The Nightmare Before Christmas - Move over Jack, WALDO'S BACK!~A Dec PTR~ NEW 12/10!!

I love researching too!! We will make it to Potterland one of these days. I think it would be so fun to explore. I can't wait to read more popcorn::.

I think a big toast is appropriate....

IMG_0075.jpg

congrats on finding great airfare (I am still searching) and for making the choice to go and visit Harry! The WWofHP is simply amazing, sorry WDW but USO certainly blows you out of the water with theming here! Being Potter fans you will be in awe the first time you see Hogwarts! Less than 6 months and I will get another chance to just stand and stare with my mouth open like a fool!:thumbsup2

Okay, I can't do the usual quote and reply right now, but had to at least pop in and say that I'm SO EXCITED for you guys to see Potterland!!! My descriptions just don't do the place justice. You'll love it! :banana:

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get everything I needed with enough points left for another impromptu adults-only weekend sometime next year. Ahem. :teeth:

August, just sayin:rolleyes1

We are planning 3 nights at Universal/IOA next year. CAn't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

JM

All of your room changes are making me dizzy.

As far as the adults only trip - we love going during F&W without kids.

YAY on being a Potterhead!! i wish i could make a break at Hogsmead and all things potter, but convincing the rest of the family to skip out on the mouse for even a day... no such luck this time around

Oh My Goodness! My eyes went like this :eek: when I saw your PTR!! Then I was like this :hyper: cuz I love the Waldo's so excited there coming! Then I was like this :teeth: so happy your doing another TR!!! (you and V are amongst my favorite TR writers on the DIS by the way ;))

Harry Pottah???

Lucky girl...lucky girl...
Yes, Harry Pottah! Evan's been practicing his Pottah accent by watching Chahlie bit my fingah on Youtube. :lmao:
You will love Islands of Adventure! We were all really impressed by the whole park.
Your FB pics had us all drooling! We can't wait!
I love researching too!! We will make it to Potterland one of these days. I think it would be so fun to explore. I can't wait to read more popcorn::.
I think you and Bill would love HP land!
I think a big toast is appropriate....

IMG_0075.jpg

congrats on finding great airfare (I am still searching) and for making the choice to go and visit Harry! The WWofHP is simply amazing, sorry WDW but USO certainly blows you out of the water with theming here! Being Potter fans you will be in awe the first time you see Hogwarts! Less than 6 months and I will get another chance to just stand and stare with my mouth open like a fool!:thumbsup2
Thanks! I can't wait for my first Butterbeer!
Okay, I can't do the usual quote and reply right now, but had to at least pop in and say that I'm SO EXCITED for you guys to see Potterland!!! My descriptions just don't do the place justice. You'll love it! :banana:
Me, too! :banana:
August, just sayin:rolleyes1
I love ya, but I don't think so. :lmao:
[/QUOTE]

All of your room changes are making me dizzy.
Yeah, trying keep track of all that. :faint:
As far as the adults only trip - we love going during F&W without kids.
Yup, that's more like it! :thumbsup2

YAY on being a Potterhead!! i wish i could make a break at Hogsmead and all things potter, but convincing the rest of the family to skip out on the mouse for even a day... no such luck this time around
Mine are the opposite... they'd kill me if we didn't get a least 1 day in Hogsmead. ;)
Oh My Goodness! My eyes went like this :eek: when I saw your PTR!! Then I was like this :hyper: cuz I love the Waldo's so excited there coming! Then I was like this :teeth: so happy your doing another TR!!! (you and V are amongst my favorite TR writers on the DIS by the way ;))
Hi Friend, thank you! I'm so glad you found my PTR and that you're reading along! :wave:

Thanks! I can't wait for my first Butterbeer!

And your second, and third, and fourth...:rotfl: The stuff is so addicting. You have to try both the frozen and the regular. I like them both...tip if the line outside at the cart is long go inside the Boar's Head Tavern there usually is not too long of a line inside. Also there is a great patio behind Boars Head/3 Broomsticks that has an awesome view of Hogwart's. It was so amazing to sit there drinking my Butter Beer and staring at up at Hogwarts!

And your second, and third, and fourth...:rotfl: The stuff is so addicting. You have to try both the frozen and the regular. I like them both...tip if the line outside at the cart is long go inside the Boar's Head Tavern there usually is not too long of a line inside. Also there is a great patio behind Boars Head/3 Broomsticks that has an awesome view of Hogwart's. It was so amazing to sit there drinking my Butter Beer and staring at up at Hogwarts!

Great! Thanks for the tip.... I've been reading the UO boards for touring plans and little insider "tidbits". ;)

Ok, can I get a raise of hands for those who knew booking a 1 night only hotel room on Christmas Day is nearly impossible?

Dudes.

Let’s just say it’s NOT easy being roomless.

I finally did luck out, after the sweet gesture of a dear friend to stay with her and her famalama in Jacksonville, at the Caribe Royale and got us a nice queen suite for a decent price. Whew. I was worried I was going to have to book POP!

Speaking of dear friends….

This is a perfect time to introduce my DIS-sisters… my sisters from other misters….my BFF’s, Kate, Lauralee and V. Long story short, I met a trio of awesome chicks through an awesome group thread on the CB boards of the DIS (before they got skerry), circa 2007. Anyway, we sparked a special friendship that has carried beyond our mutual love of Disney and into our day to day lives. I don’t think I go a day without some kind of contact with one or all 3 of them. They’re awesome and I love them and their families like…. well, like family. And that means a lot to brown folks. BTW, I’m a brown peep. :teeth:

DISisters Intros:

Kate comes with her group of handsome dudes including her DH Señor Tim, and her three sons, L, F and B. Kate's boys are sweet, thoughtful boys and I adore them all.

LL comes with her group of funny guys including her DH Tony and HILARIOUS son, Michael. Michael is a riot and has the best one liners EVER!

And V comes with her adorable son, Leo. He loves being the tour guide of our group, being he's technically a "local". I love touring a park with him and listening to him point out and explain different things. If we were on Gillian's Island, he's the Professor.

Yeah, notice something in common here? Yup.... boys, boy and another boy. Anyone else would feel bad for Maddie, but she does pretty good handling this group of boys. Personally, I think she really loves it! :goodvibes

Anyway, we’ve been lucky enough to vacation together at least once a year. I mean really, we have to! Our kids have also formed tight bonds and friendships and well, it’s sort of an ongoing pinkie promise. Oh and add to the fact that my parents adore them and expect to see them all. Ahem.

Look, I know someday we will all outgrow WDW, but I have no doubts we’ll be amigas por vida and we’ll all vacation elsewhere… TOGETHER! We may even be lucky enough to be in-lawed! :lmao:

Our Disney timeline…..

Here we are in September 2006 with my Dneph, Ryan. Our first taste of WDW consisted of lei’s and Lapu Lapu’s at the Polynesian Resort:

WDWPics2002.jpg

WDWPics184.jpg

WDWPics106-1.jpg

We returned the following year with more family and stayed at POFQ, my first and last taste of a moderate “resort”…..
;)

image99.jpg

This was also the first year my DISisters and I met up for some Disney fun:

Girl’s Night at Kona Café:

Tracyswdwpics104.jpg

Tracyswdwpics106.jpg

Dis-Kids:

Tracyswdwpics102.jpg

In 2008, our entire DISchat thread met up head to head with Tropical Storm Fay and the year we decided to join DVC: :teeth:

WDW08007.jpg

TRpics823006.jpg

Our crummy “Year of A Million Dreams” win

IMG_2046.jpg

August of 2009, we brought my brother, his family and my parents for our very first stay “At Home” and Evan’s 5th birthday.

WDWAug2009026.jpg

WDWAug2009028.jpg

3amigas.jpg

V, LL, Me and flat Kate

Here we are in January 2010, freezing our buns off! Thankfully there’s no shortage of booze in WDW…..

untitled.jpg

And finally, last year - the best 4th of July vacation EVER!!

DisneyWorlfJuly2010041.jpg

V, LL, me and Kate. My DISisters!:grouphug:

My dear DISisters are coming to hang out with me and my wacky group at one point or another during our trip. No dates are etched in stone, but I know we’ll all be together at one point and in Grand Tradition, we’ll all sit down and break bread together.

So let’s see if you’re keeping up with the check-ins….

Check-In #1 – Doubletree @ Universal Entrance

Check-In #2 – AKV – 2 studios

Check-In #3 - AKV – 2 bedroom

Check-In #4 – AKV – 1 bedroom

Check-In #5 – Caribe Royale

Now that the important parts of the trip were booked, I layed off any planning (except for the plans that roll around in my head 24/7) for a while and concentrated on my kid’s school activities and sports. One afternoon, I happened to be volunteering in Maddie’s class and I asked her current teacher what she thought about me taking my kids out of school for the 3 days before Winter Break. She didn’t think it was a big deal, but asked if I had seen the 2011-2012 calendar year changes?

WTH?????

Coming up…..

What smarty pants changed the calendar? Pick a car, any car….whoa….is that dollars or pesos?

Look, I know someday we will all outgrow WDW, but I have no doubts we’ll be amigas por vida and we’ll all vacation elsewhere… TOGETHER! We may even be lucky enough to be in-lawed! :lmao:

Whaaaa??? :scared1: Outgrow Disney?

Listen, J's 15 and my BIL is 48. They like Disney more than UncleR and I do. :lmao: There is no. such. thing. as outgrowing Disney. Take it back!

In 2008, our entire DISchat thread met up head to head with Tropical Storm Fay and the year we decided to join DVC: :teeth:

Excuse me, not everyone was there. :sad2:

I was so jealous! And I can't wait for the day when I get to meet many of you in person! :lovestruc

Beautiful ladies!

Now that the important parts of the trip were booked, I layed off any planning (except for the plans that roll around in my head 24/7) for a while and concentrated on my kid’s school activities and sports. One afternoon, I happened to be volunteering in Maddie’s class and I asked her current teacher what she thought about me taking my kids out of school for the 3 days before Winter Break. She didn’t think it was a big deal, but asked if I had seen the 2011-2012 calendar year changes?

WTH?????

Coming up…..

What smarty pants changed the calendar? Pick a car, any car….whoa….is that dollars or pesos?

I so know what you are talking about.... this happened to us, as well. And I will post you our solution after you spill the beans. I won't steal yo' thunder! :goodvibes

Speaking of dear friends….

This is a perfect time to introduce my DIS-sisters… my sisters from other misters….my BFF’s, Kate, Lauralee and V. Long story short, I met a trio of awesome chicks through an awesome group thread on the CB boards of the DIS (before they got skerry), circa 2007. Anyway, we sparked a special friendship that has carried beyond our mutual love of Disney and into our day to day lives. I don’t think I go a day without some kind of contact with one or all 3 of them. They’re awesome and I love them and their families like…. well, like family. And that means a lot to brown folks. BTW, I’m a brown peep. :teeth:
:hug:

[

Yeah, notice something in common here? Yup.... boys, boy and another boy. Anyone else would feel bad for Maddie, but she does pretty good handling this group of boys. Personally, I think she really loves it! :goodvibes

...We may even be lucky enough to be in-lawed! :lmao:
You'll get your Disney wedding one way or another, right? ;)

You have extra people in there. :confused3

And finally, last year - the best 4th of July vacation EVER!!

:grouphug:
I had sworn I'd NEVER go back for July 4th. So glad I broke that promise. :goodvibes
[
My dear DISisters are coming to hang out with me and my wacky group at one point or another during our trip. No dates are etched in stone, but I know we’ll all be together at one point and in Grand Tradition, we’ll all sit down and break bread together.

:yay::woohoo::yay: I'm so excited!! And dates are etched...you just keep managing to lengthen our stay. And I wouldn't have any other way :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter