• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2013 Fall/Fall Advantage Thread!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Lien and I'm graduating Summer 2013 with my Accounting and Business Administration degrees. I applied last year for the Fall 2012 internship but was unable to go. I got housekeeping last time around and hope to get my dream role in BBB. I applied early this morning and am now waiting for my phone interview on Monday. Wishing everyone the best of luck through their application process!

How Darling! Congratulations to everyone who has applied, and best of luck with your Web Based and Phone Interviews! Remember to smile! :)

That definitely sounds like a good plan for the interview. :)

I hope you get the attraction you want! :goodvibes:
Thanks Lyanne! I'm REALLY hoping for quite a few different ones, but honestly will enjoy any attraction I receive. Just a little bit of magic!

It changed significantly in Fall 2011.

Now it is like this
  • within 2 weeks know if you are offered, declined, or pended (this is the same as it was)
Ah, the wonderful e-presentation and codes for those that went to the campus presentations, good old days.

Just thought I'd add it it sometimes a bit longer than the two weeks as several people have been left pending until the last few weeks of applications.

Hi everyone!

My name is Lien and I'm graduating Summer 2013 with my Accounting and Business Administration degrees. I applied last year for the Fall 2012 internship but was unable to go. I got housekeeping last time around and hope to get my dream role in BBB. I applied early this morning and am now waiting for my phone interview on Monday. Wishing everyone the best of luck through their application process!
Welcome Lien, to the Haunted Mansion... I mean the Fall Board. Congratulations on scheduling your phone interview, what are your top three role choices?

Best of luck, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I just received an e-mail asking me to take the Web Based interview. I'm not to sure if it's spam or not though because when I click on my dashboard, it doesn't show anything about me being able to take it and it says "Dear [#Application Master:Candidate_KnownAs#]" in the email ...

It looks like spam to me, but the email came from donotreply @ disneycareers.com, and the phone numbers listed are valid (you could probably get them from the internet though). I tried calling the number provided to see what was going on, and because it's past 5 their time, the office is closed and won't be open until Monday (when the interview would be do, and I've got classes all day)

What do you guys think about it? I don't want to open the interview and got a virus on my computer, but I also don't want to miss out if it's the real thing :confused:

By the way: I'm Brittany, I'm a Pre-Dental Hygiene student at UMKC and Disney has been a huge part of my life. I've gone I think 8 times to WDW, and once to DL. My mom used to be a travel agent for Disney World and has been almost 30 times, so Disney is very much a family thing.

I just received an e-mail asking me to take the Web Based interview. I'm not to sure if it's spam or not though because when I click on my dashboard, it doesn't show anything about me being able to take it and it says "Dear [#Application Master:Candidate_KnownAs#]" in the email ...

It looks like spam to me, but the email came from donotreply @ disneycareers.com, and the phone numbers listed are valid (you could probably get them from the internet though). I tried calling the number provided to see what was going on, and because it's past 5 their time, the office is closed and won't be open until Monday (when the interview would be do, and I've got classes all day)

What do you guys think about it? I don't want to open the interview and got a virus on my computer, but I also don't want to miss out if it's the real thing :confused:

By the way: I'm Brittany, I'm a Pre-Dental Hygiene student at UMKC and Disney has been a huge part of my life. I've gone I think 8 times to WDW, and once to DL. My mom used to be a travel agent for Disney World and has been almost 30 times, so Disney is very much a family thing.

That's it! I would suggest using Internet Explorer. Good luck!

I just submitted my application!
Just wanted to say a quick good luck to anyone else who applied and I hope we get to be co-workers in the fall!

Hey guys! Just applied for Fall 2013 and I was wondering how long does it take to receive the email for the WBI? It's past 5PM which is past their usual office hours so should I expect it tomorrow?
thanks!

Hey guys! Just applied for Fall 2013 and I was wondering how long does it take to receive the email for the WBI? It's past 5PM which is past their usual office hours so should I expect it tomorrow?
thanks!

I applied just about right at 10am CST, got the "thank you" email at 10:29am, and then got the WBI email at 11:11am. I've heard some people have been waiting all day for it.

thanks!

I applied around 2:15, received my "thank you for applying email" at 3, and then received my WBI email at 5:15. I got my phone interview schedule email ~10-15 minutes after passing the WBI.

Yay just got my thank you email :cool1:(meaning that I can stop freaking out about possibly putting down my email wrong lol)

Hi I have a question! I got a Dui in florida way back in 2010. I just applyed to be a cp in the fall of 2013, I did disclose that i did get a dui but im not convited of it! My charge should have been dropped in 2011 but the court house lost my case file and I had to wait until late 2012 for my case to open again. So now my case is pending which means until august and I will be free of the charges. On the application it says do you have any criminal charges pending against, I replied yes cause the case is still open. What are my chances of getting in? I'm not a criminal I just made a mistake and learned from it. But I would like to experience this program and i dont want this to be held against me.

Passed the WBI and scheduled my phone interview for 3PM central time on Wednesday!

This is all so surreal!

Whew! Passed the WBI and my phone interview is next Saturday! I was (stupidly)reading some comments on people not passing the WBI and so I was shaking as I clicked the start button :scared:

Good luck to all of you!

Phone interview next Friday @1:15, for me. Congrats to everyone so far:)

Hi I have a question! I got a Dui in florida way back in 2010. I just applyed to be a cp in the fall of 2013, I did disclose that i did get a dui but im not convited of it! My charge should have been dropped in 2011 but the court house lost my case file and I had to wait until late 2012 for my case to open again. So now my case is pending which means until august and I will be free of the charges. On the application it says do you have any criminal charges pending against, I replied yes cause the case is still open. What are my chances of getting in? I'm not a criminal I just made a mistake and learned from it. But I would like to experience this program and i dont want this to be held against me.

This is only my opinion, based on what I have read on these boards before. First I think it is good that you are honest about it and you will be honest about it in your phone interview (because they will ask). That can be your chance to explain that the charges are in the process of being dropped. If you are accepted they will run a background check on you so lying is not a good idea.

I have heard that sometimes they will send you some "extra" paperwork to fill out regarding your record. I think if they send you this paperwork it is a good sign that they want to hire you.

I think you still have a good chance of being accepted to the program and they may take it into account for certain roles (Like transportation) based on company policies, but I think as long as you are upfront and honest with the interviewer you should be okay.

Whew! Passed the WBI and my phone interview is next Saturday! I was (stupidly)reading some comments on people not passing the WBI and so I was shaking as I clicked the start button :scared:

Good luck to all of you!

I did the exact same thing! Made me so nervous! I passed the WBI and my phone interview is Friday at 5:45. I'm so excited!! :banana:

Good luck again to everybody!

I applied for the 3rd time so hope this time is lucky! I have made it to the waiting game stage twice and both times was denied during the final week of decisions :( I think I hurt my last chance by not choosing more roles because in the interview she said I limited myself to just hospitality type ones but that's what I am hoping for. I'm also much much older than all of the other hopeful CP'rs altho I know they have accepted people my age and older. I really want to do this - it would be a lifetime dream come true! I've applied to PI's too and last year at this time I was still being considered up until 3 pm of the final day for 2 different PI's but then got the dreaded declined email. I went back to college after my kids were grown and have worked so hard in school & have so much experience to offer Disney - I really really hope I get in this time!

I applied for the 3rd time so hope this time is lucky! I have made it to the waiting game stage twice and both times was denied during the final week of decisions :( I think I hurt my last chance by not choosing more roles because in the interview she said I limited myself to just hospitality type ones but that's what I am hoping for. I'm also much much older than all of the other hopeful CP'rs altho I know they have accepted people my age and older. I really want to do this - it would be a lifetime dream come true! I've applied to PI's too and last year at this time I was still being considered up until 3 pm of the final day for 2 different PI's but then got the dreaded declined email. I went back to college after my kids were grown and have worked so hard in school & have so much experience to offer Disney - I really really hope I get in this time!

Did you apply for more roles this time? Hospitality roles are hard to get if you aren't a hospitality major. You really need to sell yourself and explain why you would be a good fit for those roles! If you feel like you didn't get to really explain why you would be great there should be a time at the end of the interview where they ask if you have anything to add. This is where you can say "I know I would be fantastic working front desk because..." If you have been to Disney many times and have knowledge of the property make sure you tell them that!

Good luck!

I'm in the process of applying for the Fall DCP (YIPPEE!) but have hit a wall-- I have previously applied to the Disney Store, however it was over a year ago. I do not know the exact date and I don't think that they have my app on file any longer. I also applied for an internship with Disney Theatrical Group last summer, but they decided to close all of the applications and take the job out of the listings. So do either of these applications really count? Do I just put no? I'm afraid to be wrong and have them reject me instantly for it. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS MY DREAM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter