The Nightmare Before Christmas - Move over Jack, WALDO'S BACK!~A Dec PTR~ NEW 12/10!!

Disneyland_Mama

<marquee><font color=peach>His head instantly infl
Hola, everyone!

We’re heading back to Disney World this winter and this time, so is Waldo!! Yup, it’s been far too long since Waldo wandered the world and since it’s been a tough 6 months for him, we decided it’s time! So sit back and enjoy the next 175 days filled with craziness, planning changes and downright tomfoolery!

Let’s do a little backstory about me and my wacky family….

My name is Disneyland_Mama and I live with my family in Southern California, just 11 miles from the ORIGINAL Happiest Place on Earth. Ok, so my name’s not really Disneyland_Mama, it's Tracy, but feel free to call me “T”. This will be my 7th trip since first being introduced to WDW in 2006. We are DVC owners at Kidani Village and AP holders at Disneyland since 1996.

My happy hubby is Andy. This is also his 7th trip and while he loves Disney, I think he’s had enough. Getting him to go to DLR is even becoming more and more difficult. He’s ready for a trip to ‘Aulani. :lmao:

Here we are freezing out keesters off in Jan. 2010 during a long "no kids" weekend.
January2010053.jpg

Here are our children, Maddie (9) and Evan (6). This is their 6th trip to Disney World. They are completely in love with all things Disney. They love the good rides and they love the resort pools the most. They’re both finally of age and height to really get their Disney on, and that just makes everything so much easier. Finally, no strollers and no baby swaps…..

madsandevan.jpg

Joining us are my parents, Waldo and TE.

IMG_0183.jpg

Let me tell you a little bit about my parents. Waldo is the infamous wandering wonder. He got his nickname on our first trip back in 2006. Traveling with my Dad anywhere is like a constant game of “Where’s Waldo?” He often ducks into stores or wanders ahead of the group and becomes “lost”. It drives us all insane because A) He can’t hear, so calling out his name is useless and B) He has no sense of direction. We have to stop our touring, send out the troops to find him or wait until he pops up. It’s annoying as heck! But he’s funny as hell, has the BEST one liners, keeps us entertained and most of all, I love the bond he has with my kiddos.

My mom, TE, is much easier to travel with. Well, except the time she needed an ECV and ran me over. But I digress… Anyway, my Mom is a people person and makes new friends everywhere she goes. She’ll talk to anyone, anywhere. It scares me.

This trip is extra special for us and my parents. For the past few years, Waldo’s been slowing down and we didn’t think anything of it, just thought his age was catching up to him. He turned 76 this past June, FYI. Anyway, October 2010, his doc ordered a routine angiogram and it turned into an emergency quadruple bypass. Ack! Anyway, with a refurbed ticker, Waldo’s ready to hit the world!

Here's Waldo trying on the Halloween costume he didn't get to wear:
waldocostume.jpg

And his Proof of Life (NOMeg&Russell) picture I had to show my kids after surgery to prove that he was infact fine and alive after his bypass.
proofoflife.jpg

We decided not to battle the heat of the summer, like we usually do and go for Thanksgiving week and a few days before. Then I realized I didn’t have enough DVC points and would have to borrow. BUT, since my Use Year isn’t until December, it wasn’t possible. Now what? Well, we love Disneyland at Christmas and I’ve always wanted to see WDW at Christmastime, so how about we borrow the heck out of our points and just go balls to the wall this year and skip WDW entirely next year? Hurray!!!

So, it was decided we’d take the kids out of school 3 days before the official Winter Break and leave on 12/14 and return on 12/25. Now with 6 people, we didn’t have enough points for a 2 bedroom villa during the holiday rapeyouofpoints season, so I had to do a little fuzzy room point allocations. :teacher:

Then TE & Waldo (The Waldo’s) started squawking about not being home for Christmas and that they want to leave on the 21st and Andy started squawking that he wants to stay through Christmas Day. Ugh!

So, I pulled out my handy dandy points calculator and came up with a stellar plan!

12/15-12/18
Animal Kingdom/Kidani Village – 2 studio accommodations

12/18-12/21
Animal Kingdom/Kidani Village – 2 bedroom accommodation

The Waldo’s fly home on 12/21

12/21-12/25
Animal Kingdom/Kidani Village – 1 bedroom accommodation

Looks good, right?

Oh, just wait……….
:lmao:

Up next:
Planes, Calendar screw-ups, Hogsmead and Automobiles……..
popcorn::

I'm in:goodvibes Can't wait to hear about all of Waldo's adventures.....oh, and your too;)

WALDO!!!!!

Heh heh. Well lookatthat - you pulled me back to the DIS! ;)

Dude. I am so in. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am here too!! Love the title, love the writing style, I can't wait to read more. You are always so funny :rotfl:.

I'm sorry, it sounded like you said..."so how about we borrow the heck out of our points and just go balls to the wall this year and skip WDW entirely next year?"

:lmao: Weren't we supposed to skip THIS YEAR?!?!

Although, in a fuzzy math kind of way, it's so close to the end of the year...AND we haven't been since July of LAST year...it'll technically be OVER a year that we've skipped...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it anyway when I tell Tony...:rolleyes1 I haven't quite managed to bring that up in conversation yet...

I also love that the fact that TE talks to anyone scares you....

This, from the woman whose best friends are strangers she met on the internet...:rotfl2:Bwahahahahahahaha!! And that's one of my favorite things about TE...I love both her and Waldo and really, really can't wait to see them!!

And tell Andy that Aulani would sound really, REALLY good to Tony too...bet the golf is great in Hawaii....:cool2:

:hug: LY/MI

I'm in:goodvibes Can't wait to hear about all of Waldo's adventures.....oh, and your too;)
:goodvibes Hi Janet!
Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2
WALDO!!!!!

Heh heh. Well lookatthat - you pulled me back to the DIS! ;)
Good! Welcome back!
[/QUOTE]

Hi Lessa! Thanks for reading :)
I am here too!! Love the title, love the writing style, I can't wait to read more. You are always so funny :rotfl:.
Thanks for coming over, Tracy! :goodvibes
Ah, my G-luv! Welcome! :)
:goodvibes Hi sista-friend!
I''m here!:yay::yay::yay:
Puggy Mo! Miss you!
I'm here too. :lovestruc
Thanks for reading, Jodi!
Although, in a fuzzy math kind of way, it's so close to the end of the year...AND we haven't been since July of LAST year...it'll technically be OVER a year that we've skipped...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it anyway when I tell Tony...:rolleyes1 I haven't quite managed to bring that up in conversation yet...
Sounds good to me! :lmao:
I also love that the fact that TE talks to anyone scares you....

This, from the woman whose best friends are strangers she met on the internet...
Good point! :rotfl2:

And tell Andy that Aulani would sound really, REALLY good to Tony too...bet the golf is great in Hawaii
Andy says the gold IS really great in Hawaii - we'll have to tell you the story of the airplane and Waldo's run-in on the course. :rotfl2:
Ok, we are here. Are we playing where's T now?:confused3:lmao:;)
Patience grasshopper.... so much has been happening this week with the trip - I'm trying to get it all in order! :rolleyes1

I'm in, we will be there for most of your dates, i love reading in on PTR's and cant wait to hear all the updates!

My 11 month window came rather quickly, so bright and early on January 15th, I made that call. You know that call. :hyper: The call that gives you butterflies in your stomach – come on now, I KNOW that I’m not the only one here…..

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get everything I needed with enough points left for another impromptu adults-only weekend sometime next year. Ahem. :teeth:

So now that that was handled, time for the dreaded “search”. Let me say I loathe shopping for airfare, even though I’ve been rather lucky these past few years scoring decent prices and flight times. But I was worried with all the craziness in Libya, I knew the airlines were either taking advantage or about to take advantage of a reason to hike up fares. I entrusted my search to Bing, which has been my saving grace for a few years now. I also did tons of research regarding Christmas holiday travel and what were the “best” days and “worse” days to fly. I ended up getting a BING travel alert showing flight out of Orange County (my preferred airport) for a mere…. wait for it….. wait for it…..$268! Shut the front door! There was just one eensy weensy issue….. flexible travel dates. :headache:

It was too good to pass up, so I booked the flights for Dec. 14th with a return date of Dec. 26th. Who knew it was cheaper to fly home the day AFTER Christmas? So here’s where my dilemma kicks in. No accommodations for Dec. 14th!!!! What to do, what to do? I asked some DIS friends and they came up with all sorts of recommendations and I ended up booking a villa at Caribe Royal for the 6 of us.

BUT WAIT A SECOND……..:eek:

We had already planned to hit Universal and IoA to see the new Harry Potterland sometime during our stay, so I thought we should hit HP on our first day in Florida, you know before the holiday crowds. After much research (are you sensing a pattern here? I’m an obsessive research kinda girl) and many visits to various Universal threads, I decided to book us a room with a Preferred Partner hotel at…at…at…. The Doubletree. Yes, I know. I’m totally cheating on the Mouse.:sad2: What can I say? We’re Potterheads! We couldn’t pass up a day exploring Hogsmead! I have to admit, I’m most excited about our day in Potterville! Anywho, I got a great deal on a package including early entry to Potterland! :thumbsup2

universal-harry-potter-park-1.jpg

So now we have Universal reservations from 12/14-12/15, 2 Studio ressies from 12/15-12/18, a 2 bedroom ressie from 12/18-12/21, a 1 bedroom ressie from 12/21-12/25 and flights booked from 12/14-12/26. :faint: Yeah, that’s a bit of a problem……..

Up next: No Rooms For YOU!, Resort Roulette, Book A Car – Any Car……..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter