• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Today was to be my first training day for Marine Corps, Wine and Dine, and Dopey. The April Fool's joke was on me. I could not locate my running gear (shoes, Garmin, chest strap, etc.). Finally realized that I have not seen any of it since I returned from WDW in January. When I got home after a misery performance during Full Marathon part of Goofy, I threw down my running bag in disgust and forgot about it. Guess the new start of training will be Wednesday.

just signed up!!! this will be my first half, im running in the tower of terror a month earlier... anyway i was wonder if anyone had any tips for training with a threadmill, im doing the run walk run method they have on the rundisney site... i know its better to run outside but since i work nights i have time to run around noon on weekdays and since i live in flordia running outside at that time isnt an option ill be able to do an outside run on the weekend when it cools off in the evenings.

I am jumping in to start this! My DH and I have decided to do this, and besides my doing the C25K last year and running a 5k, this will be my first attempt at a run of any significance. :thumbsup2

If you have decided to do this run too, then please join in and let's work together to be ready for next November!

Race weekend is November 8th to 10th, 2013 with the race being held November 9th at 10pm.

Planned Participants, Wine and Dine Half Marathon:
(1&2) Schoonersky & DH (3) Helloirishkitty (4) Mac4life30 (5) Tiger Lily 03 (maybe?)
(6) Rupert B Puppenstein (possibly, unless the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon wins out!)
(7) es45 (8) Haas4Concern (9) Mking623 (maybe!) (10&11) Nole95 & DW (maybe!)
(12) Lerxst (13) irishwishes (14) Longhorns2 (15) UGAFan0829 (16) snelldog
(17) EeyoreEma (18) yourfriend (19) houseofmousefor4ofus (20) crk1977 (DH)
(21) JennyDrake (22) strawberry's mom&dad (23) mrs goofy ?
(24&25) MikeofRose&Mike and Rose&Mike (26) CruiseBoundKY (27) sillylily
(28) dougb0 (29) cinderelley (30) OregonGirl (31) CamColt ? (32) ArmyVet80 (DW)
(33) DCbride (34) Disney52303 (35) rebapple ? (36) cruisindisney ? (37) MonkeyDishwasher
(38,39,40,41) wood8176 & DW & DB & gal (42) bellanotte10 (43) bigtony777
(44) FloridaNative8 (45) bungchiwow (46) wallawallakids (DH) (47) Shang Runner
(48) Liliesinthevalley (49) vbarry (50) tiffrobyn (51) Tinker326
(52&53) capeseal & DH ? (54) zgirls (55) NickiSue (56) the antifanatic
(57) ery949 (58) jeanigor (59,60,61,62) cjhinch & DH (+DSis & BIL??)
(63) smileyk8 (64) PlutoBaby (65&66) fozziepitysthefool & DS
(67) Fruto76 (68) pix13dust (69&70) LWQuestie & DH (71) wdwpluto
(72&73) bjakmom & DH

Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k:
(1) Melissahac99
(2) BernardandMissBianca ?
(3&4) bjakmom & DGrD
(5&6) schoonersky & DH ?? maybe...really like that medal!
:thumbsup2

Supporters and/or 2014 hopefuls:
Sleepless Knight (ran 2012)

I will try to keep the list updated but if I get your information wrong, or you don't want to be on the list just pm me!

time to update the list-I am in for the 5k as well!

My husband (Rocky) and I are both registered now for the half and the 5K. We have tried other Disney races but this will be the first time at Wine and Dine.

I look forward to following everyone's progress on the board.

Just realized I didn't make it official! I'm running the half, as is my DH (DEA on the boards). Our first W&D - we both completed the WDW half in January. That one was my first half!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

just signed up!!! this will be my first half, im running in the tower of terror a month earlier... anyway i was wonder if anyone had any tips for training with a threadmill, im doing the run walk run method they have on the rundisney site... i know its better to run outside but since i work nights i have time to run around noon on weekdays and since i live in flordia running outside at that time isnt an option ill be able to do an outside run on the weekend when it cools off in the evenings.

Hi neighbor!:wave2: I used to work afternoons so had to run in the late mornings. I just made sure to hydrate really well. I actually found it to be an advantage come race time as most people weren't used to the humidity. :faint: You might want to try just running outside during the week once in a while. I was surprised how quickly I acclimated to the higher temps! ::yes::

I am for the half with my favorite running buddy - my DN. She is soooo much faster than I am, but we have fun hanging out together before the race. I usually give her a Disney gift card to stick in her running shorts pocket, so she can get herself something to eat and drink while she waits for me to finish - she would actually have time for a shower too but is too polite to leave me :rotfl:

My best friend and I are registered for the Jingle Jungle 5k. So excited!

I just booked the the Treehouses at Saratoga Springs!! Now I have to wait for the next pay day to officially register for the half and after party! I'm getting so excited!

I just booked the the Treehouses at Saratoga Springs!! Now I have to wait for the next pay day to officially register for the half and after party! I'm getting so excited!

I'm booked at the treehouses too!

Hi, I am new to this board. I am 50 yrs old and I started running 5ks about 3 years ago. So far I have run in 3 5ks for Race For the Cure (breast cancer), one local race for Diabetes research, and the 2012 Jingle Jungle 5k.
My dh and I enjoyed the Jingle Jungle race but it was over too quickly so I have decided to run the Princess half-marathon this year.
I am also planning on volunteering at the Wine and Dine half marathon this year and running the Wine and Dine half marathon in 2014.
My dh, my dd and I are running our first 10k this weekend!

Hi neighbor!:wave2: I used to work afternoons so had to run in the late mornings. I just made sure to hydrate really well. I actually found it to be an advantage come race time as most people weren't used to the humidity. :faint: You might want to try just running outside during the week once in a while. I was surprised how quickly I acclimated to the higher temps! ::yes::

right now im not too worried about running during the day its still in the low 80's but i know in the coming weeks its going to hit 90+ so im more worried about my safety than anything... ill probably try running on cooler days and then at night for sure on my long runs on the weekend..

Hi Neighbor! We actually have a split stay - the Treehouses weren't available for the whole 8 days, so we are splitting our time at a 2 bedroom suite at Saratoga as well.

Is too! Treehouse and wilderness lodge for us!

Me too. I'm in for the half. :)

:wave2::banana:

I am for the half with my favorite running buddy - my DN. She is soooo much faster than I am, but we have fun hanging out together before the race. I usually give her a Disney gift card to stick in her running shorts pocket, so she can get herself something to eat and drink while she waits for me to finish - she would actually have time for a shower too but is too polite to leave me :rotfl:

:lmao: That's a great idea! Think I'll spoil my chEar squad and get them all extra gift cards. It'll be long after midnight before I get there!:scared1:

right now im not too worried about running during the day its still in the low 80's but i know in the coming weeks its going to hit 90+ so im more worried about my safety than anything... ill probably try running on cooler days and then at night for sure on my long runs on the weekend..

The DH and I usually get up early (at least for me!) on the weekends and try to get the miles in before it gets TOO steamy. We make sure to bring the key to our community pool and jump in at the end of the run, clothes and all! :jumping1:

I'm so happy to have finally found this thread!

We signed up last week! Second W&D here! First was in 2011 and had already planned our 2012 trip (Disney wedding) around the assumption W&D would be the same weekend, only to be replaced by ToT! Super excited!

Sadly, i have to bail on the W&D this year. Dopey is going to take my W&D budget and then some. Its tough because W&D is my favorite, but Dopey sounds too crazy to pass up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter