The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

I went to the first party (9/14). It was my first trip ever, so of course it was my first party ever, too. It was our belated honeymoon, and I dressed up as Snow White, my DH dressed up as Snow Prince :) I was afraid it would be too hot, especially because my DH was going to wear the cape (I didn't wear my cape), but the night was surprisingly nice, dry, and breezy. Our (or rather, my :rotfl:) goal for the night was to "hunt" all the Snow White characters at the party, plus Mickey and Minnie. The rest would be a bonus.

We arrived at MK at around 5:30. The line to get in was extremely short (aka. non-existent). We did some photopass in front of the castle, then head to Fantasyland, did Snow White ride, carousel, and Mickey's Philharmagic. At around 6:20, we tried to find Cinderella's carriage, but it wasn't out yet, so we just head to the 7 dwarfs place. The line was already forming, so we went in line at around 6:25. The carriage came out from the door next to the 7 dwarfs location shortly after we went in line. We had a nice chat with a DISer in front of us and a lady behind us (I don't know if she is a DISer). They were both very knowledgeable about the characters, and it was really fun to chat with them.

Dwarfs had a "Bashful" problem, so they didn't come out until around 7:15. We were about 10th in line, and the line moved quickly because the dwarfs don't sign. We had a great interaction with them: they all got excited to see Snow White and her prince ;) We then head to hunt the Hag with the lady who was behind us, but she wasn't out, and a CM told us she doesn't know when the Hag will be out, nor does she know if the Hag will be roaming. So we decided to head to the carriage to take some pictures, and said bye to the lady. Shortly after we joined the line to the carriage, the lady came back to us and told us that the hag was out. It was sooo nice of her :lovestruc We saw the hag immediately after that (at around 7:30), and she even signed:woohoo:!! Of course, she offered an apple to me, but as soon as she saw my prince, she started running away! My DH had a wonderful time chasing the hag.

We then head to Toontown to see the princes and princesses. The line was again short, and we got to see Cinderella and Prince Charming, Snow White and Snow Prince, Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, all in the same room :) It was so much fun to meet Snow White and her Prince. We did the same pose for the photopass picture, which turned out to be really funny. After that, we went to see Mickey and Minnie. Their costume was really cute. I think we got done with Mickey and Minnie at around 8:20. After that, we went to Donald's boat to see Donald and Daisy, but they just started changing locations, so we had to move to the entrance of the Toontown, and wait for them to come back. Unfortunately, only Donald came out, but we were going to go to Tusker House later in the trip anyway, so we felt OK with it.

After that, we had a short snack break and stopped by at the Mrs. Pot's place. This turned out to be a great idea. First, on our way there, we encountered the Tramaines as they go back stage, and they all saw me. Mrs. Tremaine said "I have a nice apple pie prepared for you," which was funny. The sisters just ran away from me :p Then, as we went to Mrs. Pot's and I was staring at the menu since it was too dim to read from afar, the Hag snuck up on me and offered an apple from behind. She completely got me, and I literary screamed and jumped :lmao: My prince chased her away, but it was soooo funny. It seemed like it was on her way back stage, so she disappeared somewhere after that.

Anyway, we got our snacks and found a spot in front of the castle for the fireworks. But the villains were out from the previous show, so we got in line for the Snow Queen. Her line was long, but we managed to see her, and we saw everyone we wanted to see in this party. She was really in character, and treated me nice and coldly :rolleyes1 Hollowishes was great!

After the fireworks, we went to do the HM photos (no line) and then came back to the same spot to see the villains show while being in line for Malleficient. Her line was already long when we joined right before the show. We managed to see her and Dr. Facillier (also a long line) before they went back. He was the last character we met. The headless horseman came right when we were done with Dr. Facillier. I don't remember the exact time, but the CMs were calling "2 more minutes" before the villains leave when we met Facillier. If you're planning of doing Villains show right before the parade and don't want to miss the headless horseman, be careful, he may come out before the villains leave.

We then found a spot to see the parade (It was very easy to find a spot). It was very good, and not so scary :) I especially liked the tomb keepers with shovels. After the parade, we went to take the carriage picture, and did trick or treating at Alice trail. We saw Alice, but we didn't get in line to see her. This was the only t or t we did, and we weren't so keen on trick or treating for some reason :rolleyes1

We did Peter Pan ride and HM ride before we left at around 11:45. My DH's feet were hurting, and we saw everyone we wanted, so we just decided to leave a bit before the park closes. But as we head to Peter Pan ride, what a surprise, we saw the Hag again! It seems like she was roaming, and even though we were quite far apart (she was on the other side of the street), she spotted me, and tried to offer me an apple from the other side of the street. At the beginning of the party, I was afraid I can't find the Hag at all, because she's a roaming character, but we ended up seeing her three times. Anyway, it was really, really a great party, and I can't be happier that we did it. Thank you for reading my loooong report!

Does the headless horseman ride before both parades? I seem to recall a couple of years ago that he didn't do the second one, but I don't know if that's because the weather was threatening or if he just does the first one. Thanks!

Probably due to threatening weather. The one year I was there it had been sprinkling on and off, and there was no horseman. One of the cast members mentioned even the threat of rain will cause the horseman to be called off. They have to protect the horse. I'm hoping when I'm there for the wine and dine weekend the weather will be good since I missed the horseman last time.

If you're wanting to meet a specific character after the show, should you be positioned as close to the front of the left/right side of the stage as possible in order to be in the front of the line? For example, Berlioz mentioned that Maleficent was on the left side of the stage (from the perspective of the crowd)...does this mean that if you want to meet her, you should be as close to the left-front of the stage as possible?

You're right, especially for Maleficient. She's very popular, so I would recommend that you get in line before the show. The CM is very helpful, and would tell you where to form a line, but it was basically the leftest, facing the castle.

Last Nov.1st, we attended the MNSSHP and happened to be eating in Pecos Bill at 7pm when they gathered all the kids, gave them instruments and had them parade around the restaurant and right outside the restaurant to announce the start of MNSSHP. Is there any other restaurant, eatery or shop in MK that does something similar with kids to announce the start of MNSSHP? My kids loved it!!

Thanks for the link! I thought I had read everything on Berlioz's page, but I missed this.

A couple more quick questions about meeting characters after the Villains Mix and Mingle: If you're wanting to meet a specific character after the show, should you be positioned as close to the front of the left/right side of the stage as possible in order to be in the front of the line? For example, Berlioz mentioned that Maleficent was on the left side of the stage (from the perspective of the crowd)...does this mean that if you want to meet her, you should be as close to the left-front of the stage as possible? I'm presuming that you need to arrive early to the Mix and Mingle shows if you want to secure a good spot to get in line quickly after the show?

All of this can be a little confusing...:)))

Thanks!

If you want to meet a specific character you should watch the show from the area that you know will be there meet and greet line. Maleficient's line is on the far left ramp that leads down from the side of the castle and that's where she meets. Dr. Facilier is on the left hand side in front of the castle, Jafar is next to Dr Facilier, Captain Hook is next to Jafar, Cruella is next to Jafar,and Evil Queen is on the far right ramp down from the castle. Queen of Hearts is a roamer.

So if you are looking at the castle, the line up will be from left to right;
Maleficient
Dr. Facilier
Jafar
Captain Hook
Cruella
Evil Queen

Queen of Hearts will be roaming.

Hope this helps! I know it's hard to visualize but if you get there earlier enough you can kind of scope it out.

Have fun and Happy Character Hunting!

We love the popcorn buckets. Thanks for letting us know they were available. My kids like to put crayons, markers and play doh stamps in the buckets.

So does my DD. Anyone have a picture of the bucket on here yet? I don't mean to be pushy, but I don't feel like waiting 11 days to see what they look like :lmao:

Ah man - I only got the tickets because I missed getting pics with Cruella last time! Why on earth was she taken off the line up?

If you want to meet a specific character you should watch the show from the area that you know will be there meet and greet line. Maleficient's line is on the far left ramp that leads down from the side of the castle and that's where she meets. Dr. Facilier is on the left hand side in front of the castle, Jafar is next to Dr Facilier, Captain Hook is next to Jafar, and Evil Queen is on the far right ramp down from the castle. Queen of Hearts is a roamer.

Well at least I can save the money for tickets after this year (unless they bring back my favorite fashion diva.)

Maleficient
Dr. Facilier
Jafar
Captain Hook
Evil Queen

Hope this helps! I know it's hard to visualize but if you get there earlier enough you can kind of scope it out.

Did anyone else go for the Hitchhiking Ghosts magic shot and not get it? That happened to me, I was so excited about getting the photos then when I got home they weren't on the photopass. I emailed disney about it through the site and they replied saying it didn't take because of faulty equipment or something :(

Does the headless horseman ride before both parades? I seem to recall a couple of years ago that he didn't do the second one, but I don't know if that's because the weather was threatening or if he just does the first one. Thanks!

He was in the second parade on Saturday.

Ah man - I only got the tickets because I missed getting pics with Cruella last time! Why on earth was she taken off the line up?

On 9-18 Cruella was out between Hook and Evil Queen, at least after the 1115pm show.

If you want to meet a specific character you should watch the show from the area that you know will be there meet and greet line. Maleficient's line is on the far left ramp that leads down from the side of the castle and that's where she meets. Dr. Facilier is on the left hand side in front of the castle, Jafar is next to Dr Facilier, Captain Hook is next to Jafar, and Evil Queen is on the far right ramp down from the castle. Queen of Hearts is a roamer.

Maleficient
Dr. Facilier
Jafar
Captain Hook
Evil Queen

Mickeyhunter,

This is perfect!! Thanks so much!!!

On 9-18 Cruella was out between Hook and Evil Queen, at least after the 1115pm show.

I forgot about Cruella she is there between Captin Hook and Evil Queen. That's what i get for replying on my cell phone!

I just posted some pics from the 9/14 party on my blog, link in my siggy if you want to check them out and get ideas for what the party is like!

Thank you to both of you... I'm thrilled to hear that I'll be able to get that pic after all =)
She and the Shadow Man are the big two I want pics with.

I forgot about Cruella she is there between Captin Hook and Evil Queen. That's what i get for replying on my cell phone!

pirates leaque ...you get done up like a pirate a few faces to choose from. they are very much in character....you get your pirate name and then you go into the secret door and the adventure begins. kids really liked it last year but it was so hot it was too hot for a face full of makeup....the pics are awesome but it only lasted an hour and they wanted it off/sweat was washing it off.

i see itis in toon town again but what are the waits like? is the barnstormer open durring the party?

What are these like – are they collectible-type like the pins or rubberized or more like the ones you get when you end up in the hospital? If they’re collectible or good for scrapbooking, do they come in different colors/patterns like the season tickets do? Is this a silly question? Love Halloween and just wondering if this is an added bonus for my mouse collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter