The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Anyone know how long the Halloween decorations stay up through Nov.? We're staying until Nov. 4th, a few days after the last MNSSHP but before the Christmas party and we were wondering if we would be able to see the park with no or Christmas decorations before we left.

Anyone know how long the Halloween decorations stay up through Nov.? We're staying until Nov. 4th, a few days after the last MNSSHP but before the Christmas party and we were wondering if we would be able to see the park with no or Christmas decorations before we left.

AS SOON AS the party is over on November 1, they will take down the Halloween decorations and get all Christmas ready for the first MVMCP on November 8.

They are pretty FAST but I'm not sure what you'll see.

We went in August 2008, and the fall/halloween decorations were put up literally overnight. Since the last party is Nov 1st, I wouldn't be surprised if they are all down on Nov 2nd.

Which party are you going to? As long as you're going after Sept 14 (the first party), you'll know for sure if you need to reschedule at PL or not. The problem is that there's no definite answer thus far about 4pm entry. If you go based on years past, it looks likely, but there are rumors flying around, like every year, that Disney will put a stop to 4pm entry this year. So if you can, I'd wait and see what happens.

We are going on Sept. 18, but I will be down there the 14th already. I wasn't planning on taking my laptop but I may have to in order to charge my camera (I don't know how otherwise, funny huh?) So I may or may not have Internet access in order to check the DIS to find out.
I will just play it by ear to find out I guess.

have you tried booking a 2nd adr for 7pm or after in the park and keeping both until you find out the actual time you will be able to enter the park? I don't know the date of your MNSSHP but as long as it's not the first one this might help

good idea, but if we have to wait until 7pm to enter MK, i don't want to 'waste' time eating during the party, would just cancel the ADR I have & book something @ one of the monorail resorts. Just don't want to cancel the ADR i do have currently booked in MK if not necessary.:headache:

See, that's the part that's confusing me about Passporter's information. I can understand 8am reservations, but does this mean that with a 3:30pm reservation somewhere I can get into MK without a day ticket? Would I then have to leave after dinner and come back for the party? It just seems a little off to me. I still don't think we should necessarily trust anything until Disney itself revises the party page and ticket information (which won't happen) or the first party rolls around and we see what happens on the day.

As far as I know, Cheshire hasn't commented on it, but I'm sure you could send a PM or something to see what they say :) I don't know if they'll have any information, though, either.

:confused3it is odd, until you read the following; where it sounds as though they're trying to appease those who had thought making an ADR after 4 pm would be ok.

Maybe that's the best plan they could come up since they waited to change the policy until most of the adr's had been booked. :confused3

I do know that in the past when i've booked an ADR near the actual park closing time via phone the operator would indicate that it's a party night & special admission tix is required.

Maybe they will start to offer something along the lines of the Epcot CP dining package? (i hope not:headache:).

If it would be your first time MNSSHP -- what would be your "plan of attack" for the evening? We know we want to see Mickey and Minnie and the fairies and the Seven Dwarfs for sure. We will probably wait to see the later parade but we want to be in front of the castle for the fireworks too... Will we be able to do it? Our party night is Sept. 18, if that helps.
Oh... since we will be a family of pirates, we want to ride the Pirate's of the Caribbean that night for sure. I also think doing the Haunted Mansion that night would also be way cool. pirate:
Looking for suggestions --- want to get the most "bang for our buck" I guess. My hubby kinda choked when I told him what the ticket prices were for that night. Ha ha!
It will be my DH and our DD (9) and I and we are planning on relaxing and playing at our resort most of the day before our appointment for Pirate's League at 5:20 that evening.

It will be our first, and our 'plan of attack' is to get as much candy as possible! Ok, not just that :rotfl: Of course, we want to see the parade, probably the second one, the fireworks, probably ride HM, and get some photos with the characters. And also get a MNSSHP shirt :hyper:

It'll be our first MNSSHP (and WDW trip for me) so we are at a disadvantage but I've been looking up everything. We are going to aim for doing things special to the party like characters and the parade. Its our last day on our trip so we will have ridden all of our main rides by then but we may ride a couple if we see a really short line on a favorite or something. We aren't too focused on the candy since we would have to pack it in our bag so we will just use the ones WDW gives us at the end on our way out so we dont have to lug it around either! ;)

This is PROBABLY a stupid question BUT -- if we pay for MNSSHP tickets - do we need to use our regular park ticket days to get in that evening? Or are our MNSSHP tickets all we need? We won't be going to the parks that day at all except for the party. :confused3

You only need the special ticket to get thru the gate after a certain time, which in the past has been 4pm.

Okay, experts! I have read all through this thread and now have watched Hallowishes on youtube and canNOT wait to go. My DH does NOT thank you for adding to my WDW obsession. :goodvibes

2 questions:

-Where is a good place to view Hallowishes to get the fullest effect. Where should you not view it?

-And is there a CM with the various soundtracks from the MNSSHP? Like Hallowishes, the Boo to You Parade, and anything else....

Thanks for all the great info. We are very experienced at WDW, but just have never been in October...feels a little weird to not know what to expect!

Okay, experts! I have read all through this thread and now have watched Hallowishes on youtube and canNOT wait to go. My DH does NOT thank you for adding to my WDW obsession. :goodvibes

2 questions:

-Where is a good place to view Hallowishes to get the fullest effect. Where should you not view it?

-And is there a CM with the various soundtracks from the MNSSHP? Like Hallowishes, the Boo to You Parade, and anything else....

Thanks for all the great info. We are very experienced at WDW, but just have never been in October...feels a little weird to not know what to expect!

- Lots of opinions on where to watch Wishes. Wherever you choose, just get there early.

- They sell a CD of Magic Kingdom special event music at the park. We love listening to Boo to You in the car!

- Lots of opinions on where to watch Wishes. Wherever you choose, just get there early.

Like where? We've never done it. What if the castle forecourt is too packed, where else can we go to see it all? Do the stores on Main Street block out the view of the special finale?

I emailed Disney to ask about what time we can enter the park for MNSSHP I think they misunderstood me though *** I asked as well with my dining reservations did I need a confirmation email or just the confirmation number *** I hadn't got a confirmation email... but anyways they said!

We appreciate your interest, on Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The time to enter the Per Agent request, one Family needing 2 rooms is 7:00pm

I'm not quite sure what they mean by one family needing 2 rooms though.. :confused3

Where is a good place to view Hallowishes to get the fullest effect. Where should you not view it?

My opinion, and it's only one of many, is the fireworks are designed to be seen from directly in front of the Castle. They project stuff on the castle and the fireworks frame it. My choice is between the hub and the start of Main Street. Usually we go somewhere on the hub itself. Yes, this is the most crowded spot, but IMHO the ONLY place to see the fireworks.

SkierPete

yep. still on the headless horseman subject. does anyone know "ralph" the Big Black Percheron ( I think, french horse breed) that stays at the tri circle d ranch. He is big and sleek black and beautiful. he pulls the private carriage rides. I wonder if he is gonna be the headless horseman's horse. My DD loves Ralph.

just curious if anyone has seen any MNSSHP 2010 specific merchandise yet? normally there are pins and t-shirts you can only get at the party ... any info? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter