The Nightmare Before Christmas - Move over Jack, WALDO'S BACK!~A Dec PTR~ NEW 12/10!!

So love the pictures you shared of Disneyland parade! :thumbsup2

What was it this year with school's messing around with calendars and changing things up. While my public school calendar was what I expected...the Catholic schools my children go to (who usually follow the public school calendar) decided to let out 3 days earlier and go back 3 days sooner than the public schools. GRRRRR...guess my kids will miss the 1st 3 days of the spring semester...which I know is going to stress my dd out something bad!:headache:

I'm sure Walso will do just fine.....as long has he follows the signs, or has someone who knows where they are going with him;)
You really believe he'll follow signs or someone else's directions?! ;) :rotfl:

Guess I need to plan a trip to see a Sabre/Flyers game:confused3
:thumbsup2 We'll totally do a game together! Just think how much closer I'd be to Philly, too...

What will the report be titled that the kidlets will be writing on their "Independent Study" trip to Disney World?

"The Things I Learned At Disney"...

1. Percents: 18% of a $100 bill at Tony's Town Square is $18.00.
2. Addition: 2 BTMRR fast passes + 3 BRMRR fast passes = 5 fast passes
3. Time/Word Problems: If your fast pass is for 1:15 at Splash Mountain, but you're eligible to retrieve another fast pass at 12:45, how long do you have to get back to Splash Mountain before you're scheduled to ride?
4. Budget Planning: Is it cost efficient to get an extra bun with a double cheeseburger and split the burger in two, knowing that you'll also have to get side items in order to properly fill your stomachs?
5. Weather/Meteorology: What is the perfect 'shorts weather' cut-off temperature for December? And how do you pack for a vacation where daytime temps can be in the 80's and nighttime temperatures leave you looking for snow?
:lmao: Thankfully I don't have to come up with anything. Apparently the teachers have to prepare the work and I just have to make sure the kiddlets do it.
Glad everything worked out with the school schedules!

Welcome to the anti-bus club. WDW is heaven with your own vehicle. :thumbsup2
I didn't realize what a huge difference having a car made. I laugh when people say they don't want to drive while on vacation, I mean it's not like they're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. :confused3

Awesome! :banana: I'm totally filing this information away for future reference, in case I have to find a way to pull Leo for that week...
Make sure you check with the school district, they might have different rules.

Much as I hate to gloat (yeah, right)... told ya so! :thumbsup2
:worship:
I'm sure Walso will do just fine.....as long has he follows the signs, or has someone who knows where they are going with him;)
You don't know Waldo, do you? :rotfl2:
Guess I need to plan a trip to see a Sabre/Flyers game:confused3
A who game?

We vacationed for the first time as a Family over Christmas vacation last year. You will love it, and it is hard to remember it is the Holiday Season. You are probably used to warm weather-but we were all laughing when we would see a Santa surrounding by Palm Trees and green grass. My dd was working in Phoenix for 4 months and we did Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and circled back to Phoenix. It was so unreal eating at a resturant Christmas Eve-outside!!
We've had some cold holidays, but usually the weather is warm-ish. I think if we ever experience a snowy Christmas, we'll be in shock. :laughing:

S o love the pictures you shared of Disneyland parade! :thumbsup2
:goodvibes
What was it this year with school's messing around with calendars and changing things up. While my public school calendar was what I expected...the Catholic schools my children go to (who usually follow the public school calendar) decided to let out 3 days earlier and go back 3 days sooner than the public schools. GRRRRR...guess my kids will miss the 1st 3 days of the spring semester...which I know is going to stress my dd out something bad!:headache:
Dude. What's up with that?? :sad2:
You really believe he'll follow signs or someone else's directions?! ;) :rotfl:
:lmao: Now YOU know Waldo!

Once June came around and I was able to confirm park times and best park days with touring plans, I came up with our "Park Plans" (said in my best Dr. Evil voice). As most of you know, I’m a planning commando. I have to plan my days down to what we'll ride and in what order we’ll ride those rides, what time we’ll stop to pee and what type of ice cream we’ll buy and at what time we'll buy that ice cream. :lmao: While I do LOVE to PLAN all these things, they seldom end up actually coming to fruition. In fact, most of the time the "Park Plan" gets kicked to the curb 50 feet from rope drop. :rolleyes:

dr_evil_laser.jpg

Everyone say Laaser... I mean... "Paaark Plaaan"

With a "Park Plan" in place, I was able to get a long list of restaurant requests from pains in the a… *ahem*, from the family and start narrowing it down to 3 lists “Never been, but gotta eat here”, “Been there, done that, let’s do it again”, “If all else fails, book this”. Everyone got to choose no more than 2 restaurants per category. Yes, I even let the kiddies choose their favorites and places they’d like to try. Now I'm not saying any of their choices actually made the cut off, but they were considered. :rolleyes1

Here’s what we came up with in each category:

Never been, but gotta eat here: California Grill, Flying Fish, Artist Point, 50’s Prime Time, Rose & Crown, Captains Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern, Raglan Road, Via Napoli.

Been there, done that, let’s do it again: ‘Ohana, Tutto Italia, Boma, Chefs de France.

If all else fails, book this: Chef Mickey’s, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, La Hacienda, Narcoossee’s, Nine Dragons, Coral Reef, Sanaa.

Yeah, that’s 21 restaurants for 10 days. Well, 6 days for Waldo and TE. After much discussion (read: arguing), Andy and I decided we’d let Waldo choose the dining establishments for the first half of the trip, with the exception of the first night as we wanted to do California Grill or Jiko. (Yeah, those two got tossed after reading several bad reviews for CG and the updated menu at Jiko eliminating my favorite Maize Crusted Halibut.)

Waldo absolutely had to eat at Le Cellier, which he still calls Le Clarice, which reminds me of Silence of the Lambs. ...it puts the lotion on or it gets the hose…. And TE loves Boma, so we had to get that one in early. Another must do for Waldo was Rose & Crown. Every time he goes to WDW and we walk past the England pavilion he moans and groans about not eating there, so I thought I’d make sure to get him that one, oh, and he also loves Tutto Italia. I mean really, who doesn’t? Smokin' servers, great food, good booze... what's not to like?

So for the first half of the trip, I needed to book:

California Grill or Jiko (which got switched to AP or FF)
‘Ohana
Le Clarice :teeth:
Rose and Crown
Tutto Italia
Boma

And Chef Mickey for a friend. Flame me, I don't care.
smiley_flamethrower.gif

For the second half, I pretty much went with old stand-bys and a few that have been getting good reviews on the DIS.

On that list was:
50’s Prime Time - never been, but looks fun
La Hacienda - never been, but good recommendation
Tusker House (breakfast) - love breakfast buffets
Chefs de France - Maddie’s fave & request for Xmas Eve
‘Ohana - (breakfast) - always eat here on our last day
Via Napoli - never been - Evan’s request for Xmas Day
Raglan Road - never been

I waited patiently for June 18th to arrive and when it did, I was up bright and early at 3:00 A to the effin’ M. Fired up the ‘puter and started plugging away to book my coveted ADR’s.

Ok, here’s the great thing about booking ADR’s via the Disney website; if you have a split stay, you can still do your 180+10! If you book via phone, often times the CM will make you call back when the 180 days is up on your next ressie, which IMO, sucks.

Anyway, back to the booking. I was able to score everything within the hour of my requested time except Le Cellier, Rose and Crown and I couldn’t get anything for Christmas Day. I thought it was something wrong with Disney’s system, so I let it go and went to bed.

The next day, I tried again for Christmas Day and for LeCell and R&C for ANYTIME during our stay. Nothing. Zip. Ziltch. Nada. I did read on the Dining Boards that I wasn’t alone, so that made me feel better - you know misery loves company and all that. I did at this point start to frequent the restaurant boards, reading dining reviews and reading other’s thoughts on what was up with no availability for certain days/establishments.

About 2 weeks later, everything online opened up and I went on a booking frenzy. I booked all kinds of shizzle. I made ressie’s in my name, Andy’s name, Waldos’ name. At one point I had about 18 ADR’s - I was out of control! Stop the madness!!!

I finally sat down and just started shaving the sasquatch mess that had become my dining reservations.

Here’s my final list - in no particular order. ;)

Flying Fish or Artist Point - haven’t decided which to shave
‘Ohana - dinner
Rose and Crown - dinner
Le Cellier - lunch
Boma - dinner
Tutto Italia - dinner
Sci Fi - lunch OR La Hacienda - dinner - haven’t decided which we’re doing
50’s Prime Time - dinner
Tusker House - breakfast
Chefs de France - Xmas Eve dinner
‘Ohana - Xmas breakfast
Captains Grill or LTT - Xmas dinner - haven’t decided yet either. :teeth:

So with the drama of dining out of my way, next up was the major decision of whether or not to use the DDP or not.

Look, some people love the DDP and some people hate the DDP. As for me, the DDP and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the DDP because I love having everything paid for before hand. I love ordering whatever I want, not looking at the $58 price of a slab-o-cow that I could make at home for $7, and I love dessert, but not at every stinkin’ meal and not twice a day. And I hate snack credits. I hate that I hate to waste them and end up bring home 50 freakin’ rice crispie heads that go stale before I can enjoy them. And I hate that my kids have to eat the same crap every day for lunch. I get tired of saying “Maddie do you want Mac-n-Cheese or Chicken Nuggets?“ And my biggest complaint about the DDP is Maddie will no longer be considered a “child” by Disney standards. And that, my friends, is where the DDP and I part ways. Adios. Sayonara. Arrivederci. Au Revoir. Later Dude.

Sure, I could pull the wool over the Mouse’s eyes and say she’s still 9. She certainly could pass for a 9 year old. But why should I? I’m not saying anything, unless asked. And that’s all I’m saying. Except I will say I’ll be purchasing my TIW card once again this year.

UP NEXT:
IT’S POTTER PLANNING TIME!!!

Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-Uni.jpg

Because updates aren't fun without photos, here are a few from past trips at our some of our favorite and not-so-favorite Disney eating establishments:

Evan's 5th Birthday at Chef Mickey's
WDWAug2009058.jpg

Chocolate Profiteroles at Les Chef's de France
WDWAug2009024.jpg

Family dinner at Narcoossee's
wdw822013.jpg

Dinner at The Garden Grill
IMG_1903.jpg

Ice Cream for breakfast. :sad2: At least is was a fruit bar, right?
ricksWDWpics012.jpg

Once June came around and I was able to confirm park times and best park days with touring plans, I came up with our "Park Plans" (said in my best Dr. Evil voice). As most of you know, I’m a planning commando. I have to plan my days down to what we'll ride and in what order we’ll ride those rides, what time we’ll stop to pee and what type of ice cream we’ll buy and at what time we'll buy that ice cream. :lmao: While I do LOVE to PLAN all these things, they seldom end up actually coming to fruition. In fact, most of the time the "Park Plan" gets kicked to the curb 50 feet from rope drop. :rolleyes:
Here's the thing...you ARE a PLANNING commando. When said plan gets kicked to the curb, you are unbelievably chill about it. Hmmmm....maybe that's just sans Waldo. :rolleyes1

Waldo absolutely had to eat at Le Cellier, which he still calls Le Clarice, which reminds me of Silence of the Lambs. ...it puts the lotion on or it gets the hose….
Thankfully, Le Clarice doesn't serve fava beans.

Here’s my final list - in no particular order. ;)

Flying Fish or Artist Point - haven’t decided which to shave
‘Ohana - dinner
Rose and Crown - dinner
Le Cellier - lunch
Boma - dinner
Tutto Italia - dinner
Sci Fi - lunch OR La Hacienda - dinner - haven’t decided which we’re doing
50’s Prime Time - dinner
Tusker House - breakfast
Chefs de France - Xmas Eve dinner
‘Ohana - Xmas breakfast
Captains Grill or LTT - Xmas dinner - haven’t decided yet either. :teeth:
:thumbsup2 Looking good!

ricksWDWpics012.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Look at him! Those little cheeks!!

:lmao: Now YOU know Waldo!
::yes:: And to know him is to love him!

In fact, most of the time the "Park Plan" gets kicked to the curb 50 feet from rope drop.
You know this is why the rest of us don't bother planning at all anymore, right? So much easier to follow you around! ;)

Never been, but gotta eat here: California Grill, Flying Fish, Artist Point, 50’s Prime Time, Rose & Crown, Captains Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern, Raglan Road, Via Napoli.
Why?!

... and he also loves Tutto Italia. I mean really, who doesn’t? Smokin' servers, great food, good booze... what's not to like?
:cloud9:

And I hate snack credits. I hate that I hate to waste them and end up bring home 50 freakin’ rice crispie heads that go stale before I can enjoy them.
:rotfl2: I think I wound up with some of yours last year!

Thankfully, Le Clarice doesn't serve fava beans.
:lmao: And I'm fairly certain there's no quid pro quo going down when the check comes.

Le Clarice made me laugh. In a weird, creepy sort of way...because it made me think of Anthony Hopkins.

And I STILL say...please do Flying Fish. If you don't like it, I'll order a bushel of girl scout cookies this year. :teeth:

A who game?

Hockey:sad2: You know youhave the Ducks and the Kings out that way.:sad2:

Now I'm not saying any of their choices actually made the cut off, but they were considered. :rolleyes1

:lmao:

AP - In memory of mom:)

Been there, done that, let’s do it again: ‘Ohana, Tutto Italia, Boma, Chefs de France.

Have only done Stitch Breakfast at 'Ohana.

50’s Prime Time - never been, but looks fun

Jim and Jimmy loved it. It is on our list for next year.

Tusker House (breakfast) - love breakfast buffets

Good character interaction too!:thumbsup2

Raglan Road - never been

We liked, but no need to rush back for us.

UP NEXT:
IT’S POTTER PLANNING TIME!!!

Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-Uni.jpg

Can't wait:goodvibes

I finally remembered my username and password to post a comment. ;) You will love Christmas time. It's so beautiful and hopefully not too cold. I also can't wait to hear about HP. We've been putting it off in the hope it might be less crowded :rotfl:, but I think we're going to have to suck it up and just go.

Here's the thing...you ARE a PLANNING commando. When said plan gets kicked to the curb, you are unbelievably chill about it. Hmmmm....maybe that's just sans Waldo. :rolleyes1
::yes:: Oh, that's RIGHT - you haven't toured with Waldo, have you? :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 Looking good!
Let's hope my wallet and my waistline can handle it. :scared:

Look at him! Those little cheeks!!
I know! Where did my baby go? :sad1:

You know this is why the rest of us don't bother planning at all anymore, right? So much easier to follow you around! ;)
Yes, I know. :rolleyes:

It's been getting good reviews and becoming known as "Disney's best kept dining secret" :ssst: My GS co-leader is going next month, so I'll be sure to MAKE SURE it's worth my time and money.

:rotfl2: I think I wound up with some of yours last year!
I wouldn't be surprised. :lmao:

Le Clarice made me laugh. In a weird, creepy sort of way...because it made me think of Anthony Hopkins.

And I STILL say...please do Flying Fish. If you don't like it, I'll order a bushel of girl scout cookies this year. :teeth:
I'm 99% sure we're doing FF. The cheese plate alone has me droolin'!

Hockey:sad2: You know youhave the Ducks and the Kings out that way.:sad2:
Yes, but no one actually watches them. Especially not brown peeps. :lmao:

AP - In memory of mom:)
Even if we don't eat there, we'll stop at the bar and have a drink in honor of both your Mom and your Pops. :thumbsup2

Can't wait:goodvibes
Me either!!

I finally remembered my username and password to post a comment. ;) You will love Christmas time. It's so beautiful and hopefully not too cold. I also can't wait to hear about HP. We've been putting it off in the hope it might be less crowded :rotfl:, but I think we're going to have to suck it up and just go.
Thanks for coming over to read, Angela! :goodvibes

You're killing me, though. No Harry Pottah???!!! :faint:

Well, you could meet T and then be out tour guides next August...just sayin;)

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Loving some of your dining choices but Le Cellier? Has it improved as our last 2 meals there weren't good!!! Oh and I've never even heard of La Hacienda :rotfl: Slap my wrists huh ;) :lmao:

Loving some of your dining choices but Le Cellier? Has it improved as our last 2 meals there weren't good!!!
Yeah, it wasn't really my choice. Apparently Waldo doesn't remember our second visit that was seriously lacking. BUT, it's been getting some positive reviews, so hopefully it'll be fine.

Oh and I've never even heard of La Hacienda :rotfl: Slap my wrists huh ;) :lmao:

You haven't? Well it's not like you're on the Mom's Panel or anything. ;):lmao:

We ate at Flying Fish last trip for the first time and it was great! I highly recommend it (and the Cherry Manhattan I had :thumbsup2). I'm hoping to get there again this next trip!

Subbing in :)

I am totally addicted to reading PTR's! :lmao: And of course, I have to keep reading the Dec ones. Can't wait for our trip. No HP this time for us but it's on the back burner for next time.

I think that anyone who does PTR must have way too much commando inside...now that my ADRs are set and I have compared EasyWDW against touring plans it is now on to minute by minute planning. I am toying with the idea of getting a ridemax subscription...:lmao:

Your ADRs look great, I have eaten at a couple...here are my thoughts

California Grill-saw it did not make it on your list, not missing anything food wise...there was just not a lot on the menu I really cared for...the only thing it has going for it is the VIEW for wishes. AMAZING!

Rose & Crown-The food is okay...I loved the silton salad, the fish and chips were good and the sticky toffee pudding was great! The service was beyond excellant...so much so I ended up giving the girl a $20 tip on about a $60 bill. She was a pleasure to chat with! What really made it for me was the view for illumnations! Perfect, not crowded...felt special because we had the area basically to ourselves. I booked an ADR here for our family just because of the illuminations...7:45 is the magic ADR time.

50s Prime Time-The food was good...gotta order the milkshake! Our server really did not play with us much...but watching the other tables get harassed was a lot of fun! I loved the Boston Cream Pie Cupcake...I know my kids are going to enjoy this place...I booked an ADR for lunch!

Can't wait to see what you have on WWofHP. I am getting ready to post a bunch that I found in addition add some of the things I remember from last summer!

Hi there! Subscribing here. I'll have to go back and catch up a little later. Looking forward to reading your plans!

We ate at Flying Fish last trip for the first time and it was great! I highly recommend it (and the Cherry Manhattan I had :thumbsup2). I'm hoping to get there again this next trip!
I can't wait for that one! We keep pouring over the menu and it's just killing us. :laughing: Cherry Manhattan sounds lush! :cloud9:
popcorn::

We are going to be down the week before you! Disney at Christmastime, is there anything better?:cloud9:
I love DisneyLAND at Christmastime and I'm sure WDW will be 100 times better. :thumbsup2
Subbing in :)

I am totally addicted to reading PTR's! :lmao: And of course, I have to keep reading the Dec ones. Can't wait for our trip. No HP this time for us but it's on the back burner for next time.
Thanks for joining! :wave:
I think that anyone who does PTR must have way too much commando inside...now that my ADRs are set and I have compared EasyWDW against touring plans it is now on to minute by minute planning. I am toying with the idea of getting a ridemax subscription...:lmao:
I love Ridemax! On those days that we're touring alone, I will definitely use it. When we're in a large group, it just doesn't work.

California Grill-saw it did not make it on your list, not missing anything food wise...there was just not a lot on the menu I really cared for...the only thing it has going for it is the VIEW for wishes. AMAZING!
I think I'll save this for when it's just me and Andy. I definitely want to try it, but it's not a must-do anymore.

50s Prime Time-The food was good...gotta order the milkshake! Our server really did not play with us much...but watching the other tables get harassed was a lot of fun! I loved the Boston Cream Pie Cupcake...I know my kids are going to enjoy this place...I booked an ADR for lunch!
Ooh... Boston Cream Pie Cupcake, you say? :faint:

Can't wait to see what you have on WWofHP. I am getting ready to post a bunch that I found in addition add some of the things I remember from last summer!
Oh, good! I may hit you up for some advice or feedback on my plan. :)

Hi there! Subscribing here. I'll have to go back and catch up a little later. Looking forward to reading your plans!

Hi! :wave2: Thanks for joining in the fun. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter