The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are new refrigeration units that replaced all of the former mini-bar ones, which were more so coolers.

PS: Some very cool things planned for the causeway during the holiday weekends this year... more to come!

:santa:

:listen: What? What is that you say? Consider that hook nicely baited....:fish:

Just wondering if the Dolphin has advanced online check in.

Also, and this is just a curiosity question...do a lot ofpeople bring beer or wine to keep in the hotel room? We are stopping on the way from the airport to the hotel to get some supplies for the week and I considered getting some beer. Is this tacky?

No, certainly not tacky! DH on many of our stays bought 2 bottles of wine at the Screen Door on the Boardwalk...$$$$. :scared1:

On this summer's trip, he got smarter and had our town car stop at Publix to buy the wine. Much more reasonable prices. He,too, as a previous poster wrote, likes to have a glass of wine when we return from our night activities. Nothing sweeter than sitting on the balcony at the S or D with a glass of wine --- happy to be in our happy place! :love:

Can someone give me a link to renovated room photos? I have heard that the rooms are being renovated but I haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks folks!!! I think my DH and my dad will be happy with your answers!!! I just worried that we will look like a travelling frat party! We get to the hotel early so we will need to leave all of our stuff, I am sure, till our room is ready. But since my beloved Phils will be playing in the World Series that week, DH will love relaxing in the room at night after little man is asleep with a nice beer, cheering his team on!! :yay:

Oh and I can.not.wait till this vacation!!! In 11 days I will be at the Dolphin, wahoo!!!:woohoo:

I wanted to know how deep the grotto pool is (especially the area near the slide).

Also, what kind of activities are there during the evening for kids~we are staying June 2010 after our cruise.

Thanks!:)

I wanted to know how deep the grotto pool is (especially the area near the slide).

Also, what kind of activities are there during the evening for kids~we are staying June 2010 after our cruise.

Thanks!:)

There was a "Dive-In Movie" one night this past June which was fun, but most of the activities for kids are scheulded during the day... DJ with games poolside, sno-cones, hairbraiding, tattoos, etc....

I would guess the slide area is 4-5 ft deep. There is usually a lifeguard stationed at the bottom. :cool1:

There was a "Dive-In Movie" one night this past June which was fun, but most of the activities for kids are scheulded during the day... DJ with games poolside, sno-cones, hairbraiding, tattoos, etc....

I would guess the slide area is 4-5 ft deep. There is usually a lifeguard stationed at the bottom. :cool1:

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for!

Does anyone know when Government rates would be released for Oct/Nov 2010? The reservation site says they are only available to September.

Just back from 5 days 4 nights at the Swan. To say it was great trip, is an understatement. We were upgraded to a balcony resort view. Balloons and a birthday surprise dessert sent to my room the first night and 1:00pm late check out to boot. I felt the service was a bit more personal than when we stayed at the Dolphin in the past. Room was also cleaner. Children's activities were not given at checkin, but found laying on the tables around the Java Bar. We used our AAA discount at Pikabo, Fresh and the Fountain. The only problem was that we called for wake up service and never received a wake up call. This could have been a problem, if I was not an early riser. Mixed drinks were $13.00+ at the Splash bar. Only had two the whole trip as we also bought wine and beer at Publix. Used Tiffany Town Car instead of FL tours. The drivers were friendlier and chattier. FYI- We could not find the fridge. Called the desk and were told to look around. It's located INSIDE the credenza. Duh!::lmao::rotfl:rotfl2:

Just back from 5 days 4 nights at the Swan. To say it was great trip, is an understatement. We were upgraded to a balcony resort view. Balloons and a birthday surprise dessert sent to my room the first night and 1:00pm late check out to boot. I felt the service was a bit more personal than when we stayed at the Dolphin in the past. Room was also cleaner. Children's activities were not given at checkin, but found laying on the tables around the Java Bar. We used our AAA discount at Pikabo, Fresh and the Fountain. The only problem was that we called for wake up service and never received a wake up call. This could have been a problem, if I was not an early riser. Mixed drinks were $13.00+ at the Splash bar. Only had two the whole trip as we also bought wine and beer at Publix. Used Tiffany Town Car instead of FL tours. The drivers were friendlier and chattier. FYI- We could not find the fridge. Called the desk and were told to look around. It's located INSIDE the credenza. Duh!::lmao::rotfl:rotfl2:

Happy to hear you had a great time! Happy Birthday!:bday:
I know those drinks are expensive, but I just love a mai tai at the Cabana Bar!:beach:
How funny that you couldn't find the fridge... too much of that wine & beer, maybe?! :lmao:

Thanks for the wishes Singing Mom. I sure felt silly after I found the fridge. Possibly a senior moment?:confused3 I was used to the fridge out in the open like at the Dolphin. I promise I hadn't even had a drink yet. I was just looking for a place for the cheese, pepperoni, beer, we had bought at Publix and juice pouches for the children.

BTW if anybody cares...the first bus to DTD from the Swan is 8:15 am. It was 49 degrees and we were trying to get to the bippity bopp because my daughter decided she just had to have the princess doo, and the only reservation I could get a day in advance was 8:45am.

:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter