The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any ideas about meeting up somewhere?

Maybe near the Disney Swan Resort, or on the Boardwalk in the evening to casually watch some of the entertainers?

Whatever we do will be fun and I am open to anything everyone comes up with.

I don't know how many of you are DVC members, but the DVC Merry Mixer Epcot was on Tuesdays from 3pm-5pm in early December inside Epcot and great for kids for all ages. You are all welcome to be my guests if they schedule it again this December if you are not a DVC member. :woohoo:

I am also DVC, Ray. :) When the Merry Mixer schedule comes out, that would be a fun meet to schedule! :thumbsup2

I like your idea of the Boardwalk area one evening! :thumbsup2 Dec 4th or 5th are the only 2 dates that would work for me - the 6th has so much going on over at DHS and I leave the evening of the 7th. :sad: (and I still need to go check those Tagrel threads!)

Wishing you all a Happy Weekend! I am headed to the Braves game tonight. Can they extend their win streak to 15?!! ;)

:goodvibes

i am also dvc, ray. :) when the merry mixer schedule comes out, that would be a fun meet to schedule! :thumbsup2

i like your idea of the boardwalk area one evening! :thumbsup2 dec 4th or 5th are the only 2 dates that would work for me - the 6th has so much going on over at dhs and i leave the evening of the 7th. :sad: (and i still need to go check those tagrel threads!)

wishing you all a happy weekend! I am headed to the braves game tonight. Can they extend their win streak to 15?!! ;)

:goodvibes

yes!!!!!! Go braves!!!!!

Poking my head in again with another question to all you guys. I did a search and couldn't find a definite answer.

I land in Orlando in 90 (!!!) days and am wondering if there's any chance the hotel will already be decked out with the holiday decorations. It's the 11th-17th of November. I know the parks will be decorated ( or in the process of being that way) and we have tickets to the MVMCP, but I've read that the S/D works the holiday cheer pretty hard (I've seen some of Dan's pics) and I didn't know if I was going to be able to see it?

Thanks everyone!

Good question. They don't seem to start any of the holiday fun stuff until the day after Thanksgiving :( but I hope it is decorated the week before at least. Does anyone know?

Poking my head in again with another question to all you guys. I did a search and couldn't find a definite answer.

I land in Orlando in 90 (!!!) days and am wondering if there's any chance the hotel will already be decked out with the holiday decorations. It's the 11th-17th of November. I know the parks will be decorated ( or in the process of being that way) and we have tickets to the MVMCP, but I've read that the S/D works the holiday cheer pretty hard (I've seen some of Dan's pics) and I didn't know if I was going to be able to see it?

Thanks everyone!

I wouldn't count on the Swan/Dolphin being decorated that early because Thanksgiving is so late (Nov. 28). I wouldn't expect it to be decorated until the weekend before or the week of Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the speedy responses! I wasn't counting on seeing the hotel decorated, but just thought I would check. This just gives me an excuse to go back next year in December ;).

Thanks for the speedy responses! I wasn't counting on seeing the hotel decorated, but just thought I would check. This just gives me an excuse to go back next year in December ;).

That's true! Go with the expectation that it won't be decorated - then be pleasantly surprised if it is. :)

The parks will be decorated and you can see the Osborne Lights :)

Mew to this forum and was hoping to use the AAA discount at some of the signature restaurants. I was told they do not participate, anybody know any other discounts available to non Florida resident

Mew to this forum and was hoping to use the AAA discount at some of the signature restaurants. I was told they do not participate, anybody know any other discounts available to non Florida resident

If you have an annual pass and buy the Tables In Wonderland card, you can save 20% at the signature restaurants.

Can anyone tell me where the Deluxe Alcove rooms are actually located at the Dolphin? Center tower? Wings? The sections that jut out from the main buildings?

I've been able to find posts that describe where they are in the Swan but not Dolphin?

Thanks!

I just called to cancel/upgrade our rez to an alcove room at the Swan and the AAA rate I was quoted over the phone was $30+ higher than the daily AAA w/resort credit rate that I could get online. I didn't realize this until AFTER I hung up, so I just logged into my account and cancelled that one and rebooked, but wanted to let everyone know to double check your rates...phone vs. online. Now I just need to make sure all my charges, cancellations and recharges are straight on my VISA card :).

Now, a question. Is the sofa bed comfy enough for a 10 year old to sleep on. She'll be so exhausted I don't think she'll care, but thought I'd ask.

drgnfly30- I just wanted to respond to your earlier question about room changing/2 reservations- one option you could try (if you have extra SPG points) is to call Starwoods and upgrade your points night(s) to a "specialty room" with 1,000 extra SPG points per night- and confirm the resort has linked your reservations (with a request to stay in same room). This should give you the best odds of not being moved. Good luck, and I hope you have a magical stay!

Roo2

drgnfly30- I just wanted to respond to your earlier question about room changing/2 reservations- one option you could try (if you have extra SPG points) is to call Starwoods and upgrade your points night(s) to a "specialty room" with 1,000 extra SPG points per night- and confirm the resort has linked your reservations (with a request to stay in same room). This should give you the best odds of not being moved. Good luck, and I hope you have a magical stay!

Roo2

If I have a room booked on points can I get an upgrade for 1000 more points? I haven't heard of this. What is a specialty room?

If I have a room booked on points can I get an upgrade for 1000 more points? I haven't heard of this. What is a specialty room?

We have gotten a balcony room at the Swan both times we have stayed there for 11,000 per night. I believe there are other options for even more points per night as well.

For those of you who have ordered from Garden Grocer, how far in advance do I need to place my order? We arrive on 11/30, the Saturday after Thanksgiving which I assume will be a fairly busy day....

For those of you who have ordered from Garden Grocer, how far in advance do I need to place my order? We arrive on 11/30, the Saturday after Thanksgiving which I assume will be a fairly busy day....

Unless I'm mistaken, I read that Swan/Dolphin no longer accept food deliveries. I don't remember where I read that...in this thread somewhere? Can anyone confirm or correct this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter