The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

I'm thinking about it. I am doing my first Disney or any race in Feb-the Disney's Princess Half Marathon. Come June I will be living in Celebration so travel is not an issue. Just unsure how I feel about a night race.

Dates for the F&W festival as well as the Wine and Dine half marathon are posted on Disney.com! The race dates listed are 11/8 and 11/9/13.

If you have decided to do this run too, then please join in and let's work together to be ready for next November!

I am in and so is DW. Unless the week moves, because the following weekend we have Florida at home.

Looks like ill be able to do the W&D again in 2013! Count me in

Looking forward to seeing you again.

I think I'm in!
I'm tentatively planning on Marathon or Goofy in 2014, so this would just be another training run, right? ;)

Did W&D in 2012 and doing Marathon in 11 days. You can definitely use it as a training run.

I would love to hear about this one - am I understanding correctly that it's run at night? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that the inaugural run was not that great but this year's went well. Does anyone have any info about this race to help inspire me?

Yes, it is at night. Yes, the first year was bad.
But every year has been an improvement.

Plan on being slower that normal because:
1) Even at night in December it is warm.
2) It's hard to stay off your feet all day at Disney, I had 10 miles on my pedometer by race start.

It's a great race. AK and DHS are fun to run through. The Osborne lights will be up. How's that for inspiration.

I really want to do this but we have a cruise the very next week. I will be on the rail until the dates are final and I can price travel.

I want the WnD to be my first half.

Does anyone know if I can use my time from a 7 mile mini to better my corral and what that time would have to be in order to help?

Thanx!!!!

Dates for the F&W festival as well as the Wine and Dine half marathon are posted on Disney.com! The race dates listed are 11/8 and 11/9/13.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but where did you find that info? I was just looking on RunDisney and didn't see anything listed.

Thanks!

Subbing.
DH and I are headed down to do a couples weekend with friends but I'd love to squeeze in a race. Only problem is they are non-runners.

I could possibly do the 5K with DH, it wouldn't take a huge amount of time away from the friends.
Is the race at night like Everest?

Hi all,

This will be my first runDisney race, and my first (or second if I do another one this summer) half. I'll run with my brother-in-law, once I convince him! Most importantly, the race will be on my birthday! What an awesome present!

My sister and I will be running in this one! We just ran our first 5k this past October! If the 1/2 marathon doesn't kill us, we'll run a full marathon! The 5k was initially my plan and I almost quit but I couldn't let my sister show me up. Now look where we're headed! Me and my big mouth! :rotfl:

OMG I am totally in! Ran it in 2011 and loved it!!

Then ran the 2012 Princess, and the 2012 Disneyland Half, and the Wine & Dine remains my favorite.

Hope to also do the Disneyland Half in 2013 for my second coast to coast. Yay!

- Carey

DH and I are throwing around the idea of trying this. It will be the first 1/2 for both of us. For those who had done this, any words of advice or encouragement? Anything a first timer (for any Run Disney race) should know?

My wife and some of her co workers plan on running in the Wine and Dine in 2013. I would have but ended up dislocating my knee cap and tearing up my knee pretty good. I guess they will have a cheer section now. :laughing: They are going to run the Mini 500 Festival half marathon here in Indianapolis as a warm up run for the Wine and Dine.

2012 W&D was my first half- I loved it. we are definitely going 11/6-11/11. if the date stays the same I will run it again. last time I did the 5 k in the morning. I will skip that in 2013. WAY too long of a day since we couldn't stay out of the parks.

typing on my kindle and not doing well with caps I see :rotfl2:

I am in! I did the princess half in 2010 and castaway cay 5k in April 2012 :) we coincidentally have a trip planned during this race so I can't not so it, right!? We booked before we saw the date!

I am prepared for an exhausting weekend. We are DVC and staying club level at AKL... And planning the sunrise safari on the morning of the 10th. Eek! We don't have a choice on dates :(

Can't wait to get to know some fellow runners!

If it is the 8-9th does the half take place the night of the 9th if so will the expo be open for packet pickup that morning? I work for a department store and are not allowed vacation time in November or December, so I was hoping to fly out the 8th at night or 9th in the morning and back the 10th

rebapple said:
If it is the 8-9th does the half take place the night of the 9th if so will the expo be open for packet pickup that morning? I work for a department store and are not allowed vacation time in November or December, so I was hoping to fly out the 8th at night or 9th in the morning and back the 10th

Yes- the half was at 10pm Saturday night this past year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter