The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call the Dolphin front desk and ask. I haven't tried it here, but I know of lots of hotels that offer day passes for their gyms. If you are a Starwood member, definitely mention that.

Thanks Annie78....I will check it out...we are Starwood members so perhaps that will help!

Inga

The only place I have ever been asked to show my room key is at the towel stand to get a towel. In all my stays I have never seen the lap pool with more than a few people in it. Just sayin.

Thanks Bjakmom...I think the idea of being where someone thinks I shouldn't be makes me way too anxious! Agree can't imagine the lap pools would be at capacity

I would think you could do laps in the quiet pool at the BC.

Will check it out. We could at OKW quiet pool but wasn't sure if BC had same type of smaller pool. I know at our usual resort, VWL, there was no way you could really swim any kind of lap-like swimming in the DVC pool

What brand of toiletries does the Swan have? In packing, I always struggle with bringing my own vs. using what is there. :)

Call the Dolphin front desk and ask. I haven't tried it here, but I know of lots of hotels that offer day passes for their gyms. If you are a Starwood member, definitely mention that.

We are just back from the Dolphin. As you enter the fitness center there is a sign up with rates. I think it was $8/day and then maybe a weekly rate. I did not pay it too much attention, but it was clear that there was some kind of opportunity for nonguest to pay to use the fitness center. I bet you can work something out!

Just booked the swan for two nights in Starwood points. I opted to spend an extra 1,000 points per night for the deluxe resort view room with balcony. Is that a worthwhile choice to upgrade our view with points? Are there crappy deluxe room views?

Also, what instant upgrades are available at the swan using Starwood points??

Final questions: where to have quick service breakfast inside the swan and what are prices like? Ever use the pantry service? Is the dolphin a better choice because it has more dining options?

blackacex2 said:
Just booked the swan for two nights in Starwood points. I opted to spend an extra 1,000 points per night for the deluxe resort view room with balcony. Is that a worthwhile choice to upgrade our view with points? Are there crappy deluxe room views?

Also, what instant upgrades are available at the swan using Starwood points??

Final questions: where to have quick service breakfast inside the swan and what are prices like? Ever use the pantry service? Is the dolphin a better choice because it has more dining options?

I think there are limited upgrade options using points, but you can always check. Regarding breakfast, both swan and dolphin have very basic a la carte coffee/pastry options in lobby areas, but for counter service, i believe only at dolphin (picabu), and dolphin also has the breakfast buffet. The two hotels are pretty close (less than 5 min walk), so not a huge incovenience, but i recognize minutes can add up

Headed to the Swan in the morning and so excited. Can someone please remind me the name of the transportation company I need to use? Is it
mears?

Headed to the Swan in the morning and so excited. Can someone please remind me the name of the transportation company I need to use? Is it
mears?

Yes, Mears -- their booth is on the first level at MCO, next to Disney's Magical Express (which of course is Mears too!).

Have a magical time! :goodvibes

How does the visitor parking work at the S&D? My mother-in-law may come over to see the kids while we are staying at the dolphin. Will she have to pay to park?

Also, how strict is the childcare regarding the age 4 requirement? We will be there in May with my 3 year old, he will be turning 4 in August. Will they take him in the club or no go?

Thanks!
Meredith

We inspect the room when we arrive -
Check the beds for stains, footprints and bedbugs
We flush the toilet and and run the bathtub to look for clogs
We try the A/C unit, and now the refrigerator in the room.
We open every draw and make sure they are empty.
We try the clock radio and TV.
Even go out to the balcony, check the sliding door and the chairs outside.

If good we then unpack, if not good, no unpacking in anyway.

When we are all done with our inspection, we either go to the front desk with our :rolleyes2concerns or call housekeeping for extra towels and thank the front desk for a wonderful room.

Nice checklist! Thanks!

We are just back from the Dolphin. As you enter the fitness center there is a sign up with rates. I think it was $8/day and then maybe a weekly rate. I did not pay it too much attention, but it was clear that there was some kind of opportunity for nonguest to pay to use the fitness center. I bet you can work something out!

Thanks magsmum, we will definitely check it out. There is nothing like training in an outside pool! Awesome!

Inga

I check in with the family the 15th.:yay:

I also wanted to know how visitor parking worked. My parents are planning to spend a day with us in Epcot.

This thread has been great! I am about 40 pages through And have seen reference to both a nurses and teachers discount. We have both in our family and I was hoping someone could tell me where to call to see what the discount would be for our upcoming stay in July? Do you just call the resort 800 number and ask for it? Can it be used in conjunction with a AAA discount?

This thread has been great! I am about 40 pages through And have seen reference to both a nurses and teachers discount. We have both in our family and I was hoping someone could tell me where to call to see what the discount would be for our upcoming stay in July? Do you just call the resort 800 number and ask for it? Can it be used in conjunction with a AAA discount?

Go to this link: http://www.swandolphin.com/ On the right side of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit), you will see "Special Offers". Click on that and it will bring up several discounts, including teacher, nurse, military.

Click on the discount you want and it will take you to a page where you can put in your dates and check the rates! I believe teacher and nurse rates are the same......... and AAA rates have also been the same the past year or 2.

No, you can not stack discounts, but for the location and accommodations - the Swan/Dolphin is a true bargain! :thumbsup2

You can call their reservation number 888-828-8850 and the CM will check for any discounts available for your travel dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter