The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewfromourroom.jpg

Polynesian.jpg

I know this ia quite a way off, but knowing the persuasion dd and I have over dh...who knows but here is my thought.

DH says we can go in Sept/Oct of 2010 OR maybe Jan 2010 for dd Birthday if we can swing it . Okay, I am okay with this. At lease we are getting a plan together. He wants to do club level, lagoon view, hence the wait for the trip. He hates the whole Disney ADR dining thing. It drives him nuts to have to be somehere at a particular time for a meal. Every once in a while is okay to him, but every day really gets to him.

So I was thinking of still doing the dining plan, because I know dd will not be fully pleased with the food offerings club level serves on a daily basis but then doing signature table service such as California Grill (never been), CRT breakfast (dd will get see the Princesses) and then the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I don't really care to so much about the spirit of aloha but dd and dh both want to see it really bad. Then that would leave one or two extra table services (depending on how many nights we decide to go) and then I can let dh wing it with those, like use them for Kona or maybe a room service???

Now here is the kicker. I am hoping I can get into a free dining deal for this, if and when we go. Can you book free dining with club level???? Just wondering.

Sorry so long winded. I need something to get my mind off the home from disney blues combined with the after the holidays blues!!!!

Thanks!

I honestly don't know the answer to the questions about the dining... or if they will even offer that this year or next year.

Without trying to sound like a commercial, you may be best off contacting a travel agent to help you sort all this out.
Not only can they help you book the trip, but will be able to answer the questions (or if they don't know get the answer for you), help w/the dining and any ADR's or other ressies you want, and can snag you any discounts that do come along between now & then.

Personally we use the Magic for Less & have been absolutely delighted w/the service: http://www.themagicforless.com

But really there are several good Disney TA's out there. Whichever you choose, I definately think their services would be helpful to you.

I know this ia quite a way off, but knowing the persuasion dd and I have over dh...who knows but here is my thought.

DH says we can go in Sept/Oct of 2010 OR maybe Jan 2010 for dd Birthday if we can swing it . Okay, I am okay with this. At lease we are getting a plan together. He wants to do club level, lagoon view, hence the wait for the trip. He hates the whole Disney ADR dining thing. It drives him nuts to have to be somehere at a particular time for a meal. Every once in a while is okay to him, but every day really gets to him.

So I was thinking of still doing the dining plan, because I know dd will not be fully pleased with the food offerings club level serves on a daily basis but then doing signature table service such as California Grill (never been), CRT breakfast (dd will get see the Princesses) and then the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I don't really care to so much about the spirit of aloha but dd and dh both want to see it really bad. Then that would leave one or two extra table services (depending on how many nights we decide to go) and then I can let dh wing it with those, like use them for Kona or maybe a room service???

Now here is the kicker. I am hoping I can get into a free dining deal for this, if and when we go. Can you book free dining with club level???? Just wondering.

Sorry so long winded. I need something to get my mind off the home from disney blues combined with the after the holidays blues!!!!

Thanks!

I have stayed CL with free dining for the past 3 yrs, and we booked again CL bounceback free dining from when we were there in Sept. If it's offered again to the public, it's limited, so you should book as soon as it's offered. HTH

We will be at the Poly LV Club in 18 days. :cool1: We did not make any special requests, but after reading all these posts about a balcony room, I am wondering if we should make a balcony request or just let the chips fall. Anyone stay on a 2nd floor without a balcony that loved their room? What about ground floor, did you love your patio? Love reading everyone's posts. Thanks.

we are requesting a balcony b/c that is the majority of the reason we upgraded from a mod to a deluxe. DS will be napping and going to bed early at night, so we need a retreat from the 4 interior walls of a hotel room.:)

I had a first floor room in the fiji building with a patio. I did like the patio, the walkway in front of it is not well traveled and there are short shrubs in front of the patio (You can see over them) giving you a little sense of privacy. It was also seperated on either side of the patio so that you could not see who may be on the patio of the room next door. That was one thing I missed when I stayed at CR. I don't care for a shared patio.:upsidedow

I've been lurking for a long time, but now that I am almost at double digits, I'm starting to come up with some questions. Right now I need to know if you are able to put stuff under the bed or if it is a box type. Just wondering because I ordered a crib from abbf and it says that it comes in a box and I need to keep it to return it that way. Just trying to figure out if there is somewhere I can stash it. TIA

We stayed at the Poly Christmas week, and loved it. We had a first floor/patio "garden view" room in Tokelau. Couldn't ask for a better location. Short walk to the GCH for food and drinks. Quiet pool was literally just outside our door, and we had it to ourselves in the beautiful weather. Really easy walk to the TTC also.

This was our first time in a deluxe resort...only value and mod before this trip. You can't base the room rate on the room alone. It's nice, but it is not the same as a deluxe non-Disney resort at comparable rates IMO. BUT, you have to consider that the room rate includes what Disney does best...the entire experience! The resort is themed so beautifully that you truly feel transported to another place. I could have skipped the parks and stayed at the resort the entire time! The hidden Mickeys in the room were a treat too.

We arrived after 11:00 at night, but we were greeted promptly and checked in quickly. Even in the dark, we found our room easily along the torch-lit pathways (just beautiful!). Bell Services delivered our luggage quickly. Room was clean. No towel animals, despite generous Mousekeeping tip every day. Beds were comfortable. Thinking about ordering the pillows for home...Magic Gel Pillows. Teen children took turns on the sofa bed, and they each said it was comfortable.

Our only complaint...the limited food selections. The food court (with kids, it's easier for us) was not what we've come to expect from the value and mods. The selections were very limited and the pizza was very greasy. The kids didn't like the menus at the restaurants, so we didn't get to experience those...that would be different if it was just me and DH.

We were sad to leave the Poly...if we're able to afford it, I'd go back in a heartbeat!

we are requesting a balcony b/c that is the majority of the reason we upgraded from a mod to a deluxe. DS will be napping and going to bed early at night, so we need a retreat from the 4 interior walls of a hotel room.:)

Remember, too, the rooms at the Poly are really big! We were so happy with the size of the room. We never went back in the middle of the day to have my daughter nap as she just falls asleep in her stroller, but the balcony would have been a nice retreat if we had time to spend in the room.

Have a great trip! You will LOVE the Poly! We are so spoiled I dont think anything will ever compare to that stay!

I have finally started my trip report! See signature below for the link! Lots of Poly pictures in it! Enjoy!

I have traveled to Disney several times in over the years, I am planning a trip to the Poly that I want to book on monday, after reading this thread I am under the impression that I want to book Club with the Magic your way with Dining, would that be correct? I also get the sense to ask for a Balcony room??

I have one more question after reading a good amount of this thread, is the Consiege club level only in the hawaii building?

any advise to make this first stay as good as possible would be appreciated

pgodden

I have traveled to Disney several times in over the years, I am planning a trip to the Poly that I want to book on monday, after reading this thread I am under the impression that I want to book Club with the Magic your way with Dining, would that be correct? I also get the sense to ask for a Balcony room??

I have one more question after reading a good amount of this thread, is the Consiege club level only in the hawaii building?

any advise to make this first stay as good as possible would be appreciated

pgodden

Congrats on your decision to book the Polynesian Club Level. Whether or not you book with dining is a personal choice. For our family, we simply don't eat enough to warrant the dining plan (partially because we have the Disney Dining Card--now known as Tables in Wonderland Card). Of course, others think the dining plan is definitely a great add-on--as I said, it's a personal preference.

Hawaii does house the concierge level rooms, although Tonga houses concierge level suites. If you are booking a single room versus a suite, you will be in Hawaii. If you prefer a balcony (or patio), simply make that request when you book. While neither is guaranteed, the staff will do its best to accommodate your wishes. :banana:

Since it's your first stay, my best advice is to plan some down time to enjoy the amenities of the resort! Definitely take time to watch Wishes from the beach (or concierge lounge) as well as the Electrical Water Parade. Get your ADRs in order and allow the staff to assist you in making the arrangements. Above all, enjoy your vacation! :woohoo:

Are there elevators in each longhouse?:confused3

All but Niue. That longhouse does connect via a second floor bridge to Raratonga.

I'm so frustrated. I just typed a report about our Polynesian visit from 1/1-1/4 only to have it disappear. I'll come back later to try again (getting used to my new little 'puter) but ...

we had an ipod dock in our gardenview room!

Off to get the troops rallied for Epcot. Happy New Year everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter