The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested, too. This would eliminate having to pay $25/night for a rollaway and would prob be more comfortable. Is this an upgrade from the standard room?

Yes, it is an upgrade from a standard room, it is bigger than a standard room and sleeps the extra person. For our stay, it was slightly more than the $25/night for the rollaway bed but well worth the extra space.

I seem to recall when you book online you choose 5 adults for the number of people and they will only quote you rooms that will sleep that number.

Yes, it is an upgrade from a standard room, it is bigger than a standard room and sleeps the extra person. For our stay, it was slightly more than the $25/night for the rollaway bed but well worth the extra space.

I seem to recall when you book online you choose 5 adults for the number of people and they will only quote you rooms that will sleep that number.
Yes, a bit more than the $25 we would have to pay anyway would def. be worth it. Good tip on quoting it as 5 adults. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Well, I'm all booked! Oct 26-Nov 1. I could not find a decent rate during my stay at the Dolphin, so I had to settled for the Swan. King room, crescent lake view (+ free upgrade) with a 100$ food and beverage credit.

Anyone know whether the 100$ credit can be used at Dolphin as well or just the Swan?

Off to book my ADR's and an airport shuttle

Well, I'm all booked! Oct 26-Nov 1. I could not find a decent rate during my stay at the Dolphin, so I had to settled for the Swan. King room, crescent lake view (+ free upgrade) with a 100$ food and beverage credit.

Anyone know whether the 100$ credit can be used at Dolphin as well or just the Swan?

I hardly call staying at the Swan "settling"! The Swan is my preferred resort. I'm sure your food and beverage credit can be used at both resort.

The $100 shows up as a credit on your statement, since you can charge food & beverage from either hotel to your room it will apply to any from the Swan or the Dolphin.

We just returned and had the same credit although interestingly it is a line item on our bill "ADJ OFFSETTING CREDIT" -$100.00. We had PLENTY of food charges from both the Swan and the Dolphin in excess of $100 so I don't know if it would have triggered something if we didn't use it for food or beverage, KWIM?

I hardly call staying at the Swan "settling"! The Swan is my preferred resort. I'm sure your food and beverage credit can be used at both resort.

:goodvibes

Hi Nancy!

Sooo glad to hear that. Everyone was so biased towards Dolphin, my view might have been a tad skewered@

As two adults, I'm sure we'll love the Swan. Tremendously looking forward to the walks (and the Starbucks!) and truly taking advantage of the resort. I'm making most of my ADR's in the area (Bluezoo, Flying Fish, etc), soething I have never done before - usually I'm running around from bus to boat to catch my ADR's.

Hi Nancy!

Sooo glad to hear that. Everyone was so biased towards Dolphin, my view might have been a tad skewered@

As two adults, I'm sure we'll love the Swan. Tremendously looking forward to the walks (and the Starbucks!) and truly taking advantage of the resort. I'm making most of my ADR's in the area (Bluezoo, Flying Fish, etc), soething I have never done before - usually I'm running around from bus to boat to catch my ADR's.

Not "biased", just to each his own. ;)
I think two adults would probably be much happier at the Swan - so calm and peaceful, with little corners and patios tucked away. :love:

We just prefer the hustle and bustle of the Dolphin, and the closer proximity to the onsite offerings. But, either spot, Swan or Dolphin, is the best of the best, in my humble opinion! :rolleyes:

Hi Nancy!

I first stayed at the Dolphin almost 10 years ago, and I didn't think any resort could be better - until I stayed at the Swan! :teeth: Having an extra sink outside the bathroom is helpful when 2 or more people stay in the room. I also prefer the slightly closer proximity of the Swan to the Boardwalk, as well as the ability to board the theme park buses before they pick-up and drop-off passengers at the Dolphin.

Remember that you'll be at WDW during the Food and Wine Festival! I normally end most days at Epcot, and I make it a point to "graze" at the food booths as much as possible during F&W rather than eat at sit-down restaurants.

I first stayed at the Dolphin almost 10 years ago, and I didn't think any resort could be better - until I stayed at the Swan! :teeth: Having an extra sink outside the bathroom is helpful when 2 or more people stay in the room. I also prefer the slightly closer proximity of the Swan to the Boardwalk, as well as the ability to board the theme park buses before they pick-up and drop-off passengers at the Dolphin.

Remember that you'll be at WDW during the Food and Wine Festival! I normally end most days at Epcot, and I make it a point to "graze" at the food booths as much as possible during F&W rather than eat at sit-down restaurants.

Graze we will :rotfl:

I plan on hitting F&W on two days. I'm just beyond excited. Used to staying at POFQ or POP and will be like a kid in a candy store, strolling the grounds, the Boardwalk. And I scheduled an entire day for Grotto...and a few cocktails :rolleyes1

Am i talking to the grand priestess of cocktails? :rotfl:
I see the lounge options are plentiful!

I know i'll need to sample a Tiki drink at the Cabana - share your fave picks!

Can't WAIT to share that title with my DH! :lmao:

The "original" mai tai was interesting at the Cabana Bar... it had a "spicy" twist to it. I like what is probably a "traditional" mai tai - NO grenadine or fruity stuff - more the RUM and splash of amaretto.. Had a indepth "mai tai" discussion with the bartender at the Polar Bar at Blizzard Beach. (He's from NJ, too. LOL)

The Cabana Bar used to have a Bacardi cocktail that had a floater of dark rum on top - not on the menu anymore but it was a favorite of mine...

... and then there is my favorite espresso martini....
(you would really think I was a lush, but HONESTLY, I don't drink all that much! Once a day on vacation. :laughing:)

DSCN0701.jpg

Last June, Dolphin Lobby Bar....
DSCN0751.jpg

This June, Dolphin Lobby Bar... (do we sense a pattern?!?....:goodvibes)
DSCN2266.jpg

Espresso martini - technically an acceptable early morning replacement for a Starbucks latte correct? :rotfl2:

I will def. have to try one of those in October after a long day in the parks.

Espresso martini - technically an acceptable early morning replacement for a Starbucks latte correct? :rotfl2:

I will def. have to try one of those in October after a long day in the parks.

...Alas, the Dolphin Lobby Bar only has "breakfast offerings" in the morning! :lmao:

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked!

We are staying at the Dolphin next Saturday for one night only, so we must check out by 11:00 A.M. on Sunday.

I would like to hit the pool in the morning and stay there until noon or so, then get lunch on the boardwalk or go to Epcot. Since we'll check out before 11:00, is there a locker room at the pools where I can shower and change after using the pool?

Also: is that a shady thing to do?

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked!

We are staying at the Dolphin next Saturday for one night only, so we must check out by 11:00 A.M. on Sunday.

I would like to hit the pool in the morning and stay there until noon or so, then get lunch on the boardwalk or go to Epcot. Since we'll check out before 11:00, is there a locker room at the pools where I can shower and change after using the pool?

Also: is that a shady thing to do?

When we checked out a couple of weeks ago, we weren't being picked up for the airport until 1:45 so we asked about this same thing. We were told we could use the health club facilties and it would be no problem.

Okay. I was wondering if the Dolphin or Swan are good for small-ish kids. 2 boys 10 and 11. We normally do CSR, but are thinking about a change.

Ok everyone, we've got a couple of lurkers out there. A co-worker and his wife just booked the Dolphin for this fall. They're hitting the big 4 restaurants at the Swolphin, too. He told me that he spent over 2 hours on the DIS the other night. I'm certain that they've found this thread.

Perhaps they can be encouraged to join in the fun, and post their Dolphin questions here. (we've served as their question proxy a little)

I know that they're both getting very excited to celebrate their first wedding anniversary at the Dolphin!

Thanks for the info. I've got a few other questions.

1. Can you use chase disney points at the s/d?

2. Does the Swan have rooms with 2 queens and a pullout?

3. Do any of the suites have a separate bedroom with a pullout?

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter