The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI all!

I know I ask a lot of questions:flower3:
My flight arrives at MCO at 0945 and we will not be checking any luggage. About what time should I expect to be at Swan...Noon? I want to make ADR for lunch (possibly over at Boardwalk) and want to allow enough time. Will we be able to leave luggage at Bell Stand and go on our way or do you think early check in is possible at Noon? Also, I am assuming if we have to wait for the room to be ready that we can use the pools?

HI all!

I know I ask a lot of questions:flower3:
My flight arrives at MCO at 0945 and we will not be checking any luggage. About what time should I expect to be at Swan...Noon? I want to make ADR for lunch (possibly over at Boardwalk) and want to allow enough time. Will we be able to leave luggage at Bell Stand and go on our way or do you think early check in is possible at Noon? Also, I am assuming if we have to wait for the room to be ready that we can use the pools?

I have taken Mears to the Swan a number of times. First there's the wait for the van, and they like for it to be somewhat full before they depart. Depending on the number of hotel stops to be made before yours, it might be 90 minutes after landing before you get to the Swan. I think for sure you'd be there by noon.

Your room might be ready at noon, but more often than not I've had to leave my luggage with bell services when checking in. I've never used the Swan/Dolphin pools, but I'm sure you could use them before your room is ready.

I have taken Mears to the Swan a number of times. First there's the wait for the van, and they like for it to be somewhat full before they depart. Depending on the number of hotel stops to be made before yours, it might be 90 minutes after landing before you get to the Swan. I think for sure you'd be there by noon.

Your room might be ready at noon, but more often than not I've had to leave my luggage with bell services when checking in. I've never used the Swan/Dolphin pools, but I'm sure you could use them before your room is ready.

Thany you Nancy! So it is not a shuttle bus, but a van? I think I will shoot them an email and ask if I can have early check in request. Originally we weren't supposed to land until 10pm, so I had asked them to note the late arrival on the reservation, but I was able to switch my flight to an early one!:goodvibes

Thany you Nancy! So it is not a shuttle bus, but a van? I think I will shoot them an email and ask if I can have early check in request. Originally we weren't supposed to land until 10pm, so I had asked them to note the late arrival on the reservation, but I was able to switch my flight to an early one!:goodvibes

Yes, Mears uses mostly 12-pasenger vans to go to non-Disney hotels. You can certainly ask for an early check-in, but it can't be guaranteed.

DH likes mild Starbuck coffee.
What type of Starbucks coffee pods are in the Dolphin rooms for the coffee maker?

Does anyone have a picture of the Starbuck coffee pod for the coffee makers in the rooms ?

I was wondering what type they are ?
Could we bring some pods from home which fit the Dolphin room coffee maker ?

Do T-Discs for Tassimo™ Beverage System work in the coffee makers ?
Do K-Cups for Keurig® Brewers work in the coffee makers?
Do CBTL Single Serve Capsules Beverage System work in the coffee makers?
Do capsules for the Krups® Dolce Gusto machine work in the coffee makers?

The above were the only coffee pod types I could find on the Bed Bath & Beyond website.

:confused:Please help so I can bring the coffee my DH likes when we visit in a few months :confused:

Wanted to say hi- I have discovered the danger of APs this year. Planned to stay at the swolfin for my Nov trip with DD but moved to POFQ since her face "park" is DTD. Really wanted to stay for DSs trip to SWW in June, but there was no nurses rate to be had. But DH and I decided to have a blow out for my 40th before the AP expires and are going to F&W Oct 17-21. Currently booked at the dolphin in a king room with a nurses rate that was fab so I don't see us moving at all- yeah! Will look at all our transport options... As far as dining we have TIW and a Couple of rest.com coupons. Does anyone know if you can use both? Looking forward tO learning more over the next 6 months

Wanted to say hi- I have discovered the danger of APs this year. Planned to stay at the swolfin for my Nov trip with DD but moved to POFQ since her face "park" is DTD. Really wanted to stay for DSs trip to SWW in June, but there was no nurses rate to be had. But DH and I decided to have a blow out for my 40th before the AP expires and are going to F&W Oct 17-21. Currently booked at the dolphin in a king room with a nurses rate that was fab so I don't see us moving at all- yeah! Will look at all our transport options... As far as dining we have TIW and a Couple of rest.com coupons. Does anyone know if you can use both? Looking forward tO learning more over the next 6 months

Unfortunately, you can't combine the TIW discount with the Restaurant.com coupons.

I agree with you about the dangers of having an AP! :teeth:

DH likes mild Starbuck coffee.
What type of Starbucks coffee pods are in the Dolphin rooms for the coffee maker?

Does anyone have a picture of the Starbuck coffee pod for the coffee makers in the rooms ?

I was wondering what type they are ?
Could we bring some pods from home which fit the Dolphin room coffee maker ?

Do T-Discs for Tassimo™ Beverage System work in the coffee makers ?
Do K-Cups for Keurig® Brewers work in the coffee makers?
Do CBTL Single Serve Capsules Beverage System work in the coffee makers?
Do capsules for the Krups® Dolce Gusto machine work in the coffee makers?

The above were the only coffee pod types I could find on the Bed Bath & Beyond website.

:confused:Please help so I can bring the coffee my DH likes when we visit in a few months :confused:
The in-room coffee is a bold roast, Africa Kitamu. Not sure what flavor the decaf pods are.

IMG_6439a.jpg

None of those coffee systems are compatible with the coffee machines at the S/D. They use "pods" which are basically round coffee filter paper filled with coffee...a coffee ravioli, if you will.

They look something like this, but slightly larger in size. I'm not sure if these smaller pods would work in the coffee makers in the room.

coffee-beans-with-pads-300x252.jpg

Has your husband ever tried the Starbucks Via instant coffee? My DH says it doesn't even taste like instant, and you'd be able to get a mild roast. Might be worth trying before your trip...you can pick them up in Starbucks stores and most supermarkets.

The in-room coffee is a bold roast, Africa Kitamu. Not sure what flavor the decaf pods are.

IMG_6439a.jpg

None of those coffee systems are compatible with the coffee machines at the S/D. They use "pods" which are basically round coffee filter paper filled with coffee...a coffee ravioli, if you will.

They look something like this, but slightly larger in size. I'm not sure if these smaller pods would work in the coffee makers in the room.

coffee-beans-with-pads-300x252.jpg

Has your husband ever tried the Starbucks Via instant coffee? My DH says it doesn't even taste like instant, and you'd be able to get a mild roast. Might be worth trying before your trip...you can pick them up in Starbucks stores and most supermarkets.

The Decaf they have is "Fair Trade Blend" described as "Smooth, Roasty"; Flavor Intensity: BOLD!

I agree, the Via (instant) by Starbucks is very good! When I stay at a Value resort, no coffee pot in room, I will bring Via and use the hot water in the food court, rather than drinking the Nescafe! :)

The Decaf they have is "Fair Trade Blend" described as "Smooth, Roasty"; Flavor Intensity: BOLD!

I agree, the Via (instant) by Starbucks is very good! When I stay at a Value resort, no coffee pot in room, I will bring Via and use the hot water in the food court, rather than drinking the Nescafe! :)
Thanks for the information on the decaf. Us non-coffee drinkers don't always pay attention to such things! :coffee:

Thanks for the information on the decaf. Us non-coffee drinkers don't always pay attention to such things! :coffee:

As a non-coffee drinker, I'm glad I don't have to worry about whether there is a coffee pot in the room or the kind of coffee available.

As a non-coffee drinker, I'm glad I don't have to worry about whether there is a coffee pot in the room or the kind of coffee available.
So true. I bring my own tea, so all I need is hot water and I'm good to go.

Thanks for this wonderful, informative thread! Despite many prior trips to the World, I've never been to or known much about the Swan/Dolphin. However, I suddenly find myself headed there next week on a last minute solo trip for a conference. I've printed post #1 for reference while I'm there - it has everything I really needed to to know!!

Thanks again, so much!!!

Thanks for this wonderful, informative thread! Despite many prior trips to the World, I've never been to or known much about the Swan/Dolphin. However, I suddenly find myself headed there next week on a last minute solo trip for a conference. I've printed post #1 for reference while I'm there - it has everything I really needed to to know!!

Thanks again, so much!!!
Lucky you! Hope you'll be able to work in some park time.

Enjoy your trip!

I was wondering if there is still a thread around, that says what the discounts are for the swan and dolphin. I guess the codes were for like teachers, nurses, Ap holders, i'm not sure if florida ressidents were in that too.

It use to have codes ets, and a phone number to call and reserve.

Its been a few years since we have stayed since we joined dvc but, in-laws might now be joining our may trip at the last minute.
So, its most likely a better deal to have them there than at the bwi at the last minute.

thanks for your help.
Nothing like re-arranging your trip for ungrateful inlaws.

For those of you who do My Points (a rewards program) - one of their e-mails this morning was for Twinings Tea: www.twiningsusashop.com That reminded me of the UK Pavilion at Epcot, and made me even more excited that I'll be at the Swan in SIX DAYS! :yay::dance3::woohoo::banana:

For those of you who do My Points (a rewards program) - one of their e-mails this morning was for Twinings Tea: www.twiningsusashop.com That reminded me of the UK Pavilion at Epcot, and made me even more excited that I'll be at the Swan in SIX DAYS! :yay::dance3::woohoo::banana:

LOL - I had a Twinings moment this morning too - I just had my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday & can still only tolerate liquids- I made myself a K-cup of Twinings & thought "oh how I wish I was entering the IG into the UK right now rather than being here in so much pain!"

6 days woo hoo!

LOL - I had a Twinings moment this morning too - I just had my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday & can still only tolerate liquids- I made myself a K-cup of Twinings & thought "oh how I wish I was entering the IG into the UK right now rather than being here in so much pain!"

6 days woo hoo!

I hope your mouth will feel better soon! The tea shop at Epcot is SO cute, and as you will remember from your recent trip - the UK pavilion is especially lovely during the Flower and Garden Festival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter