The Official 2013 Fall/Fall Advantage Thread!!

I just came up with a question that is kind of bugging me, because I'm sure I've read the answer to it somewhere but I can't find it.

One of my top choices is Character Performer, and I plan on attending the audition in Austin on March 23rd. However, if I do my phone interview and everything, do I have to wait until after the auditions to hear anything? Like, could they offer me something else before the auditions even happen, or is me saying one of my top choices is character attendant basically setting me up for a "pended" status?

Part of this is impatience to just know if I got accepted or not, but part of it is also because I need to know before the second week in April because I need to renew the lease on my apartment, and if Character Performer will set back me knowing, I may have to think twice about putting it as a top choice.

Thanks for your help!

From what I understand the only situation you would be definitely pended for would be if you only chose Character Performer as your ONLY role choice.

People I know who have gotten character performer said they were offered another role (merch, attractions, whatever..) and they accepted that role first. Then they went to the auditions and if they passed they were offered the character performer role and were switched to that role instead. If they did not pass they did the program with the original role they were offered.

So I would still put it as your top choice, and as long as you have other roles you would be willing to do you should be okay. Just apply early enough that you would hopefully get an offer before you need to renew your lease!

RogerRadcliffe said:
Lyanne! When you say "express great interest" should I go into great detail into what I want out of the role? Any other things I should mention if I want a specific role?

I'm sure that expressing what you would like out of it would be helpful. It's still no guarantee that you'll get it but at least it would be clear that that's what you *really* want.

I can't think of any specific thing you could say but in my opinion it wouldn't hurt to mention or hint at the role you'd like throughout the interview.

For example, I remember them asking if I liked working indoors or outdoors. Maybe I could've said: I wouldn't mind either one but I enjoy working outdoors like the hardworking Photopass photographers I always see at the parks. ;) Instead I said: both. :p

Of course, this is all just my opinion! There's no certainty that it will actually work! You can try whatever works best for you. :)

I'm sure that expressing what you would like out of it would be helpful. It's still no guarantee that you'll get it but at least it would be clear that that's what you *really* want.

I can't think of any specific thing you could say but in my opinion it wouldn't hurt to mention or hint at the role you'd like throughout the interview.

For example, I remember them asking if I liked working indoors or outdoors. Maybe I could've said: I wouldn't mind either one but I enjoy working outdoors like the hardworking Photopass photographers I always see at the parks. ;) Instead I said: both. :p

Of course, this is all just my opinion! There's no certainty that it will actually work! You can try whatever works best for you. :)
Thanks!

What I've heard works best (and what I can easily relate to) is relating the strengths to the roles that you want.

It definitely makes sense to make of expressing your goals, and reasoning behind wanting a position too. I think it's just what works for you best, honestly.

I'm mainly focused on Attractions, and figuring out the best way to relate to the roles/areas that I am interested in.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

RogerRadcliffe said:
Thanks!

What I've heard works best (and what I can easily relate to) is relating the strengths to the roles that you want.

It definitely makes sense to make of expressing your goals, and reasoning behind wanting a position too. I think it's just what works for you best, honestly.

I'm mainly focused on Attractions, and figuring out the best way to relate to the roles/areas that I am interested in.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

That definitely sounds like a good plan for the interview. :)

I hope you get the attraction you want! :goodvibes:

To those who have applied since I applied last (February 2010), I have a question. :)

I noticed that the application process changed a lot, and I guess I didn't read up enough on it. But how does it work, exactly? I applied, but I was expecting a fancy video or the web interview to pop up, but instead I got something saying they'd review my application within the next 5 days?

I really hope I didn't do anything wrong! Like everybody else, I've really had my heart set on applying, and I couldn't do Summer Alumni because my school was on quarters 2 years ago, so this was my only chance. :sad2: Maybe this had something to do with me having done the CP before and then going Seasonal, so maybe the system is aware of that (as I did indicate it) and I have to wait on my rehire status? (Which I really hope isn't an issue--I talked to my area manager in her office about it and she said she had no reason to not put my status as a yes to rehire, and I just had to keep a job for the past six months.)

Ah! I'm just so worried, haha. Hopefully one of you guys can help? :)

It changed significantly in Fall 2011.

Now it is like this
  • Apply
  • Wait for web interview invitation
  • complete web interview
  • process may end at this point or you will get instructions to set up a phone interview
  • do the phone interview
  • within 2 weeks know if you are offered, declined, or pended (this is the same as it was)

They don't require anyone to go to a presentation anymore. That was done away that fall too. They removed the e-presentation then too.

If you noticed, the application itself touched on just about every thing that was discussed during the old presentations.

It changed significantly in Fall 2011.

Now it is like this
  • Apply
  • Wait for web interview invitation
  • complete web interview
  • process may end at this point or you will get instructions to set up a phone interview
  • do the phone interview
  • within 2 weeks know if you are offered, declined, or pended (this is the same as it was)

They don't require anyone to go to a presentation anymore. That was done away that fall too. They removed the e-presentation then too.

If you noticed, the application itself touched on just about every thing that was discussed during the old presentations.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I feel much better now about it! Looking through the website now that you say that, it does make a lot of sense. I think I was avoiding the website for the past couple of years because I didn't want to be tempted to apply. (I knew that if I applied and got accepted, I'd never graduate. :upsidedow) Hopefully I'll get that email soon!

applied and impatiently waiting for both emails. I guess the system is busy processing that the 'Thank you for Applying' email has not been sent yet and neither has the WBI Invitation email. Not to fret though others in my FB group have said the same thing that it's up to 2 hours before you might get a email!

Some are already getting their phone interviews schedule. I'm so excited and nervous!

Ahh this is becoming soooo official!! Just did the application...I'm nervous already..but ohhh so excited!! :D :D
Good luck to all!! :cheer2:

so i just submitted my app, but i realized i did something wrong on it... i have not done the WBI or anything else yet... is there any way to edit it or should I just tell them during the phone interview?

Filled out my application and received my thank you e-mail about an hour later! :goodvibes

Now I'm waiting on that WBI...

Good luck everybody! I got to skip the WBI (I've done it and passed it in the last six months) and I have an interview Monday at 5 PM! :D

I'm currently waiting on the WBI as I haven't applied before, but I'm a bit curious about how phone interviews work. Do they give you a random time or do they ask for when you're available? I have classes that I can't miss and I'm going to be out of town for the first week of March (in Orlando).

I'm currently waiting on the WBI as I haven't applied before, but I'm a bit curious about how phone interviews work. Do they give you a random time or do they ask for when you're available? I have classes that I can't miss and I'm going to be out of town for the first week of March (in Orlando).

They show you available dates and times to pick from. There are times available up until 11pm EST.

Just got my WBI Email..about to take..ahhhh *crosses fingers*:scared: pixiedust:

Good luck everyone!!

Good luck! :thumbsup2

I have to wait until tonight to apply because I have a bunch of homework due at midnight, and I know if I start the application now, I won't be in the mood to work on homework for the rest of the day :rotfl:

Good luck! :thumbsup2

I have to wait until tonight to apply because I have a bunch of homework due at midnight, and I know if I start the application now, I won't be in the mood to work on homework for the rest of the day :rotfl:

Thank you!!!:love:

I got through..yay!! :banana::banana:
Have to wait to get my email to set up the phone interview.

Haha I know what you mean about h.w...never ends lol.
Good luck finishing your assignments..and a huge huge good luck on you WBI!! :wizard: :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter