarassed to not do so. :eek: Believe me, we all have crappy runs, but they help us keep things in perspective. I believe you have to have the lousy ones every so often, just so you can really appreciate the good (and dare I say GREAT) ones??!! :cool1: Just remember, the Disney races are all about the experience: running in the most magical place on earth with 14,000 other people, most of which are there just to have fun on their way to the finish line. So shake it off, keep your chin up, and keep in mind why you're doing this.:cheer2:

Also, as for motivation i usually tell myself that you just can't "fake" running - and enjoy running - a distance race. You've got to put in the time. And sometimes those brutal or unmotivated runs are just there to teach you that even when the run stinks, you can still get thru it.

Couldn't have said it better! :banana:

Agree with all of this! I love the start at wine and dine. What a party!

:worship: SO true about not being able to fake running. It's hard work but so worth it.
I believe you have to have the lousy ones every so often, just so you can really appreciate the good (and dare I say GREAT) ones??!! :cool1: Just remember, the Disney races are all about the experience: running in the most magical place on earth with 14,000 other people, most of which are there just to have fun on their way to the finish line. So shake it off, keep your chin up, and keep in mind why you're doing this.:cheer2:
I so agree with this! I hate having bad runs but they don't happen all the time, and like you said, it makes me that much happier when I have a great one. :)

Another motivator - wearing your medal around the parks the day after the race! Sometimes the characters will do really fun things if they see you with your medal. :) I always look forward to that. And proudly wearing my "I Did It!" shirt too, of course.

Well, I'm in a pickle:confused3. Today is a run day and I have a 5K on the schedule for 7pm tonight. The problem is that there is a 40% chance of thunderstorms! The race is along the lakeshore which makes predicting the weather even more difficult. The storms tend to either die out or strengthen when they cross Lake Michigan so who knows whether or not the race will even happen. Right now, it is about 75 degrees and overcast, but not raining, so it would be a good time to go for a run. Would I be OK if I ran 3-5 miles this morning/early afternoon and still did the 5K tonight? I don't want to skip a run this afternoon only to have the 5K cancelled due to weather. OTOH, I don't want to risk overdoing it by running twice in one day. I don't think I would have a problem, but I don't know if it is OK from a training/injury prevention standpoint.

Well, I'm in a pickle:confused3. Today is a run day and I have a 5K on the schedule for 7pm tonight. The problem is that there is a 40% chance of thunderstorms! The race is along the lakeshore which makes predicting the weather even more difficult. The storms tend to either die out or strengthen when they cross Lake Michigan so who knows whether or not the race will even happen. Right now, it is about 75 degrees and overcast, but not raining, so it would be a good time to go for a run. Would I be OK if I ran 3-5 miles this morning/early afternoon and still did the 5K tonight? I don't want to skip a run this afternoon only to have the 5K cancelled due to weather. OTOH, I don't want to risk overdoing it by running twice in one day. I don't think I would have a problem, but I don't know if it is OK from a training/injury prevention standpoint.

If you think you're in good enough shape to do it, it might be okay. If it were me doing it, I'd monitor my hydration very closely before/in between runs/during/after and would take it easy on one or both of the runs. And definitely take tomorrow as a total rest day.

But keep in mind what your ultimate goal is...the half in November. Missing one run won't derail your training, and if you think there's any chance at all that you'll do yourself harm by running twice in one day, I wouldn't chance it.

Ariel484 said:
:worship: SO true about not being able to fake running. It's hard work but so worth it.

I so agree with this! I hate having bad runs but they don't happen all the time, and like you said, it makes me that much happier when I have a great one. :)

Another motivator - wearing your medal around the parks the day after the race! Sometimes the characters will do really fun things if they see you with your medal. :) I always look forward to that. And proudly wearing my "I Did It!" shirt too, of course.

Had one of those "bad" runs tonight actually. Horrible horrible heat at the YMCA tonight (no a/c) so what I thought would be a nice 3 mile run was a complete gasping for my life disaster! I'm certain they were watching me on the monitor worrying that they might need to call a medic bc my face was so red! But I finished and am LOVING my icy cold protein smoothie right now!

I think I'll wear my "I did it" shirt tonight just as some extra consolation!

I did the 5K tonight! The weather was fine and I did my best time ever! My chip time was 33:42 which is over 30 seconds better than my previous PR!

Kristen - awesome time! Good for you! :thumbsup2 Congrats!

Figment - Bless your heart! ;) Glad you are ok, but awesome on getting the run in. I bet that nice cold smoothie tasted good :woohoo:

Thanks to everyone who gave me some motivation:worship: I got out there yesterday and did a 3.2 at 5:30A First two miles were pretty good, but got a tad slower on the third mile because it was so humid. But I did it, thinking of all the kudos and images everyone gave me! You guys are the best. :thumbsup2

I did the 5K tonight! The weather was fine and I did my best time ever! My chip time was 33:42 which is over 30 seconds better than my previous PR!

:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Thanks to everyone who gave me some motivation:worship: I got out there yesterday and did a 3.2 at 5:30A First two miles were pretty good, but got a tad slower on the third mile because it was so humid. But I did it, thinking of all the kudos and images everyone gave me! You guys are the best. :thumbsup2

That's what we're here for! :dance3:

Congrats on the new PR! That's a great time. :)
Kristen - awesome time! Good for you! :thumbsup2 Congrats!

Figment - Bless your heart! ;) Glad you are ok, but awesome on getting the run in. I bet that nice cold smoothie tasted good :woohoo:

:yay: These training cycles are so long, I think it's totally normally to feel unmotivated once in awhile. Good job getting back out there! :thumbsup2

I'm in!! :) This will be my first half marathon...the longest I have done prior to this is a 10k this past april.. I ran the Jungle Jingle 5k last year and it really inspired me to sign up for the half this year. I was hooked on the Disney way :) Running with everyone around me in disney gear and having fellow runners cheer each other on, was amazing! I've run quite a few 5k's in the past, but this was the best ever!!! Where else can you stop and pet animals along the race course?! Even with stopping to take pictures with the characters, I had my best 5k time ever because I was just having so much fun!!!
Anyway, I have a group of friends committed to running with me this year and it will be their first half also! I'm so excited for this experience and will crawl across that finish line if I have to, LOL!!

Let's do this!

For those of you on a plan like Higdon or Galloway, how bad do you let a run be before you repeat it? I finished but really stunk at my 8 miler two weeks ago and am going to repeat it today Runner friends tell me just to suck it up and move on with the plan.

What's your philosophies?

For those of you on a plan like Higdon or Galloway, how bad do you let a run be before you repeat it? I finished but really stunk at my 8 miler two weeks ago and am going to repeat it today Runner friends tell me just to suck it up and move on with the plan.

What's your philosophies?

If I complete the distance, no matter how terrible it was, I consider it done and move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter