The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Views from alcove suite #592 West at the Swan:

a87d3fee.jpg

d8fb0258.jpg

208ce086.jpg

dfbb2f1b.jpg

00b795bd.jpg

78ec1bf8.jpg

1116dec2.jpg

8ea6770e.jpg

f5894318.jpg

ef55d275.jpg

f549fddd.jpg

19a93efc.jpg

9b6f5c77.jpg

Blondie - Thanks so much for the pics - I actually got choked up knowing I've only got 2 more weeks and that will be mine, mine, mine. I can't believe I made it through this school year and what a fantastic pay off.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I don't even care about any crowds or heat. I just want to drink in my surroundings and much needed/deserved refreshments, and watch fireworks and parades. My friend and I are getting together tonight to discuss the final plans.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

All I want is at least one trip on Splash, Pirates and HM!!!

Some great pics! Great to hear of all coming through/here now!

It has been hot as heckuba, for real.

Blondie - Thanks so much for the pics - I actually got choked up knowing I've only got 2 more weeks and that will be mine, mine, mine. I can't believe I made it through this school year and what a fantastic pay off.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I don't even care about any crowds or heat. I just want to drink in my surroundings and much needed/deserved refreshments, and watch fireworks and parades. My friend and I are getting together tonight to discuss the final plans.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

All I want is at least one trip on Splash, Pirates and HM!!!

I hear ya! It's been a looooong school year with a ton of stress over the budget (at one point I wasn't sure I would have a job, then it went to .8, but now it's back to full time) and our new principal. And I'm right there with you too for Splash, Pirates and HM, add in TOT and I'm set! Not long now for us!!!

Singing Mom - have a GREAT time!!!! How exciting that you're there already! Blondie - thank you for the beautiful pics!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Greetings from Sunny Florida and the Beautiful DOLPHIN!!

Arrived on time after a great flight, with our driver waiting, holding our name on the piece of paper that always makes me feel very important! :goodvibes

Everything went so smoothly, that we were at our Beloved Dolphin by 10:40 am and our room was ready! Yippee!!!!

We are in the west wing, with a balcony overlooking the lake and swan boats and a nice view of the pool. (MUCH THANKS to a special friend - you know who you are.:flower3:)

Unpacked and headed through EPCOT to the monorail for the Grand Floridian. Had Afternoon Tea reservations - it was FABULOUS! We like to "take tea" in Manhattan, and this ranked up with the famous Plaza Hotel (of Eloise fame) in our book. The manager was originally from NJ and majored in theatre - so he and DD had a great conversation about Broadway and Shakespeare. We told DD that if her dream of directing on Broadway doesn't pan out, she can work in Disney World. :goodvibes

Went back to Epcot and did some of the World Showcase - the heat was VERY extreme yesterday. A viewing of the movie in the AC in France helped quite a bit. I thought I was going to have heat stroke!

Will continue in next post, to see if this goes through... lol

Ok, good, looks like I'm working ... lol

On our way to the monorail earlier we tried for some fast passes - none available for Soarin' but we did get Test Track. After visiting a few countries we strolled over to Test Track. I think they made that faster than it was last year! lol DD shopped for cars and we chatted with the GM guy,who's inlaws live in the next town over in NJ. It seems EVERYONE in Florida has a connection with New Jersey. :lmao:

DD was craving "real" fish & chips, so that's what she had for dinner - DH and I just shared an order of "chips" and we decided we needed to call it a night, after being up at 3am. :rolleyes: We went back to the Dolphin via the Boardwalk and enjoyed the magic guy and strolling along the water.

Had a nightcap in the lobby - YES, I had my ESPRESSO MARTINI :cool1: Pedro the bartender didn't have fresh espresso that late, but he used espresso vodka and it was almost as good as the real thing! Thanks, Pedro!;)

:cloud9: Heavenly beds awaited us and the first plan was Blizzard Beach this morning, but I have two sleepy heads still enjoying those :cloud9:heavenly beds, so I think we will take it slow today! That's what VACATION is for!

Hope I didn't bore you - I'll be back later it you want to hear more. (and *I promise* it won't be this long!!! :goodvibes)

Love the live report, Singing Mom...the longer, the better!

Cooling off while watching Impressions de France is one of my all-time favorite things to do in Epcot. It's supposed to be a scorcher today in the tri-state area, too, but I'd much rather be sweating at Disney!

Hope you and your family have a fabulous time. Can't wait for the next installment...

Enjoy SingingMom! We had lunch at the Rose and Crown last week (first time) and we loved it! DH had the Fish and Chips and I tried some! Excellent!

Stay cool! The heat was brutal last week, with real feels of 114 degrees! I don't know how people can say it isn't that bad! :confused3 I thought I was gonna die! But we forged on anyway! Still had a great trip! :yay: Already have our return trip planned for October! :cutie:

If you get a chance, check out the glow in the dark volley ball! :woohoo:

Thanks for the gorgeous pics Blondie! Everything looks so serene and beautiful!

I'm enjoying your live report SingingMom! It makes me want Sept. to arrive ASAP. And don't even think that you are boring us. I think most of us live vicariously thru other's reports from WDW. If we can't be there at least we can read about your good times.

Enjoy your trip!

sigh I am getting weepy reading this thread. We had to cancel our Dec trip (but for a good reason, baby #2 on the way) but man am I gonna miss going. DH and I have been considering a short Sept trip perhaps. Any idea how hot it will be then?! I still have my room key card in my wallet from our last trip, just love the S&D so much, I want to go back so bad!!! But I do love hearing all the stories and seeing the pics you all post!!!

Thanks for sharing a little bit of the magic with us Singing Mom:thumbsup2
Makes me want to book a Dolphin trip right now:love:
Stay cool in the heat and post some pics so we can be even more jealous:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to a "mini report " of Il Mulinos! I have Birthday reservations there on the 7th! Have a great time!!!! And on your recommendations,I will have an Expresso martini!

just checked my ressie online and was upgraded to resort view with balcony. will be there saturday for five nights

:banana::yay::cheer2::cool1:

Blondie-Good to "see" you again. As usual, great photos!

SingingMom-Love those live trip reports, so keep it coming!! 2 weeks, 2 days for us-our plane lands at 11:30am. Your trip report will make me feel as if our trip is starting sooner.

Ok, good, looks like I'm working ... lol

On our way to the monorail earlier we tried for some fast passes - none available for Soarin' but we did get Test Track. After visiting a few countries we strolled over to Test Track. I think they made that faster than it was last year! lol DD shopped for cars and we chatted with the GM guy,who's inlaws live in the next town over in NJ. It seems EVERYONE in Florida has a connection with New Jersey. :lmao:

DD was craving "real" fish & chips, so that's what she had for dinner - DH and I just shared an order of "chips" and we decided we needed to call it a night, after being up at 3am. :rolleyes: We went back to the Dolphin via the Boardwalk and enjoyed the magic guy and strolling along the water.

Had a nightcap in the lobby - YES, I had my ESPRESSO MARTINI :cool1: Pedro the bartender didn't have fresh espresso that late, but he used espresso vodka and it was almost as good as the real thing! Thanks, Pedro!;)

:cloud9: Heavenly beds awaited us and the first plan was Blizzard Beach this morning, but I have two sleepy heads still enjoying those :cloud9:heavenly beds, so I think we will take it slow today! That's what VACATION is for!

Hope I didn't bore you - I'll be back later it you want to hear more. (and *I promise* it won't be this long!!! :goodvibes)

WOOHOO! Thanks for the live update Singingmom! I can picture it and can't wait to live it 2 weeks from tomorrow!! Enjoy and try to stay cool!!!!!

sigh I am getting weepy reading this thread. We had to cancel our Dec trip (but for a good reason, baby #2 on the way) but man am I gonna miss going. DH and I have been considering a short Sept trip perhaps. Any idea how hot it will be then?! I still have my room key card in my wallet from our last trip, just love the S&D so much, I want to go back so bad!!! But I do love hearing all the stories and seeing the pics you all post!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on baby #2! That's an awesome reason for having to cancel your december trip! I totally think a celebratory trip in September is in order! ;)

A co-worker and his wife are considering Swan/Dolphin for their first anniversary this October. They want to be near F&W. As part of our wedding gift to them, we're gathering info, to make their vacation special. I saw on post 1 that package delivery and emh are available to Swan/Dolphin guests. What about ME? Do they participate in RAC?

Thanks.

DW and I will be at the BC about 3 weeks after them. We've already got ressies at Shula's and Il Mulino. First time for both, and looking forward to it.

ME not available for S/D.

We have dined at Shula's and Il Mulino's twice. Love them both - great dining experience and delicious food.

ME not available for S/D.

We have dined at Shula's and Il Mulino's twice. Love them both - great dining experience and delicious food.

Thank you. I'll be sure to include this in our presentation to them.

Looking forward to beef at Shula's, and gnocchi at Il Mulino.

just checked my ressie online and was upgraded to resort view with balcony. will be there saturday for five nights

:banana::yay::cheer2::cool1:

This may be an obvious question/answer...but, how do you find out if you are upgraded? We booked a standard view room at Swan, arriving in 2 weeks...can't see any place where an upgrade would be noted. Did this happen within a week of your arrival date?

On another note, does anyone have "new" pictures of inside of standard Swan rooms to get us excited?

TIA!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter