The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. Hope to make it to WDW Swan/Dolphin again before 2012, Finfan you said the bar was hopping. Which bar? Just need to know for future reference:goodvibes

Thanks for the update. Hope to make it to WDW Swan/Dolphin again before 2012, Finfan you said the bar was hopping. Which bar? Just need to know for future reference:goodvibes

not sure of the specific name, but the one in the lobby just as you are about to use the escalators or stairs down to the Fountain/out to boat launch. We were in the East wing so used the elevator hall that Mandara Spa is in ( smells SO nice)every night when we would go down that hall to the escolators, it was jammed at the bar, it can get loud too....while we didn't join in, I thought it was cool to have some nightlife happening.

This time of day in 48 hours, we will be at the Dolphin!! :D :D :cool1:

Kids and I are sooo excited :banana:. DH is worried about the heat :scared1:

Either way, can't wait! :dance3:

Oh, have a great trip!

I'm right there with your DH. We are going in about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm worrying about the heat, too.

The bad part?? It's supposed to be 100 here tomorrow...Surely it can't be that much worse in Orlando!

Oh, have a great trip!

I'm right there with your DH. We are going in about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm worrying about the heat, too.

The bad part?? It's supposed to be 100 here tomorrow...Surely it can't be that much worse in Orlando!

Thank you.

We were this same time last year and it was very hot. I can't imagine it much hotter or more humid but when you are at Disney, somehow, it doesn't bother me as much! Plus many of places to stay wet and/or cool. We just will not be able to do as much as we would otherwise.

Hi I'm here now. I was really nervous about my stay here but i must say I'm really enjoying it. The elevator is really fast haha. The room is nice nice pool had a rally bad start I had 1 comp night at vistana before coming here and oh boy that place has serious staff issues hahah but now things are just great. Taking any and all questions

Hi I'm here now. I was really nervous about my stay here but i must say I'm really enjoying it. The elevator is really fast haha. The room is nice nice pool had a rally bad start I had 1 comp night at vistana before coming here and oh boy that place has serious staff issues hahah but now things are just great. Taking any and all questions

How are you handling the heat? Do you know the times of the entertainment at the pool?

Thanks for the info. I think that is the Blue Zoo bar. Never really saw any nightlife before that's why I was asking. We're usually too tired to do much, but if they were playing Buffet I'd have to stop by.:upsidedow

We have a 7 am flight tomorrow!!! :cool1:

I will try to post some "live from the Dolphin" during the week! :banana:

(if I'm not too busy at the Lobby Bar sipping an espresso martini.. :goodvibes)

We have a 7 am flight tomorrow!!! :cool1:

I will try to post some "live from the Dolphin" during the week! :banana:

(if I'm not too busy at the Lobby Bar sipping an espresso martini.. :goodvibes)

Have a great time you guys!!!!!! Can't wait to hear more about EVERYTHING! I'm going nuts at 17 days!!!

Have a great time! I love live reports so when you guys get a chance, I'll be looking forward to it!! Stay cool and have fun!

I will see what I can find for the pool activities ect. I don;t mind the heat, we were here last summer same time and it was the same way you do have to get into the water in the afternoon. I;m finding crowds very doable. Really having a wonderful stay

Okay, as promised here goes! :wizard:

We were in room 592 West at the Swan, which is an alcove suite with a balcony! :lovestruc

The views were beautiful! We could see part of Epcot (and Spaceship Earth) as well as the resort around us, the Dolphin, the walkway over to the grotto pool and boat dock! :cool1:

They had a lot going on at the pool and cabana bar, here is the listing:

BEACH:

Bean Bag Toss (Mon.) 1pm

Hair Wraps, Braiding and Temp. Tattoos: (Mon-Sun.) 11am - 6pm

Dive-In Movie (Sat.) 8:30pm

Home Run Derby (Sun.) 1 pm

DOLPHIN BASKETBALL COURT:

Craft Cart (Mon. & Thurs.) 3pm

Basketball Knock Out (Tues.) 1pm

Build-A-Plush (Tues. & Sat.) 3pm

Ping Pong Tournament (Wed.) 1pm

Sno Kones (Wed. Fri. & Sun.) 3pm

Ladder Ball (Thurs.) 1pm

Larger Than Life Games (Fri.) 1pm

Water Balloon Toss (Sat.) 1pm

POOLS:
Spring Pool Card Games (Mon.) 4:30pm

Raft Relay (Tues.) 4:30pm

Pool Pac Man (Wed.) 4:30pm

Water Volleyball (Thurs.) 4:30pm

Beach Ball Launch (Fri.) 4:30pm

Water Polo (Sat.) 4:30pm

Sharks and Minnows (Sunday) 4:30pm

TENNIS COURTS:
Cardio Tennis (rackets provided) (Sat.) 10am - 12pm

CABANA BAR AND BEACH CLUB:

80's Night (Mon.) 6-9pm

Snowed In
Chiller Drinks & Ice Shooters (Tues.) 6-9pm

Cabana Bar Crawl
Through their signature lounges (Wed.) 5pm

Cabana Boot Camp
Wii Fit & Spiked Smoothies (Thurs.) 6-9pm

Game Over Night
Test Your Sports IQ (Fri.) 6-8pm
Glow In The Dark Volleyball (Fri.) 8:30pm

Cabana Live! (Sat.) 6-9pm
Live Music & Interactive Bar

Classics Night (Sun.) 6-9pm
Favorite Classic Movies & Cocktails

Singing Mom, hope you had a safe flight and are enjoying your time at the Dolphin!

Ello Poppet, we've been spoiled with off-season trips and manageable crowds. The 'summer season' is in full swing, or at least it was last week, and we had forgotten just how hot and crowded it becomes! It's all relative though, what's crowded to us isn't to others, etc. Hoping our next stay in October has far less crowds! I think the secret is out though. There are NO low seasons anymore! There's always something going at WDW. And that's a good thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter