The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing everyone great luck with their upcoming trips! Hope you have great weather and lots of magic and memories! :cheer2:

I am super psyched myself--just got our plane tickets!! :santa:

Thanks! and the same to you! :hippie:
Nothing's better than looking forward to those Dolphin heavenly beds! :cloud9:

Wishing everyone great luck with their upcoming trips! Hope you have great weather and lots of magic and memories! :cheer2:

Thank you!! :cool1: And same to you.

So excited to begin the last week count down!!! :banana:

Oh thank you :yay:

We still have 39 days to go but I am getting more excited each and every day!

This trip we are bringing someone that has never been to WDW, DD BF who is 23. I'm so excited about this...but yet I feel so much pressure. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

One week and we will be at the Dolphin! Oh I hope we like it as we will be there for 10 nights!!

:banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::cheer2:party::dancer:

Oh thank you :yay:

We still have 39 days to go but I am getting more excited each and every day!

This trip we are bringing someone that has never been to WDW, DD BF who is 23. I'm so excited about this...but yet I feel so much pressure. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Don't feel pressure - that's a good age - and since DD will be with you, there should be no problem! ;)

I think the pressure would be if you were going with people with young children. Each familly has different routines, likes, dislikes, etc.. and that can be very hectic at an overwhelming place like WDW. Hard to keep "everyone" happy.

Even last year, we took my parents - 71 and 72. They had not been to WDW in a long time. Dad is very mobile, but Mom has trouble walking distances, so we got her a wheelchair. Oh boy. THAT was an adventure. :rolleyes1 She barked orders from the chair - I think the loss of control bothered her. God love my Dad, he was very patient. But it made it difficult to see and do as much as we normally do, when it is just the three of us. I think the two days we enjoyed the most were when we sat together at the Grotto Pool, and the day mom decided to enjoy the Dolphin's balcony quietly and Dad came with us to the Studios. :)

My only advice is not to take it personally if YOUR favorite items don't turn out to be your first-time guest's favorites. Just introduce him to the "happiest place on earth" and watch his reaction. :wizard:

Have a great trip! (and take time to enjoy the Dolphin's ammenities. They are awesome!) :cheer2:

That's great advice...I think I am spending so much time worrying what he will like or not like...etc. I think I'm also worried he will turn out to be one of those "disney haters" GASP! No just kidding on that one.

One of the most challenging things is to schedule out "many" things. Since we go all the time...we have a routine...sometimes we mix and match it....but we never see EVERYTHING on each trip.

I'm thinking about having a little meeting....if my kids were reading this they would roll their eyes....

That's great advice...I think I am spending so much time worrying what he will like or not like...etc. I think I'm also worried he will turn out to be one of those "disney haters" GASP! No just kidding on that one.

One of the most challenging things is to schedule out "many" things. Since we go all the time...we have a routine...sometimes we mix and match it....but we never see EVERYTHING on each trip.

I'm thinking about having a little meeting....if my kids were reading this they would roll their eyes....

Don't laugh - I think the "meeting" is a good idea - although maybe don't call it that. :lmao:

This will be our fifth trip in a row to the Dolphin. DD will be a senior, so next summer will be filled with college prep - DH felt this was the "last time" as a "kid" that we could take her. I told them - fine, but let's just do the "BEST OF..." type of trip... Only things we REALLY enjoy and love. This way, we can actually enjoy more of what the DOLPHIN offers. I want a whole day at the Grotto Pool and Cabana Bar, etc...

Another change this year for us will be to "sleep in" on those HEAVENLY BEDS :cloud9:. and get to the parks a little later - maybe when the early risers are leaving for their pool breaks. Seems we never really take advantage of evening EMH and I would like to see more at night this year.

So that was the extent of OUR little "family meeting". ;) I also made VERY few ADR this trip - we picked a few favorites, and will "wing it" for the other meals, or just enjoy what the Swan & Dolphin have to offer. :cool1:

Here, live at the Swan! :cutie:

It's as beautiful as it always is! I haven't downloaded any photos yet, probably wait until we are home. We are in an alcove suite with beautiful views. :goodvibes

It is HOT and CROWDED. Fast Passes are gone for Soarin' and Test Track by 1pm. :scared1:

You know you've been staying at a resort a lot when the bell captains start calling you by your first name! :confused3

I will check back later! Any questions, just ask. :3dglasses

It's as beautiful as it always is! I haven't downloaded any photos yet, probably wait until we are home. We are in an alcove suite with beautiful views. :goodvibes

It is HOT and CROWDED. Fast Passes are gone for Soarin' and Test Track by 1pm. :scared1:

You know you've been staying at a resort a lot when the bell captains start calling you by your first name! :confused3

Have a wonderful time Blondie! :hippie:

Good to know about the Soarin' fast passes. We are only doing our "favorites" this trip, and that is certainly one of them! We usually do the "single rider" line for Test Track, so we can get on and not wait TOO long .

Quick question - can you charge to your room between the Swan & the Dolphin? We are staying at the Dolphin next week, but having dinner at Il Mulino one evening. Just wondered?

Thanks for the live update, Blondie! Have fun!!!!

We stayed at the Swan over Halloween last year. Upon check-in we received a list of activities for the week and particularly Halloween night. Since we had MNSSHP tix for that night, we didn't check out the resort activities. I also didn't realize you could order a pumpkin.

Looking ahead, I know for Christmas they have activities too. Can someone jump in and give me a heads up on Christmas (Christmas Eve & Day) and New Year's? Other than using Disney Florist, is there another option for an in-room tree (I don't think the pumpkin was a Disney Florist item)?

TIA

Yes, you can charge from S to D and D to S.

Nice hearing from you Blondie, enjoy. Did they call you Blondie, LOL? :lmao: They call me by name also, about 3 or 4 of them at the Swan. Always amazes me.

Best wishes to everyone getting ready to have fun. :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2 I guess it will probably be the same next week as well as far as heat and crowds :scared1:. If you have time to keep us posted, I'll be reading! :surfweb:

Stay cool :cool1: and enjoy!!!

Blondie, JUST missed you! We checked out at noon today! ( 6/16) HOT is not a strong enough word for those temps..Monday was 99, but heat index...:eek: and I can take the heat..but I was melting. We lived on cups of ice this trip, honestly, we sought out all the stations that had it and many were running out! We were in Orlando from 6/4-16 and only had rain 3 days, the 4th, 6th and yesterday...oh and a little today as we were leaving around 2 p.m.The Dolphin was awesome, we checked in during a sold-out ocnvention on the 9th so I was really worried about the room,( especially isnce our rate was so cheap @ 139) but ended up in room 11029 in the East Wing,( ready early at noon :thumbsup2) with a beautiful Boardwalk view,Tops of WS( Eiffel Tower, tops of Morocco buildings etc.) could even see DTD/Cirque tent... and also of the Swan, and TOT to the other side! We had the rooftop of the wing that has the shell fountains on top partially blocking, but it was a hoot seeing it power washed, and the window washer was working and came to our window while we were in the room, it was too funny being on the other side while he cleaned the window! Just in an hour ago from the airport so will post more later, but all is well at the S/D, the pool is THE place to be in this heat. tho they did have to close it the other night due to lightening in the area. Here's my tip for the Fountain ...order strawberries as a substitute for your chips with your sandwich/burger/dog...they are excellent and far better for you than chips! Busses ran great, boats ran great ( tho we walked to DHS and Epcot usually) the bar was hopping every night and the elevators are still the fastest things ever!

Yes, you can charge from S to D and D to S.

Nice hearing from you Blondie, enjoy. Did they call you Blondie, LOL? :lmao: They call me by name also, about 3 or 4 of them at the Swan. Always amazes me.

Best wishes to everyone getting ready to have fun. :woohoo:

Thanks for the info, Dan!

We have a super crazy busy weekend, and then we will be at the beautiful Dolphin on Tuesday!!!.... :banana: I think it's probably a good idea we have so much to do over the weekend to keep me from counting the hours! :yay:

Thanks for all the recent updates! I guess we will be ready for some super HOT weather. Oh well, it has been cooler than normal here in California so I think it will be quite a shocker for my ds.
Looking forward to being back at the Dolphin! We will be there on Wednesday!! So excited! I will try to post live a few times if there are any interesting updates to make! :banana::banana:

I'm sorry to ask this question because I know I've seen it answered but can't remember, what is the brand of coffee served in the Dolphin rooms? I seem to recall Starbucks VIA.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter