• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Quick question about Mickey and Minnie. Are they in their Halloween outfits all day on party days or do they switch over at a certain time? I want to make sure we get a pic with them in their costumes (don't care which one) but I wasn't sure what time we should go. TIA!

I paid 60 dollars for two people, but I think its 60 per carriage.

I am going on the 18th as well but at 9:30! It has to do with the headless horse man and such.

Hi All,
Me and my family are going to MNSSHP the first time this year. I was thinking of doing this (amongst other things obviously):

9:30 Watch the fireworks
10:05 Watch the Villains show
10:30 Watch the parade

What is the best way to do this? Is there somewhere to stand that is good to watch all three from, i.e. that is a good place for the parade on its route? If so, where is it? Or maybe watch the fireworks on main Street and then move up near the castle and watch the show and parade from the same place? I just thought it would save standing 30 minutes plus just waiting for the parade.

Thanks,
Matthew :)

Hi All,
Me and my family are going to MNSSHP the first time this year. I was thinking of doing this (amongst other things obviously):

9:30 Watch the fireworks
10:05 Watch the Villains show
10:30 Watch the parade

What is the best way to do this? Is there somewhere to stand that is good to watch all three from, i.e. that is a good place for the parade on its route? If so, where is it? Or maybe watch the fireworks on main Street and then move up near the castle and watch the show and parade from the same place? I just thought it would save standing 30 minutes plus just waiting for the parade.

Thanks,
Matthew :)

In years before, I've always ended up on the castle side of the hub for all three of those things. You get a pretty good view of the fireworks. You're close enough to the stage for the villains show, can go grab a spot in line afterward if you want to meet them, and you're already on the parade route. Essentially, you can just stay in one central area, and knock a few things out.

Funnily enough, I was talking about doing just that in another thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2561282 a few days ago. I was attempting to figure out how to not stand around for 2 hours, but it's always worked for me in the past. How does that saying go? If it's not broken, don't fix it? LoL

I paid 60 dollars for two people, but I think its 60 per carriage.

I am going on the 18th as well but at 9:30! It has to do with the headless horse man and such.

it IS $60 per carriage...can take up to 4 adults.

The popcorn bucket is $7.75 and can be purchased at any of the popcorn carts throughout the park. It's not flavored popcorn but as earlier poster said can't imagine them not selling it to you empty if someone didn't want the popcorn. They were filling them as ordered so easy enough to do

I'm going back with family oct 28. Getting worried about crowds or selling out. How likely is that? Thought I'd read that Halloween is only night that consistently sells out. How crowded is it in busy nights? It's still better than a really busy day at MK right?

In years before, I've always ended up on the castle side of the hub for all three of those things. You get a pretty good view of the fireworks. You're close enough to the stage for the villains show, can go grab a spot in line afterward if you want to meet them, and you're already on the parade route. Essentially, you can just stay in one central area, and knock a few things out.

Funnily enough, I was talking about doing just that in another thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2561282 a few days ago. I was attempting to figure out how to not stand around for 2 hours, but it's always worked for me in the past. How does that saying go? If it's not broken, don't fix it? LoL

Would it be better to watch the fireworks further back (on Main Street) for a better view and then move to the place you describe above?

Quick question about Mickey and Minnie. Are they in their Halloween outfits all day on party days or do they switch over at a certain time? I want to make sure we get a pic with them in their costumes (don't care which one) but I wasn't sure what time we should go. TIA!

Mickey and Minnie are only in their Halloween costumes during MNSSHP. During the day, they are in regular clothes. They switch over at 7:00pm and rotate their costumes throughout the night.

Alright, so let me get this straight-- Space Mountain was left off of the map but it is open?

I read that someone rode it twice in one night.. what about from any of the later parties?

I just don't want to get my hopes up and it not be open!

Alright, so let me get this straight-- Space Mountain was left off of the map but it is open?

I read that someone rode it twice in one night.. what about from any of the later parties?

From everything I have read it is open. It was left off the map possibly because they used a template from last years map and at that time Space was down for a refurb.
Others have also posted that the map has already been re-printed to reflect it being open.

From everything I have read it is open. It was left off the map possibly because they used a template from last years map and at that time Space was down for a refurb.
Others have also posted that the map has already been re-printed to reflect it being open.

Thank you so much for the info!!

Mickey and Minnie are only in their Halloween costumes during MNSSHP. During the day, they are in regular clothes. They switch over at 7:00pm and rotate their costumes throughout the night.

Is there a specific meet n greet area for them??? This is my first party and if I want a photo with any characters at all it will be them..... Is it photopass?

For the first party 9/14/10 Space Mountain was not listed on the map, but it was open.

I just called the 407-W-DISNEY, they directed me to the right place. Another person was also able to do the same thing, I read it on the disboard some where. They also told me how booked the Haunted Carriage ride was. I have no idea why they would not tell you?:confused: Unless they were just giving me a "blow off" number lol :rotfl:

Alright....now I'm getting frustrated. I called the above number three times, spoke to ticketing, and each time I was told by the CM that they cannot see the percentage/capacity at which the tickets for a specific date are sold to date. Even said there was no one they could transfer me to to get that info. Am I asking the wrong question?? Wondering if those who got answers were just given a "blow off" number like the above poster mentioned :confused3

Disney will not release numbers of expected park attendance, or how many tickets were sold. They will tell you if something is sold out. They don't release those numbers to the public.

Would it be better to watch the fireworks further back (on Main Street) for a better view and then move to the place you describe above?

If you don't mind moving, definitely. The view isn't horrible from there, but you are a bit on the close side to see some of them.

Here's an example view from that spot from 2007:

89931f0a.jpg

leave for POP in 15 days. we are going to the party Oct 12th. anyone able to secure me a park map of all the parks & downtown disney & mail them to me asap? would also like the party map if it is seperate from the MK map

I called this morning to add ME info to my reservation. I was somehow transferred to Grand Gatherings (it is just me and my 2 girls going), but the lady was so nice! Asked me if I needed park tickets, and I told her we were just staying 2 nights and only doing the party. She got so excited, said she took her granddaughter last week, and started going on and on about the fireworks and parade.:rotfl: It got me even more excited about our trip-4 more weeks!

After reading this thread, I am really regretting not going to the MNSSHP when my kids were smaller. We went several times in November and yanked them out of school. I do not dare do that now since my oldest is in Middle School.
Big time Boo Hoo!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter