• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Me too! I think I may be more excited about the kids free weekend than the actual race. First half for us too.

Us too! First half, kids free weekend! Too funny that for a kids free weekend we pick a) Disney and b) for a half-marathon! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am not familiar with the kids free weekend. What does that mean?

This will be my first half marathon as well.

LOL.
I thought it was some sort of Disney promotion and was worrying that WDW was going to be packed shoulder to shoulder with people trying to take advantage of the promotion. Silly me.
:joker:

The way Disney does promos, you never know. lol:lmao::lmao:

Woohoo!! I'm in with y'all! We decided we're going to make a weekend out of it. DH will do the 5K, kids will each do the mile, and I'm going half for the 2nd year in a row! I am SO excited! I will be running it alone this year (had a friend coach me through last year), so hopefully I can meet up with some of you Wisher's for a great race!!

And to all of you who will be doing this as your first half - it will get you hooked! Last years was my 1st (and thus far only) half, but I've gotten even more into running since then, so I'm super excited to be going this one again! I think I'm also going to head to the Princess Half in February!

So, my training is still on track. I haven't posted my updated blog on here lately, and I'm about to do half #4 of the year! So, check it out at www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com Thanks! We are booked for AoA from wednesday til Monday and DW is super stoked. Bringing the inlaws and nieces and all! Can't wait!

Does anyone run while on vacation at Disney? I brought my stuff because I really wanted to stick to my running plan for the 10 miler in May and didn't run once! We were either at the parks all day or I have to admit the 3x we went back to the room, I napped right next to my 5 year old!

Does anyone run while on vacation at Disney? I brought my stuff because I really wanted to stick to my running plan for the 10 miler in May and didn't run once! We were either at the parks all day or I have to admit the 3x we went back to the room, I napped right next to my 5 year old!

I usually do, but I'll go before we hit the parks in the morning. It's easier for us though as the time difference means I'm often up silly early at first so there's time to burn before rope drop. I'm always amazed by how many other runners/walkers are up and about at 6am when on vacation.

I usually make it a point to run once or twice. I get up in the morning and go. It's awesome to explore the resorts on foot in the early morning.

I'm in! So excited! Just registered. I've done the Princess 3 times but no other runDis race. I'm really pumped about a new course AND especially excited about the lights! I'll be spending the next day or so reading back over this thread for info!

I'm in! So excited! Just registered. I've done the Princess 3 times but no other runDis race. I'm really pumped about a new course AND especially excited about the lights! I'll be spending the next day or so reading back over this thread for info!

Pshhhh. Most excited about seeing meeeeeee again!

The DH and I run every time we go to WDW :cool1:. We'll get up and run before going to the parks so it's done for the day and not crowded everywhere. We do however take it easy on the mileage as we know we'll be on our feet the rest of the day!:goodvibes And it never surprises me how many people are up and about in the morning running, especially around the loop at the Boardwalk. :coffee:

Snelldog, I was cringing as I read that race report. Wtg.

I don't like hills. At. All.

My newest blog post is up! Don't forget, all of these are culminating with my 13th 13 in 13 at the wine and dine half! That's why upu care! ;-) www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com

First let me say congrats and awesome job!:cool1: :thumbsup2:banana: Now let me lay into you.:lmao: A sub 2-hour half and you're complaining??!!?? REALLY??!!??:lmao::rotfl2:I'll probably never see that in my lifetime!:sad: Have to love that post run ice cream though!:love:

Congrats!!! I have a hard enough time running on flat Florida land, I'm not sure I could handle a course like that (yet)!!!

Right there with ya. The only hills I see down here are the dumps. Blecchhh!!! :faint:

Another early riser who runs. We usually stay at BLT and running past the MK early in the AM is really nice. It feels so good getting back to my room in time to wake up the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter